sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > South Side > Gringotts Wizarding Bank


Gringotts Wizarding Bank This goblin-run bank is one of the best in the world. Rest assured that your money and valuables will be safe here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Gringotts Main Hall and Service Counters



The main hall of Gringotts is a bustling place, impressive in its scope, scale and grandeur. The walls and the floors are made of gleaming marble and there are exquisite chandeliers lighting the hall. Long counters of dark and rich wood line each side of the hall. Goblins sit behind each desk, though there are a few witches and wizards wandering around. Beyond the long counters there are doors, leading from the hall to who knows where. Occasionally the doors appear to flicker if you stare at them for too long.

The door which leads to the vaults and indeed to every other room in Gringotts, changes according to a secret schedule. This is the second of the safety precautions protecting the vaults beneath the ground. The first precaution is of course, the security Goblins and Wizards who are stationed at each door and roam the main hall and the entrance foyer.

Step up to the appropriate counter if you dare. Be sure to have your wand and key at the ready if you plan to access your vault today.


OOC: It would be helpful to us if you title your post with the service you require (new vault, deposit, withdrawal, potions market, currency exchange etc). We encourage you to post your character making their way through the entrance hall before posting here, but it is optional. You can message one of the Gringotts employees (LilFox06) if you have any questions.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Gringotts Bank
Dugbog
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 118
Default

Despite it being the off-season, it did feel like they were a bit understaffed. What was going on? The poor window goblin did not have time to worry about that at the moment though.

"Next." he said calling the next wandwaver to the window.
Gringotts Goblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833 #C51362
Posts: 10,535

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Nina Castillo
Sixth Year
Slytherin
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | plot twist | #thefloorislava |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Bennett got in line at the bank. It was a busy day and he had an appointment to make in another country. Silly him, though, he'd left all his travel documents in his vault. You'd think with how often he traveled, he'd keep that at his flat, but nope.

He shifted his weight between feet and leaned to the side. At least the line wasn't long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringotts Goblins View Post
Despite it being the off-season, it did feel like they were a bit understaffed. What was going on? The poor window goblin did not have time to worry about that at the moment though.

"Next." he said calling the next wandwaver to the window.

She was growing somewhat frantic, something she never did, as she sifted through the contents of her bag. The extension charm was such a useful thing, until it wasn't. She had her arm about halfway submerged into the purse when one of the Goblins called out. The words didn't register right away and she continued to stand there, until a few prolonged seconds passed and the realization hit her.

"Sorry!" she turned around and hurriedly apologized to the person (Bennett) behind her, before quickly shuffling her way over to the window... Arm still very much submerged.

"Hello, how are you?" Her voice was laced with certain apology. "I was hoping to withdraw some money from my vault, I have my... key and my wand... right......." This was very embarrassing. "Here," she smiled with a sense of relief as she pulled both things from her bag (finally) and pushed them over to the goblin.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:56 AM   #28 (permalink)
Gringotts Bank
Dugbog
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

She was growing somewhat frantic, something she never did, as she sifted through the contents of her bag. The extension charm was such a useful thing, until it wasn't. She had her arm about halfway submerged into the purse when one of the Goblins called out. The words didn't register right away and she continued to stand there, until a few prolonged seconds passed and the realization hit her.

"Sorry!" she turned around and hurriedly apologized to the person (Bennett) behind her, before quickly shuffling her way over to the window... Arm still very much submerged.

"Hello, how are you?" Her voice was laced with certain apology. "I was hoping to withdraw some money from my vault, I have my... key and my wand... right......." This was very embarrassing. "Here," she smiled with a sense of relief as she pulled both things from her bag (finally) and pushed them over to the goblin.
The window goblin tried not to look annoyed at the delay. Was it necessary to start hanging signs asking customers to have their documentation ready before approaching the window?

The goblin accepted both the key and the wand, carefully inspecting both. After consulting a book of paperwork, he nodded and then handed the items back. "Very well."

He then addressed the next person in line.

"Vault as well?" Efficiency would work best in this situation.
Gringotts Goblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:17 AM   #29 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,686

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"Sorry!" she turned around and hurriedly apologized to the person (Bennett) behind her, before quickly shuffling her way over to the window... Arm still very much submerged.
Bennett returned her exasperated look with a knowing smile. "No problem." he said. He's had days like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringotts Goblins View Post
"Vault as well?" Efficiency would work best in this situation.
Bennett nodded and hurried up to the window with both his key and his wand. He turned to the lady that had addressed him just moments ago. "Looks like it's two for one today."
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833 #C51362
Posts: 10,535

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Nina Castillo
Sixth Year
Slytherin
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | plot twist | #thefloorislava |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringotts Goblins View Post
The window goblin tried not to look annoyed at the delay. Was it necessary to start hanging signs asking customers to have their documentation ready before approaching the window?

The goblin accepted both the key and the wand, carefully inspecting both. After consulting a book of paperwork, he nodded and then handed the items back. "Very well."

He then addressed the next person in line.

"Vault as well?" Efficiency would work best in this situation.
Yassi gave the globin a most grateful look. She wasn't typically this disorganized. It was always at the worst times when things like this happened. Giving him a sheepish smile, she stepped aside for the person behind her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Bennett returned her exasperated look with a knowing smile. "No problem." he said. He's had days like that.

Bennett nodded and hurried up to the window with both his key and his wand. He turned to the lady that had addressed him just moments ago. "Looks like it's two for one today."
Yassi laughed politely at the stranger's comment. "Certainly looks like it," she agreed. His pleasant mood helped put her at ease. Something the Goblin's hidden annoyance had failed to do. Not that... Not that it was anyone's job to put her at ease, she certainly did not expect that from others. It was just... Nice.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:08 AM   #31 (permalink)
Gringotts Bank
Dugbog
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Yassi gave the globin a most grateful look. She wasn't typically this disorganized. It was always at the worst times when things like this happened. Giving him a sheepish smile, she stepped aside for the person behind her.


Yassi laughed politely at the stranger's comment. "Certainly looks like it," she agreed. His pleasant mood helped put her at ease. Something the Goblin's hidden annoyance had failed to do. Not that... Not that it was anyone's job to put her at ease, she certainly did not expect that from others. It was just... Nice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Bennett nodded and hurried up to the window with both his key and his wand. He turned to the lady that had addressed him just moments ago. "Looks like it's two for one today."
The Goblin accepted the key as well as the wand. He studied them carefully and just as before, consulted a large book to verify the key and wand. The goblin then nodded and set the wandwaver's key and wand back on the table so he could take them back.

He then slid out of his chair and motioned for them to follow him to the carts.
Gringotts Goblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:14 AM   #32 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,686

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

This was a first in Bennett's time visiting this bank. That was fine with him though. He didn't mind and it meant that they could both get their business done faster. He took his things off the counter before starting to follow the goblin. "I'm Bennett, by the way." he said offering his hand to the woman.
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833 #C51362
Posts: 10,535

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Nina Castillo
Sixth Year
Slytherin
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | plot twist | #thefloorislava |#HouseNATARIANA

Yassi didn't mind either, she didn't have anything confidential in her humble vault, nor did she mind the company. It was nice in all honesty. Throwing her wand back into her bag (she'd just deal with the mess when she was..... less of a mess), she quickly moved to catch up to the other two.

"I'm Yassi," she extended her own hand to meet his and gave him a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you... Do you live nearby?"
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Red Cap
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Diagon Alley
Posts: 76

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Sixth Year
Default currency exchange
🌻 not afraid of being afraid

In the main hall, Jina paused for a moment to stare around. This place was very impressive! All the goblins behind the counter seemed to be hard at work. She stepped up to the counter for currency exchange. "Hello, I would like to exchange these pounds to galleons," she said as she handed an envelope containing 300 pounds.
__________________
Sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:09 AM   #35 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,686

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Yassi didn't mind either, she didn't have anything confidential in her humble vault, nor did she mind the company. It was nice in all honesty. Throwing her wand back into her bag (she'd just deal with the mess when she was..... less of a mess), she quickly moved to catch up to the other two.

"I'm Yassi," she extended her own hand to meet his and gave him a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you... Do you live nearby?"
"Yeah. Here in London. I work at the Ministry. And you?" Bennett asked as they walked.
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
Gringotts Bank
Dugbog
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Yassi didn't mind either, she didn't have anything confidential in her humble vault, nor did she mind the company. It was nice in all honesty. Throwing her wand back into her bag (she'd just deal with the mess when she was..... less of a mess), she quickly moved to catch up to the other two.

"I'm Yassi," she extended her own hand to meet his and gave him a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you... Do you live nearby?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
"Yeah. Here in London. I work at the Ministry. And you?" Bennett asked as they walked.
The goblin lead the way to the corridor and the awaiting cart. He then instructed them to get inside the cart.

ooc: You can go ahead and post in the corridor getting in the cart.

-------


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
In the main hall, Jina paused for a moment to stare around. This place was very impressive! All the goblins behind the counter seemed to be hard at work. She stepped up to the counter for currency exchange. "Hello, I would like to exchange these pounds to galleons," she said as she handed an envelope containing 300 pounds.
The window goblin accepted the envelope of muggle money and proceeded to count it. Twice. "Three hundred." the goblin stated wanting to confirm the amount.
Gringotts Goblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Red Cap
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Diagon Alley
Posts: 76

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Sixth Year
Default
🌻 not afraid of being afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringotts Goblins View Post
The window goblin accepted the envelope of muggle money and proceeded to count it. Twice. "Three hundred." the goblin stated wanting to confirm the amount.
"Yes," she confirmed. She too had counted the amount twice with her parents before entering the bank.
__________________
Sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
Gringotts Bank
Dugbog
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
"Yes," she confirmed. She too had counted the amount twice with her parents before entering the bank.
The Goblin nodded before producing galleons by stacks of ten. The goblin placed six stacks on the counter, before taking three back as a fee.

"Fifty-seven galleons." the goblin said sliding the money across the counter.
Gringotts Goblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194