sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 316 users online including...
lfrollforming , astrocat , claclay , Waddles , elaguardterr , cindajean , lorenepp2 , MadMadamMalfoy , Chelliephone

9 members
307 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Middle Levels > Level Four


Level Four Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures & Department of Environmental Regulation and Protection

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2021, 11:15 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Pets 'n' Plants Café

Pets 'n Plants Café

Tucked away in a corner behind the Shared Conference Room and right at the entrance of Level 4, you'll find a door leading you to one of the newest hang-out spots that the Ministry of Magic has to offer. If you wander inside, you'll see that what used to be a storage room has since been transformed into a hip café, complete with all the regular bells and whistles: square tables, comfortable chairs, & coffee-shop chatter. While there isn't a counter to order yourself a drink, there's an espresso machine, an assortment of teas, and a kettle filled with hot water along the back wall. You're encouraged to bring your own food and drink, but are asked to stay away from one-time use, plastic crockery (unless you want an Environment Employee hunting you down).

Did someone just touch your leg or are you imagining things?

It may be worthwhile to mention that this isn't just any café. This is a creature and plant adoption café! Small, rescued creatures (crups, kneazles, you name it!) who are in need of a loving home are walking around, curling up around your feet, and asking you for a nibble to eat! Please treat the creatures with care and be sure to give them some of your love and affection. If you find one you like, stop by one of the Level 4 Department Heads' offices to fill out the paperwork and make a furever friend. Not a pet person? Not a problem. There are plenty of plants hanging around too. Feel free to take one, or two, or however many you can hold! The procedure is the same for both creatures and plants alike!

Oh, and cheers!


C-.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Open to anyone :)

Forrest wasn’t sure whether or not he liked the idea of the entrance of the café being tucked away behind the corner of the Shared Conference Room. Shouldn’t everyone have access to the room? It almost seemed as if the room was being hidden although that could have also been to do with the fact that he remembered it when it was nothing but a storage room. It was much better now though. Not as dark and gloomy.

With a flask full of coffee sitting on a table in front of him and a small potted plant next to that, Forrest was nestled in a chair by himself contemplating the last few days at the ministry with a blank, staring gaze as one of his hands moved slowly across the small crup that was laying lazily on his lap.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,859

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Needing a break from Level 5, Conley decided to come down to level 4 for a cup of tea, and maybe to see if his kitty-cat friend was still around. He still hadn't been able to convince Sachin to let him bring the cat home, but maybe if the cat was still there, he could set a deadline convince his husband to let him bring him home. Sachin, after all, had a soft spot when it came to adopting. Besides, cats were pretty independent right? Surely it wouldn't need all that much looking after. And Duke could certainly use a respite from Radhika constantly chasing him around. It seemed their daughter had learned to walk and two days later she was running and wouldn't sit still.
And speaking of running, Sachin had also recently taken to forcing convincing Conley to join him on his daily runs. Apparently he was getting 'doughy,' despite his weekly swims and all the stairs he took around the Ministry. As a result, Conley was moving a little stiffly and slower then usual. Men in their later years should not be forced to run.

There was a 'merrrow' near his feet the moment he walked into the cafe. It seemed his furry friend was still here. He wasn't sure if he should be relieved or disappointed. "Hello Mister," he said to the cat as he gathered up a cup of tea. The cat wound around his ankles and then trotted along ahead of him as if showing him the way to a table where he fully expected access to the human's lap. Along the way he passed a fellow department head. "Afternoon Forrest," Conley greeted warmly. It was only after he greeted the man that he realized perhaps his vacant look was one of deep thought. Oh dear, had he interrupted some deep thinking?
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Needing a break from Level 5, Conley decided to come down to level 4 for a cup of tea, and maybe to see if his kitty-cat friend was still around. He still hadn't been able to convince Sachin to let him bring the cat home, but maybe if the cat was still there, he could set a deadline convince his husband to let him bring him home. Sachin, after all, had a soft spot when it came to adopting. Besides, cats were pretty independent right? Surely it wouldn't need all that much looking after. And Duke could certainly use a respite from Radhika constantly chasing him around. It seemed their daughter had learned to walk and two days later she was running and wouldn't sit still.
And speaking of running, Sachin had also recently taken to forcing convincing Conley to join him on his daily runs. Apparently he was getting 'doughy,' despite his weekly swims and all the stairs he took around the Ministry. As a result, Conley was moving a little stiffly and slower then usual. Men in their later years should not be forced to run.

There was a 'merrrow' near his feet the moment he walked into the cafe. It seemed his furry friend was still here. He wasn't sure if he should be relieved or disappointed. "Hello Mister," he said to the cat as he gathered up a cup of tea. The cat wound around his ankles and then trotted along ahead of him as if showing him the way to a table where he fully expected access to the human's lap. Along the way he passed a fellow department head. "Afternoon Forrest," Conley greeted warmly. It was only after he greeted the man that he realized perhaps his vacant look was one of deep thought. Oh dear, had he interrupted some deep thinking?
With his mind on the comings and goings of his department this week, Forrest was truly lost in thought like a child stuck in a maze at the fair. In truth, it was the little cruppy in his lap that actually noticed the other man first and with the wagging of his tail, someone not lost in thought would usually have noticed but not him it would appear.

‘Remember to water the Gravity-resistant tree and make sure it’s getting the correct amount of nutrients. Measure and note down the growth of the tree. Then go and check in with some of the employees and see how they’re doing and offer them some of Jules’ oatty cookies as a…’ “Oh. Good afternoon Mr Singh-Phora. Conley.” Jumping ever so slightly, the cruppy resting on his lap jumped off his lap and stretched, leaning forward first and then back. Leaning forward himself, Forrest stretched forward and yawned before grabbing his coffee and took a few sips as he watched the cruppy stretch with a heart-warming smile on his face.

“How’s your day been Conley?” his eyes moving from the cruppy who was amused by his own wagging tail to the little cat who seemed to be at as rubbing itself up against Conley’s legs lovingly almost like it knew him. Nodding towards the cute little thing, he smiled and asked “Does it have a name? Because it sure seems like it wants you to name it.” How he would love to take care of most of the creatures in the room and he would too if it were not for the fact that he was in fact here and not at home. And also, his wife would kill him if he brought them home for her to look after along with the grandchildren. Then again, his grandchildren would love him even more.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,859

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
With his mind on the comings and goings of his department this week, Forrest was truly lost in thought like a child stuck in a maze at the fair. In truth, it was the little cruppy in his lap that actually noticed the other man first and with the wagging of his tail, someone not lost in thought would usually have noticed but not him it would appear.

‘Remember to water the Gravity-resistant tree and make sure it’s getting the correct amount of nutrients. Measure and note down the growth of the tree. Then go and check in with some of the employees and see how they’re doing and offer them some of Jules’ oatty cookies as a…’ “Oh. Good afternoon Mr Singh-Phora. Conley.” Jumping ever so slightly, the cruppy resting on his lap jumped off his lap and stretched, leaning forward first and then back. Leaning forward himself, Forrest stretched forward and yawned before grabbing his coffee and took a few sips as he watched the cruppy stretch with a heart-warming smile on his face.

“How’s your day been Conley?” his eyes moving from the cruppy who was amused by his own wagging tail to the little cat who seemed to be at as rubbing itself up against Conley’s legs lovingly almost like it knew him. Nodding towards the cute little thing, he smiled and asked “Does it have a name? Because it sure seems like it wants you to name it.” How he would love to take care of most of the creatures in the room and he would too if it were not for the fact that he was in fact here and not at home. And also, his wife would kill him if he brought them home for her to look after along with the grandchildren. Then again, his grandchildren would love him even more.

Conley was about to tell Forrest to call him Conley when the man corrected himself and so Conley found himself standing there with his mouth half-open in a sort of 'durrr' face. To cover, he took a sip of his too hot tea and found himself hissing a little from the burn. When he could speak again, he managed a "Didn't mean to interrupt your thoughts." He raised his teacup in a salute as if he was going to walk on, but then Forrest spoke again. It was perhaps a good thing that Forrest spoke up, because Conley likely would have tripped on the cat. "It's been a non-stop morning. I needed a change of scenery. How are things going with your tree-project?"

"Name him?" Conley glanced down at the cat. The purrs had turned into needy little meows. It seemed he wasn't going to let up until he was sitting in Conley's lap, so inviting himself to sit down at Forrest's table, he pulled out a chair and sat down. The cat immediately jumped up and started rubbing his head against Conley's chin. "If he has a name, I don't know it. And if he needs one, I'm not sure I should give him one. If I do, I'm worried my husband will make me sleep on the sofa for a month." He gave the cat a scratch between the ears. Sachin wouldn't really make him sleep on the sofa...well, not for more then a day or two. But still... he did sorta maybe wish he could bring the cat home. "My daughter would probably love him though. Something new to chase around the house." He chuckled softly at the idea of the two year old toddling along after the cat.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley was about to tell Forrest to call him Conley when the man corrected himself and so Conley found himself standing there with his mouth half-open in a sort of 'durrr' face. To cover, he took a sip of his too hot tea and found himself hissing a little from the burn. When he could speak again, he managed a "Didn't mean to interrupt your thoughts." He raised his teacup in a salute as if he was going to walk on, but then Forrest spoke again. It was perhaps a good thing that Forrest spoke up, because Conley likely would have tripped on the cat. "It's been a non-stop morning. I needed a change of scenery. How are things going with your tree-project?"

"Name him?" Conley glanced down at the cat. The purrs had turned into needy little meows. It seemed he wasn't going to let up until he was sitting in Conley's lap, so inviting himself to sit down at Forrest's table, he pulled out a chair and sat down. The cat immediately jumped up and started rubbing his head against Conley's chin. "If he has a name, I don't know it. And if he needs one, I'm not sure I should give him one. If I do, I'm worried my husband will make me sleep on the sofa for a month." He gave the cat a scratch between the ears. Sachin wouldn't really make him sleep on the sofa...well, not for more then a day or two. But still... he did sorta maybe wish he could bring the cat home. "My daughter would probably love him though. Something new to chase around the house." He chuckled softly at the idea of the two year old toddling along after the cat.
When it came to referring to people by their first name, Forrest had always found it…odd in a way. It felt rude. Unjust almost to simply say their first name when the use of Sir, Madam or Mr was just as easy and for more polite and showed so much more respect. So lost in thought was he that he completely missed the ‘Durr’ face of Mr Singh-Phora. “Nonsense. Nonsense. I wasn’t deep in thought. I was just lost in thought. I would only class it as deep if it was on something of interest but it was only more work-related thoughts,” not that he was calling his work boring. He really did actually enjoy it when he was around the plants and not shut up in his office or attending meetings. “I know exactly what you mean. I’ve been stuck up in my office all morning trying to focus on work. Truth be told, I’ve spent most of it looking out my window at my garden. Having his window show his garden from home had either been a stroke of genius or an error of judgement. To look at it made him so calm but it also distracted him from his work to no end. So many of the rare and beautiful plants required so much care and attention and had taken him and his wife Jules such a long time to grow that it almost pained him to be away from them.

Blinking a few times, he refocused his attention from his garden and nodded. “Of course. Why not? It seems awfully fond of you for something doesn’t actually belong to you. I think it’s claimed you,” and judging from the meows of the thing, it seemed that it agreed with him too. Giving the man a knowing smile such as only an old and wise grandfather could, Forrest patted his lap and watched as the cruppy jumped back up. To say his heart melted when the cruppy curled into a minute ball and began to snore was an understatement. God help when he got home with the thing. “Your husband may end up making you sleep on the settee but at least you’ll have the cat for company. Or rather, you’ll be in a chair because the cat will take the settee. I don’t know if you’ve ever had a pet before but they tend to take over the whole house and command any space that you want.” That was at least his experience having owned several dogs throughout the years.

“Aha, you have children? How old? What’s her name? My wife and I, we have three but they’ve all left the nest but we seem to have somehow have come into the possession of more. So many grandchildren you wouldn’t believe,” and he wouldn’t change it for the world.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,859

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
When it came to referring to people by their first name, Forrest had always found it…odd in a way. It felt rude. Unjust almost to simply say their first name when the use of Sir, Madam or Mr was just as easy and for more polite and showed so much more respect. So lost in thought was he that he completely missed the ‘Durr’ face of Mr Singh-Phora. “Nonsense. Nonsense. I wasn’t deep in thought. I was just lost in thought. I would only class it as deep if it was on something of interest but it was only more work-related thoughts,” not that he was calling his work boring. He really did actually enjoy it when he was around the plants and not shut up in his office or attending meetings. “I know exactly what you mean. I’ve been stuck up in my office all morning trying to focus on work. Truth be told, I’ve spent most of it looking out my window at my garden. Having his window show his garden from home had either been a stroke of genius or an error of judgement. To look at it made him so calm but it also distracted him from his work to no end. So many of the rare and beautiful plants required so much care and attention and had taken him and his wife Jules such a long time to grow that it almost pained him to be away from them.

Blinking a few times, he refocused his attention from his garden and nodded. “Of course. Why not? It seems awfully fond of you for something doesn’t actually belong to you. I think it’s claimed you,” and judging from the meows of the thing, it seemed that it agreed with him too. Giving the man a knowing smile such as only an old and wise grandfather could, Forrest patted his lap and watched as the cruppy jumped back up. To say his heart melted when the cruppy curled into a minute ball and began to snore was an understatement. God help when he got home with the thing. “Your husband may end up making you sleep on the settee but at least you’ll have the cat for company. Or rather, you’ll be in a chair because the cat will take the settee. I don’t know if you’ve ever had a pet before but they tend to take over the whole house and command any space that you want.” That was at least his experience having owned several dogs throughout the years.

“Aha, you have children? How old? What’s her name? My wife and I, we have three but they’ve all left the nest but we seem to have somehow have come into the possession of more. So many grandchildren you wouldn’t believe,” and he wouldn’t change it for the world.

Looking out the window? ”I’ve had plenty of those days.” Too many, if he were honest. So Conley ust gave him a warm understanding smile. Forrest would find no judgement here. Somedays it was hard to focus on work when there was so much more in his life that was important. He’d spent so many years focused on work, back when he didn’t have a family that now, all he wanted to do some days was be home with Sachin and Radhika and Duke.

He laughed lightly as he started scratching the cat’s head in order to get it to stop head butting him. It did seem rather fond of him. Was that a selling point? ”Perhaps. But I’m not sure Sachin would see it that way though. Well, maybe eventually…” Adoption was still probably the best angle to play if he knew his husband. And he did know his husband pretty well which is why he hadn’t brought the cat home yet. ”I will say I’ve been tempted to take him up to my office.” He confessed. He wasn’t even sure if he could do that or if the cat would be happy there but thinking about it certainly wasn’t a crime. ”Oh I’d have company. We have a chocolate lab…he’s very cuddly.” Although Duke’s affections had seemed to transfer just a little more to Radhika in the past two years.

The cat started purring loudly as it finally settled down, which in turn seemed to send a soft contentment through Conley. ”Radhika is two.” Was he beaming? Probably. He was very proud to be a father and most people didn’t like to hear about other people’s kids so he usually tried not to bore people. ”She recently started talking and found her sea legs. Chases the dog all over the house. The dog pretends not to like it, but I can tell he enjoys the attention.” He took a sip of his tea. ”How many grandchildren do you have?” he asked returning the opportunity for Forrest to babble on about his family. Unlike most people, Conley enjoyed learning about other’s personal lives.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Looking out the window? ”I’ve had plenty of those days.” Too many, if he were honest. So Conley ust gave him a warm understanding smile. Forrest would find no judgement here. Somedays it was hard to focus on work when there was so much more in his life that was important. He’d spent so many years focused on work, back when he didn’t have a family that now, all he wanted to do some days was be home with Sachin and Radhika and Duke.

He laughed lightly as he started scratching the cat’s head in order to get it to stop head butting him. It did seem rather fond of him. Was that a selling point? ”Perhaps. But I’m not sure Sachin would see it that way though. Well, maybe eventually…” Adoption was still probably the best angle to play if he knew his husband. And he did know his husband pretty well which is why he hadn’t brought the cat home yet. ”I will say I’ve been tempted to take him up to my office.” He confessed. He wasn’t even sure if he could do that or if the cat would be happy there but thinking about it certainly wasn’t a crime. ”Oh I’d have company. We have a chocolate lab…he’s very cuddly.” Although Duke’s affections had seemed to transfer just a little more to Radhika in the past two years.

The cat started purring loudly as it finally settled down, which in turn seemed to send a soft contentment through Conley. ”Radhika is two.” Was he beaming? Probably. He was very proud to be a father and most people didn’t like to hear about other people’s kids so he usually tried not to bore people. ”She recently started talking and found her sea legs. Chases the dog all over the house. The dog pretends not to like it, but I can tell he enjoys the attention.” He took a sip of his tea. ”How many grandchildren do you have?” he asked returning the opportunity for Forrest to babble on about his family. Unlike most people, Conley enjoyed learning about other’s personal lives.
“I know. When I came back, I asked for the view to be enchanted so that I could see my garden from back home you see. Just so I could keep an eye on it,” a wistful smile on his face for a moment before he paused and processed what he’d said. “Not that I don’t trust my wife of course. She truly is an excellent witch and gardener.” Why he was acting like she could hear him he did not know. The idea of speaking ill of her though just didn’t sit right however. Not at all. To speak ill of people who could not defend themselves is something that he simply did not do. “It does however make it hard to focus on my work at times.”

Laughing now, he nodded because he knew full well how that argument would go, or at least, if it was between him and Jules.
SPOILER!!: Forrest and Jules argument about the cruppy coming home
Jules: ‘Forrest, why did you bring that cruppy home?’
Forrest: ‘It needed a home dear. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. You won’t have to do a thing.’
Jules: *Scoffs at him incredulously*
Forrest: *Hugs his wife*
Jules: *Gives in*


“I know what you mean but I guess, if it’s something that you want then why not? Animals truly do make the best of friends.” He’d only been on level four for a few days and here he was biggin’ up the magical creatures side. If he was being honest though, the two dogs that they had at home along with the grandchildren and the garden and now his work kept him more than busy. Taking the cruppy up to his office though…now that sounded like a splendid idea. But were they allowed? “Are we allowed? You know…would we have to smuggle them back or something?” because it seemed a little bit absurd that ministry employees would be allowed pets in their offices. The again, maybe it was a new rule for the heads of department. “We have two springer spanials. Full of energy and always excitable,” he added in response to the mans description of his chocolate lab. “Chocolate labs truly are so beautiful though.”

With the cruppy dolefully snoring on his lap without a care in the world, Forrest continued to stroke it slowly, only stopping to play with its cute, soft, little ears. “Beautiful name. Two really is when they start to get into everything. Crawling everywhere and trying to put everything into their mouth.” It was hard not to think back to when his own children were that age all those years ago. Now they had long flown the coup and had come back with their own children. Time was such a strange thing. “I know what you mean. My two absolutely adore the grandchildren when they stay over although it’s the dogs that do the chasing in our house,” but that was mainly due to the grandchildren stealing their toys and running away with them. “I have seven amazing grandchildren and three children,” sighing a little now as he melted a little more inside. Could it have been to do with the little stretch the cruppy just have or was it at the thought of his family? Who could say?
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,859

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
“I know. When I came back, I asked for the view to be enchanted so that I could see my garden from back home you see. Just so I could keep an eye on it,” a wistful smile on his face for a moment before he paused and processed what he’d said. “Not that I don’t trust my wife of course. She truly is an excellent witch and gardener.” Why he was acting like she could hear him he did not know. The idea of speaking ill of her though just didn’t sit right however. Not at all. To speak ill of people who could not defend themselves is something that he simply did not do. “It does however make it hard to focus on my work at times.”

Laughing now, he nodded because he knew full well how that argument would go, or at least, if it was between him and Jules.
SPOILER!!: Forrest and Jules argument about the cruppy coming home
Jules: ‘Forrest, why did you bring that cruppy home?’
Forrest: ‘It needed a home dear. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. You won’t have to do a thing.’
Jules: *Scoffs at him incredulously*
Forrest: *Hugs his wife*
Jules: *Gives in*


“I know what you mean but I guess, if it’s something that you want then why not? Animals truly do make the best of friends.” He’d only been on level four for a few days and here he was biggin’ up the magical creatures side. If he was being honest though, the two dogs that they had at home along with the grandchildren and the garden and now his work kept him more than busy. Taking the cruppy up to his office though…now that sounded like a splendid idea. But were they allowed? “Are we allowed? You know…would we have to smuggle them back or something?” because it seemed a little bit absurd that ministry employees would be allowed pets in their offices. The again, maybe it was a new rule for the heads of department. “We have two springer spanials. Full of energy and always excitable,” he added in response to the mans description of his chocolate lab. “Chocolate labs truly are so beautiful though.”

With the cruppy dolefully snoring on his lap without a care in the world, Forrest continued to stroke it slowly, only stopping to play with its cute, soft, little ears. “Beautiful name. Two really is when they start to get into
everything. Crawling everywhere and trying to put everything into their mouth.”
It was hard not to think back to when his own children were that age all those years ago. Now they had long flown the coup and had come back with their own children. Time was such a strange thing. “I know what you mean. My two absolutely adore the grandchildren when they stay over although it’s the dogs that do the chasing in our house,” but that was mainly due to the grandchildren stealing their toys and running away with them. “I have seven amazing grandchildren and three children,” sighing a little now as he melted a little more inside. Could it have been to do with the little stretch the cruppy just have or was it at the thought of his family? Who could say?

The man seemed to really be in love with his garden. If it wasn't so fitting, Conley might have laughed. Instead he just smiled. "You're own garden? I think that's brilliant. Mine just show me the loch near my childhood home. Relaxing, but not nearly that intimate. I'm sure your wife is a fine gardener. Unlike me. I can't keep a cactus alive let alone a tomato plant. What do you grow? Plants are not my forte." He had only passed potions and herbology thanks to his dear friend Tally. As for not wanting to talk ill of a spouse? Well, Conley understood that too. Then again, he rarely had something ill to say about either of his spouses. Sachin was, in his mind, was near perfect and the other? Well, he was a firm believer is not talking ill about the dead. Not that Elodie had ever done anything to warrant Conley to complain about either.

He and Sachin would have likely had a similar conversation to Forrest's and his wife, only Sachin would not have, for one minute, believed that Conley would have taken care of the the cat. Half the time, Conley couldn't even remember to feed himself, let alone a cat. He was, however, quite good with making sure that Radhika was well taken care of. He chalked it up to fatherly instinct. "I'm not sure if we are. Which is why I haven't scooped him up." He laughed. He apparently hadn't thought it out because bringing the cat back hadn't even occurred to him. "I was mostly worried about a littler box and cat food..." He scratched his cheek as he thought about it. It probably wasn't a good idea to take the cat up to level 5, then again, maybe having a department level pet could be interesting. Clearly, Conley was not that familiar with cat habits or else he would have immediately thought of the cat knocking things off surfaces, stealing things, and bringing dead gifts for people.

"Springer Spaniels are beautiful." Besides what they were and how the looked, Conley wasn't that familiar with the breed. Creatures - yet another subject he wasn't great at. So he grappled onto a topic he could discuss. "She really has started to get into things. The other day, she somehow got into my briefcase. I found all my papers in the dog bowl." He had only been able to salvage a few too. "Learned my lesson the hard way about leaving things on my desk." Well, at least unlocked. "How old are your grandkids?" If they were anywhere close to Radhika, perhaps a play date could be arranged.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
The man seemed to really be in love with his garden. If it wasn't so fitting, Conley might have laughed. Instead he just smiled. "You're own garden? I think that's brilliant. Mine just show me the loch near my childhood home. Relaxing, but not nearly that intimate. I'm sure your wife is a fine gardener. Unlike me. I can't keep a cactus alive let alone a tomato plant. What do you grow? Plants are not my forte." He had only passed potions and herbology thanks to his dear friend Tally. As for not wanting to talk ill of a spouse? Well, Conley understood that too. Then again, he rarely had something ill to say about either of his spouses. Sachin was, in his mind, was near perfect and the other? Well, he was a firm believer is not talking ill about the dead. Not that Elodie had ever done anything to warrant Conley to complain about either.

He and Sachin would have likely had a similar conversation to Forrest's and his wife, only Sachin would not have, for one minute, believed that Conley would have taken care of the the cat. Half the time, Conley couldn't even remember to feed himself, let alone a cat. He was, however, quite good with making sure that Radhika was well taken care of. He chalked it up to fatherly instinct. "I'm not sure if we are. Which is why I haven't scooped him up." He laughed. He apparently hadn't thought it out because bringing the cat back hadn't even occurred to him. "I was mostly worried about a littler box and cat food..." He scratched his cheek as he thought about it. It probably wasn't a good idea to take the cat up to level 5, then again, maybe having a department level pet could be interesting. Clearly, Conley was not that familiar with cat habits or else he would have immediately thought of the cat knocking things off surfaces, stealing things, and bringing dead gifts for people.

"Springer Spaniels are beautiful." Besides what they were and how the looked, Conley wasn't that familiar with the breed. Creatures - yet another subject he wasn't great at. So he grappled onto a topic he could discuss. "She really has started to get into things. The other day, she somehow got into my briefcase. I found all my papers in the dog bowl." He had only been able to salvage a few too. "Learned my lesson the hard way about leaving things on my desk." Well, at least unlocked. "How old are your grandkids?" If they were anywhere close to Radhika, perhaps a play date could be arranged.
“I just couldn’t bare to be away from it if I’m being honest. I so wanted to come back and work here again but I just needed it to remind me of what I’ve got at home waiting for me to. It makes things a little brighter that’s for sure.” Reaping the rewards of planted produce was second to almost nothing. “Now, now. Don’t say that or you’ll end up being my own personal project. I can turn anyone into a competent gardener if nothing else.” Maybe not a competent herbologist but certainly a gardener. As with anything, it came with experience and knowing what you’re growing and he had that in abundance. There were times even when he thought about writing a book and he would have too if it had not been for his lack of confidence and a busy schedule.

Forrest paused at that moment because there was part of him, a younger more brash part, that simply didn’t care about the rules. In his youth, this cruppy would have been in his shirt and back in his office with a bed under the desk and a cruppy door built into his own. Right now though, with a reputation to hold up and people looking up to him for guidance…he only cared slightly more. The cruppy was coming with him. It was just a case of when and how we have going to tell his wife. “How about we just…make the rule now. Say that we can and then wait to see if we get into trouble?” he whispered now, learning forward with a slightly mischievous smile on his bearded face. Even at his age, there was just a level of energy that he always had that simply kept him on the move, just like this cruppy who seemed to be slowly coming out of its stupor with its mouth wide, mid-yawn. “That’ll be easy. Just bring a few things into work in a box next day. Sprinkle a little cat food in there and you’re done.” He really hoped the people on his floor paid more attention to the rules than he did.

Settling back into his chair, he watched the cruppy for a while before nodding in agreement before laughing at the image Conley had painted with his words about all of his papers in the dog’s bowl. He himself had been on the receiving end with something similar only for him, it had been something a little less pleasant than the dog’s bow. “Oh wow. I love that. So full of energy and mischief. You’ve got your hands full there my friend. Anything left out is always fair game. Rule number one,” and there were many rules when it came to raising children. So many it made your head hurt and they always kept changing. Still, he wouldn’t change any of them for the world. They were as much a part of him as he was of them.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,859

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
“I just couldn’t bare to be away from it if I’m being honest. I so wanted to come back and work here again but I just needed it to remind me of what I’ve got at home waiting for me to. It makes things a little brighter that’s for sure.” Reaping the rewards of planted produce was second to almost nothing. “Now, now. Don’t say that or you’ll end up being my own personal project. I can turn anyone into a competent gardener if nothing else.” Maybe not a competent herbologist but certainly a gardener. As with anything, it came with experience and knowing what you’re growing and he had that in abundance. There were times even when he thought about writing a book and he would have too if it had not been for his lack of confidence and a busy schedule.

Forrest paused at that moment because there was part of him, a younger more brash part, that simply didn’t care about the rules. In his youth, this cruppy would have been in his shirt and back in his office with a bed under the desk and a cruppy door built into his own. Right now though, with a reputation to hold up and people looking up to him for guidance…he only cared slightly more. The cruppy was coming with him. It was just a case of when and how we have going to tell his wife. “How about we just…make the rule now. Say that we can and then wait to see if we get into trouble?” he whispered now, learning forward with a slightly mischievous smile on his bearded face. Even at his age, there was just a level of energy that he always had that simply kept him on the move, just like this cruppy who seemed to be slowly coming out of its stupor with its mouth wide, mid-yawn. “That’ll be easy. Just bring a few things into work in a box next day. Sprinkle a little cat food in there and you’re done.” He really hoped the people on his floor paid more attention to the rules than he did.

Settling back into his chair, he watched the cruppy for a while before nodding in agreement before laughing at the image Conley had painted with his words about all of his papers in the dog’s bowl. He himself had been on the receiving end with something similar only for him, it had been something a little less pleasant than the dog’s bow. “Oh wow. I love that. So full of energy and mischief. You’ve got your hands full there my friend. Anything left out is always fair game. Rule number one,” and there were many rules when it came to raising children. So many it made your head hurt and they always kept changing. Still, he wouldn’t change any of them for the world. They were as much a part of him as he was of them.

Conley did laugh this time. The man could try, but he wasn’t likely to succeed. And if they did try, it would have to be with mundane plants. Conley had a wee aversion to magical ones thanks to a chomping cabbage in his 5th year. If one looked closely, he still had bite marks on his behind… ”I wouldn’t want to subject any of your precious plants to my gardening skills. It would be akin to torture I’m sure. I’m afraid my gardening skills are as good as my pancake making.” Surely the man had seen his attempts at cooking at the recent breakfast orientation? He was still shocked that nobody had complained about food poisoning. Then again, perhaps people were just being polite in not telling him?

He took a long sip of tea as he considered Forrest’s suggestion. Maybe the conspiratorial way that Forrest was leaning in and whispering was making him think he should just take the cat up to his office. Forrest was, after all in charge of the café and certainly didn’t have a problem with Conley taking him. For a moment he was 12 again and about to give in without any thoughts….

And then adult Conley kicked back in. He’d have to give it more thought. Especially since he wasn’t always around his offices. He’d hate for the cat to be lonely. Down here at least he company in the form or other animals. Still, Forrest’s suggestion to just pick up a few supplies on his way into work was awfully tempting. He returned the man’s mischievous grin. ”Perhaps Level 5 has an infestation that I need to borrow a cat for?” He laughed. Because he couldn’t believe the Ministry would ever have an infestation that would warrant needing a cat on his level.

”Indeed. She takes after Sachin.” Not only in looks, but also in attitude. Sass and teasing seemed to come easy for both of them. Especially when directed in Conley’s direction. He wasn’t complaining. Not at all. In fact, it had been exactly what he had hoped for when the adopted her; a mini-Sachin. Not for the first time, he found himself wondering what house she would be sorted into Hogwarts. Well, IF she went to Hogwarts. They still had to wait and see about her magical abilities. ”I thought rule number one was make sure they had clothes on before they run out of the house?” Had that happened to him? Yes. Was he going to admit it? No.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley did laugh this time. The man could try, but he wasn’t likely to succeed. And if they did try, it would have to be with mundane plants. Conley had a wee aversion to magical ones thanks to a chomping cabbage in his 5th year. If one looked closely, he still had bite marks on his behind… ”I wouldn’t want to subject any of your precious plants to my gardening skills. It would be akin to torture I’m sure. I’m afraid my gardening skills are as good as my pancake making.” Surely the man had seen his attempts at cooking at the recent breakfast orientation? He was still shocked that nobody had complained about food poisoning. Then again, perhaps people were just being polite in not telling him?

He took a long sip of tea as he considered Forrest’s suggestion. Maybe the conspiratorial way that Forrest was leaning in and whispering was making him think he should just take the cat up to his office. Forrest was, after all in charge of the café and certainly didn’t have a problem with Conley taking him. For a moment he was 12 again and about to give in without any thoughts….

And then adult Conley kicked back in. He’d have to give it more thought. Especially since he wasn’t always around his offices. He’d hate for the cat to be lonely. Down here at least he company in the form or other animals. Still, Forrest’s suggestion to just pick up a few supplies on his way into work was awfully tempting. He returned the man’s mischievous grin. ”Perhaps Level 5 has an infestation that I need to borrow a cat for?” He laughed. Because he couldn’t believe the Ministry would ever have an infestation that would warrant needing a cat on his level.

”Indeed. She takes after Sachin.” Not only in looks, but also in attitude. Sass and teasing seemed to come easy for both of them. Especially when directed in Conley’s direction. He wasn’t complaining. Not at all. In fact, it had been exactly what he had hoped for when the adopted her; a mini-Sachin. Not for the first time, he found himself wondering what house she would be sorted into Hogwarts. Well, IF she went to Hogwarts. They still had to wait and see about her magical abilities. ”I thought rule number one was make sure they had clothes on before they run out of the house?” Had that happened to him? Yes. Was he going to admit it? No.
Judging from Conley’s laugh, he had a little scepticism and that was fine. Not everyone had the ability to tend to plants. Although, some simply required very little attention other than being out in the sun and a little water every so often. Was that really too much to ask? “Oh I wouldn’t give you one of my plants. You’d have to grow one from scratch. Just something basic. Nothing too time consuming or demanding. Nice and easy.” With a fatherly smile that turned into a little laugh, he simply shook his head a little and shrugged then. “Don’t worry. I won’t drop in on you and just give you one. If you want to try though, come by my office and we can sort you out with a few things.” Forrest had indeed seen his attempts at making pancakes and they were…interesting to say the least, but he had faith.

If he was being honest with himself, Forrest didn’t really have all that much faith in the other man’s ability to break the rules. Or rather, test them a little and see where the line is and possibly stick a toe over it and he couldn’t really blame him. But then came the mischievous smile and for a moment, the older gentleman was slightly shocked. “Sounds like something you’d need to borrow a cat for my friend.” That story was the perfect cover for level 5 but what about level 4? His level? That certainly wouldn’t work for him and his little cruppy friend. “I’m not sure what I’m going to do about my little friend here though,” gesturing towards the little cruppy who had just moved to a seated position in his lap.

“She sounds adorable Conley.” He could sit here all day and listen to Conley talk about his children and then throw a few things into the mix about his own too. He had so many stories about them growing up amongst the flowers and the mud that it would take years to finish and he would not put the poor man through this. “I suppose that is an important rule but not the be all and end all,” mainly because there were baby gates and doors? Did Conley not close the doors after himself? Then again, perhaps he had one of those open floor homes with lots of space and doorways. “I think the real, real number one rule is just to do your best,” that was all a parent could do really.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212