sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > First Floor


First Floor Once you leave the ground floor, you'll be taken to the floor that houses both the Muggle Studies and History of Magic classrooms.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:21 PM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Portraits


The walls in the first-floor corridor are covered in tapestries and, hung over them, are portraits of numerous wizards and wizards. Whether you are trying to get to class or are just browsing around, the portraits here will try to start up a conversation with you. If you manage to get on their good side, they'll be willing to reveal secret passageways, share the latest school gossip, and more.

If you have time to spare, definitely go on a brief tangent from whatever it is you are doing. Google Stump is your man to go to if you're looking for answers about the mysteries of the castle; Beaumont Marjoribanks can tell you everything there is to know about gillyweed; and Elizabeth Burke ... well, it would be best to just avoid her for reasons that will be obvious should you strike up a discussion with her about magical blood status. There are other portraits here as well, each with their own unique personalities, and figures from other portraits happen to invade their frames from time to time.

OOC: Please do not role-play for the Portraits.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default Allyyyy <3
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

After last term, there were some places Evan had started to establish as some of his favorite places to go to. Pretty much anywhere outside, the Tech lounge and the portraits were some of the most notable. The portraits were sometimes like talking to a living (except not so much) piece of history. And actually, thinking about it, he would love to pick Beaumont Marjoribanks brain regarding the slimy weed good for underwater breathing.

He paused as he scanned the walls, not actually sure where to find the specific portrait. But he had some time to figure it out. For now, he'd just pull out his sheet of paper and jot down some other questions that might be pertinent to ask. If the portrait was even willing anyways to share info.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
After last term, there were some places Evan had started to establish as some of his favorite places to go to. Pretty much anywhere outside, the Tech lounge and the portraits were some of the most notable. The portraits were sometimes like talking to a living (except not so much) piece of history. And actually, thinking about it, he would love to pick Beaumont Marjoribanks brain regarding the slimy weed good for underwater breathing.

He paused as he scanned the walls, not actually sure where to find the specific portrait. But he had some time to figure it out. For now, he'd just pull out his sheet of paper and jot down some other questions that might be pertinent to ask. If the portrait was even willing anyways to share info.
Adventuring was great! While she might be a touch more on the busy side someday, Lia still managed to find a way to fit in time to explore. There always needed to be time to checkout the newest spots in the castle or outside. Most days her wandering was done alongside Tadhg, one of her siblings, cousins or niece. It was always much more fun to find something amazing whenever you had someone else with you to share the glory.

Today, Dahlia was alone. Not even Sir Frederik Puffington was with her this time. Everyone seemed to have something else to do and the formally mentioned companion was resting on her bed in the dorm. All was well though as she made her way down the corridor, the end of a red sugar quill in her mouth.

"Evan! Hi!" She waved at him from halfway down the corridor when she spotted his familiar face.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

He was at a lost to determine which portraits were which, there were just so many of them. He wondered if perhaps he should come back another time to attempt, merely because he looked foolish just STARING but before he could really make any movement to leave, he heard his name called down the corridor.

Evan's head swiveled a bit, looking for the match to the voice and gave a small smile when he saw Lia. He'd been avoiding spending too much time with her this term but... it had been a few months, and he did miss getting to catch up so it was a welcome surpise. "Dahlia, hi. What brings you this way?"
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
He was at a lost to determine which portraits were which, there were just so many of them. He wondered if perhaps he should come back another time to attempt, merely because he looked foolish just STARING but before he could really make any movement to leave, he heard his name called down the corridor.

Evan's head swiveled a bit, looking for the match to the voice and gave a small smile when he saw Lia. He'd been avoiding spending too much time with her this term but... it had been a few months, and he did miss getting to catch up so it was a welcome surpise. "Dahlia, hi. What brings you this way?"
Had Dahlia taken notice that Evan hadn't really been spending much time with over the last several months, yes she had. Would she be bringing it up at all? No, no she wouldn't. Honestly while she had noticed it, she sorta chalked it up to the fact that they were back at school and with that brought a lot of changes. Many many more friends, lessons, tons of assignments, perhaps his own explorations and whatever else might be going on for not only Evan but for herself as well. They were both busy. Yet, she did miss their times of wandering the corridors and grounds for clues on hidden passageways.

"Just doing some wandering about.. alone exploring if you will," she shrugged. When put that way it sounded really pathetic. "What about you? You.. looked like you were searching for something?" He had been looking at the walls, hadn't he? "Are you still seeking out those passages?" Had he located something on his own and kept it a secret?
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:59 AM   #6 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

If he were to be entirely honest, he missed his time hanging out with Dahlia as well. He'd liked there explorations, and she was really easy to talk to. Probably what brought about his problem to begin with. But was it fair to entirely avoid her either if she had seemed to enjoy their time together as friends? It didn't really seem like it was, and he made note to remember that and to try to hang out with her more. Maybe another secret passage hunt.

"That makes sense. No Tadhg or siblings today?" Or perhaps she also wanted a little bit of time alone. Sometimes that could be nice to have. "I was hoping to find the portrait of Beaumont Marjoribanks, just had some questions." But another time seemed better. "I haven't gone looking for the passages in a minute. But it might be time to pick that up again. You want to go too?"
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
If he were to be entirely honest, he missed his time hanging out with Dahlia as well. He'd liked there explorations, and she was really easy to talk to. Probably what brought about his problem to begin with. But was it fair to entirely avoid her either if she had seemed to enjoy their time together as friends? It didn't really seem like it was, and he made note to remember that and to try to hang out with her more. Maybe another secret passage hunt.

"That makes sense. No Tadhg or siblings today?" Or perhaps she also wanted a little bit of time alone. Sometimes that could be nice to have. "I was hoping to find the portrait of Beaumont Marjoribanks, just had some questions." But another time seemed better. "I haven't gone looking for the passages in a minute. But it might be time to pick that up again. You want to go too?"
She smiled a little. "Oh, good.. cause in my head it made complete sense but out loud I wasn't so sure about that." There was a soft laugh that followed. "Nope. Just me. Everyone seemed busy so I slipped away to do my own thing." Even if she had no idea what that was today and she didn't at all enjoy being totally on her own all that much. It was weird that with so much family at Hogwarts not one of them was around right now but it was okay, they needed time to do their own things too.

"Hmm, I can't help there. I haven't seen that one today.." Or recently that she could recall. Then again maybe she had. Sometimes the portraits could blend together and she mixed up where they were located when there was just so MANY of them!

So he hadn't been looking for any of the passages at all?! This sorta surprised her a little bit but in a way it also made her smile. "Sure, there's still tons of spots to check and explore." She had to find something epic before she graduated.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:31 AM   #8 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

He gave a half smile, shaking his head a bit. "No, you were good this go around. Made sense in your head and out loud." There was a small jest to his words as well. He briefly wondered if anyone really hadn't been available or if she had wanted some time alone just for the sake of it. Sometimes people needed to be able to be by themselves. It seemed to personal to ask about however. "Were you exploring for something specific or just wandering?"

She hadn't seen him either? "It's alright. It's not that big of a deal. I'll look around later." It wasn't anything urgent anyways, just a couple of non-pressing inquiries.

"Do you want to go look around now? I have some time still if you do as well. We could check around this area?" It was in an area of the castle they hadn't quite gotten to, yet. And even if they didn't find a passage, maybe they'd find a really cool portrait.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
He gave a half smile, shaking his head a bit. "No, you were good this go around. Made sense in your head and out loud." There was a small jest to his words as well. He briefly wondered if anyone really hadn't been available or if she had wanted some time alone just for the sake of it. Sometimes people needed to be able to be by themselves. It seemed to personal to ask about however. "Were you exploring for something specific or just wandering?"

She hadn't seen him either? "It's alright. It's not that big of a deal. I'll look around later." It wasn't anything urgent anyways, just a couple of non-pressing inquiries.

"Do you want to go look around now? I have some time still if you do as well. We could check around this area?" It was in an area of the castle they hadn't quite gotten to, yet. And even if they didn't find a passage, maybe they'd find a really cool portrait.
Okay, good. Lia disliked when things came out wrong when she spoke and.. it tended to happen a real lot. "That's good. I'm glad you understood what I meant." No need to try to explain herself and risk making it sound even worse which she also sometimes also did. "Mostly just wandering around trying to figure out what I wanted to do.." That came along with being so used to being around so many people that whenever she was all alone suddenly she sometimes wasn't sure what to do. Other times she knew exactly where she would be and when.

"You sure? I could help you look for him.. if you want?" It wasn't like she was doing anything else.

Dahlia laughed softly, a little smile tugging at her lips since she basically just said she had time to do whatever. "Sure. This area works." Maybe they would even come across Beaumont Marjoribanks while exploring. "Do you have your map or whatever you're keeping all your info written down on with you?"
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:59 AM   #10 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Okay, good. Lia disliked when things came out wrong when she spoke and.. it tended to happen a real lot. "That's good. I'm glad you understood what I meant." No need to try to explain herself and risk making it sound even worse which she also sometimes also did. "Mostly just wandering around trying to figure out what I wanted to do.." That came along with being so used to being around so many people that whenever she was all alone suddenly she sometimes wasn't sure what to do. Other times she knew exactly where she would be and when.

"You sure? I could help you look for him.. if you want?" It wasn't like she was doing anything else.

Dahlia laughed softly, a little smile tugging at her lips since she basically just said she had time to do whatever. "Sure. This area works." Maybe they would even come across Beaumont Marjoribanks while exploring. "Do you have your map or whatever you're keeping all your info written down on with you?"
He could have understood that dislike, given it was a reason why he often chose to not speak at all anyways. It was much easier to not be misunderstood if you remained silent. Though his... friendships he supposed, were helping him become far more vocal. Though the likelihood of him ever being a real chatterbox was highly unlikely. "That's fair enough. I find that when I do that I usually end up at the kitchens." A half smile here, because it was an entirely truthful statement. It was good there were so many stairs at Hogwarts and that he was all the way on the seventh floor and the kitchen the other end of the castle.

"It's okay. I imagine with as much as the portraits can enjoy talking, if he was feeling up to it he would have appeared." So he'd respect that and come back at a later time. "I don't want to be an inconvenience on him either."

At the question, he reached into his satchel, pulling out his notebook from their previous explorations and opening it up. "Right here." His drawings would have just confused him, so really it was just a list of detailed notes on where they'd been and what they had found. "Do you have yours?"
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
He could have understood that dislike, given it was a reason why he often chose to not speak at all anyways. It was much easier to not be misunderstood if you remained silent. Though his... friendships he supposed, were helping him become far more vocal. Though the likelihood of him ever being a real chatterbox was highly unlikely. "That's fair enough. I find that when I do that I usually end up at the kitchens." A half smile here, because it was an entirely truthful statement. It was good there were so many stairs at Hogwarts and that he was all the way on the seventh floor and the kitchen the other end of the castle.

"It's okay. I imagine with as much as the portraits can enjoy talking, if he was feeling up to it he would have appeared." So he'd respect that and come back at a later time. "I don't want to be an inconvenience on him either."

At the question, he reached into his satchel, pulling out his notebook from their previous explorations and opening it up. "Right here." His drawings would have just confused him, so really it was just a list of detailed notes on where they'd been and what they had found. "Do you have yours?"
The kitchens, hm? Now that was a good place to be. Lia couldn't deny that she didn't go there often herself. "Just the mention of the kitchen make me hungry," she giggled. "I end up there constantly." Lots of the time it was sandwiches and picnic foods, other times little snacks to hold her over until meals.. and then.. there was simply all of the times where she just wanted ICE CREAM. Mmmm, ice cream. Great now she wanted some. This thought reminded her that she still had that sugar quill in her hand, which once again found its way to her mouth so she could nipple at the tip of it. "Want one? I have more in my bag."

There was the briefest moment of consideration on her part before a small nod of her head was given. "That's probably true. He probably gets tired of listening to all of our chatter each and everyday anyhow." These corridors tended to get really noisy at times.

When Evan reached into his bag and pulled out his notebook, she smiled. "Yup! In my bag as always." One of the many things she kept with her at all times. Reaching into her bag with her free hand and rummaging around for a moment she pulled it out and flipped it open. "Are we starting right here?"
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
The kitchens, hm? Now that was a good place to be. Lia couldn't deny that she didn't go there often herself. "Just the mention of the kitchen make me hungry," she giggled. "I end up there constantly." Lots of the time it was sandwiches and picnic foods, other times little snacks to hold her over until meals.. and then.. there was simply all of the times where she just wanted ICE CREAM. Mmmm, ice cream. Great now she wanted some. This thought reminded her that she still had that sugar quill in her hand, which once again found its way to her mouth so she could nipple at the tip of it. "Want one? I have more in my bag."

There was the briefest moment of consideration on her part before a small nod of her head was given. "That's probably true. He probably gets tired of listening to all of our chatter each and everyday anyhow." These corridors tended to get really noisy at times.

When Evan reached into his bag and pulled out his notebook, she smiled. "Yup! In my bag as always." One of the many things she kept with her at all times. Reaching into her bag with her free hand and rummaging around for a moment she pulled it out and flipped it open. "Are we starting right here?"
This term had so far resulted in even more frequent visits for melon bread. He hadn't liked Healer Poppy at all, but the delicious snacks - once confirmed they'd all been safe - HAD been really tasty and reminded him just how much he loved that particular delicacy when Halmeoni would make it for him. The elves made a delicious batch too so he frequented them for this request. "It's one of the best places in the castle." Who didn't like food? "Pads usually makes me go outside for stretching too. She has a lot of energy." Which certainly made sense given she was still so young. He hadn't noticed the sugar quill at first, but when she brought attention to it and offered one, he couldn't help but nod his head yes. He had quite the sweet tooth. "Yes, please. Thanks."

Considering how often people passed by this area, he could only imagine the portraits would be sick of them OFTEN. But then again, how often did people stop to talk to them? Maybe they also did like the attention? He wasn't sure how he'd feel if he ended up as a portrait. Though... how did that happen anyways?

Opening his notebook and scanning the notes, he could see this area was not yet included, so her question brought a nod. "We might as well. We're here and it doesn't look like we've done this part yet." Unless he'd forgotten to make notes which..... that would be quite disappointing.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,408

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The portraits might seem a bit more irritated in the recent days, but who could blame them with vines moving around their portraits and wrapping around their frames so much that some can't even see who is around. While the portraits try to make sense of the vines the students might need to watch where they step as a vine sneaks its way out to tickle the leg a person (Evan) near by.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:04 AM   #14 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

He probably should have noticed that the portraits that were around had seemed rather irritable, and he should have also assumed from the get go finding the one he was hoping for would be even more difficult with the vines being as obtrusive as they were these days. But no matter. Glancing over his notes, he noticed that it did appear they had not explored this area.

Evan moved to take a step forward, not noticing the vine reaching out towards him, and felt it brush his leg which caused a soft yelp as he looked down. "What... was that particular vine there a second ago?" They'd noticed these popping up overnight but...

Just how fast DID it grow?
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Privet Drive Mod





DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,884

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Did that vine just mOvE???

Aries had been happily making his way to class when he felt something move across the wall. And he could almost swear it was a snake - until he saw all those vines wrapped around the portraits.

Stopping by Evan, he poked one nearing the ravenclaw's leg with his wand, "I think this one wants to be your friend!"
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,408

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The vine kept moving around and brushing against the boy. As another child came near the vine moved to reach both boys before wrapping around Evan's legs and moving to wrap around Aries pulling the boys closer together.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:46 AM   #17 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

He was still staring down at the vine, rather confused if he'd missed it before or if it had grown just while standing there, but not having really noticed it before he hadn't been able to reach any sort of conclusion. And then he heard another voice, and glanced up, spotting Flamsteed. "It wants to be my friend?"

Did that mean it HAD recently grown, or moved or... whatever it is these vines were doing? "Did you see it move?"

Except he didn't need to ask that, because looking down it was clear the vine WAS moving around, and he could feel it continually brushing against his leg. It looked like it was trying to grab both of them now, and before he could take a step away the vine was wrapping around Evan's legs and moving him. Was he even being pulled closer to Flamsteed?

As someone who didn't like touch, this was turning to his worst nightmare. He tried to fight back a little, but the vine was much stronger than he had anticipated. "Any chance you remember any of the spells the Professor's have specifically been using against this thing?"

Hopefully before it got to his arms.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Privet Drive Mod





DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,884

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Where was Aunt June when you needed her? But oh my god, was this her doing??? Wasn't vines like her thing? WAS SHE SETTING THEM OFF ON STUDENTS SHE DID NOT LIKE????????

Missing her classes had clearly been a really bad idea.

Gulping down the dread of becoming vine chowder, the gryffindor shook his head, "....probably the wrong Flamsteed to ask this" Where was Atlas when you needed him?

"Um, maybe - we can try like wiggling our way out of them?? but it seems like it wants US to be friends too" Was this a wrong time to be cheeky?
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default Evan, Aries & the Vines!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Dahlia nodded her head without much hesitation or thought. The kitchen was in fact one of the best places in the entire castle. No questions asked. "I have no choice but to agree with that. There's food.. how can I say no?" She would be silly to do such a thing. "How is Pads doing? Liking Hogwarts so far?" Evan was really lucky having a kitten all of his own. Everyone seemed to be getting kittens lately, except for her. Which was okay since she had her bestest buddy already. Reaching into her bag she pulled out a few sugar quills and held them out so he could choose which flavor he wanted.

Scanning the pages of her own book, Lia glanced up at Evan. "Perfect. That makes things much easier since we're already here." It made sense to start where they already were. "I don't see it on any of my pages either so.. lets get started?"

She was about to start walking down the corridor when Evan's question caught her attention. "Hmm? Which one?" Now that was a rather off thing to be saying honestly but in all truth.. it wasn't. Not lately really. With how often these vines and flowers were appearing randomly all over the place it was hard to be sure just which ones were there a moment ago and which ones.. well.. weren't.

Sparkling blue eyes shifted towards the vines that now seemed to be creeping along the portraits and.. was that one very close to Evan or was it just her? "Ummm..."

Oh! Hello, Aries! Lia would've gave a real greeting, much more than a small smile had it not been for that vine that seemed to want to tie the two boys together! "Uhhh... remain calm? I don't think wiggling will be a good idea.."
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:42 AM   #20 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Once the vines had managed to ensnare him, Evan had a difficult time remembering where his and Dahlia's conversation had been going or what they'd been discussing. He was more concerned with wracking his brain trying to figure out how to get OUT of the vine. Not to be rude or because he didn't care, but even without being in any immediate danger - close proximity to another person like this was NOT his thing and he'd very much like to have gotten out of it immediately. "Any chance you remember any spells, Lia?"

Please say yes. He was currently forgetting everything.

The wrong Flamsteed? Ev wasn't sure if he meant that as he should have been asking this one's twin, or Professor Flamsteed. Though he very much would have preferred to see the latter in this moment. Or any professor, really. Because the only spell that was coming to mind was bombarda and that seemed a poor idea in this scenario. "... Which Flamsteed are you?" Was this the one who was afraid of cows or the one who had skipped herbology?

..... were they different?

"..... do you think maybe the vines were brought by the board of governors to do things like THIS and get all the students to get along again?" Considering they'd sent Healer Poppy last time, anything seemed possible. Though he also seemed to think more and more like a conspiracy theorist as time went on. "Wiggling could be bad if this thing reacts anything like devil's snare.... and I don't really know how this DOES react, since it seems pretty much like it doesn't go away." Pull one out, and it was like it came back with friends.

"Anyone know if herbiviscus has a counter spell we could use?"
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

What was going on around here?

One moment Evan and her were talking about portraits and searching for hidden passageways again and the next Evan and Aries were tangled up in vines! Why couldn't they were just have a normal year? Dahlia blinked at hearing her name. Evan's question had once again snapped her thoughts right back to where there should be. The here and now.

"Erm.. I remember tons of spells but.." how about one they could actually use right now? Now that's what she needed to remember. Lia chewed at her bottom lip in thought. She was a Ravenclaw. A Ravenclaw and a bookworm. A Ravenclaw, a bookworm AND a mini herbologist in the make.. possibly. All she had to do was THINK. "Diffindo? You can use that to cut yourself free.. carefully." She was pretty sure she had heard of that spell being used before around the castle on the vines.

"He's Aries, right?" Please say she was right. Mixing up twins was only fun when done on purpose by the twins themselves.

Well.. now that was a really good question. One that she wouldn't put past the governors anymore after last term. What with all that happened around Hogwarts anyhow, it was hard not to believe anything. "I'm not sure of a counter spell but what about a shrinking spell? Maybe that might work if you don't want to try to cut yourself free?"
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:28 PM   #22 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Diffindo was definitely a good option, well... if he trusted his hands to sever only the vines and not accidentally get himself or the Flamsteed. Aries, it seemed to be, at least per Dahlia whose opinion he trusted quite a lot. Besides, considering the interactions he'd had previously with who he knew was Atlas... the jokes and tone did seem different, so it would make sense this was the other twin.

A shrinking charm though... that was definitely a good idea and he smiled at Dahlia to show he thought so. "Brilliant! If that doesn't work you think you could try to cut us out, Lia?" He finagled his wand better in his hand, moving it carefully like a V over the vines as he did so and saying the spell. "Reducio!" Hopefully that worked. And if not, hopefully Dahlia or Aries would have steadier hands and less fear of using diffindo to at least cut the boys free.

Evan didn't much care if someone accidentally got him, he just preferred to not be the cause of someone ELSE getting hurt.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 01:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,721

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

One of the two had to work. It's all she had right now besides rushing off to look for someone else who could help. What if they vines got to her before she made it to a source of help? Then what? So yeah.. this needed to work.

Lia smiled softly and nodded her head at Evan before even fully having a chance to register what he had just asked her to do. When the question finally did sink in only a moment later, the Ravenclaw nodded once more to no one in particular. "Of course." She would do what needed to be done without harming anyone. Plants were one of the things she was good at.

Hopefully shrinking the vines down would work. "Is it working? Do you want me to give it a try too?" It couldn't hurt, right?
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213