sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 410 users online including...
littledhampir , hermionesclone , sweetpinkpixie , Zoe , lorenepp2 , DuckyLinJi , natekka , Davinwals , KevenEl , Uncle Moose

21 members
389 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Middle Levels > Level 4


Level 4 Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures & Department of Environmental Regulation and Protection

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2021, 11:38 AM
Nordic Witch Nordic Witch is offline
 
Default Office of the Department Head, Aurora Bagnold


As you enter the office, your met with sight of a wondrous eye-catching adult pink female fwooper sitting flown up on a bird stick by one of the bookshelves, watching you with its golden eyes, as well as the smell of this month's flowers washing over you. The decor of the room has a particular creature and pink theme from the paintings, to the furniture which makes you wonder if the Department Head just loves creatures and all things pink.

Once you've gotten over being stared at by the silent fwooper and the smell of pink roses you see a sleek and clean dark brown organised mahogany desk and behind it a comfy pink desk chair usually seating the Department Head herself. Directly behind the desk sits warm dark golden oak shelves filled to the brim with creature themed books. The books are the property of the Ministry and the Creatures Department Head so don't remove any books from the shelves, without first asking Ms Bagnold for permission.

On the right side of the room, large magical windows can be found that change scenery as often as a person normally blinks. Sometimes the sight that meet you can be that of the London cityscape, the current climate or showing some magical creatures in their natural habitats be it very far away or just in the local park. You never know what you'll get to see, so it's always a surprise.

Once you've been invited in, come and make yourself comfortable in one of the comfy pink plush armchairs sitting in front of the desk.


OOC: Whether it's a scheduled meeting or your character just wants to drop in and say hi, feel free to come and play with me! I'm always open for RPs. Just make sure to have your charrie knocking first, it's only nice.

Please note that this thread is for IC meetings. If you want to discuss something OOC, please feel free to send me a PM or VM and I'll get back to you soon.

Credit for graphic goes to BanaBatGirl
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)



DMC
Jarvey
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Neverland
Posts: 669

Student Character:
Irithel Rutherford
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Magical Creatures
Default
books and cleverness | friendship and bravery

In her letter offering him the position of Personal Assistant, Ms Aurora Bagnold had requested that he report to her office on the first day. Well ... here he was. One could argue that his first day already took place, when he was called for the emergency assignment at the Welsh Dragon Reserve. That was unexpected. It also brought up something that he wished to discuss with the new boss. Holding an envelope in one hand, Carson smoothed the front of his robes nervously and knocked on the door.
__________________

I will show the world what's inside my heart
And be loved for who I am
Sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,208

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
First Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
In her letter offering him the position of Personal Assistant, Ms Aurora Bagnold had requested that he report to her office on the first day. Well ... here he was. One could argue that his first day already took place, when he was called for the emergency assignment at the Welsh Dragon Reserve. That was unexpected. It also brought up something that he wished to discuss with the new boss. Holding an envelope in one hand, Carson smoothed the front of his robes nervously and knocked on the door.
Aurora sat behind her desk, going through the departments employee files. As the new head of the department, she felt it was her job to get to know her employees and their indiviual strengths and weaknesses. By her side her fwooper; Polly and companion for quite a few years now sat on it's pin silently watching, but occassionally giving off a small sing song chirp. Her silencing charm soon need to be reinforced.

Hearing the knock on the door Aurora looked up from her papers and called out "Come in!" Putting the files away, she waited to see who her first visitor of the day was going to be.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)



DMC
Jarvey
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Neverland
Posts: 669

Student Character:
Irithel Rutherford
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Magical Creatures
Default
books and cleverness | friendship and bravery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Aurora sat behind her desk, going through the departments employee files. As the new head of the department, she felt it was her job to get to know her employees and their indiviual strengths and weaknesses. By her side her fwooper; Polly and companion for quite a few years now sat on it's pin silently watching, but occassionally giving off a small sing song chirp. Her silencing charm soon need to be reinforced.

Hearing the knock on the door Aurora looked up from her papers and called out "Come in!" Putting the files away, she waited to see who her first visitor of the day was going to be.
After clearing his throat once again, Carson opened the door to Aurora's office and stepped inside. His eyes first landed on the pink fwooper by the desk. His first thought was that it looked beautiful, his second thought was that he hoped it had a good silencing charm placed on it, because he could hear it sing occasionally. Once his eyes adjusted to all the pink decor, he looked at the head of department and gave a small smile.

"Good morning, Ms Bagnold. I'm Carson Coleman." Her new Personal Assistant, but he did not feel the need to add that.

Oh and a third thought about the fwooper: was he responsible for taking care of it now?
__________________

I will show the world what's inside my heart
And be loved for who I am
Sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,208

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
First Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
After clearing his throat once again, Carson opened the door to Aurora's office and stepped inside. His eyes first landed on the pink fwooper by the desk. His first thought was that it looked beautiful, his second thought was that he hoped it had a good silencing charm placed on it, because he could hear it sing occasionally. Once his eyes adjusted to all the pink decor, he looked at the head of department and gave a small smile.

"Good morning, Ms Bagnold. I'm Carson Coleman." Her new Personal Assistant, but he did not feel the need to add that.

Oh and a third thought about the fwooper: was he responsible for taking care of it now?
As expected Aurora noted silently that the young man's eyes immediatley were drawn to her very eye-catching pink fwooper and not her. She gave Polly a warm affectionate glance before she turned her full attention on the man now standing in front of her desk.

Returning the smile with a kind one of her own Aurora greeted. "Good morning Mr Coleman, you're just the man I wanted to see, and bright and early too always a plus." After a small pause she asked "Do you understand what your job as my personal assistant entails Carson?" It was best to get the formal things done first, so they could get started with more pressing matters.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)



DMC
Jarvey
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Neverland
Posts: 669

Student Character:
Irithel Rutherford
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Magical Creatures
Default
books and cleverness | friendship and bravery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
As expected Aurora noted silently that the young man's eyes immediatley were drawn to her very eye-catching pink fwooper and not her. She gave Polly a warm affectionate glance before she turned her full attention on the man now standing in front of her desk.

Returning the smile with a kind one of her own Aurora greeted. "Good morning Mr Coleman, you're just the man I wanted to see, and bright and early too always a plus." After a small pause she asked "Do you understand what your job as my personal assistant entails Carson?" It was best to get the formal things done first, so they could get started with more pressing matters.
Her kind smile and compliment made it difficult for him to say what he planned in advance. Carson shifted his eyes from Aurora to the pink painting on the wall behind her, then back to her determinedly. "Well, it entails offering various support to you to help you become the best Department Head you can be," he thought this basically meant running errands, organising events, making travel arrangements and so on - things he could do well. But what happened in the previous week showed that more was expected of him as a member of this department. He took a deep breath and blinked down at his feet before raising his head and giving her the envelope in his hand.

"... which is why I believe I am not the right person to be your Personal Assistant. I failed you at the dragon reserve, Ms Bagnold. You told me to protect the children from the Vipertooths, but I just froze. I could have gotten them killed. I'm sorry, I don't think I belong here in the Ministry of Magic. Please accept my resignation letter."

To answer his own question: no, he would not be responsible for taking care of the fwooper, because he was no longer her Personal Assistant.
__________________

I will show the world what's inside my heart
And be loved for who I am
Sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,208

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
First Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
Her kind smile and compliment made it difficult for him to say what he planned in advance. Carson shifted his eyes from Aurora to the pink painting on the wall behind her, then back to her determinedly. "Well, it entails offering various support to you to help you become the best Department Head you can be," he thought this basically meant running errands, organising events, making travel arrangements and so on - things he could do well. But what happened in the previous week showed that more was expected of him as a member of this department. He took a deep breath and blinked down at his feet before raising his head and giving her the envelope in his hand.

"... which is why I believe I am not the right person to be your Personal Assistant. I failed you at the dragon reserve, Ms Bagnold. You told me to protect the children from the Vipertooths, but I just froze. I could have gotten them killed. I'm sorry, I don't think I belong here in the Ministry of Magic. Please accept my resignation letter."

To answer his own question: no, he would not be responsible for taking care of the fwooper, because he was no longer her Personal Assistant.
Aurora had to hand it to Carson, even though he was young, he could still look determined. Nodding she replied quietly. "You've understood correctly Carson. Your job is to support me in running this creatures department smoothly and efficiently, and to become the best head that I can be." Her first weeks as leader had been eventful to say the least with the Dragon reserve incident, and then the gala after that.

She was about to say more and assign him his first few tasks when Carson surprised her by giving her his letter of resignation after the dragon reserve fiasco, where a few students had been injured and some dragons had escaped.

Aurora sat silent for a moment, eyeing the outstretched letter for several seconds or was it minutes even before she raised her blue eyes to his face as she placed her hands in her lap, as she spoke calmly, doing her best to keep her cool. "No! No, I don't accept your letter of resignation Mr Coleman. I've just hired you to be my personal assistant, and I'm not interested in looking for a new one, when I have the distinct feeling that you're the right person for the job."

"The events at the Dragon Reserve threw you right into the line of fire which you weren't I realize now, ready to handle. I take that on me as your head and I apologize if you felt like you've failed me. You didn't fail me at all. You did the best you could with the experience and skills you have. Don't beat yourself up Carson, even the most experienced wizard can freeze when faced with the unexpected." Aurora finished off. Sheesh this came out of nowhere. They were supposed talk about picking up a baby boa at the menagerie and arranging translations with the Indian ambassador not this....
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)



DMC
Jarvey
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Neverland
Posts: 669

Student Character:
Irithel Rutherford
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Magical Creatures
Default a million years and a war later ...
books and cleverness | friendship and bravery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Aurora had to hand it to Carson, even though he was young, he could still look determined. Nodding she replied quietly. "You've understood correctly Carson. Your job is to support me in running this creatures department smoothly and efficiently, and to become the best head that I can be." Her first weeks as leader had been eventful to say the least with the Dragon reserve incident, and then the gala after that.

She was about to say more and assign him his first few tasks when Carson surprised her by giving her his letter of resignation after the dragon reserve fiasco, where a few students had been injured and some dragons had escaped.

Aurora sat silent for a moment, eyeing the outstretched letter for several seconds or was it minutes even before she raised her blue eyes to his face as she placed her hands in her lap, as she spoke calmly, doing her best to keep her cool. "No! No, I don't accept your letter of resignation Mr Coleman. I've just hired you to be my personal assistant, and I'm not interested in looking for a new one, when I have the distinct feeling that you're the right person for the job."

"The events at the Dragon Reserve threw you right into the line of fire which you weren't I realize now, ready to handle. I take that on me as your head and I apologize if you felt like you've failed me. You didn't fail me at all. You did the best you could with the experience and skills you have. Don't beat yourself up Carson, even the most experienced wizard can freeze when faced with the unexpected." Aurora finished off. Sheesh this came out of nowhere. They were supposed talk about picking up a baby boa at the menagerie and arranging translations with the Indian ambassador not this....
And he was back to looking down at his feet while silence stretched between them. Carson assumed that Aurora was surprised because she herself was looking for the right moment to fire him. Well, this way would be less awkward for both of them. Perhaps she was already considering which one of her other truly competent applicants she would hire as her new assistant. Or perhaps she was thinking -

- No? No??? He raised his head and stared at his boss, who ... wanted him to stay. She believed in him! The nice things she said about him were so unexpected that he had to ask himself if she really meant them. But he knew that she would never lie about something so important. She was giving him another chance, and it was his turn to speak. To make a decision. Should he persuade her that he was no good and had to resign, or should he continue working for her and try to improve? Obviously, he also had to consider his family's economic status. They needed him to earn an income and he would struggle to find a new job again quickly. Most importantly, he liked it here. Being a Ministry employee made him feel ... meaningful somehow.

"Yeah - yeah, alright." Carson shoved the letter into his pocket and tried to slow his racing heart. It was suddenly very clear that he almost lost his job and got it back in the past few minutes. What he thought was a rational decision seemed incredibly stupid in retrospect. "Thank you, Ms Bagnold. For not firing me and for everything you said. I'll continue working as your Personal Assistant and I promise to do my best. So um, what do you need me to do today? Would you like something to drink?" he asked with a smile, a notepad and self-inking quill already in hand.
__________________

I will show the world what's inside my heart
And be loved for who I am
Sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,208

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
First Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
Default wrapped it up....
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post

- No? No??? He raised his head and stared at his boss, who ... wanted him to stay. She believed in him! The nice things she said about him were so unexpected that he had to ask himself if she really meant them. But he knew that she would never lie about something so important. She was giving him another chance, and it was his turn to speak. To make a decision. Should he persuade her that he was no good and had to resign, or should he continue working for her and try to improve? Obviously, he also had to consider his family's economic status. They needed him to earn an income and he would struggle to find a new job again quickly. Most importantly, he liked it here. Being a Ministry employee made him feel ... meaningful somehow.
"Yeah - yeah, alright." Carson shoved the letter into his pocket and tried to slow his racing heart. It was suddenly very clear that he almost lost his job and got it back in the past few minutes. What he thought was a rational decision seemed incredibly stupid in retrospect. "Thank you, Ms Bagnold. For not firing me and for everything you said. I'll continue working as your Personal Assistant and I promise to do my best. So um, what do you need me to do today? Would you like something to drink?" he asked with a smile, a notepad and self-inking quill already in hand.
Yes Carson, you understood right. She needed him, and wanted him to stay. It was as easy as that. Aurora meant all the nice things she had said to him. She wasn't prone to lying and especially not about important things like this. She know Carson needed a job and being her personal assistant paid okay but no gigantic sums. Maybe she could do something about that? Considering silently she waited for Carson to respond eyeing him from behind blue eyes as she did so. The ball was in his court. Was he going to accept staying on as her assistant or try to resign again?

A small sigh of relief escaped over Aurora's lips at Carson's answer and gesture when he shoved the letter back down into his pocket. Finally they could get back on track to more pressing matters. Nodding Aurora replied "I meant every word I said Carson and I'm glad you came to your senses and decided to stay on as my assistant. I only ask that you like all my other employees do your best and we'll have no problems."

Aurora paused briefly to look down at her agenda for the day before looking up with a small smile at Carson. "A cup of fruity tea sounds lovely. Then I need you to pick up a baby boa at the magical menagerie that is a present for Ms Laplace, and when you've done that I need you to get a stack of documents interpreted by the IMC department. I can't for the life of me understand the cryptic russian words. That's all for now, you are dismissed!" And with that Aurora turned her attention to the letter she had got earlier that day from a friend in the French Ministry.

__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181