sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 225 users online including...
MadMadamMalfoy , keyokerome , utzzutinola

4 members
221 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side > Leaky Cauldron


Leaky Cauldron Stop by for a quick drink or a place to stay the night. This famous pub and inn would be more than happy to serve you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-08-2021, 02:31 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Pub Seating


Here at the Leaky Cauldron things can get pretty busy, and, for Phro, this is exactly the case. For this purpose, she kept he changes made by Louisa so that customers may come to the counter to place their orders, which keeps the chaos down and keeps things less hectic for the busy workers and their customers.

In the center of the room sits the baby of the Leaky Cauldron - baby grand piano that is. It is not unusual to enter the Leaky Cauldron and see costumers playing away at the piano. However, this piano is widely special, even for the Wizarding World. Years ago, Ryoma Shiradou, the former owner, built it by hand and therefore as one plays each key the ivory gives off a little puff of colored smoke that rises up into the air and form shapes that begin to tell a story to the music.

Off to the side of the room, a cozy fireplace and seating area can be found for those looking to relax a bit before heading off to the busy shops of Diagon Alley. At various times throughout the day, Phro will come by and give Tarot card readings.

OOC: The piano is free for all to use so have fun with that and enjoy yourself. Also, please remember that the shopkeeper does NOT take orders at the tables. Due to the Leaky Cauldron being unmanned at the moment, simply assume that your character placed their order at the Bar and Service Counter.

And a very IMPORTANT warning. Please please PLEASE make sure you have read all SS rules - especially those involving drinking. There will be a zero tolerance policy in regards to this rule.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,365

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

x8 x8
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley laughed. ”I just figured it was her way of saying ‘Papa no! No work!’” He hadn’t really been that mad, and in hindsight, it was an amusing story. And since it wasn’t just him and Sachin anymore, he had really needed to remember to take time away from work.

”Help with – oh no. No, they’re healing.” He said tugging his sleeve down over the bandages. While Tallulah wasn’t a healer anymore, the woman knew how he felt about them. AKA he avoided them at most costs and had since Elodie died. ”The Firestorm spell can do some damage,” he said trying to sound upbeat. Because the mere memory of fighting that fire still caused him nightmares. So he was grateful when she moved the conversation topics on, even if the topic itself wasn’t an easy one. It seemed that too many people weren’t talking about it and Conley couldn’t help but worry about affects of that. ”So you were at Hogwarts then?” Most of the action had been there, he knew. ”Or at the hospital? I’m sure it was an all -hands on deck sort of thing.” Merlin knew he had wished they’d had a few more hands to help with the fires in the Ministry. If they had, perhaps the Technology Center wouldn’t have been demolished.

”Oh good. What are you having? I’ll go place an order…” They could talk about her new job when he came back with food.
Tally couldn't help but let out a loud chuckle when her friend explained his daughter's actions. She knew that children at that age couldn't help but grab whatever they could get their precious hands on, though the idea of it being Radhika's way of telling the man to not work was amusing. "What a precious little bean," she responded fondly. "She clearly just wanted quality time with her daddy."

Her brown eyes did not waver from Conley's sleeve as the man tugged it down. She of course knew how he felt about them, but the momma bear healer in her did wish he would have at least let her look at his arm more closely. There were no doubts that the wounds were healing, but another pair of eyes on it never hurt. For the moment she quietly nodded and was willing to let the urge to examine the damage go for now. If he scratched at the bandages again though, she was going to take a look whether he wanted her to or not.

"Yes, I was at Hogwarts. It was, at the time, where the most help was needed with people being injured left and right. Then they needed help transporting everyone to St. Mungo's too. Needless to say, it had been a long night." Just thinking about it all was tiring (or maybe everything that had happened today was finally catching up to her), but it was something that needed to be discussed for a variety of reasons no matter how difficult it was. "You were at the Ministry, yes? I heard through the grapevine what happened --" she was about to mention his injury, but quickly decided against it "-- whilst everything else was going on."

The mention of ordering was welcomed. "I'll have some fish and chips. And maybe come back with something stronger than tea as well?" After all, the work day was over and she did have something to celebrate.
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:06 AM   #52 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 204,429

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Future Auror <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
SPOILER!!: Brody buddy


If he had said something odd, Gabriel thought nothing of it. He was just relieved that Brody still wanted to spend time with him, after...months of silence. Didn't they get along great? Why hadn't Brody wanted to get together sooner? Friendship was difficult, he supposed...and, he had to remind himself, Brody was busy with his degree and his work. And other friends, probably. Maybe Gabriel could get himself introduced to Brody's other friends. Then...he could have more friends, too.

"Scary?" he repeated, having zoned out a bit from the dragon conversation. "Yes, I suppose they are scary." If dangerous meant scary. It didn't mean that to Gabriel.

"My colleague...friend? Missa," he replied. "She wanted a roommate, and I'm not particularly attached to my flat, so..." He shrugged. It was really not a big deal. At most, having a roommate would prevent (or at least discourage) random drop-ins from his mother or sister. "My ma is a bit overbearing," he said. "Isabella is great, though. She got a job at WU Edinburgh, fancy professor office and everything." Between Isabella and Rafael, his own dropping out of university made him look like a slacker. But who'd gotten a job first, eh? He had. "Are you close with your family?"


Of course Brody still wanted to spend time with Gabriel. He just couldn’t shake this altogether new and strong feeling of being attracted to him. Brody was used to flings and flirting so excuse him if this attraction was messing with his brain cells. Despite juggling a limited social life, work and studies, he’d have easily made time to hang out with Gabriel but he’d purposely chosen not to chase the Auror-in-training. True, Brody had even seen Gabriel around the Ministry at times but always headed in the opposite direction. His reasons being he didn’t want to seem overeager about wanting them to hang out and he needed to process this strange feeling.

Yes, by scary Brody meant dangerous. Truthfully, he wasn’t very fond of dragons. An eyebrow arched questioningly at the same time he felt a sinking feeling taking over him. Had he been too hopeful for something more than friendship between them? Yes. But maybe Gabriel wasn’t into guys after all. “I hope you two manage to find something you both like,’’ he replied, forcing a smile. As for family? Brody wouldn’t know if all mothers were overbearing having never grown up with one. Aunt Tallie was as close as a mother he had. Isabella though… Brody liked the sound of her. “Isabella sounds like the ambitious sort.” Exactly like he was.

“I am. My uncle spent the most part of his life raising me. He met Aunt Tallie at the Ministry when she joined the Sports Department. They married sometime after.” Brody shrugged. “They’re all I have.” Just to put this out there: the Coordinator rarely spoke about his family, the exception being Annabeth because she was the closest friend he’d ever had. “Have you ever ran into uncle Lucas at the Ministry?” he asked curiously.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:37 AM   #53 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,713

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: Brody buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Of course Brody still wanted to spend time with Gabriel. He just couldn’t shake this altogether new and strong feeling of being attracted to him. Brody was used to flings and flirting so excuse him if this attraction was messing with his brain cells. Despite juggling a limited social life, work and studies, he’d have easily made time to hang out with Gabriel but he’d purposely chosen not to chase the Auror-in-training. True, Brody had even seen Gabriel around the Ministry at times but always headed in the opposite direction. His reasons being he didn’t want to seem overeager about wanting them to hang out and he needed to process this strange feeling.

Yes, by scary Brody meant dangerous. Truthfully, he wasn’t very fond of dragons. An eyebrow arched questioningly at the same time he felt a sinking feeling taking over him. Had he been too hopeful for something more than friendship between them? Yes. But maybe Gabriel wasn’t into guys after all. “I hope you two manage to find something you both like,’’ he replied, forcing a smile. As for family? Brody wouldn’t know if all mothers were overbearing having never grown up with one. Aunt Tallie was as close as a mother he had. Isabella though… Brody liked the sound of her. “Isabella sounds like the ambitious sort.” Exactly like he was.

“I am. My uncle spent the most part of his life raising me. He met Aunt Tallie at the Ministry when she joined the Sports Department. They married sometime after.” Brody shrugged. “They’re all I have.” Just to put this out there: the Coordinator rarely spoke about his family, the exception being Annabeth because she was the closest friend he’d ever had. “Have you ever ran into uncle Lucas at the Ministry?” he asked curiously.


Gabriel shrugged. "Thanks," he said. "We've been looking for awhile now...can't seem to agree on anything, so who knows what we'll find?" Truthfully, Missa seemed to be dragging her feet, and Gabriel could not fathom why. It had, after all, been her idea. Maybe she was tired of him? YATI training all day, and she realized if they were flatmates that she'd have to see him even on weekends? Whatever. Moving, not moving, whatever. "Isabella's incredible," he agreed with a proud smile. "Easily my second favorite sibling." He knew he wasn't supposed to have favorites but...his twin had to be his favorite. Obviously. He wasn't crazy.

He listened quietly as Brody chimed in about his own family, his eyebrows raising the tiniest amount. No siblings? That sounded lonely. He frowned at his friend's question, trying to remember if he knew any Lucas. Or, honestly, anyone in the Sports Department.

"I don't think so," he mused. "I don't think I've even been to level...what level is that, again?" Six? Or seven? There weren't many reasons for him to venture to other levels, except in emergencies, or visiting friends. And if he didn't have any friends in the sports department, obviously he couldn't visit them! Hah! "Do you think it's...easier, to be closer to your family, since it's small?" he asked. His own family was enormous, if one counted extended family, so having only a few family members to keep track of...that seemed more foreign to him than when he'd moved here and it snowed the first time.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:58 AM   #54 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,819

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Tally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Tally couldn't help but let out a loud chuckle when her friend explained his daughter's actions. She knew that children at that age couldn't help but grab whatever they could get their precious hands on, though the idea of it being Radhika's way of telling the man to not work was amusing. "What a precious little bean," she responded fondly. "She clearly just wanted quality time with her daddy."

Her brown eyes did not waver from Conley's sleeve as the man tugged it down. She of course knew how he felt about them, but the momma bear healer in her did wish he would have at least let her look at his arm more closely. There were no doubts that the wounds were healing, but another pair of eyes on it never hurt. For the moment she quietly nodded and was willing to let the urge to examine the damage go for now. If he scratched at the bandages again though, she was going to take a look whether he wanted her to or not.

"Yes, I was at Hogwarts. It was, at the time, where the most help was needed with people being injured left and right. Then they needed help transporting everyone to St. Mungo's too. Needless to say, it had been a long night." Just thinking about it all was tiring (or maybe everything that had happened today was finally catching up to her), but it was something that needed to be discussed for a variety of reasons no matter how difficult it was. "You were at the Ministry, yes? I heard through the grapevine what happened --" she was about to mention his injury, but quickly decided against it "-- whilst everything else was going on."

The mention of ordering was welcomed. "I'll have some fish and chips. And maybe come back with something stronger than tea as well?" After all, the work day was over and she did have something to celebrate.

”Yes, I stayed behind.” He wasn’t a fighter and someone had needed to hold down the fort. ”Frankly, I’m afraid what might have happened if I hadn’t been there. Goldwasser…” His mind traveled back to how he had found Sachin in the Ministry that day when he wasn’t supposed to be there. ”He’s very powerful. The fire he started. I’ve never seen anything like it.” His hand rubbed his bandage forearm as he thought about the painful after affects of the fire. ”Sachin was there too. I was so worried he’d…” He trailed off knowing Tally would understand what he was implying. It was making him a little emotional. It was hard not to get emotional when you thought about loosing the person you loved. Especially when one was intimately familiar with that experience. In fact, they both were.

He cleared his throat. ”Moral of the story. Goldwasser is still out there, so please. If you see him, don’t engage. Send for an auror and let them handle it.” He gave her a tight-lipped smile then wrapped his knuckles on the table. ”Fish and chips and a pint. On it.” He got up from the table and came back a bit later, floating a plate of fish and chips and a large salad, along with two pints of cider. He levitate them onto the table and then retook his seat. ”So,” he said reaching for his pint. ”I believe you have news?” The short trip away from the table had done wonders for Conley’s disposition.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 204,429

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Gabe <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Gabriel shrugged. "Thanks," he said. "We've been looking for awhile now...can't seem to agree on anything, so who knows what we'll find?" Truthfully, Missa seemed to be dragging her feet, and Gabriel could not fathom why. It had, after all, been her idea. Maybe she was tired of him? YATI training all day, and she realized if they were flatmates that she'd have to see him even on weekends? Whatever. Moving, not moving, whatever. "Isabella's incredible," he agreed with a proud smile. "Easily my second favorite sibling." He knew he wasn't supposed to have favorites but...his twin had to be his favorite. Obviously. He wasn't crazy.

He listened quietly as Brody chimed in about his own family, his eyebrows raising the tiniest amount. No siblings? That sounded lonely. He frowned at his friend's question, trying to remember if he knew any Lucas. Or, honestly, anyone in the Sports Department.

"I don't think so," he mused. "I don't think I've even been to level...what level is that, again?" Six? Or seven? There weren't many reasons for him to venture to other levels, except in emergencies, or visiting friends. And if he didn't have any friends in the sports department, obviously he couldn't visit them! Hah! "Do you think it's...easier, to be closer to your family, since it's small?" he asked. His own family was enormous, if one counted extended family, so having only a few family members to keep track of...that seemed more foreign to him than when he'd moved here and it snowed the first time.


Brody would not know what looking for an apartment felt like, or the hassle involved. All his life, he’d lived with his aunt and uncle. He was very comfortable there and didn’t see himself moving out any time soon. What he did see was that Gabriel wasn’t interested in him, not in the way Brody wanted him to be. The realisation dejected him but he would try not to show how he felt. After today, he’d most likely revert to going out of his way to avoid the man again, this time for his own sanity. Maybe he’d get over his crush on Gabriel. Hopefully.

“What’s it like having siblings?” Brody wondered aloud. He had spent most of his childhood and early teen years by himself. Mostly. And it had been purely his choice. His closest friend perhaps was Annabeth and that was only because she refused to quit bothering him. Over time, Brody had gotten used to her constant leech-like presence, and had eventually come to terms with the fact that he enjoyed her company.

“Level seven,’’ Brody confirmed with a nod. “Well, I hope you meet him someday. Uncle’s a very decent and cool guy. Even if he’s old.” Brody cracked a small smile. Lucas was only 41 years old at the time. He considered Gabriel’s question as he rested an elbow on the table and absently tapped at his temple with his index finger of the same hand. “It is… I guess that’s because I’ve always had a good relationship with my aunt and uncle? I suppose it doesn’t matter about the size of one’s family though, as long as you get along well with everyone.’’ Gabriel’s question had made him think about families in general now, something he’d not taken into consideration before. “I mean, I know there’ll be fights and so on but I think the important thing is making up with each other again.” He shrugged. “Dunno if I’m making sense.”
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:05 AM   #56 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,713

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: Brody <3<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Brody would not know what looking for an apartment felt like, or the hassle involved. All his life, he’d lived with his aunt and uncle. He was very comfortable there and didn’t see himself moving out any time soon. What he did see was that Gabriel wasn’t interested in him, not in the way Brody wanted him to be. The realisation dejected him but he would try not to show how he felt. After today, he’d most likely revert to going out of his way to avoid the man again, this time for his own sanity. Maybe he’d get over his crush on Gabriel. Hopefully.

“What’s it like having siblings?” Brody wondered aloud. He had spent most of his childhood and early teen years by himself. Mostly. And it had been purely his choice. His closest friend perhaps was Annabeth and that was only because she refused to quit bothering him. Over time, Brody had gotten used to her constant leech-like presence, and had eventually come to terms with the fact that he enjoyed her company.

“Level seven,’’ Brody confirmed with a nod. “Well, I hope you meet him someday. Uncle’s a very decent and cool guy. Even if he’s old.” Brody cracked a small smile. Lucas was only 41 years old at the time. He considered Gabriel’s question as he rested an elbow on the table and absently tapped at his temple with his index finger of the same hand. “It is… I guess that’s because I’ve always had a good relationship with my aunt and uncle? I suppose it doesn’t matter about the size of one’s family though, as long as you get along well with everyone.’’ Gabriel’s question had made him think about families in general now, something he’d not taken into consideration before. “I mean, I know there’ll be fights and so on but I think the important thing is making up with each other again.” He shrugged. “Dunno if I’m making sense.”


Gabriel shrugged. How to describe having siblings? "It's like...built-in friends, I guess," he said after a brief pause. "We're all--there's four of us--very different, but we're pretty...tolerant...of each other. Like, my oldest brother, he..." he paused to make eye contact with Brody, because this was important stuff, "He's a squib, so he's had to teach all the rest of us all the Muggle technology stuff." Which, in some cases, was pretty handy. E-mail was much faster than owling. Airplanes were faster than brooms. That sort of thing. "And then Isabella, she's a genius, but she's not obnoxious about it, and she gives good relationship advice." Which was weird. He didn't think Belly had ever actually been in a relationship. She just liked to talk about his.

And then his twin. How could he describe Rafa to Brody? "Rafa and I are really different, too, but we're usually in sync about the important things," he said with a nod. "It's weird living on a different continent than him."

He tilted his head when Brody continued talking about his own family. Even if his uncle was old, it was interesting to hear about a smaller family. It seemed...mostly the same, honestly. "I'd love to meet your family someday," he agreed with a small smile. "You make sense, don't worry."
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:22 AM   #57 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 204,429

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Gabe! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Gabriel shrugged. How to describe having siblings? "It's like...built-in friends, I guess," he said after a brief pause. "We're all--there's four of us--very different, but we're pretty...tolerant...of each other. Like, my oldest brother, he..." he paused to make eye contact with Brody, because this was important stuff, "He's a squib, so he's had to teach all the rest of us all the Muggle technology stuff." Which, in some cases, was pretty handy. E-mail was much faster than owling. Airplanes were faster than brooms. That sort of thing. "And then Isabella, she's a genius, but she's not obnoxious about it, and she gives good relationship advice." Which was weird. He didn't think Belly had ever actually been in a relationship. She just liked to talk about his.

And then his twin. How could he describe Rafa to Brody? "Rafa and I are really different, too, but we're usually in sync about the important things," he said with a nod. "It's weird living on a different continent than him."

He tilted his head when Brody continued talking about his own family. Even if his uncle was old, it was interesting to hear about a smaller family. It seemed...mostly the same, honestly. "I'd love to meet your family someday," he agreed with a small smile. "You make sense, don't worry."


All the while Gabriel spoke, Brody sat there listening keenly and trying his best not to stare at the young man opposite to him. Sadly, it did not work and the younger fellow found himself constantly wanting to {and actually sneaking a few glances} and Gabriel’s mouth. He really hoped Gabriel was oblivious to this. However, there was a point when the YATI actually sought Brody’s gaze and you bet ya that Brody held that gaze. He nodded at intervals to show that he was listening, and really, he was.

The DIMC Coordinator was surprised that Gabriel chose to share that he had a Squib brother with him. He knew that some still tried to hide this if there happened to be a Squib in the family. But Brody found that he wasn’t judging and simply nodded before commenting on the Muggle technology stuff. “The way Muggles survive without magic is impressive, actually. I’d say your brother is not really missing out on anything by not being able to do magic.” Did Gabriel know that he himself was Muggle born? He chuckled dryly. “Isabella sounds like someone handy to have around during a relationship crisis.” Maybe Isabella could have given him some tips on how to make Gabriel interested in him… Brody sighed inwardly, reminding himself that he wasn’t going to waste his time chasing Gabriel since it was obvious the other guy wasn’t interested. “You must miss Rafa when he’s away.”

However, Brody couldn’t help but brighten a bit when Gabriel mentioned that he’d like to meet his little family. “That can easily be arranged,’’ he remarked, forgetting temporarily his plan to avoid Gabriel after today. “Aunt Tallie and Uncle Lucas enjoy meeting my friends… even though I haven’t got many.”
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:36 AM   #58 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,713

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


All the while Gabriel spoke, Brody sat there listening keenly and trying his best not to stare at the young man opposite to him. Sadly, it did not work and the younger fellow found himself constantly wanting to {and actually sneaking a few glances} and Gabriel’s mouth. He really hoped Gabriel was oblivious to this. However, there was a point when the YATI actually sought Brody’s gaze and you bet ya that Brody held that gaze. He nodded at intervals to show that he was listening, and really, he was.

The DIMC Coordinator was surprised that Gabriel chose to share that he had a Squib brother with him. He knew that some still tried to hide this if there happened to be a Squib in the family. But Brody found that he wasn’t judging and simply nodded before commenting on the Muggle technology stuff. “The way Muggles survive without magic is impressive, actually. I’d say your brother is not really missing out on anything by not being able to do magic.” Did Gabriel know that he himself was Muggle born? He chuckled dryly. “Isabella sounds like someone handy to have around during a relationship crisis.” Maybe Isabella could have given him some tips on how to make Gabriel interested in him… Brody sighed inwardly, reminding himself that he wasn’t going to waste his time chasing Gabriel since it was obvious the other guy wasn’t interested. “You must miss Rafa when he’s away.”

However, Brody couldn’t help but brighten a bit when Gabriel mentioned that he’d like to meet his little family. “That can easily be arranged,’’ he remarked, forgetting temporarily his plan to avoid Gabriel after today. “Aunt Tallie and Uncle Lucas enjoy meeting my friends… even though I haven’t got many.”
Eye contact was fantastic. What was the saying? You can tell a lot from somebody's eyes? Yeah, Gabriel could tell a lot. Like...Brody was paying very close attention. Like...closer attention than Gabriel had been paying when Brody was talking. He blinked and looked away for a moment, before meeting Brody's gaze again.

He let out a breath of relief as Brody responded very positively to his explanation of his family. They were a lot, and after not mentioning his oldest brother to anyone in London, it was a relief to finally share that with someone. "She's honestly handy to have around any time," he agreed, the corner of his mouth twitching into a wider smile. "You should meet her, she is a university professor in Scotland now." He nodded some more. Yes, he missed his twin. A lot. He tried not to think about it, honestly. He'd never mentioned it to his brothers, but he hoped they'd move to Europe. Especially now his mother and Isabella had moved.

"I look forward to meeting your aunt and uncle!" he said. "I...don't have many friends, either." Like...he had four? Was that the right number? He tried to list them in his head, but the number seemed astonishingly low. Hopefully he had more than that.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:57 PM   #59 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 204,429

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Gabe! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Eye contact was fantastic. What was the saying? You can tell a lot from somebody's eyes? Yeah, Gabriel could tell a lot. Like...Brody was paying very close attention. Like...closer attention than Gabriel had been paying when Brody was talking. He blinked and looked away for a moment, before meeting Brody's gaze again.

He let out a breath of relief as Brody responded very positively to his explanation of his family. They were a lot, and after not mentioning his oldest brother to anyone in London, it was a relief to finally share that with someone. "She's honestly handy to have around any time," he agreed, the corner of his mouth twitching into a wider smile. "You should meet her, she is a university professor in Scotland now." He nodded some more. Yes, he missed his twin. A lot. He tried not to think about it, honestly. He'd never mentioned it to his brothers, but he hoped they'd move to Europe. Especially now his mother and Isabella had moved.

"I look forward to meeting your aunt and uncle!" he said. "I...don't have many friends, either." Like...he had four? Was that the right number? He tried to list them in his head, but the number seemed astonishingly low. Hopefully he had more than that.


Gabriel got that right. Brody certainly was paying attention. He got the vibe from Gabriel that family was important to him. The Coordinator could understand that for he felt the same. However, when the other man blinked and looked away, he wondered if a mistake had been made by holding the eye contact for so long. Not even when Gsbriel met his gaze again did he stop wondering.

Little did he know about the relief Gabriel was feeling just because he understood that there was a Squib in the family. No one chose if their family members would be capable of magic or not so Brody cared about anyone’s blood status nor their magical abilities or lack thereof. Brody’s eyes trailed to Gabriel’s lips again which were very noticeably moving into a wider smile. “Oh?” Quite the pity Isabella didn’t teach at the Edinburgh campus; he’d have seen her very regularly. “What does she teach?” Portuguese? Because Brody was going to need a tutor since he planned to avoid Gabriel.

While Brody was secretly thrilled that Gabriel wanted to meet his aunt and uncle, he was surprised that the other man didn’t have many friends. “Why not? It’s difficult not to like you. I mean…” He tried to look as though he weren’t the one who liked Gabriel a little too much. “You’re an okay guy.”
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:52 PM   #60 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,713

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: what a flirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Gabriel got that right. Brody certainly was paying attention. He got the vibe from Gabriel that family was important to him. The Coordinator could understand that for he felt the same. However, when the other man blinked and looked away, he wondered if a mistake had been made by holding the eye contact for so long. Not even when Gsbriel met his gaze again did he stop wondering.

Little did he know about the relief Gabriel was feeling just because he understood that there was a Squib in the family. No one chose if their family members would be capable of magic or not so Brody cared about anyone’s blood status nor their magical abilities or lack thereof. Brody’s eyes trailed to Gabriel’s lips again which were very noticeably moving into a wider smile. “Oh?” Quite the pity Isabella didn’t teach at the Edinburgh campus; he’d have seen her very regularly. “What does she teach?” Portuguese? Because Brody was going to need a tutor since he planned to avoid Gabriel.

While Brody was secretly thrilled that Gabriel wanted to meet his aunt and uncle, he was surprised that the other man didn’t have many friends. “Why not? It’s difficult not to like you. I mean…” He tried to look as though he weren’t the one who liked Gabriel a little too much. “You’re an okay guy.”


"She teaches charms, I think." Not that he really paid attention when she talked about her research. And she only talked about her classes in very general terms. Complaining, mostly, it seemed. Maybe she talked about it more positively to other people. Gabriel wouldn't know, there was enough of an age gap between him and most of his older sister's friends that they didn't spend much time together. Which was fine. He was plenty busy still.

He grinned broadly at Brody's statement he was likeable, or rather, an 'okay' guy. "Thank you for that glowing review," he said with a laugh. "I've just been very focused on the YATI stuff. I haven't gone out of my way to really meet people outside of work." He shrugged, relaxing his grin a little. "I guess I've been kind of...avoiding the extra time commitment of having lots of friends? It can be..." He frowned, trying to think of the right word. "Distracting, I guess."

And his job was important. He didn't want to be distracted from it.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208