sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 261 users online including...
lorenepp2 , Bogdanelb , Bogdanqba , Bogdanofy , Shawntzs

7 members
254 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing) > Ilvermorny


Ilvermorny American wizards and witches have a school of their own too! Ilvermorny awaits up at the highest peak of Mount Greylock.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-22-2017, 01:52 AM
Cassirin Cassirin is offline
 
Default The Common

The Common - Grounds


Leaving the castle and following the stone path will lead students into the Common. The Common is set up with trees and rose bushes around it, this makes the area seem more private and closed off than it really is. It allows for a sense of relaxation for students to study, catch up with friends, or just find a nice spot to read. With the grass and stones, students can decide if they want to bring a blanket out to sit on the ground or pick one of the many white benches. The trees and bushes attract birds, butterflies, and other small creatures so keep your eyes out for nature to happen right before your eyes.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:14 PM   #26 (permalink)




DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,932

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
His comment made her shrug, though the smile still remained. Rosalind was most certainly giving off the vibe that she wasn't all too concerned if the rest of her body had been hit with falling apples. "Battle wounds build character. A bruise here and there is something I can handle," she mused. She certainly didn't mind them from Quidditch or Quodpot. Getting them wasn't pleasant, but she was not going to let that hold her back.

Smile gone and her mind now focused on the earthquake, she was a bit let down that the boy in front of her didn't have any concrete answers. So she made a mental note to ask around and see if there was reason to worry. It was better to know the normality of such things so she could explain to her No-Maj parents that everything was fine. As for this earthquake incident, she couldn't say for sure. She certainly hadn't felt one at Ilvermorny before.

When he made his name known, it was already locked in her mind. At this point, however, she needed some sort of attribute to set him apart from the others who looked exactly like him. Without saying so, she was looking him over, hoping to notice something like dimples, some sort of birthmark, anything that would make knowing that Dallan was Dallan easier to notice in the future. So far all she was able to determine was the fact that he only mentioned one of his siblings and not the others. Was that on purpose? Curious. "I'm Roz." In case he didn't know.
Her shrug only made him grin a little. Whether she was a strong girl or simply attempting to put on a front for him, he didn't know, nor did he really care. "While I agree with that, I'd much rather have a cooler story to go along with my battle scars then... 'I was hit by falling apples'". That story didn't sound nearly as thrilling as some of the ones he had from going adventuring with his dad and brother. If anything, it sounded totally laughable.

His answer probably hadn't been what she had wanted but where would the point had been in lying to her? All he really knew for sure was he hadn't felt an earthquakes during the previous year he was at Ilvermorny.

Dallan blinked at her. The way she was looking at him was mildly unnerving. What was she doing?! He shifted a little, leaning back on his hands but still looking towards her. Roz. Okay. Simple enough to remember. He nodded his head to show he had heard her. As for why he hadn't mentioned anyone else... well they didn't matter. They were Kalos anyhow, not Mikaelson's. While they all may have looked identical... and they were... Dana was his brother, they other two... were not. At least not in his mind.
__________________
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Quintaped
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 58,035

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dafydd Johanson
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jordan Hicks
Ecological Protection

x8 x8
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Her shrug only made him grin a little. Whether she was a strong girl or simply attempting to put on a front for him, he didn't know, nor did he really care. "While I agree with that, I'd much rather have a cooler story to go along with my battle scars then... 'I was hit by falling apples'". That story didn't sound nearly as thrilling as some of the ones he had from going adventuring with his dad and brother. If anything, it sounded totally laughable.

His answer probably hadn't been what she had wanted but where would the point had been in lying to her? All he really knew for sure was he hadn't felt an earthquakes during the previous year he was at Ilvermorny.

Dallan blinked at her. The way she was looking at him was mildly unnerving. What was she doing?! He shifted a little, leaning back on his hands but still looking towards her. Roz. Okay. Simple enough to remember. He nodded his head to show he had heard her. As for why he hadn't mentioned anyone else... well they didn't matter. They were Kalos anyhow, not Mikaelson's. While they all may have looked identical... and they were... Dana was his brother, they other two... were not. At least not in his mind.
Dallan's response made Roz laugh. "When you put it like that, it definitely doesn't sound as exciting," she agreed. "But the tale can certainly be spiced up quite a bit when you mention that you were hit by falling apples in the midst of a freak earthquake. It's all in the details." In general that was true of most stories and epic tales of bravery, courage, and survival. What details one focused on really changed the narrative.

Speaking of the earthquake, at this point the Wampus was ready to put it behind her. It wasn't like another one was going to happen any time soon, right? There was no need worry about it should the ground beneath them begin to quake again. What they had just encountered was very short and nothing bad came of it. Surely the adults would reassure them of that at some point.

Had she been staring too long? Rosalind hadn't noticed. But she did eventually give up looking for any unique features. If she ever came across Dallan or any of his look-a-likes, she was just going to have to figure out who it was in the moment. "Well ... I better get back to studying." They had an exam coming up, which was why the book was out here with her. "You can stick around, if you want." Or not. It didn't matter to her.
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:01 PM   #28 (permalink)




DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,932

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Dallan's response made Roz laugh. "When you put it like that, it definitely doesn't sound as exciting," she agreed. "But the tale can certainly be spiced up quite a bit when you mention that you were hit by falling apples in the midst of a freak earthquake. It's all in the details." In general that was true of most stories and epic tales of bravery, courage, and survival. What details one focused on really changed the narrative.

Speaking of the earthquake, at this point the Wampus was ready to put it behind her. It wasn't like another one was going to happen any time soon, right? There was no need worry about it should the ground beneath them begin to quake again. What they had just encountered was very short and nothing bad came of it. Surely the adults would reassure them of that at some point.

Had she been staring too long? Rosalind hadn't noticed. But she did eventually give up looking for any unique features. If she ever came across Dallan or any of his look-a-likes, she was just going to have to figure out who it was in the moment. "Well ... I better get back to studying." They had an exam coming up, which was why the book was out here with her. "You can stick around, if you want." Or not. It didn't matter to her.
"Right?" Dallan laughed. It sounded entirely lame. Definitely not a story he would want to be telling anyone. What Roz was saying was very true. "Especially if you were trying to help someone else from the same fate." If he was going to spice up a story, he was going to make himself look good.

"Find anything interesting?" He grinned at her somewhat cheekily. If there was something she wanted to know, she could simply ask him. The girl didn't have to sit there staring. Meh, studying. Dallan wasn't a bad student but studying bored him. "What are you studying?" Consider him mildly curious if it was something he might actually know or not.
__________________
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Quintaped
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 58,035

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dafydd Johanson
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jordan Hicks
Ecological Protection

x8 x8
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
"Right?" Dallan laughed. It sounded entirely lame. Definitely not a story he would want to be telling anyone. What Roz was saying was very true. "Especially if you were trying to help someone else from the same fate." If he was going to spice up a story, he was going to make himself look good.

"Find anything interesting?" He grinned at her somewhat cheekily. If there was something she wanted to know, she could simply ask him. The girl didn't have to sit there staring. Meh, studying. Dallan wasn't a bad student but studying bored him. "What are you studying?" Consider him mildly curious if it was something he might actually know or not.
The lightheartedness of everything, especially after an earthquake that came out of nowhere, was rather nice. It certainly was a good distraction from what had happened. Not to mention, this kind of thing was one of many things that Rosalind liked talking about. "Definitely," she responded. "The victor or hero always elaborates on their triumphs and makes themselves look better than they really are." It was why they told their own stories or made it a textbook that teenagers like them were forced to read.

She stopped herself from going into that tangent, however. That was a conversation for another day, in their Wizarding History class. It always was good to question the facts and who was telling them. Fortunately, there was no need for that when it came to the subject her attention was on for the moment.

"Nothing really interesting. Just theory," Ros told Dallan, flashing him the cover of the textbook she was holding onto. "Charms. We've got an exam coming up." While she wasn't particularly fond of studying either, she was motivated to get good grades and prove herself.
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:16 PM   #30 (permalink)




DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,932

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
The lightheartedness of everything, especially after an earthquake that came out of nowhere, was rather nice. It certainly was a good distraction from what had happened. Not to mention, this kind of thing was one of many things that Rosalind liked talking about. "Definitely," she responded. "The victor or hero always elaborates on their triumphs and makes themselves look better than they really are." It was why they told their own stories or made it a textbook that teenagers like them were forced to read.

She stopped herself from going into that tangent, however. That was a conversation for another day, in their Wizarding History class. It always was good to question the facts and who was telling them. Fortunately, there was no need for that when it came to the subject her attention was on for the moment.

"Nothing really interesting. Just theory," Ros told Dallan, flashing him the cover of the textbook she was holding onto. "Charms. We've got an exam coming up." While she wasn't particularly fond of studying either, she was motivated to get good grades and prove herself.
Her point was completely valid. Given the chance to do so himself, Dallan likely would have, only his story would always include his brother. All of their true adventuring was done together and whatever the outcome was, was both of theirs. Good or bad, it was them against everything else. "Can't really blame them though, why not make yourself look as good as you can if you're able to."

Dallan's gaze quickly shifted to the cover of the textbook she had held up. Theory. Not the most interesting of topics but also not the worst. The reminder of an upcoming exam only caused him to groan. "I'd be more than pleased to forget about that." Not that he actually would. Studying wasn't his strong suit but he also wouldn't allow himself to fail either. "Anything specific that you're focused on... or just reviewing it all?"
__________________
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:13 AM   #31 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Quintaped
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 58,035

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dafydd Johanson
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jordan Hicks
Ecological Protection

x8 x8
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Her point was completely valid. Given the chance to do so himself, Dallan likely would have, only his story would always include his brother. All of their true adventuring was done together and whatever the outcome was, was both of theirs. Good or bad, it was them against everything else. "Can't really blame them though, why not make yourself look as good as you can if you're able to."

Dallan's gaze quickly shifted to the cover of the textbook she had held up. Theory. Not the most interesting of topics but also not the worst. The reminder of an upcoming exam only caused him to groan. "I'd be more than pleased to forget about that." Not that he actually would. Studying wasn't his strong suit but he also wouldn't allow himself to fail either. "Anything specific that you're focused on... or just reviewing it all?"
Many of her points were valid, if Dallan didn't know. Not that Roz would say such a thing. The girl was too humble to point that out, and that just wasn't how she went about things. If someone didn't agree with her, that was their loss. Or, depending on the topic, she'd just cast a hex or do things the good old No-Maj way and throw a punch. A humble warrior is what she was, one that stuck to the facts but just added a dash of sugar, spice, everything nice, and some chemical X to really add that special flair.

"Very true," she agreed. "Seemed to work out for all those ancient witches and wizards we hear about in class." The thought was fleeting as Charms became her primary focus. "Sort of just reviewing it all. Getting through the boring stuff before the spells. You know, save the best for last. Have you had a chance to practice the --"

Her words trailed off as the ground suddenly began to shake again. Rosalind's eyes widened, her body tensing and freezing on the spot.
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #32 (permalink)




DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,932

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Many of her points were valid, if Dallan didn't know. Not that Roz would say such a thing. The girl was too humble to point that out, and that just wasn't how she went about things. If someone didn't agree with her, that was their loss. Or, depending on the topic, she'd just cast a hex or do things the good old No-Maj way and throw a punch. A humble warrior is what she was, one that stuck to the facts but just added a dash of sugar, spice, everything nice, and some chemical X to really add that special flair.

"Very true," she agreed. "Seemed to work out for all those ancient witches and wizards we hear about in class." The thought was fleeting as Charms became her primary focus. "Sort of just reviewing it all. Getting through the boring stuff before the spells. You know, save the best for last. Have you had a chance to practice the --"

Her words trailed off as the ground suddenly began to shake again. Rosalind's eyes widened, her body tensing and freezing on the spot.
Dallan grinned a little bit when she agree. Obviously she was going to. It just made sense. If you could make yourself look better, why not do so? "Right? If it worked for them, it could work for us." Truthfully though, he didn't need to embellish on any stories. This boy had stories. Adventuring with his brother and his dad, something always happened. Stuff that had even found its way into the books his dad wrote. Some of it was actually pretty cool but he wasn't one to brag, normally.

Study? Him? He had to hold back a laugh. "Er, kinda?" Most of his studying happened if Dana nagged at him enough or the two of them tagged teamed things together to get done more quickly. "I'm more practical. I prefer hands-on studying. I learn better that way." If he was able to physically get into what he was doing the information stuck with him much better.

He would've elaborated more if it hadn't been for the ground beneath them shaking again. Dallan froze, his eyes remaining on Rosalind since she was right there. What was going on?! This hadn't happened at all last term! It was starting to get really weird and he didn't like it. Just like before though, as fast as it had begun, it was over. Dallan let out a slow breath, his racing heart slowly returning to normal once again. "You okay?"
__________________
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Quintaped
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 58,035

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dafydd Johanson
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jordan Hicks
Ecological Protection

x8 x8
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dallan grinned a little bit when she agree. Obviously she was going to. It just made sense. If you could make yourself look better, why not do so? "Right? If it worked for them, it could work for us." Truthfully though, he didn't need to embellish on any stories. This boy had stories. Adventuring with his brother and his dad, something always happened. Stuff that had even found its way into the books his dad wrote. Some of it was actually pretty cool but he wasn't one to brag, normally.

Study? Him? He had to hold back a laugh. "Er, kinda?" Most of his studying happened if Dana nagged at him enough or the two of them tagged teamed things together to get done more quickly. "I'm more practical. I prefer hands-on studying. I learn better that way." If he was able to physically get into what he was doing the information stuck with him much better.

He would've elaborated more if it hadn't been for the ground beneath them shaking again. Dallan froze, his eyes remaining on Rosalind since she was right there. What was going on?! This hadn't happened at all last term! It was starting to get really weird and he didn't like it. Just like before though, as fast as it had begun, it was over. Dallan let out a slow breath, his racing heart slowly returning to normal once again. "You okay?"
"Indeed" was all she added onto that topic. She did have to give credit where credit was due: those wizards and witches they learned about in Wizarding History had stories and they certainly got fame for it. Whether or not she believed it all was a different matter. Different perspectives really did shed new light on what they were supposed to take in as fact. And that was why she probably wouldn't embellish on her story too much if she happened to wind up in a book one day.

Had the earthquake not happened, Roz would have been more delighted to hear that Dallan was a hands-on learner. She would have revealed that she was too, though she was also very much aware that taking in the theory was just as necessary as well.

But the earthquake did happen. It was the second one that day, only minutes apart. She was now growing concerned as this definitely wasn't normal. Her eyes were wide, but again she was thankful not to have been sitting underneath the apple trees over yonder. "I'm alright. Just a bit shaken, I guess. Wasn't expecting another..." Her thought stopped mid-sentence as different ones came to mind. "Do you think we should go inside? See what the professors have to say?"
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #34 (permalink)




DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,932

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
"Indeed" was all she added onto that topic. She did have to give credit where credit was due: those wizards and witches they learned about in Wizarding History had stories and they certainly got fame for it. Whether or not she believed it all was a different matter. Different perspectives really did shed new light on what they were supposed to take in as fact. And that was why she probably wouldn't embellish on her story too much if she happened to wind up in a book one day.

Had the earthquake not happened, Roz would have been more delighted to hear that Dallan was a hands-on learner. She would have revealed that she was too, though she was also very much aware that taking in the theory was just as necessary as well.

But the earthquake did happen. It was the second one that day, only minutes apart. She was now growing concerned as this definitely wasn't normal. Her eyes were wide, but again she was thankful not to have been sitting underneath the apple trees over yonder. "I'm alright. Just a bit shaken, I guess. Wasn't expecting another..." Her thought stopped mid-sentence as different ones came to mind. "Do you think we should go inside? See what the professors have to say?"
There didn't seem to be much more to add onto their steadily dying topic. Dallan gave a barely noticeable nod of his head and left it at that.

"Yeah? You sure?" Being a gentleman, most of the time, he had to ask. While it had been a tiny earthquake, this was the second one in a very short span of time. Something didn't feel right and the wide-eyed expression on his new friends face wasn't of any help. "That might be a good idea. They have to have felt it too. Maybe they'll call some sort of meeting or something." Cause surely the professor and headmaster had to be talking about this? Were they all going to be safe here if the quakes got worse?

"Come on," Dallan got to his feet, offering a hand out to help her up. "I'll walk back with you and we can find someone to ask." Maybe he would get lucky and run into his brother along the way.
__________________
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Quintaped
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 58,035

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dafydd Johanson
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jordan Hicks
Ecological Protection

x8 x8
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
There didn't seem to be much more to add onto their steadily dying topic. Dallan gave a barely noticeable nod of his head and left it at that.

"Yeah? You sure?" Being a gentleman, most of the time, he had to ask. While it had been a tiny earthquake, this was the second one in a very short span of time. Something didn't feel right and the wide-eyed expression on his new friends face wasn't of any help. "That might be a good idea. They have to have felt it too. Maybe they'll call some sort of meeting or something." Cause surely the professor and headmaster had to be talking about this? Were they all going to be safe here if the quakes got worse?

"Come on," Dallan got to his feet, offering a hand out to help her up. "I'll walk back with you and we can find someone to ask." Maybe he would get lucky and run into his brother along the way.
Thoughts of studying for Charms were now behind her. Even the textbook she had in her hands was now closed shut. Now all Roz could think about was these odd earthquakes that had come out of nowhere, and all she wanted was to be told from an adult if everything was fine or if there was something that needed to be done to put an end to it all. While the two earthquakes they had just experienced were small, she was now under the impression that they would return and potentially last longer.

"Yeah, I'm alright," she told Dallan, doing her best to make herself sound less shaken than she was. She was a Wampus after all, a fighter. While the earthquakes were unexpected, she wasn't going to let them squander her spirit.

She gladly accepted his hand, allowing him to help her off the ground. Wasting no time, she opened her satchel and stuffed both her textbook and blanket inside. She then turned on her heel and started heading toward the castle. "Hopefully they can explain what is going on..."
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:01 PM   #36 (permalink)




DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,932

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Thoughts of studying for Charms were now behind her. Even the textbook she had in her hands was now closed shut. Now all Roz could think about was these odd earthquakes that had come out of nowhere, and all she wanted was to be told from an adult if everything was fine or if there was something that needed to be done to put an end to it all. While the two earthquakes they had just experienced were small, she was now under the impression that they would return and potentially last longer.

"Yeah, I'm alright," she told Dallan, doing her best to make herself sound less shaken than she was. She was a Wampus after all, a fighter. While the earthquakes were unexpected, she wasn't going to let them squander her spirit.

She gladly accepted his hand, allowing him to help her off the ground. Wasting no time, she opened her satchel and stuffed both her textbook and blanket inside. She then turned on her heel and started heading toward the castle. "Hopefully they can explain what is going on..."
Dallan one hundred person didn't believe that she was alright. Maybe she truly was but he wouldn't hold it against her if she wasn't. Earthquakes were a scary thing, no matter how small. He nodded his head though, if she wanted to appear strong, that was fine with him.

It surprised him for someone that she had accepted his hand but the look in his eyes was a very fleeting one. Dallan attempted a light grin, giving her fingers a tiny but hopefully comforting squeeze before letting her hand go. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his robes while he waited for her to pack up her things. "If not it will be nice to know that they at least know about it and are looking into it or something." Anything they could be told was better than not knowing anything at all.

He was quick to fall into step alongside her, heading back to the castle.
__________________
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 10,298

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Open RP opportunity!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

The sun shone bright on The Common, and it was unusually warm for an early Fall weekend… the perfect kind of weather for a picnic, and that’s exactly why Normandie Carton was here. She’d set up flyers around the school days ago to advertise this little gathering. Now it was only a matter of time before people started arriving, and there was still so much to do to get ready!

The red-haired Thunderbird strolled across The Common, a wicker picnic basket in one hand. Her larch wand, clutched tightly in her other hand, levitated a stack of colorful blankets in front of her. Approaching a shady spot under a tree, she ended her levitation spell, allowing the blankets to drop. She picked one from the top of the stack - white with pink and yellow flowers - and spread it out neatly in the shade of the tree. There, that was one down, but what should she do with the rest of them? Should she set them out too or let people pick their own spot? Her blue-green eyes darted from the grass to the pile of blankets. Probably a good idea to let them pick their own!

Setting the picnic basket down, she began to lay the food inside on the nearest white bench, like a buffet table. There were little finger sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, chicken wings, chips and dip, fruit, cupcakes, and a pitcher of fruit punch to drink. Normandie had even included a host of British wizarding candies, courtesy of a care package form her dad, among the offerings. She surveyed the little buffet, smiling with satisfaction. Not a bad start. Maybe her schoolmates would bring more dishes to add. Speaking of which, where was everybody? He looked expectantly up the stone path to the castle.

OOC: This RP is open to all Ilvermorny characters. You may play as many as you like, but please distinguish between characters with different colors/fonts. Bringing a dish is encouraged but not required to join the picnic.
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...

Last edited by MadMadamMalfoy; 05-17-2021 at 02:21 PM. Reason: linking bio
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246