sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Election Era


Election Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Ministers for Magic, Sherman Clark [IC January 2086 - December 2089; OOC February 2015 - June 2016] & Althea Scabior [IC January 2090 - December 2093; OOC February 2016 - June 2017]

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default Office of Aron Ashburry-Hawthorne, Department Head
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf




The office of the Department Head of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes lies smack bang in the middle of level three; the main doors led to the reception area, through which access to the main work areas was possible, and a smaller door opened out into the main internal corridor, with the break room and conference room across that hallway, and the bathroom to the right if you happened to exit the office from this smaller door.

The office itself is large, with a sizeable desk positioned opposite of the door by one of the large windows so that Aron can both see those who enter the office right away and still catch a glimpse of the great outdoors. On his desk, besides paperwork organized in various stacks and folders, is a framed photo next to a potted poppy that he brought up with him from his former position in Magical Law Enforcement.

Several comfy, but not too comfy, chairs sit on the opposite side of his desk for anyone who has official business with the DMAC Head. Scattered around the office and up against the walls are a variety of potted plants Aron had importanted from his hometown back in Australia. Opposite of the large windows on the opposite side of the office is an arched table with several chairs facing presentation board where small meetings and presentations may be held. In another corner of the office lies a fireplace with a limited connection to the floo network. Beside the fireplace at an angle facing towards it is a large comfy looking couch where Aron tends to get work done after office hours.

Please knock before you enter. Aron is not fond unannounced entrances when he is working.
Quote:
OOC: Please read the thread description before posting here! This isn't strictly a public thread, but anyone is welcome to have their character knock on the door, assuming they come through the reception first. The office can be used, with permission from the Department Head, for division meetings if the conference room is in use, or if a smaller, more intimate setting is required.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 05-20-2014 at 10:44 AM.
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Healer
Murtlap
 
Wandastian Epitaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 55
Default

Through the standard means and secure delivery postage channels, a very important piece of owl mail is placed on the Magical Accidents and Catastrophes Department Head's desk. The missive is on special letterhead and sealed with a lime green wax seal.


__
Text Cut:
June 8th, 2084

To the Ministry Department Heads:

If you have not been informed, St Mungoís Hospital, in conjunction with Mr. Anthony J. Cresswell and his team of Ministry Healers, will be conducting Health Evaluations starting late this afternoon within the Ministry building.

Levels 1 though 4 will attend their examinations in the Technology Lounge on Level 1. Levels 5 though 9 will proceed to the Atrium on Level 8. Appointments are being scheduled for you and your employees and will be sent out via memo shortly.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this time.

Wandastian Epitaph
St. Mungoís Head Healer
M.H.D.
__________________
Wandastian Epitaph is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: this rubbish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandastian Epitaph View Post
Through the standard means and secure delivery postage channels, a very important piece of owl mail is placed on the Magical Accidents and Catastrophes Department Head's desk. The missive is on special letterhead and sealed with a lime green wax seal.


__
Text Cut:
June 8th, 2084

To the Ministry Department Heads:

If you have not been informed, St Mungoís Hospital, in conjunction with Mr. Anthony J. Cresswell and his team of Ministry Healers, will be conducting Health Evaluations starting late this afternoon within the Ministry building.

Levels 1 though 4 will attend their examinations in the Technology Lounge on Level 1. Levels 5 though 9 will proceed to the Atrium on Level 8. Appointments are being scheduled for you and your employees and will be sent out via memo shortly.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this time.

Wandastian Epitaph
St. Mungoís Head Healer
M.H.D.

Kicking back with both boots on top of his desk, Aron leaned back into his comfortable chair as he skimmed the Daily Prophet for any sort of update on the school situation. Not that he was really expecting the Prophet to have anything, but he was still looking. It was driving him absolutely mad that he hadn't had any contact with Seren, and trying to explain to their son why mommy couldn't come home on the weekend and this and that was breaking his heart. It was like watching a dendrobium slowly wither away to nothing. He could tell how much their son was missing his mommy...and he wasn't alone.

Finding nothing, the department head was half tempted to incendio the paper just to relieve some stress, when a letter joined him at his desk. St. Mungo's? Holy holly has something happened to Seren at the scho---

"What blazing blueberries is this?" he exclaimed as his eyes pierced the parchment. What...just...WHAT? And that bloke down in Speciality was working in kahoots with them on this...this rubbish examination?

Alright...THIS was getting burned. Hot headed and ill tempered, he pointed his wand at the letter and incendio'd it and left the ashed on his desk as he stormed out of his office. Lifts best be working. He and his employees did not have time for this.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC
Abraxan
 
Hera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Perth, AU (GMT +8)
Posts: 25,094

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
Default
Ĺ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ Ĺ Team House Elf

A silver patronus of an African Wild Dog tore into the room and came to a swift halt in front of the Department Heads desk. Its head hung low, ears pinned back and tail out straight indicated tension and urgency in its purpose. Emily's voice filled the room as the silver dog opened its mouth.

"Aron, we need your best healer in the Auror Office immediately."

With the message delivered the silver dog patronus faded away in wisps.
__________________
Hera is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
A silver patronus of an African Wild Dog tore into the room and came to a swift halt in front of the Department Heads desk. Its head hung low, ears pinned back and tail out straight indicated tension and urgency in its purpose. Emily's voice filled the room as the silver dog opened its mouth.

"Aron, we need your best healer in the Auror Office immediately."

With the message delivered the silver dog patronus faded away in wisps.
Finalizing some paperwork and logistics for the upcoming training, Aron had not been expecting the patronus and nearly smudged his freshly inked parchment when the silver dog came leaping into his office. He, naturally, recognized it immediately as Emily's - something that he often found ironic given its form - and immediately jumped to his feet. It was a rare thing indeed for her to send a patronus his way, so he knew it was serious. "Roger that," he whispered to himself.

Keeping his wand in its holster for now, he rushed towards his office door. He needed to head down to Specialty anyway, so rather than send his own patronus he would just deliver the message personally. Probably head over to the Auror Office as well.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Billywig
 
dan arjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 3,333

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cullen Maximus Pavus Trevelyan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Zacharias David McMillan
Minister's Office
x2
Default
Science Freak | Royalty in Love

A paper crane flew inside the office and landed on the table. It bears the handwriting of the Junior Undersecretary.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Ashbury-Hawthorne,

I hope you are well. I wrote this letter to ask for a moment of your time so I can come to your office for a simple meeting. I would like to discuss the upcoming event in the Ministry and with regards to the assignment of the liaison officer for the department.

It could be at anytime at your convenience.

Thank you very much!

Yours truly,
Zacharias McMillan
__________________
I see trees of green,

Red roses too.

I see 'em bloom for me and for you.

And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.
dan arjay is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan arjay View Post
A paper crane flew inside the office and landed on the table. It bears the handwriting of the Junior Undersecretary.
Paperwork in order, Aron picked up his stack of pamphlets to hand out to the other departments for their announcement boards and was just about to leave his desk when the paper crane flew on to his desk. Not being in too much of a hurry, he took a few steps back to open it up and read the memo inside. "Hmmm, wonder what this it about this time," he mused to himself as he pulled a piece of parchment from his desk, scribbled a reply, and sent a Ministry memo back in the direction of the Junior Undersecretary. No fancy signature origami
for the Australian. Ministry paper airplanes suited his needs just fine.

Memo sent off, he counted the pamphlets one more time and then headed out of his office, most likely to stop by the work areas to make sure his Obliviators were ready, which meant checking in with Rusty primarily.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 12-06-2014, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,628

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Taking some time right after she was done with work, Victoria made her way to level three. She hadn't seen or spoken to Aron in awhile and she knew they hadn't got off on the right foot when the infestation was going on, so this was a great opportunity. She wasn't afraid of a challenge to prove her worth to people that might have a bad impression of her.

Stopping at the reception desk she was guided towards the office and now she stood at the door. Checking in her bag she found her favorite quill and parchment, good all there and all set. So running a hand through her hair once more to look presentable after working her manager position she knocked on the door.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 12-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Taking some time right after she was done with work, Victoria made her way to level three. She hadn't seen or spoken to Aron in awhile and she knew they hadn't got off on the right foot when the infestation was going on, so this was a great opportunity. She wasn't afraid of a challenge to prove her worth to people that might have a bad impression of her.

Stopping at the reception desk she was guided towards the office and now she stood at the door. Checking in her bag she found her favorite quill and parchment, good all there and all set. So running a hand through her hair once more to look presentable after working her manager position she knocked on the door.
Bloody hell what a bloomin' disaster this was.

Hunched over his desk standing rather than sitting as his quill flew over the paperwork and Ministry memos, he had to wonder how in Merlin's name a bake sale at a muggle elementary school could go so incredibly wrong. Can-can creme brŻlťe to three classes of first graders. Poor ankle biters were probably in tears right now from their sore stubby little legs being trapped in that kick line for an hour. Usually the man was able to see some of the humor in these sorts of accidents - because sometimes you just had to laugh to get through the day and mountains of catastrophes that could pile up - but seemingly targeting little tikes? That was just not amusing.

Seren's parental instincts were rubbing off more on him that he was clearly willing to admit.

He hadn't heard the knock, being too busy muttering to himself in his thick-under-the-influence-of-frustration Australian accent, but certainly saw Victoria when he flung open the door with a flick of his wand to allow the Ministry memos to go about their delivery.

"Woah, duck and cover there, Sheila."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 12-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,628

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Bloody hell what a bloomin' disaster this was.

Hunched over his desk standing rather than sitting as his quill flew over the paperwork and Ministry memos, he had to wonder how in Merlin's name a bake sale at a muggle elementary school could go so incredibly wrong. Can-can creme brŻlťe to three classes of first graders. Poor ankle biters were probably in tears right now from their sore stubby little legs being trapped in that kick line for an hour. Usually the man was able to see some of the humor in these sorts of accidents - because sometimes you just had to laugh to get through the day and mountains of catastrophes that could pile up - but seemingly targeting little tikes? That was just not amusing.

Seren's parental instincts were rubbing off more on him that he was clearly willing to admit.

He hadn't heard the knock, being too busy muttering to himself in his thick-under-the-influence-of-frustration Australian accent, but certainly saw Victoria when he flung open the door with a flick of his wand to allow the Ministry memos to go about their delivery.

"Woah, duck and cover there, Sheila."

She had been just waiting patiently when all of the sudden things were being flown at her. Ducking out of the way as the memo's zipped past she stood straightening her outfit. Now she knew she probably didn't have the best rapport with this one, but they had met and interacted in a very sensitive and rough time in her life, so now it was time to make amends and prove she was not that person he met a few years ago.

"Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne, I hope I have not caught you at a bad time. Your receptionist said I could find you in here." Was it alright to come in? She didn't want to intrude if it was a bad time, so she just stayed at the doorway a little in and a little out. "If you could spare a few moments I would like to speak with you and get some of your opinions and ideas on a few matters." She had a list of things already compiled in her notebook and hoped to be adding some in this department as well.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 12-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She had been just waiting patiently when all of the sudden things were being flown at her. Ducking out of the way as the memo's zipped past she stood straightening her outfit. Now she knew she probably didn't have the best rapport with this one, but they had met and interacted in a very sensitive and rough time in her life, so now it was time to make amends and prove she was not that person he met a few years ago.

"Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne, I hope I have not caught you at a bad time. Your receptionist said I could find you in here." Was it alright to come in? She didn't want to intrude if it was a bad time, so she just stayed at the doorway a little in and a little out. "If you could spare a few moments I would like to speak with you and get some of your opinions and ideas on a few matters." She had a list of things already compiled in her notebook and hoped to be adding some in this department as well.
Was there ever a 'good' time for Accidents and Catastrophes? Although he did not risk the sarcastic reply since last time he had used some of his wit it had fallen on deaf ears. Some people just could not appreciate his dry sense of humor. Pity.

"More rogue bludgers?" he asked as he beckoned her to step inside and take a seat. He hadn't received a report about such a thing yet, or snitches breaking free and shooting through muggle car and house windows.
He quickly scribbled down some last remarks on the paperwork he had been working on and filed it away on the side of his desk. It would do for now. Looked like another late night at the office. He would have to send word to Seren that he would be a bit late. "Or you all cooking up something else in Games and Sports that needs our services?"

__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 12-14-2014, 02:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,628

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Aron
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Was there ever a 'good' time for Accidents and Catastrophes? Although he did not risk the sarcastic reply since last time he had used some of his wit it had fallen on deaf ears. Some people just could not appreciate his dry sense of humor. Pity.

"More rogue bludgers?" he asked as he beckoned her to step inside and take a seat. He hadn't received a report about such a thing yet, or snitches breaking free and shooting through muggle car and house windows.
He quickly scribbled down some last remarks on the paperwork he had been working on and filed it away on the side of his desk. It would do for now. Looked like another late night at the office. He would have to send word to Seren that he would be a bit late. "Or you all cooking up something else in Games and Sports that needs our services?"



Rogue bludger? She gave him a puzzled look before chuckling and waving her hand, "Oh no, no none of that thank goodness." She hoped to not have any more of those type of bludgers at least for a while. Though now that Bart was with bludgers daily he probably should be on hand. You never knew when her son would come up with a crazy idea. "Nothing sports related today Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne." She was there on business, but not from her department.

Taking a seat and pulling out her parchment she crossed her legs and moved on with the real reason she was there. "As you are well aware I am one of the candidates for Minster and I am very driven to prove that I am the best fit for the success of our ministry. I've been visiting all the department heads, because I want to hear what you all believe will make a good minister and what needs you feel are the most important in your department. If and when I do win the election I want to use these notes to help us move forward and continue on the road of success that you all as department heads already have us on." She was certainly on their side, working closely with her own and being friends with a few, she knew how hard the each worked.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 12-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Aron was torn. With one of his own campaigning in the election he was striving to separate his work environment from politics - outside of announcing Sherman as a candidate to the department that is. Especially as a department head who essentially already had his vote solidified after the cocktail party but did not exactly wish to sway the views of his employees who should be able to make up their minds on their own. So while he did wish to discuss this sort of thing openly, as was his duty, he was a bit put off that she was choosing to just casually stop by without an appointment to discuss such a serious matter while he was still on the clock.

"Shouldn't you be the one telling me what will make a good Minister?" he chuckled with a small smile as he relaxed into his seat a bit more. Taking a page from that Becca's book. Sort of. Hadn't that been what the woman had been going on about in her speech? He honestly could not remember right at this moment. "While I do value this discussion, I wish you had made an appointment with me. Perhaps we could arrange something over lunch? At the risk of a potential dip in productivity, employee morale, and a hostile work environment I wish to keep these sorts of things separated from where I work. Had a real good tiff break out at my previous workplace during big time elections, you see."

He also just liked to keep his political discussions casual and laid back, something his office and department head meetings did not really provide. Which is why he typically remained silent while tapping his toes against the bottoms of his boots.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 12-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,628

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Aron
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Aron was torn. With one of his own campaigning in the election he was striving to separate his work environment from politics - outside of announcing Sherman as a candidate to the department that is. Especially as a department head who essentially already had his vote solidified after the cocktail party but did not exactly wish to sway the views of his employees who should be able to make up their minds on their own. So while he did wish to discuss this sort of thing openly, as was his duty, he was a bit put off that she was choosing to just casually stop by without an appointment to discuss such a serious matter while he was still on the clock.

"Shouldn't you be the one telling me what will make a good Minister?" he chuckled with a small smile as he relaxed into his seat a bit more. Taking a page from that Becca's book. Sort of. Hadn't that been what the woman had been going on about in her speech? He honestly could not remember right at this moment. "While I do value this discussion, I wish you had made an appointment with me. Perhaps we could arrange something over lunch? At the risk of a potential dip in productivity, employee morale, and a hostile work environment I wish to keep these sorts of things separated from where I work. Had a real good tiff break out at my previous workplace during big time elections, you see."

He also just liked to keep his political discussions casual and laid back, something his office and department head meetings did not really provide. Which is why he typically remained silent while tapping his toes against the bottoms of his boots.


She gave a tight grin and held back the notion of ruling her eyes. "Well Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne, I'd love to tell you all my views, but I am not going to come in and take over when there are very capable department heads like yourself. What I want to do if find out what you feel is the most needed, especially in your department, so that I can work to help you get your needs met. I'd like to know if you would like more of a hands on minister or one that just checks in." It was a give and take position and she wanted to hear from all as well as give her opinions. "Communication is very important to me and knowing everyone's views help me do better for you." Her experiences fully helping her with that. "Since myself nor my manager have been told of any upcoming debates or panels I have gotten my views out to the public, which if you get the Daily Prophet you might have seen." Since she was still a little irritated about how the meet and greet, which was suppose to be just for introductions seemed to turn into a full out speech for some. She was trying to take the necessary steps to get her full views and ideas out.

She gave him a small look, feel like he was trying to blow her off nicely, "Well we can certainly do that, but seeing that it is towards the end of the work day and I am a very busy manager in my own department I took a chance to stop in. I do apologize if this was a bad time. I'm not sure how it could get hostile we are all adults and I value everyone's opinions and don't take criticism badly." So if anyone had an issue with her campaign or her views that would be their choice. "So if you would like to reschedule this little meeting to be more formal I am fine with that, just please let me know when and I can write it into my calendar right now." She had her bag she could do that much. "Though with the minister being your boss which I'd rather see it as team mate since we all work together towards one goal, I can't see how you could keep this separate from work, since it is work." Did he not have his own department thinking of things that could help with events for the candidates? She fully remembered their first meeting being about how the department could help, so wasn't that mixing Politics with department. She was very confused by that. "I am sorry to hear that your old work place had people that couldn't handle mature issues and discussions such as politics, but I assure you that won't be happening today." Giving him a relaxed smile she held her planner to mark the appointment if he did wish not to continue now.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 12-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Holy honking daffodils.

All THAT...over the simple request to discuss things over lunch?

Merlin had the woman missed the point. Campaign posters and discussions of the sort while on the clock were not only a distraction from the work of his employees, but a private unscheduled audience with individual candidates demonstrated an unfair advantage. Not every candidate could simply waltz into his office like Victoria had done - and he had instructed Sherman NOT to do. It would be an abuse of his position as a department head and an abuse of her position as a Ministry employee.

The stroking of his ego was appreciated - greatly appreciated, by the way - but he still needed to chuckle at the over all vibe. And thus he did as he pulled his calendar out of his topmost drawer and ran his finger over the pages. "How does....this Sunday at noon or next Wednesday at noon work for you? We can meet at that little place across the street if you'd like."

Man had to eat.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,628

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Holy honking daffodils.

All THAT...over the simple request to discuss things over lunch?

Merlin had the woman missed the point. Campaign posters and discussions of the sort while on the clock were not only a distraction from the work of his employees, but a private unscheduled audience with individual candidates demonstrated an unfair advantage. Not every candidate could simply waltz into his office like Victoria had done - and he had instructed Sherman NOT to do. It would be an abuse of his position as a department head and an abuse of her position as a Ministry employee.

The stroking of his ego was appreciated - greatly appreciated, by the way - but he still needed to chuckle at the over all vibe. And thus he did as he pulled his calendar out of his topmost drawer and ran his finger over the pages. "How does....this Sunday at noon or next Wednesday at noon work for you? We can meet at that little place across the street if you'd like."

Man had to eat.
She sat with her legs crossed looking down at her notebook. Not sure why he was the only department head to make this so much trouble so far. Even the one with a wife running was more polite and professional. Her eyes blinked up as he suggest a Sunday, a Sunday. He was joking right? "The weekend is for my family and it is my weekend to have my daughters so Sunday will not work." The election was important, but so was her family. She highly believed in both could work together if you made the time.

Flipping her schedule to Wednesday she had meeting after meeting, but she could squeeze in for lunch she supposed, though she felt that she was being blown off in a discreet way which didn't sit well with the blonde. She'd much rather just be told no then blown off politely. "Wednesday will work. " She jotted it down and got up.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne, I will see you Wednesday." She turned and left the mans office.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 12-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default *le wraps up 10 billion years later* weeeeee holidays
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She sat with her legs crossed looking down at her notebook. Not sure why he was the only department head to make this so much trouble so far. Even the one with a wife running was more polite and professional. Her eyes blinked up as he suggest a Sunday, a Sunday. He was joking right? "The weekend is for my family and it is my weekend to have my daughters so Sunday will not work." The election was important, but so was her family. She highly believed in both could work together if you made the time.

Flipping her schedule to Wednesday she had meeting after meeting, but she could squeeze in for lunch she supposed, though she felt that she was being blown off in a discreet way which didn't sit well with the blonde. She'd much rather just be told no then blown off politely. "Wednesday will work. " She jotted it down and got up.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne, I will see you Wednesday." She turned and left the mans office.
Fair enough. He gave a small nod and moved his quill away from Sunday. He began scribbling down their lunch date and looked up to ask some follow up questions when he saw the back of the woman's head soon followed by his door.

"See you..." he muttered to himself as he dropped the quill on his desk. "...when and where Wednesday...exactly?" Attention back to his calendar, he placed a final period at the end of the memo and set it off to the side. Hopefully lunch breaks would line up Wednesday...and that that had just been an unspoken agreement to go to the place across the street.

Now...back to his paperwork.

__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 01:27 AM   #18 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,681

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

It took Derek about five minutes to be at Aron's office door after he got the memo from his boss. He didn't know exactly what it was about, but for some reason he thought it concerned the mutants, so the lab technician was there in no time.

He would consider the fact his potion had failed and all of the mutants were now dead, but he was too confident they had done the job perfectly well, so he wasn't worried about that. Although that was indeed a very odd mutation, so you could never know.

The former Gryffindor knocked on his boss' door and waited.
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster




MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,205

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
x12 x12
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Lex could have been here SO MUCH sooner if she didn't have to stop to show Daichi where MLE was. Seriously, only a floor difference and he was LOST. Lucky for him she decided to help but it set her back now and she was trying to catch the man before he went to lunch. If she didn't...she might have to stage a whole scene, make it look urgent and hope there was some administrative help that could tell her where he'd gone to lunch.

Hopefully she wouldn't need to go through all that--ALTHOUGH, if she did, she could flash her YATI badge real quick before the person could realize it's not legit Auror stuff then demand things all assertive like.

Huh, funny how she was now hoping the man wasn't there but she did knock because she'd already gotten to the door.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
It took Derek about five minutes to be at Aron's office door after he got the memo from his boss. He didn't know exactly what it was about, but for some reason he thought it concerned the mutants, so the lab technician was there in no time.

He would consider the fact his potion had failed and all of the mutants were now dead, but he was too confident they had done the job perfectly well, so he wasn't worried about that. Although that was indeed a very odd mutation, so you could never know.

The former Gryffindor knocked on his boss' door and waited.
Oh good. Surely that was Derek.

Putting some paperwork aside, the Australian slipping his boots back on so as to at least give off some sort of professional appeal with his jeans and white t-shirt before flicking his wand towards the door to open it up. Sure enough, there was Derek standing there ... looking as nervous as ever.

"Come on in," he greeted, beckoning the bloke in with his wand hand. "Promise I won't take up too much of your time so you can get back to your lab."

Emphasis on your, for the record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Lex could have been here SO MUCH sooner if she didn't have to stop to show Daichi where MLE was. Seriously, only a floor difference and he was LOST. Lucky for him she decided to help but it set her back now and she was trying to catch the man before he went to lunch. If she didn't...she might have to stage a whole scene, make it look urgent and hope there was some administrative help that could tell her where he'd gone to lunch.

Hopefully she wouldn't need to go through all that--ALTHOUGH, if she did, she could flash her YATI badge real quick before the person could realize it's not legit Auror stuff then demand things all assertive like.

Huh, funny how she was now hoping the man wasn't there but she did knock because she'd already gotten to the door.
Signing off on one last request for concealment charms in a muggle zone, Aron tossed his quill haphazardly on his desk when he heard the knock. So much for catching an early lunch. Oh well. He could always buzz his personal assistant to go bring him something should whatever this was took too long. Although the man longed to get out of his office, even if just to the cafeteria.

"Come in," he grumbled, flicking his wand towards the door to unlock it.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 12:48 AM   #21 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,681

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Oh good. Surely that was Derek.

Putting some paperwork aside, the Australian slipping his boots back on so as to at least give off some sort of professional appeal with his jeans and white t-shirt before flicking his wand towards the door to open it up. Sure enough, there was Derek standing there ... looking as nervous as ever.

"Come on in," he greeted, beckoning the bloke in with his wand hand. "Promise I won't take up too much of your time so you can get back to your lab."

Emphasis on your, for the record.
Derek blinked when the door opened and stepped into Aron's office after his boss invited him in. He nodded when the man said he wouldn't take up too much of his time and walked up to the desk looking sliightly out of place. That, after all, wasn't his lab.

It was actually his boss' office, which was... somewhat intimidating.

Um... okay. Now what?
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 05:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Derek blinked when the door opened and stepped into Aron's office after his boss invited him in. He nodded when the man said he wouldn't take up too much of his time and walked up to the desk looking sliightly out of place. That, after all, wasn't his lab.

It was actually his boss' office, which was... somewhat intimidating.

Um... okay. Now what?
Aron sighed and shook his head. "Oh come on now, mate," he chuckled while gesturing towards the seat opposite him. "Don't just stand there like you'e got a stick up your rear. Have a seat."

Derek was one of his more intriguing employees, and while the Australian loved pushing the blokes buttons...he sure wished the guy would relax a little. Didn't have to look and act like an unpotted mandrake. Sans the screeching, thankfully.

"Tea or coffee?"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 03:55 AM   #23 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,681

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default Gosh, how is he so AWKWARD? o__O
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Aron sighed and shook his head. "Oh come on now, mate," he chuckled while gesturing towards the seat opposite him. "Don't just stand there like you'e got a stick up your rear. Have a seat."

Derek was one of his more intriguing employees, and while the Australian loved pushing the blokes buttons...he sure wished the guy would relax a little. Didn't have to look and act like an unpotted mandrake. Sans the screeching, thankfully.

"Tea or coffee?"
Derek deadpanned at Aron's comment and........ finally took a seat. He rarely had to go to his boss' office and he wasn't quite sure what to do. ...Actually, he wasn't sure what to do in most- well, all social situations, so he... just... sat there.

...

"Um... um, uh.. coffee." He almost said 'neither' but something told him that would be rude. Or would it? Derek wasn't so sure. He wished his boss would skip the small talk - because Derek was terrible at those - and just go straight to the point, but he was most definitely not going to say that out loud. What if it made matters worse and the man started asking him millions of questions and then Derek would end up talking a lot more and that would be just terrible.

So he remained quiet, as usual, just waiting for Aron to say whatever he was going to say.
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster




MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,205

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
x12 x12
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Signing off on one last request for concealment charms in a muggle zone, Aron tossed his quill haphazardly on his desk when he heard the knock. So much for catching an early lunch. Oh well. He could always buzz his personal assistant to go bring him something should whatever this was took too long. Although the man longed to get out of his office, even if just to the cafeteria.

"Come in," he grumbled, flicking his wand towards the door to unlock it.
She wasn't sure because of how muffled it sounded but it sounded like someone said to come in. That being the case, Alexa pushed the door open and let herself in. This was her first real spy mission and she couldn't afford to botch this up. Rainey made it very clear, if she messed this up, she would have nothing but desk work to look forward to for a loooong time. Kinda sad considering she didn't EVEN have a desk...so...floor work?

"Afternoon Sir, hope I'm not disturbing." See? She was even getting the formality thing down. Maybe one day she'd even mean it! The wonders of the working world.

"The name's Alexa, 'm a YATI from up there in the MLE." Introductions and all. "The one that got you the extra drink at the orientation." Which, by the way should have gotten her brownie points. JUST saying. "And I'm doing some rounds of patrol." While spying on you, no big deal, carry on. "Thought I'd check to be sure no one'll off you in your office when everyone else steps out--all a part of the job, of course."

Cue excited grin.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 03-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Derek deadpanned at Aron's comment and........ finally took a seat. He rarely had to go to his boss' office and he wasn't quite sure what to do. ...Actually, he wasn't sure what to do in most- well, all social situations, so he... just... sat there.

...

"Um... um, uh.. coffee." He almost said 'neither' but something told him that would be rude. Or would it? Derek wasn't so sure. He wished his boss would skip the small talk - because Derek was terrible at those - and just go straight to the point, but he was most definitely not going to say that out loud. What if it made matters worse and the man started asking him millions of questions and then Derek would end up talking a lot more and that would be just terrible.

So he remained quiet, as usual, just waiting for Aron to say whatever he was going to say.
An excellent choice, seeing as the department had the best coffee in the Ministry. Summoning two cups - more specifically a dainty cup for Derek and a large orange mug for himself - the department head poured coffee into them and placed the teacup in front of Derek.

Not even pausing to blow on his before taking a sip, the scalding hot liquid doing a lot more than teasing his taste buds, he held the mug against his lower lip as he observed Derek. "So, Derek, how long have you been working here?" he questioned, already knowing the answer himself but asking just to make some small talk before jumping into things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
She wasn't sure because of how muffled it sounded but it sounded like someone said to come in. That being the case, Alexa pushed the door open and let herself in. This was her first real spy mission and she couldn't afford to botch this up. Rainey made it very clear, if she messed this up, she would have nothing but desk work to look forward to for a loooong time. Kinda sad considering she didn't EVEN have a desk...so...floor work?

"Afternoon Sir, hope I'm not disturbing." See? She was even getting the formality thing down. Maybe one day she'd even mean it! The wonders of the working world.

"The name's Alexa, 'm a YATI from up there in the MLE." Introductions and all. "The one that got you the extra drink at the orientation." Which, by the way should have gotten her brownie points. JUST saying. "And I'm doing some rounds of patrol." While spying on you, no big deal, carry on. "Thought I'd check to be sure no one'll off you in your office when everyone else steps out--all a part of the job, of course."

Cue excited grin.
"No, not at all," he said, his tone laced entirely with dry sarcasm. Just preventing him from getting a sandwich or something. Of course he remember this one, especially after all the stories he had heard from Seren. "I remember," he nodded with a subtle tip of the head. Leaning back a bit in his chair, the Australian stretched his arms a bit and flexed his muscles while trying not to snort.

Rounds. In his office? What in Merlin's name...

"Rainey got you on babysitting duty, has he?" the man teased while scratching the back of his neck. Good Merlin when Emily found out about this. "Well, as you can see...Alexa...my office is perfectly secure. No one is going to 'off' me today."

What? He was a realist. No telling what tomorrow would bring.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212