sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 207 users online including...
Aparna Singh , Tegz , Holmesian Feline , Daemon , GD2204 , Cynthia Logan , Goblinfrog , PhoenixRising

12 members
195 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts > Grounds

Grounds Have a case of cabin fever? Then go see the groundskeeper, hang out by the lake, or explore the expansive school grounds.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:49 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Courtyard


The Courtyard is where the students spend their time between lessons if they’re not in their Common Room or the Great Hall. Its architecture reveals the Courtyard to be one of the oldest parts of the castle. It connects the castle with the Grounds and also leads to the Wooden Bridge. In between classes, the Courtyard is usually filled with students enjoying some sun before heading back into the castle again. Whether you choose to occupy one of the many stone benches or enjoy a picnic in the warm lush grass, the Courtyard is the perfect place to relax with your friends from all houses.

In the middle of the Courtyard stands an antique ceramic fountain, perfect for admiring your own reflection or making wishes at. Be aware that once your coin has been tossed into the water, you may never get it back as it will continue to sink. Be careful not to fall in as an attempt of retrieving it, the staff does not usually fancy a swim in the fountain to fetch little students.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,158

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Torii Stark
Fourth Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Well, the courtyard should be a safe place to go. Or, she figured it would be. Then again, she didn't think the staircases would be unsafe, but they'd started moving on her and wouldn't stop. She felt so alone and so out of place at her new school. She still didn't know anybody, and she missed America and Ilvermorny. Most of all, she missed her mom and dad. It felt like a lifetime ago since she'd last seen them.

Sigh.

Torii sat down on an empty bench and stared out toward the fountain. She could so easily lost in her thoughts here. She drifted away to a time when there were so many things she took for granted. She just assumed life as she knew it would always be the same. She pictured herself being back at Ilvermorny instead of Hogwarts. She still secretly resented her new school. She hadn't wanted it. There was literally nothing about her life that was the same anymore.
__________________
________________________________________@toriixoxostark

Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Imp
 
GD2204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 403

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ewan George Jones
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Delyth Louise Dominique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Well, the courtyard should be a safe place to go. Or, she figured it would be. Then again, she didn't think the staircases would be unsafe, but they'd started moving on her and wouldn't stop. She felt so alone and so out of place at her new school. She still didn't know anybody, and she missed America and Ilvermorny. Most of all, she missed her mom and dad. It felt like a lifetime ago since she'd last seen them.

Sigh.

Torii sat down on an empty bench and stared out toward the fountain. She could so easily lost in her thoughts here. She drifted away to a time when there were so many things she took for granted. She just assumed life as she knew it would always be the same. She pictured herself being back at Ilvermorny instead of Hogwarts. She still secretly resented her new school. She hadn't wanted it. There was literally nothing about her life that was the same anymore.
"Breath. In. Out. In. Out." Jogging around the castle was one of his favourite things to do in the morning. The grass was always covered in dew and the sound of silence was almost deafening. And also, no one could see his red splotchy face as he ran because let’s face it, who wants to be seen when they look like a tomato covered in sweat. As he entered the courtyard, Ewan’s eyes couldn’t help but be instantly drawn towards… someone else and not just anyone else. A girl! WHAT!

Jogging past, he couldn’t help but stare, half embarrassed, half curious as to who had caught him in this state. That was until his eyes took in the expression on her face. Hurt? Sad? Annoyed? He really wasn’t good at judging people’s facial expressions. As much as he wanted to know what was wrong with this mystery girl, there was no way he was stopping to find out…

*THUMP!*

*Somehow manages to fall over one of the other benches and lands in a heap*

Aha! Jheeze. Stupid bench. Stupid school. Who puts a bench here!”
__________________
GD2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:34 AM   #4 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,158

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Torii Stark
Fourth Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: GD2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
"Breath. In. Out. In. Out." Jogging around the castle was one of his favourite things to do in the morning. The grass was always covered in dew and the sound of silence was almost deafening. And also, no one could see his red splotchy face as he ran because let’s face it, who wants to be seen when they look like a tomato covered in sweat. As he entered the courtyard, Ewan’s eyes couldn’t help but be instantly drawn towards… someone else and not just anyone else. A girl! WHAT!

Jogging past, he couldn’t help but stare, half embarrassed, half curious as to who had caught him in this state. That was until his eyes took in the expression on her face. Hurt? Sad? Annoyed? He really wasn’t good at judging people’s facial expressions. As much as he wanted to know what was wrong with this mystery girl, there was no way he was stopping to find out…

*THUMP!*

*Somehow manages to fall over one of the other benches and lands in a heap*

Aha! Jheeze. Stupid bench. Stupid school. Who puts a bench here!”


Torii hadn't been expecting any company. Actually, she didn't know what she expected, but it hadn't been the events that were about to unfold. She heard the boy coming before she saw him. She turned toward him. Why? Well, mainly because she still had zero trust in this school, knew nobody, and had her guards up. As soon as she met his gaze, her eyebrows furrowed inward. "What on earth happened to you?" she asked. Was he hurt? Running from something? Recovering from a near drowning experience?

When he and the bench ended up colliding with one another, Torii instinctively jumped out the way and stepped a foot or so to the side. Who had put the bench there? Erm? She didn't know, but it wasn't invisible or anything, so it wasn't really that hard to miss. "Are you okay?" she asked, going to his side and looking down at him. She reached toward his hand and made an effort to pull him up.
__________________
________________________________________@toriixoxostark

Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Imp
 
GD2204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 403

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ewan George Jones
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Delyth Louise Dominique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Torii hadn't been expecting any company. Actually, she didn't know what she expected, but it hadn't been the events that were about to unfold. She heard the boy coming before she saw him. She turned toward him. Why? Well, mainly because she still had zero trust in this school, knew nobody, and had her guards up. As soon as she met his gaze, her eyebrows furrowed inward. "What on earth happened to you?" she asked. Was he hurt? Running from something? Recovering from a near drowning experience?

When he and the bench ended up colliding with one another, Torii instinctively jumped out the way and stepped a foot or so to the side. Who had put the bench there? Erm? She didn't know, but it wasn't invisible or anything, so it wasn't really that hard to miss. "Are you okay?" she asked, going to his side and looking down at him. She reached toward his hand and made an effort to pull him up.
Ewan honestly didn’t see the bench he’d been taken off guard so much by the presence of another student. Trying to put the fact that he’d just perfectly performed a perfect 10/10 dive over the bench like an idiot, he started to correct himself, slightly mortified that he needed help from some random girl. “Nothing happened to me” he replied, slightly taken aback that she assumed something bad had happened. “Have you never heard of jogging? I go every morning”, Ewan continued, now back on his feet, looking down at the girl in front of him, a somewhat perplexed expression on his face.

“Anyway, what are you doing here this early?” somewhat suspicious that she was here…alone…this early…not doing anything in particular. What reason could she possibly have for being here at this time unless she was doing something that she didn’t want anyone else to see? Peering around now, doing his best impression of a Meerkat on two legs, he regarded everything around the girl, looking for any sign that she was doing something she wasn’t supposed to be. Not that he cared mind.

Finally, happy that there seemed to be nothing wrong here, he held out his hand, a sheepish smile now appearing across his face “Sorry about that, I’m Ewan. I didn't mean to fall over you”
__________________
GD2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:51 AM   #6 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,158

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Torii Stark
Fourth Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Ewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Ewan honestly didn’t see the bench he’d been taken off guard so much by the presence of another student. Trying to put the fact that he’d just perfectly performed a perfect 10/10 dive over the bench like an idiot, he started to correct himself, slightly mortified that he needed help from some random girl. “Nothing happened to me” he replied, slightly taken aback that she assumed something bad had happened. “Have you never heard of jogging? I go every morning”, Ewan continued, now back on his feet, looking down at the girl in front of him, a somewhat perplexed expression on his face.

“Anyway, what are you doing here this early?” somewhat suspicious that she was here…alone…this early…not doing anything in particular. What reason could she possibly have for being here at this time unless she was doing something that she didn’t want anyone else to see? Peering around now, doing his best impression of a Meerkat on two legs, he regarded everything around the girl, looking for any sign that she was doing something she wasn’t supposed to be. Not that he cared mind.

Finally, happy that there seemed to be nothing wrong here, he held out his hand, a sheepish smile now appearing across his face “Sorry about that, I’m Ewan. I didn't mean to fall over you”


Torii was a little taken aback by the boy's first response. Well, excuuuuuse her. The next time somebody walked by breathing heavily, red in the face, and tripping over everyday objects, she'd just ignore them and walk on by. How did that sound, Jogger Boy? "Yes. I've heard of jogging," she said, trying not to sound too annoyed.

So what was she doing here so early? I'm mourning over my dead parents and my unexpected move to this school I neither wanted nor asked for. "It's peaceful out here in the mornings," she said instead. She hadn't opened up to anybody yet about why she'd moved here, and she wasn't sure when she was ready to do so. It definitely wasn't now, though.

The conversation relaxed, though, when he apologized about falling over her. Torii managed a very small smile. "It's okay. We'll forget it ever happened, alright?" Ewan was his name. Hmm. "I'm Torii."
__________________
________________________________________@toriixoxostark

Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Imp
 
GD2204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 403

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ewan George Jones
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Delyth Louise Dominique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Torii was a little taken aback by the boy's first response. Well, excuuuuuse her. The next time somebody walked by breathing heavily, red in the face, and tripping over everyday objects, she'd just ignore them and walk on by. How did that sound, Jogger Boy? "Yes. I've heard of jogging," she said, trying not to sound too annoyed.

So what was she doing here so early? I'm mourning over my dead parents and my unexpected move to this school I neither wanted nor asked for. "It's peaceful out here in the mornings," she said instead. She hadn't opened up to anybody yet about why she'd moved here, and she wasn't sure when she was ready to do so. It definitely wasn't now, though.

The conversation relaxed, though, when he apologized about falling over her. Torii managed a very small smile. "It's okay. We'll forget it ever happened, alright?" Ewan was his name. Hmm. "I'm Torii."
Ewan couldn’t help but innocently smile at her first response. He didn’t really mean it as some type of…uh…insult? No. He’d never insult a stranger for no reason. I guess not expecting to see someone does that to you. Not with an accent anyway. People like that were waaaaaay to interesting not to get along with. “So where are you from? You don’t quite sound like you’re from around here” a friendly smile appearing across his face now in an attempt to show her that he could in fact be friendly when he wasn’t tripping over objects. Besides, he himself had an accent, being from Wales, so she couldn’t find that insulting. Right?


Aha, so she was here for the peace and quiet and he’d just bulldozed right through it “sorry about that, I wasn’t really expecting anyone to be here. That’s kind of why I run through” his mind wandering to all of the facial expressions and heavy breathing he does when he’s running. He hoped to God she hadn’t seen one of them. “You know, if you want to be alone, there are plenty of better places to be?” one room in particular came to mind that sat across from a tapestry.

With a slightly relieved expression, he jumped on the opportunity to put this behind him. Waaaaaaaaaay behind him. Like back in London behind him. “Yes! Can we please forget I almost took you out?” a sheepish look on his face as he ran his hand through his hair. Brushing the dirt off of his shorts, he briefly examined his legs, searching for the exact spot that was giving him a little jip. “Huh” was the only word that left his mouth as a red splotch covered his right leg. I guess jogging was off the menu until he could get to the hospital wing. Moving his right leg behind his left, somewhat inconspicuously, he replied "Hi Torii, it's nice to almost wipe you out".
__________________
GD2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:02 AM   #8 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,158

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Torii Stark
Fourth Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: GD2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Ewan couldn’t help but innocently smile at her first response. He didn’t really mean it as some type of…uh…insult? No. He’d never insult a stranger for no reason. I guess not expecting to see someone does that to you. Not with an accent anyway. People like that were waaaaaay to interesting not to get along with. “So where are you from? You don’t quite sound like you’re from around here” a friendly smile appearing across his face now in an attempt to show her that he could in fact be friendly when he wasn’t tripping over objects. Besides, he himself had an accent, being from Wales, so she couldn’t find that insulting. Right?

Aha, so she was here for the peace and quiet and he’d just bulldozed right through it “sorry about that, I wasn’t really expecting anyone to be here. That’s kind of why I run through” his mind wandering to all of the facial expressions and heavy breathing he does when he’s running. He hoped to God she hadn’t seen one of them. “You know, if you want to be alone, there are plenty of better places to be?” one room in particular came to mind that sat across from a tapestry.

With a slightly relieved expression, he jumped on the opportunity to put this behind him. Waaaaaaaaaay behind him. Like back in London behind him. “Yes! Can we please forget I almost took you out?” a sheepish look on his face as he ran his hand through his hair. Brushing the dirt off of his shorts, he briefly examined his legs, searching for the exact spot that was giving him a little jip. “Huh” was the only word that left his mouth as a red splotch covered his right leg. I guess jogging was off the menu until he could get to the hospital wing. Moving his right leg behind his left, somewhat inconspicuously, he replied "Hi Torii, it's nice to almost wipe you out".


...and there was the question. The one that snuck up on her every once in a while and reminded her that she was far away from home. Would she ever get to see home again? Would she ever even see America again? This was all still so unfair! "America," she answered. "I'm from West Lake Tahoe, California." She managed a smile at the very mention of her home. "I've been at Ilvermorny for my first three years of magical schooling." Her wonderful school that she missed so very much.

She had to give a light laugh at his next comment. "It's okay. Now that I know you're okay, I have to admit that it was kind of funny," she said, hoping he didn't find offense in that. "Oh?" she asked, when the conversation changed to a place he was thinking of where a person could just be alone. "Where at?" And was he giving away his secret place? It wouldn't be very secretive if she started going there, too. She was curious about this place, though.

She did notice the way he looked down at his leg. "Look, if you need to get back to jogging, go right on ahead. I've got some peace and quiet to get to anyway," she said with another laugh. He didn't look like he needed help, so she was pretty sure he didn't need her to stick around.
__________________
________________________________________@toriixoxostark

Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Gnome
 
awakemysoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GMT -8 #PNW
Posts: 346

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Benjamin "Benji" Park
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore "Bear" Ronstadt
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
(づ。◕ヮ◕。)づ ❤ cuddles please ❤

Benji made his way out to the courtyard, yawning and rubbing his eyes. It had been a long day of classes, but he was thankful that the weekend was officially upon him. The only thing that could make it better was his girlfriend... it seemed like forever since he’d seen her. She was so busy being a fifth year and studying for OWLs and whatnot, and he had his own academic endeavors. Truthfully, though, he was getting tired of only seeing her in brief bursts. That’s why he had slipped a note to her asking to meet in the courtyard this afternoon. He couldn’t wait any longer!! He was definitely sleepy, but love trumped tired every time. So... he parked himself on a bench, leaning up against the castle wall and yawning one more time and hoping that Penny would be out here soooooon!!
__________________
awakemysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)


DMT
Demiguise
 
Erindipity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Greendale (EST)
Posts: 24,205

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Penny Lane Goodman
Fifth Year

x8

Diagon Alley Employee:
Simon Stackton
Daily Prophet
Default
Obscured Demiguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakemysoul View Post
Benji made his way out to the courtyard, yawning and rubbing his eyes. It had been a long day of classes, but he was thankful that the weekend was officially upon him. The only thing that could make it better was his girlfriend... it seemed like forever since he’d seen her. She was so busy being a fifth year and studying for OWLs and whatnot, and he had his own academic endeavors. Truthfully, though, he was getting tired of only seeing her in brief bursts. That’s why he had slipped a note to her asking to meet in the courtyard this afternoon. He couldn’t wait any longer!! He was definitely sleepy, but love trumped tired every time. So... he parked himself on a bench, leaning up against the castle wall and yawning one more time and hoping that Penny would be out here soooooon!!
OWLs preparation was definitely taking a lot out of Penny, and also keeping her away from her love. LOVE. Had they said that to one another, yet? No. But did she think this was what that was? Yep. You betcha.

After getting his note the Hufflepuff bundled up and cast some warming charms before heading out, a smile on her face. She was welcoming a break from the endless study sessions, really. And also berating herself for not having made more time for him to begin with. Upon seeing her Ravenclaw she picked up her pace a bit and made a beeline for him. "Benji! Hey! Am I late?"
__________________


Erindipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Gnome
 
awakemysoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GMT -8 #PNW
Posts: 346

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Benjamin "Benji" Park
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore "Bear" Ronstadt
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Forgive my phone post mistakes! :)
(づ。◕ヮ◕。)づ ❤ cuddles please ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erindipity View Post
OWLs preparation was definitely taking a lot out of Penny, and also keeping her away from her love. LOVE. Had they said that to one another, yet? No. But did she think this was what that was? Yep. You betcha.

After getting his note the Hufflepuff bundled up and cast some warming charms before heading out, a smile on her face. She was welcoming a break from the endless study sessions, really. And also berating herself for not having made more time for him to begin with. Upon seeing her Ravenclaw she picked up her pace a bit and made a beeline for him. "Benji! Hey! Am I late?"
Benji’s eyes had lulled closed without him realizing it, and he found himself waking from a doze he didn’t know he’d been in at the sound of Penny’s voice. He perked up instantly, a wide grin spreading across his face. ”Not at all!” he exclaimed, scootching over so she could join him on the bench. ”I’m early. I was excited.” Truthfully, he was always excited to see her. They may not have said it yet, but he knew he felt it. You know, IT. The big one that started with an L. That one. He only allowed himself to think the word every once in a while, and he’d used up his quota for the day already. He was too scared to find out that Penny didn’t feel the same way, so not saying it and rationing his thoughts about it made that easier to handle.

”How was your day?”
__________________

Last edited by awakemysoul; 02-09-2019 at 10:06 PM.
awakemysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)


DMT
Demiguise
 
Erindipity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Greendale (EST)
Posts: 24,205

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Penny Lane Goodman
Fifth Year

x8

Diagon Alley Employee:
Simon Stackton
Daily Prophet
Default
Obscured Demiguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakemysoul View Post
Benji’s eyes had lulled closed without him realizing it, and he found himself waking from a doze he didn’t know he’d been in at the sound of Penny’s voice. He perked up instantly, a wide grin spreading across his face. ”Not at all!” he exclaimed, scootching over so she could join him on the bench. ”I’m early. I was excited.” Truthfully, he was always excited to see her. They may not have said it yet, but he knew he felt it. You know, IT. The big one that started with an L. That one. He only allowed himself to think the word every once in a while, and he’d used up his quota for the day already. He was too scared to find out that Penny didn’t feel the same way, so not saying it and rationing his thoughts about it made that easier to handle.

”How was your day?”
Her smile widened when his own grin appeared. It was so weird how he made those butterflies start fluttering around with the slightest look, one word, a smile. Yep. Definitely the L word. Hehehe.

Before Penny took her place beside him on the bench she leaned and kissed him quickly. MAN. She had been wanting to do that for awhile now. Not that she didn't see him and get to chat often, but like.... this was their time. THEM time. It was magical.

"It was... boring, really. Study group and such. How was yours? Tell me everything." She could listen to him recite the periodic chart and never be bored. It was how she knew it was THAT. Now she scooted closer and slipped her hand in his.
__________________


Erindipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Gnome
 
awakemysoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GMT -8 #PNW
Posts: 346

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Benjamin "Benji" Park
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore "Bear" Ronstadt
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
(づ。◕ヮ◕。)づ ❤ cuddles please ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erindipity View Post
Her smile widened when his own grin appeared. It was so weird how he made those butterflies start fluttering around with the slightest look, one word, a smile. Yep. Definitely the L word. Hehehe.

Before Penny took her place beside him on the bench she leaned and kissed him quickly. MAN. She had been wanting to do that for awhile now. Not that she didn't see him and get to chat often, but like.... this was their time. THEM time. It was magical.

"It was... boring, really. Study group and such. How was yours? Tell me everything." She could listen to him recite the periodic chart and never be bored. It was how she knew it was THAT. Now she scooted closer and slipped her hand in his.
Benji couldn't help but smile even bigger at Penny's kiss. He would never get used to that feeling. It was impossible. She was just so... Perfect. AND it was also perfect to have some time to themselves in between classes and study sessions and all the other things that go along with school.

He loosened his hand from hers in order to drape his arm over her shoulders instead. Closer was better. "Sorry it was boring," he said. "But boring is better than bad, right? Mine was... Long. And tiring." He stifled another yawn, trying not to let it out right in her face. "And yeah, boring is about right."

He shrugged. He'd much rather hear what Penny had to say than to talk himself, but he knew she meant it when she said she wanted to hear everything. "Got a letter from my mum today. It didn't say much of anything, just a generic check-in. Not like she actually cares. It would just make her look bad to her friends if she didn't go through the motions. I guess I'd better respond before bed tonight, but I don't have much to say to her either." Another shrug. He really didn't mind. He was used to his parents -- and Penny's affection more than made up for their coldness.

Maybe one day he would be brave enough to tell them about her. Like... Their wedding day. That would probably be a good time for them to know. Not sooner, though, probably. They would just ruin it. He did wonder if it bothered Penny that they didn't know. It wasn't anything about her at all. If his parents had been just about any other people in the whole world -- okay, except for maybe some of the more famous fascist dictators or something -- he would have been extremely proud to introduce her to them. She was amazing. The problem was definitely with them. So... He hoped she was still okay with it. She'd said she understood, but he felt insecure about hurting her feelings without meaning to. He would never want that.

(Wait, did he say wedding day?)
__________________
awakemysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster



DMLE
Kappa
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 14,699

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default Emergency meeting starts heeere
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Rounding up whoever he could find along the way, the Headmaster quickly headed for the courtyard. Out here...he assumed would be relatively safe but even then he was on high alert. Without any real context for whatever that thing was that ate Dopple, Malachi wasn't sure he wanted to leave anything up to chance and needed the students aware and on the look out.

Frail as she was, a lot of them were smaller than her in size and thinking back to the barn incident...and the hourglasses--and he'd blame them for the portrait too--the man was solidly convinced that size had nothing to do with what they tried to fit into their mouths. He said tried but there was no "trying" really. They didn't appear to have any problems fitting ANYTHING in there and he wasn't looking to have any of the students be next.

It was a struggle to not pace back and forth restlessly while he waited to be joined by the rest of the students and staff but he somehow managed.

Pacing and looking quite worried would not help anyone else to keep calm in the situation. Granted, having not seen what he and Kennedy just witnessed, perhaps some of them were already calm BUT THERE WAS NOTHING TO BE CALM ABOUT, THAT THING SWALLOWED DOPPLE!!

For now, the Headmaster stood with his hands clasped behind his back. Outwardly, he at least didn't look like he'd hit panic mode. It was an accomplishment in itself.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 194,547

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

Kaysha had been adding more comics to the Ravenclaw Library at the time of the message. She had heard Trent's urgent voice booming from the Common Room itself. The message itself left her heart pounding slightly quicker than usual and she had dropped the latest published issue of The Flash at random on a table, made a quick mental note to return to put the comic in its proper shelf and hurried from the library. On her way out of the Ravenclaw Tower, she had tried to gather as many of the blue and bronze kiddos as possible.

As it was, the woman was now here at the Courtyard where there was already some gathered. A questioning gaze was fixed upon Trent as he stood there. "Headmaster.'' Kay politely waited for the news he had to tell them all even though she was somewhat anxious.

What was the emergency?
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod




DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,362

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hanna Newton
Fourth Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Rayner Grimwald
Scribbulus
Default *Claims to have been gathered by Stewart*
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Hanna was almost up to the common room when she heard the announcement from Headmaster Trent. It had sent instant panic through her body. Hair standing on end, dry mouth, feeling like she might just vomit. Or worse. She had spun around just as she spotted Professor Stewart exiting the Ravenclaw common room. Figuring the best person to be with, other than the headmaster, was her own head of house, Hanna stuck very close behind the woman as she followed the directions towards the courtyard.

"Hi, hi, hello," she said quietly as he approached. She tried taking some calming breaths, but really. An announcement as urgent as this one hadn't been heard from her ears before. So yeah, it was alarming. What had happened? And, figuring it was very bad, she wondered who had died. Clearly not Trent or Stewart. She was anxiously waiting on her bouncing feet the arrival of, she hoped, everyone.
__________________
When life gets rough, I like to hold on to my dream...

...of relaxing in the summer sun, just lettin’ off steam
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:49 PM   #17 (permalink)


DMGS
Firecrab
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 821

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Kaira had been heading back up when she had heard the announcement. She rushed to the courtyard to find an older Ravenclaw standing there. Hanna, wasn't it?

She greeted the Headmaster and her head of house and proceeded to stand right next to Hanna.

'Hey Hanna..any idea what is going on?,' she asked, curiously.
__________________
Sangeetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Community Admin
Quibbler & 9¾ Mod


DMAC & DMLE
Fairy
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 23,059

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bel Macindoe
Sixth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Rustin Killick
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo Toussaint
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ramiel Isaak Skeres
Ollivanders Wand Shop
Default Feel free to say she rounded your charrie up if they were out in the grounds
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Bel heard the announcement, it was impossible not to, and she'd been jogging around the grounds at the time when the Headmaster's voice had echoed. Well given the whole inferi situation a few terms ago, she wasn't inclined to ignore it either, so she headed towards the courtyard, hustling along a few other kids as she came across them.

Still in her workout gear, the Hufflepuff captain came to a stop where there were already a bunch of people gathered. She took her ponytail out and retied it more tightly while eyeing the Headmaster warily.

Well, she DID want her hair out of her face in case there was going to be another inferi attack or something. And uh... oh yeah. She yet again didn't have her wand on her.
__________________

___________the platform 🌞 the quibbler 🌞 the bank 🌞 about Bel 🌞 get your Scorose fix

ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ 𓃊 ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟs 𓃊 ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ
ɪ'ᴍ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴇᴇ 𓃊 ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴏᴡᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs 𓃊 ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ 𓃊 ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
Tegz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Occamy
 
Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 62,965

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxton Carden
Seventh Year

x1
Default
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Max had been in one of the spare classrooms down in the dungeons reading comic books when he'd heard the announcement. He'd just gotten to the EPIC showdown as well, so he almost didn't bother moving. Almost. He hadn't forgotten all that yada yada about responsibility and duty so he was here. Physically anyway. His head was still in the clouds and his nose was still in his comic book.

After taking a moment to flip to the next page and glance briefly around, he sidled into the spot beside Bel and gave her a little nudge. "Reckon this means we get the kitchen back?" It had taken them long enough.
__________________
Waterloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #20 (permalink)


DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw
 
Tazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Amestris (GMT+8)
Posts: 11,123

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
First Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Euphy Castell
Daily Prophet
Default
❄Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re❄| ⚕=equivalent exchange=⚕ | pinned ya!

Um, what? Harri certainly heard the announcement from where she was doing and slowly munching on her homework near the lake. To her first year ears, it sounded PRETTY urgent (a situation that has compromised the safety of everyone? Surely no one has died?) so along with a bunch of some other students around the grounds herded by the Hufflepuff captain, she followed suit immediately as instructed.

And scratched at the incessant itch on the side of her neck.

Uggghhhh. This was the worse timing for her bouts of itchiness! Perhaps she could spot Cillian somewhere soon and make him scratch her unknowingly furry back again? Yeah, perhaps.

But back to the super SERIOUS sounding matter at hand. Could it possibly be just a drill of some sort?
__________________



Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Türk Bilgini
Kneazle
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: starlight a.r.m.y
Posts: 22,115

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dorian Katharos
Fifth Year
x1 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Yoongi Hyland
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Always keep the faith//~~Duckies~~// Non timebo mala

. . . whenever they had to "gather" something terrible had happened. Or was about to happen. He knew from almost five years of experience at this school and although he was nervous, he wasn't as scared as the previous years. Cause dealing with possession and an inferi attack kind of did something to you , ya know?

As he reached the courtyard, Dorian greeted the adults before he walked over to the other Ravenclaws (Hanna and Kaira) "Who died this time?" he was actually serious with his question.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: themoon.
Posts: 9,757

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zoryn Spinnet
Seventh Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Hello, yes, she was heading for the Courtyard because unfortunately for literally everyone, Zoryn Spinnet hadn't been eaten.

A school assembly was not something she wanted right now, as she had been in the middle of MUCH more important things. Aka on her way outside to the Quidditch Pitch. What? With recruitment season in full swing, Zoryn needed to practice her own swing. She had been planning to ignore the announcement when Bel had rounded her up.

Great.

What could this possibly be about!? She was quite positive that she hadn't done anything else to land herself into anymore trouble. So what was so important that the whole school needed to be here for??????????????????

Ah yes, and she was holding her bat 'n broom too. Apparently emergency meetings couldn't wait for anything.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #23 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Chizpurfle
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sherrinford
Posts: 10,836

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Daisy had been studying in the Hufflepuff Common Room when she had heard the announcement. She had made her way to the courtyard as fast as she could without breaking into a run. The words "Emergency Meeting" made her blood run cold. Daisy had a sinking feeling as to what the meeting was about.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
Joyce Darlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,060

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Joyce Darlington
Graduated
Default

After having had a few stern words with a couple of stragglers still loitering around inside, Joyce made her way out to the courtyard and straight to the front of the gathering crowd where she waited in silent scrutiny. She didn't know what this could possibly be about but she did have several questions regarding Trent's unorthodox methods. If there was indeed an 'emergency situation' was it wise to inform everyone like this? Was it something they could surreptitiously deal with without having to cause a scene?

Whatever was happening, it didn't bode well.
__________________
Joyce Darlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod



DERP
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,774

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cameron Tamesis
Seventh Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Uhm.

Looking around to see if Liam had made here before him, Cameron stepped out onto the courtyard and quickly walked over to the small group that had already gathered there. "Do you know what's going on?" He asked Bel and Max once he had come to halt next to them. The message had sounded VERY ominous.

Had something happened? Also, where was Liam?
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound

Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187