sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 2046 users online including...
astrocat , Chelliephone , MashaEdulp

6 members
2040 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Middle Levels


Middle Levels The middle levels of the Ministry of Magic serve as a home to the Department of Ecological Regulation and Protection, the Department of Magical International Cooperation, and the Department of Magical Transportation.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2021, 11:29 PM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Middle Level Corridors

Ah, the smell of teen perspiration, wet dog and...is that a hint of pine? Long and wide, the mid level corridors are not as complicated as their lower level comrades but they certainly carry a unique odor. You can always tell which employees work here for they hardly seem to notice. On occasion you may find a nervous teenager standing in the hall wringing their fingers as they await to be called in for their apparition licensing examination. Also, it may be a good idea to keep a close eye on your ankles as some pests (be it creatures or plants) get a little irate when brought indoors or in close proximity to people and may just slip out of their confinements for a bit of a stroll.

The only corridors that seem immune to the various stenches are those in the immediate proximity to the Department of Magical International Cooperation, instead boasting refreshing smell of absolutely nothing. Cannot have our international visitors being greeted by the smell of dung in its various forms now.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 7,069

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Open! come play with me.
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

With the trident over his shoulder, Adam marched down the hallway. As far as his poor eyesight could tell, he was alone. And so he allowed himself a long, unguarded stride with swinging arms. It was a gait he didn't often use anymore since he was never really sure if his surroundings. His gait was causing the trident on his shoulder to swing back and forth behind his head, and he was whistling softly. He didn't realize it, but it was the tune that he had heard briefly in the Toxicology & Analysis Laboratory.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
With the trident over his shoulder, Adam marched down the hallway. As far as his poor eyesight could tell, he was alone. And so he allowed himself a long, unguarded stride with swinging arms. It was a gait he didn't often use anymore since he was never really sure if his surroundings. His gait was causing the trident on his shoulder to swing back and forth behind his head, and he was whistling softly. He didn't realize it, but it was the tune that he had heard briefly in the Toxicology & Analysis Laboratory.
Alana had a stack of files in her hands and she might have had more than she should be walking with. She knew she should had made a few trips, but not wanting to take up more time than she needed she grabbed them all and was walking as carefully as possible.

As she turned a corner she heard the whistling to late before she had ran into someone. All her files falling to the floor and scattering around. Well this wouldn't be good, she had no clue what was in them, but she was certain mixing them up was probably not a good thing for her job.

"I'm so sorry
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 7,069

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Alana had a stack of files in her hands and she might have had more than she should be walking with. She knew she should had made a few trips, but not wanting to take up more time than she needed she grabbed them all and was walking as carefully as possible.

As she turned a corner she heard the whistling to late before she had ran into someone. All her files falling to the floor and scattering around. Well this wouldn't be good, she had no clue what was in them, but she was certain mixing them up was probably not a good thing for her job.

"I'm so sorry
"Oooffttt..." The trident slipped from his hands and clattered to the floor loudly. Had he walked into a wall again? Maybe a pillar? He reached out in front of him trying to find what he hit. And as he did that he heard a voice near his feet. "Vhat? Oh, No vorries. I haf been zrough vorse.
"
He said looking down, but in the wrong direction. He heard the rustling of papers and squatted down. "Let me help," he offered. He squatted down and reached for what he thought was a sheet of paper, instead he knocked the trident around.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)



DERP & DoM
Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,976

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Sophie was late for a meeting with her boss, and she silently cursed the danish and norwegian trolls for making such a mess of things. She raced into the middle level corridor out of breath, and not looking where she was going, a combination that never ended well. It didn't this time either as Sophie rounded a corner and knocked smack into what she thought was a crouching guy which sent her knocking into a woman too before she landed hard on the ground on top of papers and something hard.

Slightly dizzy Sophie babbled out to the others there. "I'm so so sorry....I didn't mean to...."
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,495

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default alas, can't play for the bloodhound :( he would've toyed with the trident! xD
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Mordred has had enough of the migraines he'd been getting the past few days, and it didn't help that he got one again, today, and to top it off, their division lost an albino bloodhound puppy. The noise.. the ruckus just outside their department signaled the dragonologist that the pup probably didn't get far.. and already got itself in trouble.

The thing is, instead of seeing a pile of mess with a puppy chewing on something that it shouldn't chew, it was a mass of three human bodies on the floor, scattered papers everywhere.. and a trident?

Shaking his head ever so slightly, Mordred made his way to the group, skipped over their bodies and continued to search for his charge.
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Where was her head? She had been so careful most of the time, always trying to do her best and she made this mistake. Looking over at the man that she ran into she felt something was off, but couldn't figure it out until he reached for the wrong thing.

"Oh it's fine, really, it was my fault. Are you alright?" She tried to gather the papers as fast as possible, but then realized she might be pushing papers in the wrong files. She would have to stop off somewhere and check each file to make sure everything was in the correct places.

Looking to the papers she hadn't seen anyone else coming so when another body was on the ground she gasped, "Are you okay, so sorry about all of this. " She got up and went to the man to help him up first since he seemed to be having trouble seeing? Thankfully she had looked up just as someone was stepping over them, "Be careful, you almost kicked me."
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 7,069

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

The trident made a loud clattering noise as his fingers knocked it around a bit before he finally managed to grab hold and move it off to the side where he thought it would be out of the way. "I am fine. Fine..." he gave the lady who was worrying over him a smile. Or, more likely, he gave her direction a smile. He was pretty good at locating people by their vocal location, but often he still missed them by a bit. He gathered up a couple of papers, crinkling them a little in the process and held them out for his colleague to collect from him. It was always better to let others take things from him then for him to go trying to hand them to people. "It is all fine..." he repeated softly to himself as if trying to convince himself things were indeed fine.

But clearly they weren't because suddenly a knee caught him in the ribs. "Autsch!" Somehow, he managed to not face-plant on the ground, but he once again knocked the trident askew. Was that a breeze? He was straightening himself when he heard the first woman yelling at someone. Flashbacks of almost being buried alive in letters a few years ago flashed in his head and despite Laurel's insistence that the Ministry was not trying to kill him, he once again was questioning his chances. Especially as the second person landed on the ground sending a few papers fluttering into the air. "Alright?" he asked once again reaching for the trident which just made it bump both women.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

"I really didn't mean to be so unfocused though." He seemed to be struggling with the long stick looking thing he was holding, was that a trident? She had never seen one in person and stared at it a bit before hearing him cry out for the knee. "Oh gosh, look a the mess I have caused."

Finally getting up she had a mess to fix, "Are you sure you don't need any help?" Maybe he needed a guide in the ministry because the man looked like he was struggling to see where he was going. She wondered if he had ever been to a healer about it. Maybe classes? Since she didn't know the man she really had no clue and didn't want to pry or judge.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 7,069

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default wrapping up!
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Why did people always insist he needed help? He had made it to level four without anyone guiding him. He had made his way to his desk and back to the atrium every morning since he'd lost (most) of his eyesight. He'd adapted. It's what one had to do when they faced an exploding star, an Encephalon take over, and being buried alive in owl post. But like he always did when asked the question, he put a big smile on his face. The person was just trying to be kind, he reminded himself. "No, I vill be fine. I chust need to get zis trident down to mein boss. I am sorry about your papers. I vould help, but mein help vould likely chust make a bigger mess. Perhaps Fraulein..." He turned to the other lady who had joined them. He was pretty sure he hadn't caught either of their names."Can help you collect zem all?" While he had been speaking, his fingers closed around the trident and he felt himself perk up a little. He was always proud of himself when he was able to find things on his own.

Careful to not shove the end of the trident into the floor, Adam climbed to his feet. He gave his robes a half-tug, straightening the left-side but not the right. "If you vill excuse me. It iss a long valk down to lefel nuen (9)." He took a few steps away from the two ladies and then, when he was 90% sure he was clear of them, hefted the trident back onto his shoulder as he started walking back down the hallway. He'd only take a few steps when his whistling had started back up.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:07 PM   #11 (permalink)



MO & DMLE
Chimaera
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 30,091

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default Open to play
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

As much as he had approached his return to the Ministry last year with trepidation Simon had easily fallen back into his eagerness to get back to work when the new year had come around. He still really really hated the forced break and still did his best to come in when he could during it with he excuse that he had to make sure of certainly things to ensure the security of the ministry during the quietness before it all began again.

But now everyone had returned and the security head had taken up rounds once more with his team. Today's attention...Levels 4, 5, and 6 which was always interesting given the smells and potential discoveries once could find within the spaces of Environmental. Simon strolling through the nearest corridor, his gaze alert as he moved.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)



DERP & DoM
Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,976

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


But now everyone had returned and the security head had taken up rounds once more with his team. Today's attention...Levels 4, 5, and 6 which was always interesting given the smells and potential discoveries once could find within the spaces of Environmental. Simon strolling through the nearest corridor, his gaze alert as he moved.
Leaving DIMC with a file tugged under her arm the blond ambassador walked in her own bubble towards the lifts. Sophie was intending to go down to the cafeteria to get herself something to eat and drink. Conley had been adamant that she needed to take it slow and not overdo it now that she was back and healthy. Sophie paused in front of the lifts trying to remember what level the cafeteria was on when her eyes landed on an familiar figure. Smiling she turned away from the lifts to call out. "Hey Simon! Long time, no see, have you had a good christmas break?"
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:32 AM   #13 (permalink)



MO & DMLE
Chimaera
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 30,091

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Leaving DIMC with a file tugged under her arm the blond ambassador walked in her own bubble towards the lifts. Sophie was intending to go down to the cafeteria to get herself something to eat and drink. Conley had been adamant that she needed to take it slow and not overdo it now that she was back and healthy. Sophie paused in front of the lifts trying to remember what level the cafeteria was on when her eyes landed on an familiar figure. Smiling she turned away from the lifts to call out. "Hey Simon! Long time, no see, have you had a good christmas break?"
His attention elsewhere momentarily as he doublechecked a security ward, Simon turned as he heard his name. The security head unable to keep from smiling as the person who greeted him was confirmed. “Sophie…” he returned, walking towards her and the lifts. “Yes it has been. I do hope everything is alright.” He took ministry dramas seriously, even more so when they affected someone he knew and cared for personally. It was quite good to see his friend back and seeming well.

“Yes, it was quite good. Grace even decided to return home.” Though he supposed it might have had something to do with trying to escape the magical issues dominating the term there. Family could often be a good break from the stresses at school, especially when the resident poltergeist was making things interesting. Kennedy sure was having an interesting year teaching. “And yours?” Besides her recovery that was.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 02:02 PM   #14 (permalink)



DERP & DoM
Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,976

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


His attention elsewhere momentarily as he doublechecked a security ward, Simon turned as he heard his name. The security head unable to keep from smiling as the person who greeted him was confirmed. “Sophie…” he returned, walking towards her and the lifts. “Yes it has been. I do hope everything is alright.” He took ministry dramas seriously, even more so when they affected someone he knew and cared for personally. It was quite good to see his friend back and seeming well.

“Yes, it was quite good. Grace even decided to return home.” Though he supposed it might have had something to do with trying to escape the magical issues dominating the term there. Family could often be a good break from the stresses at school, especially when the resident poltergeist was making things interesting. Kennedy sure was having an interesting year teaching. “And yours?” Besides her recovery that was.
Stopping in front of the lifts to let Simon catch up to her Sophie smiled brightly as she affirmed to her friend. "Everything is all right now Simon. I'm healthy, and glad to be back at work." It was good to get back into daily routines again even if she had to be cautious not to overdo it as everyone kept reminding her.

"How old is your Grace now? My Bella is already 16." Sophie marveled. Time really flew by fast. Next year she'd be a Hogwarts graduate. "My break has been very good. I've visited a lot of extended family, and have eaten more gingerbread cookies, and have drunk more eggnog than i can count."
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:29 PM   #15 (permalink)



MO & DMLE
Chimaera
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 30,091

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Stopping in front of the lifts to let Simon catch up to her Sophie smiled brightly as she affirmed to her friend. "Everything is all right now Simon. I'm healthy, and glad to be back at work." It was good to get back into daily routines again even if she had to be cautious not to overdo it as everyone kept reminding her.

"How old is your Grace now? My Bella is already 16." Sophie marveled. Time really flew by fast. Next year she'd be a Hogwarts graduate. "My break has been very good. I've visited a lot of extended family, and have eaten more gingerbread cookies, and have drunk more eggnog than i can count."
She was all healthy and well, all good things. “That is excellent to hear.” They certainly didn’t need anyone with lasting effects from all of last year’s drama, both the mernapped and those closer to home. And Simon was sure that given what he knew of Sophie that she had no end of people looking out for her and making sure she didn’t overdo it, he kept quiet in that department.

How old was Grace? He had to pause to think of how the birthday fell. “17…and studying for NEWTS.” Only a few more months and he’d be the father of not one by TWO graduated Hogwarts students. A proud father but still it was harder to think of his little girl, and son to be honest, being that age already. “Sounds fun…and yummy.” Good food and family were always good things. Well as long as it was family one enjoyed being around.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)



DERP & DoM
Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,976

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


She was all healthy and well, all good things. “That is excellent to hear.” They certainly didn’t need anyone with lasting effects from all of last year’s drama, both the mernapped and those closer to home. And Simon was sure that given what he knew of Sophie that she had no end of people looking out for her and making sure she didn’t overdo it, he kept quiet in that department.

How old was Grace? He had to pause to think of how the birthday fell. “17…and studying for NEWTS.” Only a few more months and he’d be the father of not one by TWO graduated Hogwarts students. A proud father but still it was harder to think of his little girl, and son to be honest, being that age already. “Sounds fun…and yummy.” Good food and family were always good things. Well as long as it was family one enjoyed being around.
Beaming Sophie replied "Yes it's comforting to know that I won't be suffering any lasting effects from my disease." It lifted off a rock from her shoulders. She knew it eased her husband and childs worries too. It wasn't going to be easy to just slowly ease back into work. She had a lot to catch up with and deal with like the recent news. "Simon, did you know that there is a floo powder shortage across the UK and also in other countries?"

Smiling she said "Aww, 17 already. I wish Grace luck on her NEWTS I remember when I sat mine they were hard. My Isabella is a sixth year so she'll be graduating in a year from now too." Sophie would be a very proud mother when her daughter graduated from Hogwarts and was old enough to start working or beginning university studies. Her baby was a young woman now. They grew up too fast.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)



MO & DMLE
Chimaera
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 30,091

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Beaming Sophie replied "Yes it's comforting to know that I won't be suffering any lasting effects from my disease." It lifted off a rock from her shoulders. She knew it eased her husband and childs worries too. It wasn't going to be easy to just slowly ease back into work. She had a lot to catch up with and deal with like the recent news. "Simon, did you know that there is a floo powder shortage across the UK and also in other countries?"

Smiling she said "Aww, 17 already. I wish Grace luck on her NEWTS I remember when I sat mine they were hard. My Isabella is a sixth year so she'll be graduating in a year from now too." Sophie would be a very proud mother when her daughter graduated from Hogwarts and was old enough to start working or beginning university studies. Her baby was a young woman now. They grew up too fast.
Simon simply nodded in agreement. Yes, not having to worry about aftereffects was definitely something for you and your family to be happy about. The security man unconsciously manipulating his right hand, one of his own lingering after affects from a few years back, part of the reason for his previous absence. His mind however was on her question. Floo powder shortage? “No, I can’t say I was aware,” he admitted with a frown. It wasn’t a usual transportation of his and the wider world of the entire UK wasn’t his exact pervu at times.

“I will certainly pass your blessings on,” he assured her. “They were certainly…challenging,” he agreed, having sat them together with his companion after all. Even more so when you didn’t remember studying for them since you weren’t exactly yourself. Darn pirate ghosts and all that jazz. Graduating next year too. “Geez Soph….when did they grow up?”
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 05:13 PM   #18 (permalink)



DERP & DoM
Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,976

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Simon simply nodded in agreement. Yes, not having to worry about aftereffects was definitely something for you and your family to be happy about. The security man unconsciously manipulating his right hand, one of his own lingering after affects from a few years back, part of the reason for his previous absence. His mind however was on her question. Floo powder shortage? “No, I can’t say I was aware,” he admitted with a frown. It wasn’t a usual transportation of his and the wider world of the entire UK wasn’t his exact pervu at times.

“I will certainly pass your blessings on,” he assured her. “They were certainly…challenging,” he agreed, having sat them together with his companion after all. Even more so when you didn’t remember studying for them since you weren’t exactly yourself. Darn pirate ghosts and all that jazz. Graduating next year too. “Geez Soph….when did they grow up?”
Sophie was glad to back at work and eager to get back to work and forget the disease ever happened. "What means of transportation do you use mostly Simon in your day-to-day travel? Not floopowder i hope?" She wondered as thought about the floopowder shortage that was going to be a hassle for the whole wizarding world until it was sorted. Sophie did not want to use a portkey to get home that was for sure.

Letting out at warm giggle at Simons exclamation Sophie answered slowly "I persume they grow up right from under our noses. Does Grace know what she want to do after Hogwarts? Does she want to study at university?" In just a few months she'd have to ask Bella the same question. It'd be interesting to hear what her daughter wanted to work with because depending on the day or time she could say different professions.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 08:09 PM   #19 (permalink)



MO & DMLE
Chimaera
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 30,091

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Sophie was glad to back at work and eager to get back to work and forget the disease ever happened. "What means of transportation do you use mostly Simon in your day-to-day travel? Not floopowder i hope?" She wondered as thought about the floopowder shortage that was going to be a hassle for the whole wizarding world until it was sorted. Sophie did not want to use a portkey to get home that was for sure.

Letting out at warm giggle at Simons exclamation Sophie answered slowly "I persume they grow up right from under our noses. Does Grace know what she want to do after Hogwarts? Does she want to study at university?" In just a few months she'd have to ask Bella the same question. It'd be interesting to hear what her daughter wanted to work with because depending on the day or time she could say different professions.
What means of transportation do you use mostly…

Now that was a new question he wasn’t expecting. “Apparating mostly,” he answered with a raised curious eyebrow. It was a throwback to his auror days when he couldn’t count on having access to a floo and had to move quickly. “Why…is there a problem?” Something in the international community from his friend’s work? Something he should know about as head of security?

Simon nodded. “It certainly feels that way.” It wasn’t like he was the type of father that was lost in his work and spent no time around his kids. He was the exact opposite, especially when they were home from school. No longer quite the workaholic he was in his starting years at the ministry and he had been recovering for a lot of the last few years. “She is going to start at university…see if it feels right to her.” They had made it clear, like with Noah, that they didn’t have to complete a degree if they found out the path wasn’t the right fit for them. Merlin, he had switched from university to the ministry after one year…he just wound up finishing it later.

__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 01:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 7,069

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Open!
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Carrying his lunch bag in the same hand he was balancing a take-away bubble tea and some post he’d picked up on along the in the other, Conley was walking on auto-pilot down the hallway on his way into DIMC. He’d gotten better about grabbing his lunches, even if he hadn’t completely kicked the habit of forgetting to eat them all the time. The bubble tea had been an impulse buy as he passed a vendor on the street. It had sounded good and he felt like he could use a pick-me-up that his ordinary cup of tea just wouldn’t do. He had a hot date tonight and he doubted his husband would appreciate him falling asleep at dinner, especially after the coercion it took to get Winnie to watch the kids. Don’t get him wrong, he loved both of their kidos, but he also really enjoyed having Sachin all to himself with nobody else vying for Sachin’s attention.

With one finger, he was flipping through the post in his hand. His eyes landed on the address of one envelope in particular. He stopped walking. Someone made an unhappy noise behind him as they were forced to go around him. He frowned at the letter. He couldn’t say why it caught his attention, maybe it was the lettering, maybe it was the color of the ink, but he flipped it to the top of the pile with some complicated finger movements that mimicked some very impressive wand handling.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 01:01 AM   #21 (permalink)



MO & DMLE
Chimaera
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 30,091

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Carrying his lunch bag in the same hand he was balancing a take-away bubble tea and some post he’d picked up on along the in the other, Conley was walking on auto-pilot down the hallway on his way into DIMC. He’d gotten better about grabbing his lunches, even if he hadn’t completely kicked the habit of forgetting to eat them all the time. The bubble tea had been an impulse buy as he passed a vendor on the street. It had sounded good and he felt like he could use a pick-me-up that his ordinary cup of tea just wouldn’t do. He had a hot date tonight and he doubted his husband would appreciate him falling asleep at dinner, especially after the coercion it took to get Winnie to watch the kids. Don’t get him wrong, he loved both of their kidos, but he also really enjoyed having Sachin all to himself with nobody else vying for Sachin’s attention.

With one finger, he was flipping through the post in his hand. His eyes landed on the address of one envelope in particular. He stopped walking. Someone made an unhappy noise behind him as they were forced to go around him. He frowned at the letter. He couldn’t say why it caught his attention, maybe it was the lettering, maybe it was the color of the ink, but he flipped it to the top of the pile with some complicated finger movements that mimicked some very impressive wand handling.
The mid-level departments were on the agenda for rounds for today and after finishing Ecological Regulation and Protection in the morning and sharing a brief rare lunch with his son, Simon had made his way to International Cooperation as the next on his mental list. He spotted a familiar form heading in the same direction not that it wasn’t odd since it was his friend’s charge as department head. It was odd the way he had paused right in the corridor, appearing to be focused on something from the pile in his grasp.

“Good afternoon, Conley,” he greeted the man he had known since school. “Is something the matter?” There was a touch of concern in his voice, but he wasn’t in full security alert mode. Perhaps it was something personal and not pertaining to either of their jobs. Or perhaps not even harmful at all…that judgement could wait for more facts.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:39 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253