sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 426 users online including...
ngbangslace , sweetpinkpixie , lorenepp2 , KevinDag

6 members
420 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Grounds > Herbology


Herbology Enter the greenhouses with care. Keep away from the Venomous Tentacula -- it's teething!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2021, 04:42 PM
Samia Samia is offline
 
Default Herbology Lesson 2

Just as the plants in her greenhouses had withered, so had June Flamsteed. Paler, and thinner - the brunette was waiting for the students at the entrance of the courtyard. Since Greenhouses were off limits - June had been resorted to taking her lesson away from it all, a thing she had mentioned on the noticeboard as well - so no one would wander off.

Eyes fixated on the vines wrapped around the stone eagle sculptures in the middle of the courtyard, June tried to make sense of it all - but the worry on her face was prominent. This was not normal. Not normal at all.

Maybe the students could enlighten her today.


OOC: HELLO! And welcome back to Herbology. Hope you have read the rules, if not - please do so before posting. Class will begin soon <3

Class Progress:
Greetings + Question 1
Discussion + Question 2
The VINES
The VINES YET AGAIN
FIGHT THE VINES
HEAD TO THE LIBRARY


Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,672

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Not going to the greenhouses for class was strange, but at least Professor Flamsteed had been able to figure something else out for them all. Though truthfully... This was another Professor that worried him. Not on the level of being nervous of their actions towards the students, but rather ... Concerned because they seemed sad.

Though no one could have faulted Flamsteed if she was. The whole affair with the greenhouses was sad, and he knew students were upset at all that hard work withering away as well. As not a perspective higher education herbology student, he was fairly unaffected. But he still felt empathetic.

Which was what probably paused him to pause near the Professor before finding a stationary spot. He reached into his bag, pulling out a small individually wrapped chocolate. "Hello, Professor Flamsteed. Looking forward to class. Would you like a chocolate?" And offered it towards her.

He wasn't sure the best ways to show kindness or comfort. But candy certainly made him happy.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine hadn’t been a fan of the way in which her Head of House was changing. She knew it had everything to do with the state of the Greenhouses. Sighing softly, she picked her way across the grounds to the Courtyard. The vines, which the Snakette had come to now strongly dislike, did nothing to improve her dull mood.

“Hi, professor. I brought you this.” It was an origami rose which she had been practicing for the longest while now being extended to the woman. Maya Nam had helped her a great deal but the rose wasn’t one hundred percent perfection. Some of the petals were off their symmetry. The long green stem and leaves looked great though. Maybe Flamsteed would appreciate the effort and help her feel a little better.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

Poor June Flamsteed. Ash knew what it was like to lose something/someone you loved... and she felt sorry for the professor losing all her plants. Ash, although she was pretty good at herbology, was not much of a plant person... yet she could still understand.

She toyed with the piece of paper in her pocket. It seemed that they had all had the same idea... but that was okay. She held out the drawing of the forget-me-not to the professor. "Hi." And then she turned a little bit pink(she wasn't sure if she was helping or hurting, and it showed)... she stood next to the other students there.

Poor herbology students. Poor plants. Poor June Flamsteed.

This was sad.
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Violet was shocked at the way Professor Flamsteed looked--all those dead plants were taking a toll on her! "It's okay, Professor, we'll grow them back again when we get this sorted out," she remarked with forced cheerfulness as she joined the class, trying to project an optimism she didn't feel.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,157

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

So...here was the convoluted thing. Atlas figured that his aunt would feel almost entirely right at home with all the vines. It practically looked like the inside of her flat. At the same time, that unease continued to eat at the Gryffindor's insides...the connection between Bartholomew Henry's words and planting early on in the term feeling partiiiiiiiiiiiicularly convenient. Maybe he could get his aunt to go with the plan to follow the vines to the roots to uproot some?!

It would prove that he paid attention, you know? That he knew the only way to remove weeds and all that was to totally remove all traces of it from the soil. THE ROOTS!

"...hi..." They were kind of cool now, right? She could check his pockets if she wanted. They were empty and had been empty since...well...anyway. No prototypes. "...we...playing untangle the knot?" Meaning the VINES. Atlas was also curious about the results of the water samples...and if anything had been found. But, well, maybe since there had been no news that meant there was nothing conclusive? So far his magical forensics odds were pretty bad. Zero for two. "...or fire?"

Fire got rid of weeds and fire was something he could produce!
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,421

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Bella traversed the grounds over to the courtyard fingering on the seeds in her robe pocket that had arrived with the mornings mail. Maybe planting some bouncing bulbs could cheer her head of house up? It worried Bella how Professor Flamsteed seemed to look paler and thinner by each passing day as the vines took over more and more of the school. It was weird that they weren't having class in the greenhouses, but she understood why. Couldn't they just burn up the vines?

Anyway, as she joined the class Bella plastered on a big smile as she offered the plant seeds towards Professor Flamsteed. "Hi professor Flamsteed! Please cheer up, I got some bouncing bulb seeds from home. They are for you. I hope you want to plant them." Bouncing bulbs made everyone happy right?
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Professor Flamsteed seemed to be having a rough year. The vines were out of control and now they had to class OUTSIDE of the normal location. Sad. Lisa was sad. She loved the Greenhouses.. well more so in the autumn and spring. Winter greenhouse lessons were alright… she just hated to trudge through the snow….

Hi Professaur!! How can I help?” she asked, bouncing over towards her after Atlas and Bella had spoken to her. “I can’t sing too well but I could draw something to cheer you up!” She had become quite good at doodling… not to Remy’s level but it was cute in the chicken scratch-doctor handwriting kind of way.

Maybe she just ought to stick to haikus?

Or better yet! A haiku?
__________________
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:45 AM   #9 (permalink)


DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 11,104

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Misa Couture
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nicolas Couture
Cranville Quincey's Magical Junk Shop
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Misa honestly wasn't upset about the herbology situation. This was a much closer walk and didn't have that earthy smell. But she seemed to be the only one okay with it. The poor Professor looks like she'd lost everything.

"Hello Professor." she greeted softly. She followed the woman's gaze to the statues. Yes. It was a shame that the vines were ruining the art.
__________________
I'll Spend Forever Wondering If You Knew__________________________________

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,909

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

To say that Heath was concerned for Professor Flamsteed’s well-being was a huge understatement! He had never seen her so… down before, not even at the height of Lucien uRosier’s reign of terror. It was awfully concerning. Completely understandable, but still concerning nonetheless. He entered the courtyard to find the professor looking worriedly at the vines, and suddenly a memory came rushing back to him. It was a memory of seeing a similar glumness one the face of her predecessor several terms ago when the lack of magic took its toll on the greenhouse plants.

At the time, he’d been at a loss for how to cheer up Professor Rainwater, but maybe there was something he could do to cheer up Professor Flamsteed. “Hello, Professor Flamsteed,” he greeted with a small smile and a sympathetic look. His voice dropped as he added, “I have something for you.” He reached into his bag to pull out a card with the picture of a plant on the front. He’d originally planned to give it to her closer to the end of the term as a parting gift (along with a potted plant, were it not for the vines), but he thought she could use it now. Inside was a message written in blue ink:

SPOILER!!: Card
Herbology used to be my least favorite subject, but you’ve given me a greater appreciation for it. Thank you, Professor Flamsteed!

- Heathcliff Jones
Class of 2106


Too nervous to stick around long enough to see her reaction, Heath beelined to a spot next to Claudine. “Hi,” he said quietly, greeting the girlfriend with a little smile as he waited for class to begin.
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 02:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Phoebe tiptoed carefully around the vines that were trying to strangle the castle (or at least that poor eagle). It was hard enough on the students to be taking Herbology wherever the professor could manage; she could only imagine how hard it was on the professor. She probably missed her greenhouses.

"Good day, Professor. Looking forward to your lesson." Anything cheerful to make the professor's expression a little less dire.
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 03:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Privet Drive Mod





DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,888

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

These kids were amazing. If June wasn't feeling so weighed down by the dying plants, she might have smiled. She attempted to anyway - especially when Mr Nam and Miss Blaze came forward with pleasant offerings. "Chocolate and a perfect rose! How did I get so lucky?" The brunette smiled and bowed her head gently, appreciating the gesture very much.

Twirling that rose in her fingers, she bit into that chocolate as more students arrived. "Hello" she greeted Miss Fox , Miss Couture and Miss Blackthorne. However, it was Miss Connolly's gesture that made the worry on her face a bit more prominent, "Thank you, dear, I am sure these will turn out lovely when I get to plant them" she added, though her enthusiasm didn't match her words. But at least she as trying.

And it was absolutely frustrating that there was a whole lot of trying and no results. She hated feeling this distracted and clueless about the entire thing, so much so that she had entirely forgotten that it would be best to check Atlas' pockets and bag before the lesson began. Instead as he walked toward her, she simply gave him a small nod in greeting as well as one to Miss James who closely followed him.

Finishing up that chocolate, June tore her eyes away from the sculpture and forcefully tried to pull herself together, especially when Miss Nam tried to cheer her up as well, "That's very kind of you, Miss Nam -- but I am okay." She was not. And she could have faked it all the way through -- if not for Mr Jones. Kind as everyone's gesture was, this one crumbled whatever little composure she had inside. Reading the note inside warmed her heart greatly and it showed. Speechless, the brunette simply placed a gentle hand on the young man's shoulder and gave it a squeeze, "Thank you, Mr Jones - it has been a pleasure teaching you as well"

Before she was completely compromised and that awful dust had tears roll down her cheeks, she moved to began the lesson.

"Thank you everyone for being so kind and thoughtful today. It is true, the state of the greenhouses, the dying plants as well as these uncontrollable vines has not only left me but all the professors quite worried. These vines are not known to act the way they are right now" she stated, sighing softly, "And we are trying our best to figure out what is making them act this way."

"So, given the circumstances, I would like to know what do you think is happening? Why are these vines acting the way they are?" No answer was wrong. All theories were welcome. They needed to figure this stuff out.


OOC: Thank you for having such beautiful characters, guys <3 June and I appreciate them SO SO MUCH. First question is up!
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,157

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

So...that was a no on the knot thing and another no on the fire then? To be honest, Atlas was more disappointed about the lack of fire even if he had been preaching his other theory almost all term. Fire he COULD actually produce from his wand, for better or worse.

Usually worse.

And while he was all begrudgingly for (she was still a house betrayer!) cheering his aunt up, all the kumbaya was sort of causing his skin to itch. He wouldn't be surprised if he had bumps and red patches, especially after Lisa offered to serenade the Herbology professor.

His heart lurched a bit at the appearance of Phoebe James, she would see the error of her ways and choice of Gryffindor some day and come back, but soon his attention was brought back Professor Flamsteed as discussion kicked off.

And, WELL, there were questions. And an answer. But also questions.

So UP went his hand.

"Invasive species." Which seemed abundantly obvious to him and it had to be carried from SOMEWHERE. "Invasive species that popped up sometime after the whole beautifying Hogwarts hullabaloo."

Yes.

Hullabaloo.

"...so...something must have sneaked in with all those things we were planting."

Hullabaloo.

It was why he wanted to follow the vines and untangle the knots and maze of roots to see if they could follow it all the way back somewhere. Though, as had been pointed out by Professor Kazmi, the entanglement was a lot so...may be virtual impossible. But he ALSO was saying these things in defense of his aunt...because he would smite anyone who tried to pin any of this on her.

SMITE.

WITH FIYAH.

"But Au---professor...you said THESE vines," he pointed out...with some actual pointing at his aunt. She ought to know! She had vines covering her place! "That means you know the species of vine and its acting...not how it should be, right?"

His eyes were all kinds of wide and hopeful.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:33 AM   #14 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,672

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

It was really nice to see how so many of them were trying to cheer up Professor Flamsteed. The relationships and trust between students and professors had.. looked and felt rough for awhile. Not that all of them had even been deserving of the distrust. Seeing so many of them now showing empathy... It gave him hope.

And the fact the beginning of the lesson was focusing on the vines as well. Hearing Atlas mention invasive species, he nodded his head in agreement. The beautification lined up too, considering the greenhouses, and the lake. He probably should check the pathways at some point too to see what the area looked like, since they'd planted there as well.

What was most curious to him though was how quickly they were growing. And how they were now seeming to target students. It was like devil's snare, but without the benefit (as it would be for them) of being scared of light. Which... Light. He raised his hand, "I agree with Atlas. I don't have any idea what the type of plant is, but it seems like it's suffocating all the others that were planted around them. What I don't understand though and what concerns me, is the glowing. Is that a sign of some type of radioactivity? Or a curse or something? And maybe that's what's creating the gas?"

It was just musing out loud.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #15 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,421

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
However, it was Miss Connolly's gesture that made the worry on her face a bit more prominent, "Thank you, dear, I am sure these will turn out lovely when I get to plant them" she added, though her enthusiasm didn't match her words. But at least she as trying.

Before she was completely compromised and that awful dust had tears roll down her cheeks, she moved to began the lesson.

"Thank you everyone for being so kind and thoughtful today. It is true, the state of the greenhouses, the dying plants as well as these uncontrollable vines has not only left me but all the professors quite worried. These vines are not known to act the way they are right now" she stated, sighing softly, "And we are trying our best to figure out what is making them act this way."

"So, given the circumstances, I would like to know what do you think is happening? Why are these vines acting the way they are?" No answer was wrong. All theories were welcome. They needed to figure this stuff out.
Oh dear! Maybe Bella shouldn't have brought the seeds after all? It seemed that her seeds only made her head of house more sad. Oh well it was too late to take her gift back now. Bella saw the tears in Professor June's eyes but chose wisely to not say anything about it when she raised her hand to answer the first question. "These vines seems a work of something evil since they suffocate and suck out the life force from the plants around them so they dry and die. Could that weird luny healer Poppy have left that to destroy Hogwarts?" Bella pondered. "Maybe the glowing that Evan mentioned is an indication that it's a nocturnal plant that gets stronger at night when we all sleep and that's why we wake up to more wines everywhere?" If they slept they couldn't fight the vines back, but these were just ideas. Bella had honestly didn't know more than anyone else. She did know that that they had to do something or maybe they wouldn't have a castle soon.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 05:57 PM   #16 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
"I agree with Atlas. I don't have any idea what the type of plant is, but it seems like it's suffocating all the others that were planted around them. What I don't understand though and what concerns me, is the glowing. Is that a sign of some type of radioactivity? Or a curse or something? And maybe that's what's creating the gas?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
"These vines seems a work of something evil since they suffocate and suck out the life force from the plants around them so they dry and die. Could that weird luny healer Poppy have left that to destroy Hogwarts?"
"I agree, I think it is some sort of baneful magic causing this and not just an accident. But I don't think it's left over from Poppy, I think one of the people who were here for that beautification project did it, maybe more than one. There were lots of outsiders here that day and and we all split into groups, some people could easily have slipped away and done something." Violet didn't want to add what she was really thinking, that the strange plants appeared right after their own Board of Governors had paid them a visit and it was probably one or more of those unpleasant people who were behind all this.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

It was nice the way everyone tried to cheer Flamsteed up in their own way. At least the woman thought that the rose was perfect and genuinely seemed to like it; that was a relief. Lisa especially made Claudine smile. That little Ravenclaw was always so enthusiastic about everything. She gazed around as Heath came up beside her. “Hi, you.” Thankfully none of the vines had caused him injury on the way here it seemed.

When Flamsteed spoke of the vines, the Snakette could not help but glare are the ones milling about. To think that she had actually adored them before; they were a menace. Claudine was inclined to agree with Atlas, Evan, Bella and Violet. Her first thought had been that the vines had been compromised somehow. “My first thought was that they were somehow compromised by or infused with dark magic,’’ Claudine volunteered simply.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Phoebe honestly didn't want to talk or think about the vines, but since it seemed like that was the only thing that was going to make Professor Flamsteed happy... She sighed heavily and cast a dark look at the vines. Stupid old things.

"Is it possible that there were seeds that were just dormant all this time and they got all... imbued with magic over the years, and something woke them up? Maybe we woke them up somehow. We're always doing dumb things. Blasting spells wrong and dumping bad potions down the drain. Maybe we created mutant vines out of our own stupidity?"
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

OOOH, were they going to be learning more about these vines?? HM. She just found the vines terribly annoying but didn't give it any more thought.. and she probably should have. Because it was so weird how they were literally everywhere. Umm.

"Maybe they want to take over the castle, professor!!" Not exactly helpful, oooops.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

Ash drew on her arm and looked away from the others. They were all sad, and that made her hand, and... ugh. She made sure to include pretty flowers in her drawing. The same flowers as the one in the picture she gave to the professor(she really liked them ok, it wasn’t copying if she made the original work).

”Well, the vines seem to be an invasive species. They’re also like the animal with lots of heads that grow back- have you tried burning them yet?- and they’ve been either taking resources from the other plants or directly harming them. There’s also the gas... they might be badly harming us soon.” And the vines... she was pretty sure they were tripping her on purpose or something. They were there, you got rid of them, they came back and wrapped around your leg while you were standing still.

Creepy.

“Maybe they were engineered and then somebody really mean put them here. Dunno why. Are they the same vines that you had before?”
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,909

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

For one fleeting moment, Heath worried he’d made a mistake by giving Professor Flamsteed her card now. Had he been too forward? Maybe he shouldn’t have given it to her in front of so many people! Just when he was really starting to get nervous, he felt her squeeze his shoulder. He blinked, unsure how to react, and he noticed her struggling to maintain her composure. Did he do that? At a loss for words, he replied with a nod and a soft smile.

There was another smile for Claudine as she greeted him, but before he could say anything else to her, the lesson began. Hearing the question, his eyes automatically flicked toward the vines, and the wheels in his mind began turning. Since nobody, including the herbology professor, seemed to know what these vines were, it was probably a new kind of plant. Maybe a hybrid of some kind? Then a thought occurred to him. Could these vines be related to Devil’s Snare? They behaved somewhat similarly.

Listening to his classmates’ answers took his thoughts in a slightly different direction. After some careful consideration, he raised his hand and said, “I agree with Violet. It can’t be a coincidence that these vines appeared only after the Board of Governors’ decorating project, which means either someone tricked them into bringing the vines here or…” His voice trailed off before he could finish that sentence. Somehow he didn’t think it would go over well if he brought up the possibility that someone on the Board was in on this. “Never mind,” he continued, trying to change the subject. “I think these vines are a hybrid species of some sort, possibly related to Devil’s Snare.”
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Privet Drive Mod





DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,888

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
So...that was a no on the knot thing and another no on the fire then? To be honest, Atlas was more disappointed about the lack of fire even if he had been preaching his other theory almost all term. Fire he COULD actually produce from his wand, for better or worse.

Usually worse.

And while he was all begrudgingly for (she was still a house betrayer!) cheering his aunt up, all the kumbaya was sort of causing his skin to itch. He wouldn't be surprised if he had bumps and red patches, especially after Lisa offered to serenade the Herbology professor.

His heart lurched a bit at the appearance of Phoebe James, she would see the error of her ways and choice of Gryffindor some day and come back, but soon his attention was brought back Professor Flamsteed as discussion kicked off.

And, WELL, there were questions. And an answer. But also questions.

So UP went his hand.

"Invasive species." Which seemed abundantly obvious to him and it had to be carried from SOMEWHERE. "Invasive species that popped up sometime after the whole beautifying Hogwarts hullabaloo."

Yes.

Hullabaloo.

"...so...something must have sneaked in with all those things we were planting."

Hullabaloo.

It was why he wanted to follow the vines and untangle the knots and maze of roots to see if they could follow it all the way back somewhere. Though, as had been pointed out by Professor Kazmi, the entanglement was a lot so...may be virtual impossible. But he ALSO was saying these things in defense of his aunt...because he would smite anyone who tried to pin any of this on her.

SMITE.

WITH FIYAH.

"But Au---professor...you said THESE vines," he pointed out...with some actual pointing at his aunt. She ought to know! She had vines covering her place! "That means you know the species of vine and its acting...not how it should be, right?"

His eyes were all kinds of wide and hopeful.
Atlas continued to surprise her, did he know? She should probably let him know this one of these days - when he wasn't stinking up her class with dung bombs, that is.

Nodding with a small smile for now, however, June clasped her hands together at the back and paced back and forth, considering his theory, "It is really curious - the timing of it all, so it is certainly plausible that something sneaked in during that time" But the question remained - what was it?

"I do, and they are the common kind - but they are not acting like them at all, I have never known any vines - who flourish while other plants around them die,"she added, her tone heavy and concerned all at the same time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
It was really nice to see how so many of them were trying to cheer up Professor Flamsteed. The relationships and trust between students and professors had.. looked and felt rough for awhile. Not that all of them had even been deserving of the distrust. Seeing so many of them now showing empathy... It gave him hope.

And the fact the beginning of the lesson was focusing on the vines as well. Hearing Atlas mention invasive species, he nodded his head in agreement. The beautification lined up too, considering the greenhouses, and the lake. He probably should check the pathways at some point too to see what the area looked like, since they'd planted there as well.

What was most curious to him though was how quickly they were growing. And how they were now seeming to target students. It was like devil's snare, but without the benefit (as it would be for them) of being scared of light. Which... Light. He raised his hand, "I agree with Atlas. I don't have any idea what the type of plant is, but it seems like it's suffocating all the others that were planted around them. What I don't understand though and what concerns me, is the glowing. Is that a sign of some type of radioactivity? Or a curse or something? And maybe that's what's creating the gas?"

It was just musing out loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Oh dear! Maybe Bella shouldn't have brought the seeds after all? It seemed that her seeds only made her head of house more sad. Oh well it was too late to take her gift back now. Bella saw the tears in Professor June's eyes but chose wisely to not say anything about it when she raised her hand to answer the first question. "These vines seems a work of something evil since they suffocate and suck out the life force from the plants around them so they dry and die. Could that weird luny healer Poppy have left that to destroy Hogwarts?" Bella pondered. "Maybe the glowing that Evan mentioned is an indication that it's a nocturnal plant that gets stronger at night when we all sleep and that's why we wake up to more wines everywhere?" If they slept they couldn't fight the vines back, but these were just ideas. Bella had honestly didn't know more than anyone else. She did know that that they had to do something or maybe they wouldn't have a castle soon.
It was interesting to see how well they were bouncing off each other's answers, it was certainly why she had opted to have this discussion - that and the fact all her lesson plans had been ruined due to the shut down of the greenhouses.

But while Mr Nam's pointed observation of the 'glowing vines' was something June wanted to focus on, Miss Connolly's accusation of Healer Poppy made her chuckle. "I don't think this is anyone's doing, no matter how dangerous the plant may seem or is - see we have all kinds of plants, including the predatory kind - so while Atlas' theory is the most plausible, I don't think -- or well, I really hope this isn't someone's doing"

"But yes, both of you make an excellent point about the 'glowing' - maybe that is something we need to focus on to figure out these vines"


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"I agree, I think it is some sort of baneful magic causing this and not just an accident. But I don't think it's left over from Poppy, I think one of the people who were here for that beautification project did it, maybe more than one. There were lots of outsiders here that day and and we all split into groups, some people could easily have slipped away and done something." Violet didn't want to add what she was really thinking, that the strange plants appeared right after their own Board of Governors had paid them a visit and it was probably one or more of those unpleasant people who were behind all this.
....June stared at Miss Blackthorne. Did they have a conspiracy theorist in their midst? Or was she really onto something here? Not wanting to limit her brainstorming, June didn't stop her - but that did not mean she agreed with the girl.

"I would like you to stay on the nature of the vines, Miss Blackthorne - since this is a herbology class, and not a conspiracy discussion on who did what"


Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
It was nice the way everyone tried to cheer Flamsteed up in their own way. At least the woman thought that the rose was perfect and genuinely seemed to like it; that was a relief. Lisa especially made Claudine smile. That little Ravenclaw was always so enthusiastic about everything. She gazed around as Heath came up beside her. “Hi, you.” Thankfully none of the vines had caused him injury on the way here it seemed.

When Flamsteed spoke of the vines, the Snakette could not help but glare are the ones milling about. To think that she had actually adored them before; they were a menace. Claudine was inclined to agree with Atlas, Evan, Bella and Violet. Her first thought had been that the vines had been compromised somehow. “My first thought was that they were somehow compromised by or infused with dark magic,’’ Claudine volunteered simply.
Nodding, June gave the vines another glance - were they growing while they were having this discission? Could they sense their unease? She hated how uncomfortable they made her.

"I can't be sure if it is dark magic -- because with dark magic, the intent feels different. The energy ... feels different. Or maybe they haven't reached their full growth yet to impose harm" she mused, and wondered at the same time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Phoebe honestly didn't want to talk or think about the vines, but since it seemed like that was the only thing that was going to make Professor Flamsteed happy... She sighed heavily and cast a dark look at the vines. Stupid old things.

"Is it possible that there were seeds that were just dormant all this time and they got all... imbued with magic over the years, and something woke them up? Maybe we woke them up somehow. We're always doing dumb things. Blasting spells wrong and dumping bad potions down the drain. Maybe we created mutant vines out of our own stupidity?"
June nodded - because yes, that was certainly something that could happen. "It is a likely theory, Miss James. But there are safety spells and enchantments in place to prevent that kind of stuff"A thing that was certainly needed when you had a space filled with underage wizards practicing magic most of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
OOOH, were they going to be learning more about these vines?? HM. She just found the vines terribly annoying but didn't give it any more thought.. and she probably should have. Because it was so weird how they were literally everywhere. Umm.

"Maybe they want to take over the castle, professor!!" Not exactly helpful, oooops.
Nope, it was not helpful at all.

But she nodded. "At the rate they are going, it certainly looks like they do want to take over the school, so you are not wrong there, Miss Nichols"


Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash drew on her arm and looked away from the others. They were all sad, and that made her hand, and... ugh. She made sure to include pretty flowers in her drawing. The same flowers as the one in the picture she gave to the professor(she really liked them ok, it wasn’t copying if she made the original work).

”Well, the vines seem to be an invasive species. They’re also like the animal with lots of heads that grow back- have you tried burning them yet?- and they’ve been either taking resources from the other plants or directly harming them. There’s also the gas... they might be badly harming us soon.” And the vines... she was pretty sure they were tripping her on purpose or something. They were there, you got rid of them, they came back and wrapped around your leg while you were standing still.

Creepy.

“Maybe they were engineered and then somebody really mean put them here. Dunno why. Are they the same vines that you had before?”
June wasn't sure if Miss Fox's answer was relevant or not. She had listed all the things they already knew - but had not really offered an explanation as to why this may be happening.

"I'll repeat what I said to Miss Blackthorne - we are not discussing who did what, we are simply trying to figure out the nature of these vines. So let's stay on that, shall we?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
For one fleeting moment, Heath worried he’d made a mistake by giving Professor Flamsteed her card now. Had he been too forward? Maybe he shouldn’t have given it to her in front of so many people! Just when he was really starting to get nervous, he felt her squeeze his shoulder. He blinked, unsure how to react, and he noticed her struggling to maintain her composure. Did he do that? At a loss for words, he replied with a nod and a soft smile.

There was another smile for Claudine as she greeted him, but before he could say anything else to her, the lesson began. Hearing the question, his eyes automatically flicked toward the vines, and the wheels in his mind began turning. Since nobody, including the herbology professor, seemed to know what these vines were, it was probably a new kind of plant. Maybe a hybrid of some kind? Then a thought occurred to him. Could these vines be related to Devil’s Snare? They behaved somewhat similarly.

Listening to his classmates’ answers took his thoughts in a slightly different direction. After some careful consideration, he raised his hand and said, “I agree with Violet. It can’t be a coincidence that these vines appeared only after the Board of Governors’ decorating project, which means either someone tricked them into bringing the vines here or…” His voice trailed off before he could finish that sentence. Somehow he didn’t think it would go over well if he brought up the possibility that someone on the Board was in on this. “Never mind,” he continued, trying to change the subject. “I think these vines are a hybrid species of some sort, possibly related to Devil’s Snare.”
Seemed like Mr Jones was listening, so she simply nodded before moving on.

"I think you all have made some excellent points. These vines do feel like they are mutant in nature, with an intent to invade as much as possible - I also think they are not likely to stop unless we intervene," she stated, her clasped hands at the back itching to reach out for the vine that she could see moving from the corner of her eye, wrapping itself tightly around a column. But she controlled herself.

"So, how do you propose we put a stop it? How do you think we can -- " she paused to clear her throat, clearly unable to say it, "-- put an end to them?"
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

There were so many possibilities when it came to these pesky vines. Claudine gazed around at them without an ounce of pity for them. Obviously they liked it here at Hogwarts. Or they liked the people. Or both. Regardless, they were such a nuisance. Even those darn flowers that were so pretty. But how to get rid of them permanently? Severing them did not work.

Truthfully, Claudine wasn’t sure how they could get rid of the things for good. If she - or anyone else - knew then surely it would have been suggested long before this lesson? Her thoughts flitted to fire but would that be practical? Just imagine the amount of fires they would have around the Castle. “Stunning them, perhaps? Then um… putting them in a huge pile and…’’ Claudine hesitated, not wanting to upset Flamsteed even more. “Setting them on fire.”
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

She had offered Professor Flamsteed a smile and was about to say that her offer would still stand later; however, future teenager Lisa would not have liked that so she kept quiet… She really hoped she was okay. Her eyes flicked to Phoebe as she watched her interaction with the Professor with eyes as wide as saucers. A moment later, she shifted her gaze to Atlas and then she quickly cast them forward back to Professor Flamsteed. Lisa didn’t want to cause any green eyed monsters to come out so she couldn’t admire him too too much… Ahem..

Lisa wasn’t entirely sure about the vines. They were pesky for sure but…. She did freeze when Valentina mentioned that the vines were going to take over the school and her mind went hurdling down a very scary rabbit hole. She shivered. How do they stop the vines? With wide eyes once more, she turned to look at Claudine as she proposed a potential solution… Did she say …. Fire?

Is it possible to use a potion on them? Like a Muggle pesticide?” That could control them maybe? But that could also harm the other plants….. She bit her lip.
__________________
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 03:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

Ash hated to be the one to mention fire, and she also hated to be repetitive. So she mostly just shifted uncomfortably. "Um, I agree with Claudine. Fire might make them unable to grow back, I don't know. In any case, it would probably take them out quickly."

Which was her very nice way of saying let's burn them all into ashes, goodbye. But she wasn't going to say that out LOUD. Because then people would judge her, maybe.
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213