sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 1291 users online including...
FearlessLeader19 , DuckyLinJi , achnacksuzi , Lespype , sweetpinkpixie , Patriotujo , KelNeigue , love-for-HP , Krel Ansell

9 members
1282 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side > Leaky Cauldron

Leaky Cauldron Stop by for a quick drink or a place to stay the night. This famous pub and inn would be more than happy to serve you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Pub Seating


Here at the Leaky Cauldron things can get pretty busy, and, for Louisa, this is exactly the case. For this purpose, a few changes have been made and now customers may come to the counter to place their orders, so as to keep the chaos down and keep things less hectic for the busy workers and their customers.

In the center of the room sits the baby of the Leaky Cauldron - baby grand piano that is. It is not unusual to enter the Leaky Cauldron and see costumers playing away at the piano. However, this piano is widely special, even for the Wizarding World. Years ago, Ryoma, former owner Harley's partner, built it by hand and therefore as one plays each key the ivory gives off a little puff of colored smoke that rises up into the air and form shapes that begin to tell a story to the music.

Off to the side of the room, a cozy fireplace and seating area can be found for those looking to relax a bit before heading off to the busy shops of Diagon Alley. At various times throughout the day, Louisa will drop by with a tray of assorted snacks for those sitting by the fireplace to enjoy.

OOC: Please do NOT RP for Louisa. Doing so will cause your post to be edited or deleted depending on the severity. The piano is free for all to use so have fun with that and enjoy yourself. Also, please remember that Louisa does NOT take orders at the tables. You must go the Bar and Service Counter for that.

And a very IMPORTANT warning. Please please PLEASE make sure you have read all SS rules - especially those involving drinking. There will be a zero tolerance policy in regards to this rule.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:27 AM   #201 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Jarvey
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 562

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake P. Ryan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Marcel Riggs
Default Vale :)

Alba was rather nervous about this dinner 'date'. It wasn't a date, Valentin had made it clear the last time they had talked that it wasn't going to be a date, and Alba was okay with that. She just wanted to enjoy a meal with and human and not her cat.

She had semi dressed up for the occasion, and by that she meant her best pair of jeans and a nice teal sweater. Since it wasn't a date she didn't go as crazy to wear a dress. But none the less she was still had a sense of nervousness about it. Would they be able to get along like they had at the Ministry? Would things be awkward now? Who knows? ... none the less, Alba was here just a couple minuets early to make sure she wasn't late.

She had grabbed a table at the pub, and waited for Valentin to arrive.
__________________
love-for-HP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:43 PM   #202 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Alba
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Alba was rather nervous about this dinner 'date'. It wasn't a date, Valentin had made it clear the last time they had talked that it wasn't going to be a date, and Alba was okay with that. She just wanted to enjoy a meal with and human and not her cat.

She had semi dressed up for the occasion, and by that she meant her best pair of jeans and a nice teal sweater. Since it wasn't a date she didn't go as crazy to wear a dress. But none the less she was still had a sense of nervousness about it. Would they be able to get along like they had at the Ministry? Would things be awkward now? Who knows? ... none the less, Alba was here just a couple minuets early to make sure she wasn't late.

She had grabbed a table at the pub, and waited for Valentin to arrive.

Why was he doing this again? He'd been asking himself that question since he had agreed to go for dinner with Alba. Part of him hadn't really expected to receive her owl and when the owl had arrived with a date and time, well the other part of him had snorted and said that's what he got for being nice. He had spent at least a few hours every day from then debating with himself as to whether or not he should really come.

In the end, he'd decided to come because he needed to eat and well, it wasn't like Valentin was the type to cook for himself. So, dressed in maroon chinos and a navy blue fisherman's sweater he moseyed into the Leaky. It'd been a while since he'd eaten here, but if memory served they at least had a good beef casserole. He spotted Alba and headed over. "Bonsoir," he said as he pulled out a chair and sat down.
__________________
Krel Ansell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:22 PM   #203 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf
 
candy Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,509
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Sarah Anna weeks
Default

-Sarah wonders downtown looking for some place to rest and stumbled upon the leaky cauldron pushes open the door and feels more relaxed and goes over to the food counterand waits to be served tell the order and orders a ginger ale and a piece of chocolate cake with ice cream for after goes and sits next to the window and gets a book out of her bag and starts to read the page -
__________________
Harry Potter Rulez

Last edited by candy Rulez; 01-20-2020 at 09:15 PM.
candy Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #204 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,723

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Second Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy Rulez View Post
-Anniebella wonders downtown looking for some place to rest and stumbled upon the leaky cauldron pushes open the door and feels more relaxed and goes over to the food counterand waits to be served tell the order and orders a ginger ale and a piece of chocolate cake with ice cream for after goes and sits next to the window and gets a book out of her bag and starts to read the page -
Rachel loved coming to Diagon Alley, even of it were to just reminisce her time spent shopping for Hogwarts supplies. It was difficult to believe she had graduated five years ago. So much had happened since, the biggest being that she was now engaged. How the time had flown!

She had been in Diagon Alley for about an hour when she decided to take a break. The Leaky Cauldron was the perfect spot to do so, she decided. She went up to the counter and without hesitation, placed her order: A turkey and cheese sandwich and iced tea. Once she had paid, she made her way to the seating area. It was mainly crowded but there was one girl sitting alone nearby and she was reading.

"Hello,'' Rachel said. "Would you mind if I sat with you? I can promise that I won't be a nuisance.''
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:37 PM   #205 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf
 
candy Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,509
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Sarah Anna weeks
Default

-Sarah looked up from her book nice to meet you Rachael sure about sitting here have you been here before?
__________________
Harry Potter Rulez

Last edited by candy Rulez; 01-20-2020 at 09:15 PM.
candy Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:17 AM   #206 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Jarvey
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 562

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake P. Ryan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Marcel Riggs
Default

SPOILER!!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Why was he doing this again? He'd been asking himself that question since he had agreed to go for dinner with Alba. Part of him hadn't really expected to receive her owl and when the owl had arrived with a date and time, well the other part of him had snorted and said that's what he got for being nice. He had spent at least a few hours every day from then debating with himself as to whether or not he should really come.

In the end, he'd decided to come because he needed to eat and well, it wasn't like Valentin was the type to cook for himself. So, dressed in maroon chinos and a navy blue fisherman's sweater he moseyed into the Leaky. It'd been a while since he'd eaten here, but if memory served they at least had a good beef casserole. He spotted Alba and headed over. "Bonsoir," he said as he pulled out a chair and sat down.


Alba jumped just slightly when the seat next to hers was pulled out. She was watching the pub's movements and hadn't noticed Valentin walk in at first. "Bonsoir" She replied with a smile. She was happy to see him. She had a worried feeling all week that he was going to try and bail on her ... or maybe it was her who was thinking she would bail on him? Either way it was an uneasy feeling all week. She was glad to be here, and even happier now that he had shown as well.

"I'm so glad you came." She added smiling from ear to ear. He was he first real friend. Even if it was early friendship, it was still a good feeling. "How's your day been?" She asked, sliding a menu over by him. She wasn't great at small talk.
__________________
love-for-HP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:55 AM   #207 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Alba
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Alba jumped just slightly when the seat next to hers was pulled out. She was watching the pub's movements and hadn't noticed Valentin walk in at first. "Bonsoir" She replied with a smile. She was happy to see him. She had a worried feeling all week that he was going to try and bail on her ... or maybe it was her who was thinking she would bail on him? Either way it was an uneasy feeling all week. She was glad to be here, and even happier now that he had shown as well.

"I'm so glad you came." She added smiling from ear to ear. He was he first real friend. Even if it was early friendship, it was still a good feeling. "How's your day been?" She asked, sliding a menu over by him. She wasn't great at small talk.

That was a big smile. Valentin was suddenly very glad that he had set the record straight before accepting this dinner outing. Because with a smile like that, Valentin would have thought the worst of the situation. As it was whatever happened now, well it was on her.

But at least it seemed to be a genuine smile. It had been a long time since someone seemed genuinely happy to see him. He picked up the menu and glanced at it, already knowing he would order the beef casserole. "Busy," he said eyes scanning the menu just in case they had added something new. "Ze enti-muggle movemonts seems to 'ave reached paris. Ai was fieldeng cairrespondencé all mairneng." He dropped the menu back onto the table. "And 'ow as la exciténg whirld of human resur?"
__________________
Krel Ansell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #208 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Jarvey
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 562

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake P. Ryan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Marcel Riggs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
That was a big smile. Valentin was suddenly very glad that he had set the record straight before accepting this dinner outing. Because with a smile like that, Valentin would have thought the worst of the situation. As it was whatever happened now, well it was on her.

But at least it seemed to be a genuine smile. It had been a long time since someone seemed genuinely happy to see him. He picked up the menu and glanced at it, already knowing he would order the beef casserole. "Busy," he said eyes scanning the menu just in case they had added something new. "Ze enti-muggle movemonts seems to 'ave reached paris. Ai was fieldeng cairrespondencé all mairneng." He dropped the menu back onto the table. "And 'ow as la exciténg whirld of human resur?"
Alba having already decided on a salad with some grilled chicken gave her full attention to what Valentin was talking about. She had honestly been unaware of the complete anti muggle movement. Of course she read the newspaper, but that was the extent of her knowledge. "Muggles really are not that bad." She added, well... maybe it wasn't best to get into a political debate on their first dinner outing together. "I still keep in contact with several friends from the muggle world." That prompted her memory that she needed to write Samantha back. "Do you think you'll have to return to France?" She ask him, she felt her heart sink slightly, she really had only had him as a friend for short while, she would be sad if he had to depart the country so soon.

"Well I did finally locate the Mysteries employee I needed." She said thinking back to the memory of Valentin helping her fiend her way. "Thanks again for helping me." She added, and then thought about that coffee incident again and blushed slightly. "And once again sorry about the coffee." Whew okay, she needed to stop apologizing for things... she had done so already.
__________________
love-for-HP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:22 AM   #209 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Alba
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Alba having already decided on a salad with some grilled chicken gave her full attention to what Valentin was talking about. She had honestly been unaware of the complete anti muggle movement. Of course she read the newspaper, but that was the extent of her knowledge. "Muggles really are not that bad." She added, well... maybe it wasn't best to get into a political debate on their first dinner outing together. "I still keep in contact with several friends from the muggle world." That prompted her memory that she needed to write Samantha back. "Do you think you'll have to return to France?" She ask him, she felt her heart sink slightly, she really had only had him as a friend for short while, she would be sad if he had to depart the country so soon.

"Well I did finally locate the Mysteries employee I needed." She said thinking back to the memory of Valentin helping her fiend her way. "Thanks again for helping me." She added, and then thought about that coffee incident again and blushed slightly. "And once again sorry about the coffee." Whew okay, she needed to stop apologizing for things... she had done so already.

”Ai 'ave to go bak on friday,” he said simply. He went back to France at least once a month for updates and briefings. That was one of the nice things about being a wizard. Easy travel arrangements that didn’t cost an arm and a leg and happened pretty much in the blink of an eye. ”I’m lookeng fairward to spendeng time een mon 'ome zer.” He’d only be gone for a week. Two at the most, but oh to enjoy time at home with his peoples, speaking French! Yes, Valentin did enjoy his time back in Paris. And his place there had the best wine cellar. It was really was impossible to find a good Bordeaux in England.

It might come as a surprise to most people, but Valentin had no problems with muggles. He found them interesting and insightful people, but given a choice? He’d choose magic any day. ”Le enti-muggle movémont eez unfairtunate. Truly.” He said looking around for the barkeep. Perhaps he should go up to the counter and place their orders. ”Muggles are vairy intairesténg. Ai alwais enjoyed muggle studees een schoul. Zey come up wiv ze most intairésteng wais to survive wivoot magic. I’m sure you 'ave a vairy uniqué point of viu regardeng zem, 'avéng spent zo much time wiv zem.”

”I’m glad you wairé abuhl to find whom you wairé lookéng fair.” He leaned back in his chair. He was quite happy that Alba had brought up the subject of Level 9. He waved away her thanks, wanting her to expand on what she had seen while on her quest. His cleaners had just assumed he’d been run into on the tube. Ha! Like Valentin would ever ride on the London Underground. ” How was lével 9? Eez eet as odd as le rumairs sai?”
__________________
Krel Ansell is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194