sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:


If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North End > Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour


Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour Nothing is better on a hot summer day than an ice cream. Why not come along and try one of the wizarding variety after a long day of shopping?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-21-2016, 10:16 PM
PatInTheHat PatInTheHat is offline
 
Default The Toppings Bar


Image Credit: Ameh

Equally as important as the ice cream flavour one chooses is the toppings that one puts upon it. A good topping or two can make or break a personal sundae, so once you've picked your poison flavour, the toppings bar is the next logical stop on the road to ice cream nirvana! The setup is rather impressive and can seem intimidating at first, but don't fret. This magical machine is easy enough to operate, given a moment and some patience.

A series of medium-sized glass tubes containing any topping one could dream of (and some nobody would dare to) hover precariously over a long, shiny tray that is inset into the countertop. At any given time this tray can be found with any myriad of missed toppings mixed together inside of it; the more adventurous customers sometimes choose to pick up the small scooper that can be found at its edge & scoop their toppings from those that did not land on someone else's ice cream. If you'd prefer to make your own choices, however, merely say your decided-upon topping or toppings to the machine, and it will release a small amount of it into the corkscrew spun glass chutes. Watch carefully and make sure to position your ice cream in the right place, because all of the chutes merge together into one to drop your tasting ice cream additives onto your bowl or cone!

The machine is magical and will clear itself of any topping residue between customers, so you needn't worry about getting sticky caramel sauce or the lingered tastes of meat chunks if the person before you made some decisions you don't agree with. However, if you should find that help is necessary, another tap bell can be found at the end of the counter to summon the shopkeeper or assistant.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:37 AM   #101 (permalink)



DMC
Snidget
 
Callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 2,709

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfdis "Dizzy" Luijendijk
Second Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Lexi O'Brien
Madame Primpernelle's
Default
Fluttery Pegasi

"You're quite welcome, Daisy." They were both good girls. Although, Emmalyn got a raised eyebrow from Lexi, but one that was in good humor.

"Well, tough! I wanna give you girls something for helping. Not as a payment, but a gift. Because you both deserve it." Naturally, the fact neither of them expected it, made Lexi want to all the more. She was a staunch believer that good acts deserved kindness in return. So much of the world as a whole seemed to be the exact opposite of that, leading to a proverb about it, "No good deed goes unpunished." She couldn't change the world, not by a long shot. But Lexi could change her little bubble of the world.

"Oh, good. I'm not the only one seeing it! Was worried I was going a bit loopy there for a moment." She chuckled to herself. "Hey, Isley? Want me to leave the Merlin? You can put it on display and use to draw more customers!" Well, it's what they do in the states, at least.
__________________
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #102 (permalink)


DMT & DMGS

SS Slogan Winner
Ginny's Name Sharer
Knarl
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East End
Posts: 9,253

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Fifth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie Veronica Mills
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Janis Matilda Pearl
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nomi Caplan
Daily Prophet
Default
What I feel has come and gone before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]She continued working with Daisy to clean up the sticky mess, still covered in toppings herself. She was actually having a good time. It felt good to do something helpful and productive and she always loved serving others. "Miss Isley it is." Her caramel covered smile was bright and a few chunks of candy fell from her hair, which made her giggle. "Would you be willing to use your cleaning spell and take care of my clothes? I'm still a bit nervous about using spells on myself."
Daisy turned towards Emmalyn. "I'd be only too happy to clean your clothes for you, Em," Daisy replied as she aimed her wand at Emmalyn's clothes, moving her wand in an up-and-down motion as she performed a simple but effective non-verbal cleaning charm.

"There you go. How's that?"
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:32 AM   #103 (permalink)

Moderator
Gladrags Mod


DMLE
Boggart
 
Suziella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: His heart ❤
Posts: 29,618

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tristan Wayland
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Isley Mae Tydings
Florean Fortescue's
Default Sorry y'all been busy <3 Rearranged a little <3
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | I am your Pamphleteer | Mrs. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
A few quick cleaning spells got most of the topping off of her, the deeper stuff, she'd need potions for, and the clothes, well, Victoria will have to work so magic there. Get it? Work some magic....nevermind. "There, now I shouldn't track anything into my shop while I run over there really quick. I shall return!" Lexi spun and disappeared out the door. She needed to adjust her "back in _ minutes" sign to account for helping Isley clean up, and while there grab skin and hair cleansing potions for everyone.

Lexi was back a few minutes later with a Madame Primpernelle's shop bag filled with potions. Those will be given out after the mess was clean. No sense giving them out just yet. "You girls really are angels for sticking around to help," Lexi said as she pulled out her wand and silently cleared away a large blobby gathering of hard coated chocolate candy, gummy bears, and cookie dough. Lexi had a feeling Isley was getting their names so she could show her appreciation, but that didn't mean Lexi couldn't show her own as well. The girl's were helping out a friend and fellow shopkeeper after all.

Next time you girls come into Madame Primpernelle's I'll let you both have a potion of your choice free."

Lexi waved her wand again, vanishing a glob of...well, something. Without it the surrounding globs seemed to combine to form... "Huh. Anyone else seeing Merlin in this section here?" Because she definitely was.
"Thank you, Lexi!" Isley called out as the woman left the shop. She knew Lexi would be back but she wanted to thank her again anyway. The help she had offered was just too kind, and she really appreciated it.

When the other woman came back Isley gave her a big smile, especially at the freebies she was giving to the girls. It was so kind of her and she really didn't have to do that.

When Lexi asked about a Merlin shaped section Isley turned around to look. Her eyebrows mashed together in concentration, she chuckled, and replied, "Yeah it kinda does, doesn't it." Merlin's beard, was her toppings bar machine a joker?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
"It is nice to meet you officially, Isley. Can I call you by your first name? I am very happy to help a much-loved business. I always love coming here during the Summer holidays."

Daisy beamed and turned to look at Lexi. "It is no trouble at all and thank you so much for the free potion offer."
"That is perfectly fine, Daisy." Isley said with an encouraging smile. "Awe that makes me so happy to hear. I am so glad Florean's is somewhere that makes you happy." Isley worked so hard to keep her shop going and to hear someone say how much they love coming here, made her heart full to bursting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
She continued working with Daisy to clean up the sticky mess, still covered in toppings herself. She was actually having a good time. It felt good to do something helpful and productive and she always loved serving others. "Miss Isley it is." Her caramel covered smile was bright and a few chunks of candy fell from her hair, which made her giggle. "Would you be willing to use your cleaning spell and take care of my clothes? I'm still a bit nervous about using spells on myself."
Isley gave the young girl a large smile. "Miss Isley is just fine with me, Miss Emmalyn." The poor girl was still covered in toppings and trying to clean. She was about to reply to Emmalyn's request when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy turned towards Emmalyn. "I'd be only too happy to clean your clothes for you, Em," Daisy replied as she aimed her wand at Emmalyn's clothes, moving her wand in an up-and-down motion as she performed a simple but effective non-verbal cleaning charm.

"There you go. How's that?"
...Daisy cleaned her up before Isley could. She smiled watching the girls interact. It had been so long she she had been able to spend time with her friends. She was definitely going to have to do that more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
"You're quite welcome, Daisy." They were both good girls. Although, Emmalyn got a raised eyebrow from Lexi, but one that was in good humor.

"Well, tough! I wanna give you girls something for helping. Not as a payment, but a gift. Because you both deserve it." Naturally, the fact neither of them expected it, made Lexi want to all the more. She was a staunch believer that good acts deserved kindness in return. So much of the world as a whole seemed to be the exact opposite of that, leading to a proverb about it, "No good deed goes unpunished." She couldn't change the world, not by a long shot. But Lexi could change her little bubble of the world.

"Oh, good. I'm not the only one seeing it! Was worried I was going a bit loopy there for a moment." She chuckled to herself. "Hey, Isley? Want me to leave the Merlin? You can put it on display and use to draw more customers!" Well, it's what they do in the states, at least.
Lexi was such a sweetheart for insisting on giving them free products from her shop on top of what Isley already had planned to give them.

At the suggestion of keeping the blob of Merlin shaped goo, Isley laughed. "No, it's okay. Go ahead and magic him away. Goodbye gloppy Merlin!" She said waving with a chuckle.


Soon enough the shop was looking clean, and what was left was on the toppings bar itself, and she didn't want anyone else going near it. "Looks like we are done, ladies. Emmalyn, Daisy, wait right here." She said before dashing behind the Ice cream bar. She fiddled around with some pieces of paper the size of a business card, writing something on each of them, and when she was done, walked back over to the girls. "These are for you."

The cards had each girls name on them and said '1 Free Ice cream a day for the rest of the Summer.' She hoped that was enough, and wished she could do more.

"Lexi, free Ice cream anytime." She said with a wink.
__________________

_______________________________ And I miss the way you make me feel and it's real,

When we watched the sunset over the castle on the hill.
____________________________
Suziella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:23 AM   #104 (permalink)



DoM & DMGS
Vampire
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 54,895

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Second Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Javi Hernandez
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Nolan Reynolds
Mysteries
Default Better late than never yeah? Sorry about him
Crazy Dog Lady || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Javi had barely had time to register what the heck had caused the candy rain before more people started to enter the shop. Everyone kept asking how they could help, and Javi had resisted the urge to snap that he didn't even know what was happening - one second he was minding his own business, the next he was about to be pelted with ice cream toppings.

AND THEN - topping EXPLOSION.

Wand still held out in front of him, Javi was attacked by flying toppings as the machine finally gave out. He finally ducked down, but the damage was done. Sticky chocolate covered his face, his hair, his BRAND NEW jumper...perfect. Just perfect.

He should have just gone HOME.

Grumbling to himself, he waved his wand over himself and cleaned himself up quickly. He looked around with a grimace and then sighed heavily. "Well, that was eventful," he muttered under his breath.

He looked up at the shopkeeper. He'd heard her mention he got free ice cream for his help, but he suddenly wasn't in the mood for it...."Do you need help with anything else?" he asked. Since he was already HERE and all. It was only polite to offer. Although shockingly, the young girls who had entered behind him had done a pretty good job of helping clean up.

Overachievers. They were probably Hufflepuffs.
__________________
I don't know what's round the corner_________________________________________

________________________________way I feel right now I swear we'll never change
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:27 AM   #105 (permalink)


DMT & DMGS

SS Slogan Winner
Ginny's Name Sharer
Knarl
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East End
Posts: 9,253

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Fifth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie Veronica Mills
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Janis Matilda Pearl
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nomi Caplan
Daily Prophet
Default
What I feel has come and gone before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post





Soon enough the shop was looking clean, and what was left was on the toppings bar itself, and she didn't want anyone else going near it. "Looks like we are done, ladies. Emmalyn, Daisy, wait right here." She said before dashing behind the Ice cream bar. She fiddled around with some pieces of paper the size of a business card, writing something on each of them, and when she was done, walked back over to the girls. "These are for you."

The cards had each girls name on them and said '1 Free Ice cream a day for the rest of the Summer.' She hoped that was enough, and wished she could do more.

"Lexi, free Ice cream anytime." She said with a wink.
Once the cleaning was done, Daisy looked around the store with a satisfied smile on her features. When Isley told the two Hufflepuffs to wait where they were, Daisy was a bit curious but did what she was asked. When Isley came back, she had two little cards with her. Daisy and Emmalyn each received one which Daisy realised as she looked down, was a gift card. "Wow! Thank you so much, Isley!"
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #106 (permalink)



DMC
Snidget
 
Callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 2,709

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfdis "Dizzy" Luijendijk
Second Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Lexi O'Brien
Madame Primpernelle's
Default
Fluttery Pegasi

Lexi beamed, grinning. "You're gonna make me fat with a reward like that," she said, laughing. Not that she was going to turn down free ice cream. Nuh-uh. That just wasn't Lexi.

And now that everything was cleaned again, it was time for them to clean themselves up. Lexi grabbed the bag she'd brought from her own shop, and passed to decent sized potion bottles to everyone. One for their hair and one for their skin.

Speaking of her shop..."I really should be getting back to my own shop...but I'll be back later to check on you Isley." In case any other mishaps happened she might need help with.
__________________
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:52 AM   #107 (permalink)

Moderator
Gladrags Mod


DMLE
Boggart
 
Suziella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: His heart ❤
Posts: 29,618

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tristan Wayland
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Isley Mae Tydings
Florean Fortescue's
Default
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | I am your Pamphleteer | Mrs. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Javi had barely had time to register what the heck had caused the candy rain before more people started to enter the shop. Everyone kept asking how they could help, and Javi had resisted the urge to snap that he didn't even know what was happening - one second he was minding his own business, the next he was about to be pelted with ice cream toppings.

AND THEN - topping EXPLOSION.

Wand still held out in front of him, Javi was attacked by flying toppings as the machine finally gave out. He finally ducked down, but the damage was done. Sticky chocolate covered his face, his hair, his BRAND NEW jumper...perfect. Just perfect.

He should have just gone HOME.

Grumbling to himself, he waved his wand over himself and cleaned himself up quickly. He looked around with a grimace and then sighed heavily. "Well, that was eventful," he muttered under his breath.

He looked up at the shopkeeper. He'd heard her mention he got free ice cream for his help, but he suddenly wasn't in the mood for it...."Do you need help with anything else?" he asked. Since he was already HERE and all. It was only polite to offer. Although shockingly, the young girls who had entered behind him had done a pretty good job of helping clean up.

Overachievers. They were probably Hufflepuffs.
In all the...excitement, Isley had kind of forgotten that the gentleman that had stopped the toppings in the first place was still there....but she could see why. He had kinda been in shock since the explosion. At least he had cleaned himself off. She should have done that before cleaning the shop. "Oh, gosh, sir. I am really, so incredibly sorry." With a flick of her wand a piece of paper and a quill came flying over to her. She caught them with ease, and quickly wrote out a coupon for him as well.

She had seen him in here before with a child and wanted to make sure that they both were taken care of. She wrote '2 Free Ice creams everyday for the rest of the year.' Yes, it was more than the two young ladies had gotten, but they would be at Hogwarts soon and the girl that he brought in was way younger. "Here, for your troubles. We don't need anything else, but thank you so much for your help. Did you need anything for the road? I can make you up some Ice cream to go really easily." The worry crease between her eyebrows deepened.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Once the cleaning was done, Daisy looked around the store with a satisfied smile on her features. When Isley told the two Hufflepuffs to wait where they were, Daisy was a bit curious but did what she was asked. When Isley came back, she had two little cards with her. Daisy and Emmalyn each received one which Daisy realised as she looked down, was a gift card. "Wow! Thank you so much, Isley!"
Isley smile at the older of the two girls. "You are so very welcome Daisy. I can't tell you how much I appreciate yours and Emmalyn's help. It won't be forgotten." She pat the girl on the shoulder before continuing to clean things around the broken toppings machine. This was going to be a long day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Lexi beamed, grinning. "You're gonna make me fat with a reward like that," she said, laughing. Not that she was going to turn down free ice cream. Nuh-uh. That just wasn't Lexi.

And now that everything was cleaned again, it was time for them to clean themselves up. Lexi grabbed the bag she'd brought from her own shop, and passed to decent sized potion bottles to everyone. One for their hair and one for their skin.

Speaking of her shop..."I really should be getting back to my own shop...but I'll be back later to check on you Isley." In case any other mishaps happened she might need help with.
Isley chuckled, "I would never do such a thing." She said with a knowing grin. Lexi loved ice cream and she knew the other woman would take up a freebie as often as she could.

Isley nodded at the other woman. "Thank you so much, again, Lexi. I appreciate you so very much. See you soon." She said with a wink and a wave. She knew she wouldnt have handled this half as well had Lexi not been here to help out.
__________________

_______________________________ And I miss the way you make me feel and it's real,

When we watched the sunset over the castle on the hill.
____________________________
Suziella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196