sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 322 users online including...
lorenepp2 , astrocat , Drainna , elwhidbynath , Bogdanoge , pogesty , arainielatr , SarcasticStrawberry , Bogdanlmz , Bogdangeb

22 members
300 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Lower Levels > Level Seven


Level Seven Department of Magical Games and Sports

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-02-2021, 03:27 PM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default

Level Seven Work Areas


In a very large area, you will find many cubicles filled with busy workers from the Quidditch, Gobstone, and Recreational Sports Divisions. These three divisions work in the same workspace but in different sections of the room. On one side you will find everything Professional Quidditch related, from public relations to regulations and administration workers doing their jobs no matter what season it is. On the other side, you will find everything Professional Gobstones related, their administration is always hard at work. If you keep moving back in the extra long office room you will find another set of cubicles, these are filled with the recreational sports division. If you are needing anything from U-17 leagues, horse racing, youth leagues, wizard's chess, recreational leagues, or summer camps or muggle sports, this is your place.


Quidditch Division Manager is Lucas Hawthorne
Gobstones Division Manager is Cormac Ó Corra(NPC)
Recreational Sports Division Manager is Nathaniel Flannagan
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,954

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Nathaniel came back toward the work areas in a jog because he wasn't sure something bad wouldn't have happened if he didn't hurry. Moving closer to the work areas he saw the carpet coming down the corridor at him. Grabbing his wand and widening his stance, he was ready to stop the carpet from going somewhere else and causing havoc. This was starting to feel a bit too much like a very serious issue. Wasn't Anna right on his heels?
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,984

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

A breathless Anna was finally in the department, though she amost lost the man twice or more. "I... you..." She tried to get her breath, "Man you sports people are fast, is that a requirement? Be in the best shape and be able to out run all other departments if the building was on fire?" Even if exercise wasn't her best quality her sense of humor still felt pretty good.

"So what about a carpet?"

She was confused and looking around she hadn't seen a carpet just laying around. It was all very interesting and Anna enjoyed interesting.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod



DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 207,823

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryder Jude Anders
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Lucas stared up at the carpet as it zoomed around with Rosemary. In his stare, anyone could see the suspicion in his eyes. But as the seconds progressed and nothing untoward happened, the man relaxed. Maybe this really was a harmless carpet which escaped from Transportation. After the carpet disposed of Rosemary, Lucas couldn’t help but think along the same line: his coworker had jinxed herself. He laughed at her dejected tone. “Watch out should it decide to scoop you up without your knowledge.”

He considered the question. “I guess we’d better follow it, just to make sure it gets back to Transportation without any issue.'' Lucas hurried after the object in time to catch Nathaniel preparing to ambush it. There was also a Transportation employee close behind. “We believe one of the carpets from your department may have escaped,” Lucas called to Anna. He nodded toward it in Nathaniel’s general direction.
__________________
✮✮✮ You're like a siren in the dark. You're the beat playing in my heart.

You keep me alive on the edge of tonight.✮✮✮
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,954

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Making himself bigger by splaying his hands out wide he began to move toward the carpet that he saw was headed his direction. Moving a bit he leaned forward to grasp it. "Bloody thing better not scoop me up. I only like to be in the air by choice." He was proud of himself for picking up some of the terminology his co-workers used but at this rate he was going to end up with a broken ankle for sure.
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:53 PM   #30 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,984

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Anna couldn't help but laugh, "Oh they won't hurt you. Not sure how they got out or why they would be moving around the ministry, but I can't see a carpet hur.... unless." She trailed off as she thought about the box that had come, no note, not trace of where it was from.

"We should probably go looking for it before it stirs everyone into a fit." Looking to the others in the department she couldn't help but laugh again, "Oh I don't know, could be your department, maybe an inspiration for a new game. Quidditch with carpets instead of brooms. You could make galleons on inventing it."

"Lets head out to look for it." She turned to go searching, but stopped, "I've heard you have great coffee on this level is that true?" Why not get some while near the cart.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:39 AM   #31 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Clabbert
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,306

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finn Clarke #ff3800
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lisa Gerst #99E6B3
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Mid-afternoon was always a tough time for Peggy to focus on paperwork and planning, which usually meant she was on her feet at that time, either making herself a fresh cup of coffee, getting a bit of walking in, standing at her desk instead of sitting, or, on occasion, even restocking the Multi-Purpose room snacks.

Today she found herself stretching her legs as she wandered through the cubicles, poking her head into a few cubicles to say hello or make small talk. Occasionally she had a work-related question or two, mostly about the Quidditch season that was wrapping up or the upcoming U-17 sports and other summer activities the department planned.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 06:49 AM   #32 (permalink)



DMT & DoM
Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,692

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post


Today she found herself stretching her legs as she wandered through the cubicles, poking her head into a few cubicles to say hello or make small talk. Occasionally she had a work-related question or two, mostly about the Quidditch season that was wrapping up or the upcoming U-17 sports and other summer activities the department planned.
The silvery figure off a patronus sprinted into the Games and Sports work area, stopping by Ms Peggy Laplaces side. Opening it's mouth to roar the sound of Aurora Bagnold's voice was heard instead. "Peggy, we have a faulty nimbus broom situation up on level 6. Please come by the breakroom as soon as you are available, we need your expertise in the investigation. Message delievered the zouwou bowed it's head at Peggy once before it disolved and dissapeared.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 03:33 AM   #33 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Clabbert
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,306

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finn Clarke #ff3800
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lisa Gerst #99E6B3
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
The silvery figure off a patronus sprinted into the Games and Sports work area, stopping by Ms Peggy Laplaces side. Opening it's mouth to roar the sound of Aurora Bagnold's voice was heard instead. "Peggy, we have a faulty nimbus broom situation up on level 6. Please come by the breakroom as soon as you are available, we need your expertise in the investigation. Message delievered the zouwou bowed it's head at Peggy once before it disolved and dissapeared.
Peggy startled at the appearance of a patronus as she meandered. It wasn't one she recognized--but then, she didn't make a habit of learning her friends' or colleagues' patronuses. It wasn't until the silvery zouwou spoke that Peggy recognized it as Aurora's.

And what could be more worrying than a faulty broom situation? Depending on which brooms were faulty, that could pose problems to any number of broom sports and activities. Peggy quickly patted her pockets to ensure she had her wand and a pad of parchment, should it come in handy. Satisfied with the notebook and quill she found, she hastened for the stairs to see what help she or her employees could provide.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:02 PM   #34 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Boggart
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,576

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rajesh Atreyu-Rehman
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Lisa nodded, the weather had been perfectly suited for outdoor activities. Come to think of it, maybe she should suggest a departmental outing the next time the weather was pleasant like this. Other than those who oversaw Quidditch pitch maintenance or attended matches, it seemed most of her own department was stuck inside all day.

"If that's how you want to think about it, I suppose it's true," she agreed. "Walking is pleasant enough, especially when you have a destination." It was one of the more obviously productive forms of exercise, in her opinion.

"I do hope you feel welcome to stop in the multi-purpose room on your rounds, should you need some diversion," she added. She knew the law enforcement folks had their own break room and their own exercise equipment, but it was nearly as far from Level Seven as it could get. "There are snacks, sometimes." Not nearly as often as there had been under her predecessor, but Lisa tried to restock if she noticed the supplies were low.

Simon nodded in agreement as it meant he didn’t have to take time out of his way. Walking had also been good when someone was recovering from injuries and not wanting to push certain things too far. Come to think of it, yoga might be helpful to ease some aches and pains he found himself dealing with more and more. "Maybe its something to look into." He certainly understood how Dorian had felt falling through the floor of DeTalone’s shop all those years ago.

“Well thank you, I will certainly keep it in mind as a change in scenery.” Or for peace since sometimes his own department’s facilities could be occupied either singularly with various members or with YATI training taking over. One of the reasons he had enjoyed the office in the atrium to oversee his workers and that it was quieter than Level 2. Not that his newer office didn’t serve a purpose.

Speaking of the changing of scenery, the lift gates had opened, and it was Simon’s turn to motion for her to take the lead, this time out of the lift. It was her department after all. “After you.”
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 03:39 AM   #35 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Clabbert
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,306

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finn Clarke #ff3800
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lisa Gerst #99E6B3
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Simon nodded in agreement as it meant he didn’t have to take time out of his way. Walking had also been good when someone was recovering from injuries and not wanting to push certain things too far. Come to think of it, yoga might be helpful to ease some aches and pains he found himself dealing with more and more. "Maybe its something to look into." He certainly understood how Dorian had felt falling through the floor of DeTalone’s shop all those years ago.

“Well thank you, I will certainly keep it in mind as a change in scenery.” Or for peace since sometimes his own department’s facilities could be occupied either singularly with various members or with YATI training taking over. One of the reasons he had enjoyed the office in the atrium to oversee his workers and that it was quieter than Level 2. Not that his newer office didn’t serve a purpose.

Speaking of the changing of scenery, the lift gates had opened, and it was Simon’s turn to motion for her to take the lead, this time out of the lift. It was her department after all. “After you.”
Lisa felt a bit like a bobblehead, she was nodded so much. When the lift arrived on level seven, she nodded some more and led the way into the department. "I'd best put this away," she said. She gestured at the yoga mat she was still carrying. "Mats are helpful for yoga but just get in the way of Gobstones and Quidditch!" she joked. Although...maybe practicing yoga would be good mental training for some of the athletes in the youth leagues. She'd have to suggest it at the next volunteer coach meeting. A steady mind would make better strategic decisions, after all.

She took a few steps in the direction of her office before looking back to see if Simon was walking in that same direction or elsewhere. It would of course be uncomfortable for her to bid him good day, if they were going to continue in the same direction for a few more moments.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 01:13 AM   #36 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Boggart
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,576

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rajesh Atreyu-Rehman
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Lisa felt a bit like a bobblehead, she was nodded so much. When the lift arrived on level seven, she nodded some more and led the way into the department. "I'd best put this away," she said. She gestured at the yoga mat she was still carrying. "Mats are helpful for yoga but just get in the way of Gobstones and Quidditch!" she joked. Although...maybe practicing yoga would be good mental training for some of the athletes in the youth leagues. She'd have to suggest it at the next volunteer coach meeting. A steady mind would make better strategic decisions, after all.

She took a few steps in the direction of her office before looking back to see if Simon was walking in that same direction or elsewhere. It would of course be uncomfortable for her to bid him good day, if they were going to continue in the same direction for a few more moments.
A mat in quidditch and gobstones? No Simon had to agree that there wasn’t much use for such a thing in either game. Especially gobstones unless it was just to sit or kneel on. Otherwise, the stone wouldn’t roll right. “Of course,” he mused after getting off the lift which went on its merry way , quite accepting of her words as a type of dismissal. They had both reached their apparent destination and the security man didn’t feel like she had to move with him or give him a tour. He’d certainly been down to this level often enough especially when it was led by two of his closest ministry friends.

He caught sight of her glance back at him, however, as he had taken out his wand to run a few checks on wards and charms placed throughout. “Was there anything you needed of me?” he asked curious just in case there was something she felt the need to mention. And his rounds would take some time so she could always find him once she did what she had said she was doing.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 03:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Clabbert
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,306

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finn Clarke #ff3800
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lisa Gerst #99E6B3
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


A mat in quidditch and gobstones? No Simon had to agree that there wasn’t much use for such a thing in either game. Especially gobstones unless it was just to sit or kneel on. Otherwise, the stone wouldn’t roll right. “Of course,” he mused after getting off the lift which went on its merry way , quite accepting of her words as a type of dismissal. They had both reached their apparent destination and the security man didn’t feel like she had to move with him or give him a tour. He’d certainly been down to this level often enough especially when it was led by two of his closest ministry friends.

He caught sight of her glance back at him, however, as he had taken out his wand to run a few checks on wards and charms placed throughout. “Was there anything you needed of me?” he asked curious just in case there was something she felt the need to mention. And his rounds would take some time so she could always find him once she did what she had said she was doing.
Simon seemed not to waste any time before getting ready to check the security. Lisa smiled warmly, pleased the safety and security of her department and her employees were in such capable hands. "No, nothing needed!" she confirmed. "You know where to find me if anything pops up," she added. Then with one final nod, she headed off to her office.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246