sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9820
Classes: 15
Professors: 13

13501229
742240
View Points

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Lower Levels > Level 7

Level 7 The Department of Magical Games and Sports

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2018, 07:28 PM
Bazinga Bazinga is offline
 
Default The Work Space of Victoria Culloden





When many Department Head's have their own offices, you might be confused when coming into the offices on level seven. In each division, there is a desk that is specifically for one Victoria Culloden. She feels having desks in each division makes it easy to collaborate with the employees of level seven and makes her more accessible to the team. If you are looking for her and can't find her in one area just check the other divisions and soon you will find her busy at work. If you have looked in all three areas just tap the blue dot on any of the desks and a paper bird will go to find the department head and bring her back to help you with whatever you are needing.

What happened to the office that she should be in you might ask? It's still there, but it is now a filing system for her to keep all the documents from all areas and a fireplace for the department to use if needed.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS

Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,308

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

Lucas had been meaning to have a few words with Victoria but being the new Division Manager, he hadn't really gotten much time. He had almost adjusted to the new post and was enjoying what he was doing. He just wanted to make sure Level Seven's boss had as well. He couldn't think of anyone more deserving of the position than her though he missed Mariel.

The thirty one year old caught sight of Victoria as she appeared in the division. One of the changes he liked was her not having an office. Lucas fully agreed with her mingling with the employees. That was certainly more effective. "Hi, Victoria. I won't take up much of your time if you're busy. I was only wondering if you've completely settled in.'' It had been a few months now so he expected she mostly would have if not completely.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Things were in full swing on level seven and Victoria was keeping right busy. She never was someone to just sit and let work pile up though so the fact that she had a list and a few different work areas made things a little more her style. She enjoyed being out with the rest of the team and she looked around the office for a moment before picking up her coffee to take a sip.

Just as she did a familiar voice caught her attention, "Oh Lucas don't worry, you aren't taking any of my time. I'm always available for my team. What can I do for you today?" Smiling she took the sip of her coffee and then set the mug down.

Oh, yes, how was she doing in this position, a question she had heard in different ways for a few months now. "I'm settling in nicely, thank you for asking. I miss Mariel around, but if anyone can keep this place going I think I can do it." She stepped in during Mariel's maternity leave and worked closely over the years with her best friend, so she had all the confidence in the world for it. "How are things holding up in Quidditch?" Her love for that division over the years wouldn't just slip away now that she was a department head.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS

Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,308

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Victoria! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Things were in full swing on level seven and Victoria was keeping right busy. She never was someone to just sit and let work pile up though so the fact that she had a list and a few different work areas made things a little more her style. She enjoyed being out with the rest of the team and she looked around the office for a moment before picking up her coffee to take a sip.

Just as she did a familiar voice caught her attention, "Oh Lucas don't worry, you aren't taking any of my time. I'm always available for my team. What can I do for you today?" Smiling she took the sip of her coffee and then set the mug down.

Oh, yes, how was she doing in this position, a question she had heard in different ways for a few months now. "I'm settling in nicely, thank you for asking. I miss Mariel around, but if anyone can keep this place going I think I can do it." She stepped in during Mariel's maternity leave and worked closely over the years with her best friend, so she had all the confidence in the world for it. "How are things holding up in Quidditch?" Her love for that division over the years wouldn't just slip away now that she was a department head.


Another thing he liked about Victoria was that she made time for her co-workers. This was a trait she had possessed a long time ago and it definitely worked well for her as Department Head. "Oh, nothing in particular. I've got everything under control so far.'' Lucas was not showing off or boasting. As a matter of fact, he was quite relieved that he had managed to get so far in terms of managing the Quidditch Division. It was boosting his confidence.

"I like that confidence.'' Lucas grinned, quite comfortable around Victoria. "Yes, I miss her too. Have you heard from her?'' He needed to write to her sometime and he'd been so busy settling in, that he hadn't quite gotten around to it. "Perfectly well so far. I'm having the co-operation of everyone and that's making things. I've got a great team.'' For which he was grateful. "If I run into any issues, I'll be sure to let you know.''
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:54 AM   #5 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Another thing he liked about Victoria was that she made time for her co-workers. This was a trait she had possessed a long time ago and it definitely worked well for her as Department Head. "Oh, nothing in particular. I've got everything under control so far.'' Lucas was not showing off or boasting. As a matter of fact, he was quite relieved that he had managed to get so far in terms of managing the Quidditch Division. It was boosting his confidence.

"I like that confidence.'' Lucas grinned, quite comfortable around Victoria. "Yes, I miss her too. Have you heard from her?'' He needed to write to her sometime and he'd been so busy settling in, that he hadn't quite gotten around to it. "Perfectly well so far. I'm having the co-operation of everyone and that's making things. I've got a great team.'' For which he was grateful. "If I run into any issues, I'll be sure to let you know.''

Now Victoria really did like to hear that. She was so glad that Lucas was transitioning in so well as the division manager, though she had no doubts he would. "That's good that you do, it's going to be a tough off season. I think there is going to be some major trades and with the contracts being adjusted it could get difficult for us." Revision years were always hard and she was going to do everything she could to help her team with any issues that could come up.

"It's confidence that has come throughout the years. When I first started in this department I certainly didn't have it, but the growth of being here so long helps that." She had been working here way over ten years and she didn't see herself leaving anytime soon. She loved working and had no reason to leave.

"I do talk to her once in awhile, we are good friends outside of work. We actually started here at the same time." That was a bond she was so thankful for having. Even being older than Mariel and having a child when she first started, Mariel never looked at her like she was too old or she wasn't going to work out. Her friend always had such faith in her, it was a blessing to know someone so supportive.

"Yes you do have a great team, I hope the new employees will make it even greater."
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS

Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,308

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

Lucas nodded. "Actually, I'm already braced for that. Like every adjustment we make, it's going to take a while for it all to settle in. Then again, it will not even settle down one hundred percent because there will always be some sort of protest by players, teams, managers, recruiters and fans being unhappy.'' The Department could not please anyone and any decision they made was only to protect the integrity of the Sport.

He smiled. "That's something I understand. I certainly feel a lot more confident too. Thanks... for giving me the opportunity.'' Lucas was going to do his best to never let her down and lend all the support that he possibly could. Because... why not? He was very fond of this Department and the people that worked there. "Please tell her 'hello' for me. And let her know we miss her. I'll write to her as soon as there's time.

I'll let you finish up your work now. I know you've got lots to do. See you around.''
He couldn't be occupying all her time today, you know. Besides, he had his own work to complete.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:44 AM   #7 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Lucas nodded. "Actually, I'm already braced for that. Like every adjustment we make, it's going to take a while for it all to settle in. Then again, it will not even settle down one hundred percent because there will always be some sort of protest by players, teams, managers, recruiters and fans being unhappy.'' The Department could not please anyone and any decision they made was only to protect the integrity of the Sport.

He smiled. "That's something I understand. I certainly feel a lot more confident too. Thanks... for giving me the opportunity.'' Lucas was going to do his best to never let her down and lend all the support that he possibly could. Because... why not? He was very fond of this Department and the people that worked there. "Please tell her 'hello' for me. And let her know we miss her. I'll write to her as soon as there's time.

I'll let you finish up your work now. I know you've got lots to do. See you around.''
He couldn't be occupying all her time today, you know. Besides, he had his own work to complete.
If there was anything that Victoria knew well it was that not everyone could be happy, but this time around something was eating at her. She figured it could be because she had a son on the player side, she knew any of their changes to the contract was going to possibly harm her own family, her grandson, so she had to make sure every move they made was the correct one. She wasn't allowing personal feelings get in the way, but she was hoping that some could help make them aware of the extremeness of changes.


"Well I'm glad you are aware of how things go, I know you've been in the position to see it the past few years, but I always tried to take the brunt of it being the manager. We get the owls and the most complaints being the faces and the head of it." She would still get most of it being the head now, but she knew Lucas would get plenty of owls himself. It was good to be on the same page.


She certainly liked hearing that he was feeling confident too, that was a great thing. [b] "You deserved the opportunity. You work very hard and have shown your leadership skills."[/]b That she was very proud of and was the biggest reason she gave him the position. "I think she would like that. She cares very deeply about this department and the employees." She knew that wouldn't have changed with her leaving.

Speaking of leaving it seemed Lucas was off already and Vic smiled, "Alright, don't hesitate to stop again if you need anything." Not that she really had an office door to knock at, but they were always welcome to her workspace.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora
 
Devina Wellheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adirondacks
Posts: 5,272

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reese C. Prichard
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default
1 of 4 Amigos Don't underestimate me!

Fulton went to his department head's desk within his division.. Hopefully, he could just slip the envelope containing his resignation onto her desk and be done with it.. He hoped that she wasn't at her desk.. He didn't want to have to talk things through and explain that his leaving was in direct consequence to his life unravelling..

As he rounded the corner of cubicals he saw her speaking with another employee.. CRUD!.. Oh well.. Here goes nothing.. He walked up and gave a nod as he laid the envelope in her inbox and then quietly went back to his desk.. Truth was he'd have to continue working there until the end of his notice given.
__________________
Devina Wellheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:24 AM   #9 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devina Wellheart View Post
Fulton went to his department head's desk within his division.. Hopefully, he could just slip the envelope containing his resignation onto her desk and be done with it.. He hoped that she wasn't at her desk.. He didn't want to have to talk things through and explain that his leaving was in direct consequence to his life unravelling..

As he rounded the corner of cubicals he saw her speaking with another employee.. CRUD!.. Oh well.. Here goes nothing.. He walked up and gave a nod as he laid the envelope in her inbox and then quietly went back to his desk.. Truth was he'd have to continue working there until the end of his notice given.
She had been very busy that day and meetings were being scheduled left and right. This contract debate was getting worse and worse. As she started to pull a few files out she noticed someone heading her way.

Giving a small smile and a wave to acknowledge, that yes, she did see him Vic waited for him to approach. As she did, she opened her folder and made a few notes so she could remember where she left off. She needed to get a few things to the Prophet before word of the contracts got out, the meeting with the teams wouldn't come soon enough.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora
 
Devina Wellheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adirondacks
Posts: 5,272

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reese C. Prichard
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default
1 of 4 Amigos Don't underestimate me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She had been very busy that day and meetings were being scheduled left and right. This contract debate was getting worse and worse. As she started to pull a few files out she noticed someone heading her way.

Giving a small smile and a wave to acknowledge, that yes, she did see him Vic waited for him to approach. As she did, she opened her folder and made a few notes so she could remember where she left off. She needed to get a few things to the Prophet before word of the contracts got out, the meeting with the teams wouldn't come soon enough.


Other than the usual respectful nod, Fulton, didn't say much of anything. He simply didn't know how else to do the unfortunate business of quitting his post.. He'd enjoyed his time here and those he'd worked with over the past few years. His leaving had no bearing whatsoever on any of them.. No... Fulton just needed out.. He needed to pick up his life and drop it somewhere far away from the heartache that only seemed to grow and cloud his focus..

And so... With the envelope deposited in her inbox he was back at his desk and trying his best to stay on task.. Flying horse racing regulations updating.. A project he'd been working on since being given his post. It seemed a never ending quest.. Quite the challenge indeed. BUT.. If Victoria wanted to speak with him, she certainly knew where she could find him at her leisure.
__________________
Devina Wellheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #11 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Oh he wasn't going to stop and talk or see her?

Well, that was odd behavior for anyone on level seven and she just gave a weird look before looking back down. Maybe he had just been out for a stretch or something, she wasn't sure and really he didn't have an appointment with her or anything so she wouldn't assume he was needing anything.


Though when she looked up again she noticed the letter that had been left, did he drop it on his way or was this something she needed to sign. Opening it she read it and was shocked, to be honest. She didn't realize anyone was thinking about leaving, but she signed it to make it official, she wouldn't force anyone to stay that didn't want to.

Filling out the correct paperwork she attached the letter and sent it on to the minister's office so it could be filed away as they needed.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:46 AM   #12 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,203

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default You Know Who
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

No time like the present, Simon made his way down to Level 7 to meet his friend. Unless his would-be companion was too busy and unavailable that is. The security man wouldn't bother her if that was the case. But he knew that they would need to coordinate for the summer's big event sooner or later so he might as well see when they could.

He had always found the layout of Level 7 interesting. A department head in among her workers. Though it did make it more complicated to track down the woman, looking around once he left the waiting area by the lifts in search of one Victoria Culloden. The man politely nodding greetings to the workers of Games and Sports as he passed them who took notice.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:30 AM   #13 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Sitting at her desk in the middle of the three divisions Victoria was sitting with her head down. Coffee getting cold her in mug as she kept flipping through papers. Piles were starting to collect on her desk from Gobstone approvals and quidditch fines to World Cup applications that needed to get approved or sent to other departments for what was needed. She had come in late after an appointment and already was starting to feel overwhelmed with it all. Maybe Alana would be okay if she worked a little later that evening.

Feeling as if someone might be near her she looked up to see Simon, "Why hello there. Are you looking for me by chance?" It was obvious he was and she figured it was Cup related, Simon was a little predictable and so good at his job. She knew he'd want to get working on what was needed.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:04 AM   #14 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,203

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Simon had just about noticed a potentially familiar top of head when said head looked up to meet his searching gaze and identifying itself as his target. “Hello,” he answered, closing the short distance between them. “As a matter of fact…” he added, a brief soft chuckle escaping to end the statement. Surely Victoria likely had been expecting him at some point. It wasn’t like the news of the Quidditch World Cup was a big secret.

"Do you have the time to talk?" The security man asked, absently leaning against the edge of the desk as he waited for an answer.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #15 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

A small grin crossed her lips, she had known Simon for a long time and she pretty much had a feeling she knew what he was here for. "Well I am the lucky lady today now aren't I?" She turned to sit more towards the chair that was there for anyone wishing to talk.

"So I wondered when you'd be around about the World Cup." The security part gave Victoria a little terror, but she'd never show it. If something bad happened she would be devastated. The history of things that had and then you had other parts of the Wizarding world that always seemed to attract things. As she got older she really started not liking big crowds for that fear, but she knew Simon would stay on top of it.

"So how can I help you?"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #16 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,203

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Taking the unspoken hint, Simon took the seat across from Victoria. “I suppose that depends on how welcome I am of a visitor,” he remarked back. He wasn’t going to toot his own horn because that wasn’t like him. His companion could view his visit however she chose however.

“Hmm…Seems I might be a bit predicable huh?” he asked with a chuckle. Not that he only visited when there was a security matter, he and Victoria were friends after all these years, but he was quick to handle any issues that fell under his job description. “Well I wanted to check with you if there was anything my team and I needed to be aware of. Any threats…any special requests...etc.” They would be best if they were all coordinated in their efforts.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:21 AM   #17 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Taking the unspoken hint, Simon took the seat across from Victoria. “I suppose that depends on how welcome I am of a visitor,” he remarked back. He wasn’t going to toot his own horn because that wasn’t like him. His companion could view his visit however she chose however.

“Hmm…Seems I might be a bit predicable huh?” he asked with a chuckle. Not that he only visited when there was a security matter, he and Victoria were friends after all these years, but he was quick to handle any issues that fell under his job description. “Well I wanted to check with you if there was anything my team and I needed to be aware of. Any threats…any special requests...etc.” They would be best if they were all coordinated in their efforts.
"You know I enjoy visiting with you Simon, I always have." He had become one of her better work friends over the years, so she always enjoyed a visit from him. "How are things int he MLE world? Any more security breaches since the orientation?" Not that she fully thought the fireworks were, but it was still scary to think about someone.

Laughing at his comment she pulled out a few papers from her stack, "No, just good at your job. I knew you'd be around so I had these waiting for you." She handing him the lists and the contracts of all the stadiums being used for the matches. 'The top ones are the first set of matches, then where the quarter and semifinals will be played, the last if the area of the World Cup. We are going to want extra security at all of them, especially the World Cup at the end of July." No reason to bat around the bush about it.


"It's the quidditch world, of course, there are threats. Players get crazy fan threats on a weekly basis, some more than others, but they are still there. I'd say nothing out of the ordinary, but with the world cup and all the travel London will be getting you might want to make sure your boss as extra Aurors out around London as well. You just never know." She'd like to keep on the safe side. "I was really hoping to get to see Bart play in a few matches, but it doesn't look like Australia will be making it to the final 16." Her eyes were on the next list laying on her desk.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #18 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,203

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
"You know I enjoy visiting with you Simon, I always have." He had become one of her better work friends over the years, so she always enjoyed a visit from him. "How are things int he MLE world? Any more security breaches since the orientation?" Not that she fully thought the fireworks were, but it was still scary to think about someone.

Laughing at his comment she pulled out a few papers from her stack, "No, just good at your job. I knew you'd be around so I had these waiting for you." She handing him the lists and the contracts of all the stadiums being used for the matches. 'The top ones are the first set of matches, then where the quarter and semifinals will be played, the last if the area of the World Cup. We are going to want extra security at all of them, especially the World Cup at the end of July." No reason to bat around the bush about it.


"It's the quidditch world, of course, there are threats. Players get crazy fan threats on a weekly basis, some more than others, but they are still there. I'd say nothing out of the ordinary, but with the world cup and all the travel London will be getting you might want to make sure your boss as extra Aurors out around London as well. You just never know." She'd like to keep on the safe side. "I was really hoping to get to see Bart play in a few matches, but it doesn't look like Australia will be making it to the final 16." Her eyes were on the next list laying on her desk.
“To be so loved.”

“Fairly decently,” Simon remarked positively before admitting that “Nothing of note,” was up since the fireworks. But then he wasn’t sure he was being told everything. The auror duo guarding the senior undersecretary hadn’t been revealed to him right away after all despite the fact that his department was responsible for the security of the building and its employees. And it still bugged him a little.

When paperwork was being pulled out, Victoria just proved why she was one of his favorite department heads. Willing to work with him and actually making his job easier at times. Simon accepting the lists with a nod, gazing at them as the woman explained her thoughts on the matter. “Very well,” he said with a nod at the number of stadiums and dates in the mix, mentally calculating and hoping he had enough for adequate coverage with the added manpower.

“Yes…always someone with a problem with something.” But then if there wasn’t troublemakers, he and his whole department wouldn’t really have a job. “That’s too bad,” he sympathized with the woman. That would have no doubt made it more fun for the woman to be watching and supporting her son rather than just the teams in general. And for him, he would have at least known of one of the players. It was a sign of the passing of time that the current rosters were no longer filled with players he had competed against or taught in his Hogwarts years.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
“To be so loved.”

“Fairly decently,” Simon remarked positively before admitting that “Nothing of note,” was up since the fireworks. But then he wasn’t sure he was being told everything. The auror duo guarding the senior undersecretary hadn’t been revealed to him right away after all despite the fact that his department was responsible for the security of the building and its employees. And it still bugged him a little.

When paperwork was being pulled out, Victoria just proved why she was one of his favorite department heads. Willing to work with him and actually making his job easier at times. Simon accepting the lists with a nod, gazing at them as the woman explained her thoughts on the matter. “Very well,” he said with a nod at the number of stadiums and dates in the mix, mentally calculating and hoping he had enough for adequate coverage with the added manpower.

“Yes…always someone with a problem with something.” But then if there wasn’t troublemakers, he and his whole department wouldn’t really have a job. “That’s too bad,” he sympathized with the woman. That would have no doubt made it more fun for the woman to be watching and supporting her son rather than just the teams in general. And for him, he would have at least known of one of the players. It was a sign of the passing of time that the current rosters were no longer filled with players he had competed against or taught in his Hogwarts years.
She just chuckled at his to be so loved comment, Simon was such a funny guy. Glad to hear that nothing at least seemed too urgent or dangerous going on at the moment. "Quiet is good though, at least I hope it is." No news is good news type of thing, but maybe that didn't work that way in MLE, maybe no news was suspicious or something. She wasn't sure exactly, but she smiled and nodded none the less.

Handing over the papers and watching Simon do his job made Victoria feel a little more comfortable, she trusted him and the entire team to keep everyone safe and the fact that he was in agreement with everything was a great thing too, no need to have to show her points or feel like she didn't know what she was talking about.

"Ah, well it is what it is, not every team can win and many will lose. It's a good experience either way and I think he was happy to be back in Australia, even for a little bit. He never was all that accepting when we first moved here, I was happy, but surprised when he and his wife had moved back here to be closer to family. Once he moved back there I didn't ever see him coming to England again." She was so glad to have him close though, but she'd never fully say that because she wanted all her children to make their own choices without worrying about their mother.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #20 (permalink)




DERP & DMLE

Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,479

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default hi, hello! <3
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Selling the importance of plants was something Mariana could do in her sleep and having the chance to promote a new plant, one that could better the lives of people here at the ministry, was an assignment she was happy to carry out. Plus it meant checking out a division of the ministry she didn't usually set foot in, which was cool. Merlin knew the brunette liked to explore.

Tapping the blue dot on the empty desk she was currently standing in front of, the botanist looked around while she waited for the department head to make her entrance.
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #21 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Selling the importance of plants was something Mariana could do in her sleep and having the chance to promote a new plant, one that could better the lives of people here at the ministry, was an assignment she was happy to carry out. Plus it meant checking out a division of the ministry she didn't usually set foot in, which was cool. Merlin knew the brunette liked to explore.

Tapping the blue dot on the empty desk she was currently standing in front of, the botanist looked around while she waited for the department head to make her entrance.
Days were moving too quickly now and Victoria felt like she was all over the place. She trusted her staff and knew they were doing a brilliant job, plus everything with the cup was coming together nicely, but that didn't stop her from doing what she did best, stressing. She would stress until it was all over and then she was headed on Vacation. She had something planned that would be tropical if the girls wanted to go before school started up again.

With a stack of papers in her hands, she headed back to her desk but soon realized her desk wasn't sitting here alone as she had left it. "Hello, hope I didn't keep you waiting." She hated to make people wait, but she didn't remember any sort of meeting she had, so maybe it was just a spontaneous meeting or something was wrong somewhere else in the ministry.

"Can I help you?"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:31 AM   #22 (permalink)




DERP & DMLE

Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,479

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Days were moving too quickly now and Victoria felt like she was all over the place. She trusted her staff and knew they were doing a brilliant job, plus everything with the cup was coming together nicely, but that didn't stop her from doing what she did best, stressing. She would stress until it was all over and then she was headed on Vacation. She had something planned that would be tropical if the girls wanted to go before school started up again.

With a stack of papers in her hands, she headed back to her desk but soon realized her desk wasn't sitting here alone as she had left it. "Hello, hope I didn't keep you waiting." She hated to make people wait, but she didn't remember any sort of meeting she had, so maybe it was just a spontaneous meeting or something was wrong somewhere else in the ministry.

"Can I help you?"
Oh, there she was. Mariana perked up and offered the older woman a smile, extending her hand. "You can, yes. I'm Mariana Medina, a botanist here at the ministry. I'm sorry to just turn up like this, but I was just hoping you had a few minutes to chat." She knew what she wanted to say already, so it wouldn't take long at all, really. "It's about an opportunity to have some plants put around level seven. There's one in particular I think you might be really interested in."
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:30 PM   #23 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default Sorry the World Cup too my attention
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Oh, there she was. Mariana perked up and offered the older woman a smile, extending her hand. "You can, yes. I'm Mariana Medina, a botanist here at the ministry. I'm sorry to just turn up like this, but I was just hoping you had a few minutes to chat." She knew what she wanted to say already, so it wouldn't take long at all, really. "It's about an opportunity to have some plants put around level seven. There's one in particular I think you might be really interested in."
Victoria was never someone that would jump to any conclusions or even push someone away, but when the woman said about a plant in her area she looked more concerned than interested. 'Oh, sure, I have some time. Why don't you take a seat." The chairs were always comfy and Victoria always welcoming.

"Plants? Well, we had a plant here once and it attacked my employees. I mean I understand what all happened, but some of them haven't fully gotten over it." She even had an employee quit the ministry because she couldn't handle the plants around the building. The poor woman was going to have a rough life if she didn't get over it, plants were everywhere.

"I could probably speak to my team about it. "
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #24 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Looking up 2 the sky
Posts: 11,913

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona "FP" Jenovick
Second Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Swann
Games & Sports
Default New TL: Day with Lucy
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Lucille had finally managed to get her affairs in order so she decided to "collect" her prize that she had won in the silent auction. Her long red hair was done up in a bun as she made her way to Victoria Culloden's workspace. Noticing that the desk was vacant, she gently tapped the blue dot and waited for the presence of the head of DMGS.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:03 AM   #25 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,179

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Lucille had finally managed to get her affairs in order so she decided to "collect" her prize that she had won in the silent auction. Her long red hair was done up in a bun as she made her way to Victoria Culloden's workspace. Noticing that the desk was vacant, she gently tapped the blue dot and waited for the presence of the head of DMGS.
Feeling more and more uneasy about... well she wasn't even sure why she was feeling that way, but Victoria had just left her desk to find get some coffee. She was hoping that would shake the feeling someone was watching her, but before she got to order a little paper bird had found her.

hmm..

Maybe her instincts were right and whomever she felt was watching her was now wanting to speak with her or just someone had come looking, either way she was soon back in the office and headed for her desk.

"Can I help you?"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176