sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:


If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Wizarding World > Diagon Alley RPG > South End of the Street > Eeylops Owl Emporium

Eeylops Owl Emporium Want your very own owl? Come to Eeylops owl Emporium for all your owlcare needs.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Con_Stripes Con_Stripes is offline
 
staffed shop Eeylops Counter

Have you gotten everything you wanted? Double check and make sure as you make your way towards the back of the shop where the shopkeepers are waiting to assist you. As you reach the back you notice that like the rest of the shop, it looks old fashioned, maybe a bit rustic, but don't criticize for these shopkeepers love their shop just as much as anything.

The counter is a straight line from the door, making it easy for the shopkeepers to keep a good eye on all the customers entering the shop as well as the precious owls that they take care of here. So when you're ready to cash out, go ahead, wait in line, it wont take long.

***

Images credit to Rose ♥ (Roselyn)


Notes

What Your Owl Looks Like
Screech Owl, Spotted Owl, Barred Owl, Boobook Owl, Barn Owl, Snowy Owl, Eagle Owl, Tawny Owl, Elf Owl, Wood Owl, Barking Owl, Scops Owl, Striped Owl, Bay Owl, Fish Owl, Hawk Owl, Sooty Owl, Crested Owl, Marsh Owl, Fearful Owl

Cuckoo Owlet, Jungle Owlet, Pygmy Owlet, Long-Whiskered Owlet, Forest Owlet, Chestnut-Backed Owlet, Red-Chested Owlet


Wizarding Money
1 Galleon - 17 Sickles
1 Sickle - 29 Knuts.

Galleon - £5.00 ($9.75)
Sickle - £0.29 ($0.57)
Knut - £0.02 (2 cents)
Source HPL - Wizarding Money
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #651 (permalink)
Formerly: Meizzner



MO & DERP
Mackled Malaclaw
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Braavos
Posts: 11,123

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Théodore Montmorency
Second Year

x2 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Leopold Dudemeister-Quackenboss
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nolan Auberon
Eeylops Owl Emporium Shopkeeper
Default
I'm Batman | and Robin | +2 | Enabler | Erik pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
Well...well...well...

Leonard smiled back when he saw the little boy with the snowy owl. Snowy owls were quite popular among children, were not they? ''Oh look there..'' he said with a wink. ''A beautiful choice.'' Yes, snowy owls were fierce but beautiful. They were among Leonard's favourites. ''Sure, sure. What size of cage would you like to have? We have three options Size 1, Size 2 and Size 3. I recommend Size 2 for a Snowy Owl. And we have various kinds of food for owls. Which ones would you like to have for yours?''
Nigel looks up at Leonard thinking about cage sizes and owl food and says "I think I would like the size 2 like you said and what ever food you think is best for the owl".
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #652 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Puffskein
 
Alex_Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: District 11 x
Posts: 2,229

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexandra 'Alex' Potter
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Andie Jordan
Magical Transportation
Default to lazy to quote! xD X
=) Peeta Mellark <3||x.Dobby's Love For Socks.x||<3 Katniss Everdeen (=

Alex smiled and asked. "What food would you recomend?" The fourth year was looking down the list of food and then noticed the she needed a cage. "And would a size 3 cage do or a 2?" she added.
__________________
<3
Alex_Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #653 (permalink)
Slytherin
Doxy
 
Fira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT+3
Posts: 6,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leona Lavender
Sixth Year

x5 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua M. Carter
Magical Law Enforcement
Default
9 3/4 ticket holder / The SS Mentalist / Sherlock / The Master Of Everything / Josh + <3 = Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Nigel looks up at Leonard thinking about cage sizes and owl food and says "I think I would like the size 2 like you said and what ever food you think is best for the owl".

Leonard gave the boy another smile before wandering off to get a nice enough size 2 cage for his new Snowy Owl. ''This will be pretty comfortable for the little guy.'' he said once he came back and placed the new cage on the counter. Then...the boy asked for the best for the owl. Good. Good indeed. It seemed this little boy was going to be a fine owl owner. ''Let's see.'' Leonard said as he walked to the shelves of food. ''At this age insects will be good for your little owl. I suggest millipedes and moths for the Snowy Owl. Also it would be good if you allowed him to enjoy some meat, like mice, occasionally. Owl treats are more like rewards but they can fill its little belly too.''

Once he was finished with information, he turned back to the boy expecting his word on which one he wanted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Potter View Post
Alex smiled and asked. "What food would you recomend?" The fourth year was looking down the list of food and then noticed the she needed a cage. "And would a size 3 cage do or a 2?" she added.

''Well, well...'' Leonard brought his fingers to his chin and rubbed the area a bit as he thought over the favourite food of a Tawny owl. ''Tawny owls do enjoy most insects, as well as earthworms and mice. They consume lizards too but i can't say it is their all time favourite.'' Unable to help it, Leonard laughed. ''Tawny owls, are not they cute?'' of course they were. ''A size 2 cage will be more than enough.''

*wink*
__________________
Auror • YATIL_.________The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy...

...but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #654 (permalink)
Formerly: Meizzner



MO & DERP
Mackled Malaclaw
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Braavos
Posts: 11,123

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Théodore Montmorency
Second Year

x2 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Leopold Dudemeister-Quackenboss
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nolan Auberon
Eeylops Owl Emporium Shopkeeper
Default
I'm Batman | and Robin | +2 | Enabler | Erik pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post

Leonard gave the boy another smile before wandering off to get a nice enough size 2 cage for his new Snowy Owl. ''This will be pretty comfortable for the little guy.'' he said once he came back and placed the new cage on the counter. Then...the boy asked for the best for the owl. Good. Good indeed. It seemed this little boy was going to be a fine owl owner. ''Let's see.'' Leonard said as he walked to the shelves of food. ''At this age insects will be good for your little owl. I suggest millipedes and moths for the Snowy Owl. Also it would be good if you allowed him to enjoy some meat, like mice, occasionally. Owl treats are more like rewards but they can fill its little belly too.''

Once he was finished with information, he turned back to the boy expecting his word on which one he wanted.
Nigel looks up at the shopkeeper thinking about all the choices of food he could give his new owl. He finally decided that he would get some Owl Treats along with some moth and millipedes. " I would like some Owl Treats, moths, millipedes. And can i also get a baby owl care kit please"
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #655 (permalink)
Moderator
Fan-Fiction Mod


DERP & DoM
ICW Ambassador
Veela
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 37,212

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Theodore "Teddy" Burton
Sixth Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Delphina Prior
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | JESSIRAPTOR | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
Well...well...well...

Leonard smiled back when he saw the little boy with the snowy owl. Snowy owls were quite popular among children, were not they? ''Oh look there..'' he said with a wink. ''A beautiful choice.'' Yes, snowy owls were fierce but beautiful. They were among Leonard's favourites. ''Sure, sure. What size of cage would you like to have? We have three options Size 1, Size 2 and Size 3. I recommend Size 2 for a Snowy Owl. And we have various kinds of food for owls. Which ones would you like to have for yours?''





''Hello, hello. Welcome to Leonard's Eeylops Owl Emporium!''
Leonard welcomed the mother and kid with a wide grin, his arms spreaded to the sides. He was about to ask 'How can i help you?' but when they put the goods they wanted to buy on the counter, that was not necessary anymore. So, the handsome man smiled at them and looked back at the goods to calculate.

Well, well, well. Did not they want to buy lots of stuff?

''Nice choices of food for the Tawny.'' he commented ''I am sure you will make the cute birdy very happy. And those all, with the owl, would be...'' he eyed the goods again ''...16 Galleons, 7 Sickles and 3 Knuts.''
Zhenya was patting the little owl when the man said how much it would cost. She didn't have any money, of course, so she looked at her mother, smiling.

Lisabel smiled down at her daughter and pulled out the correct change and handed it to the man, "Thank you," she said. Then she reconsidered. She gave him a tip of 2 Galleons for his kindness. Since having her babies, she felt so generous when people were actually nice.
"I hope you have a wonderful day," she said to the man.
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #656 (permalink)
Slytherin
Doxy
 
Fira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT+3
Posts: 6,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leona Lavender
Sixth Year

x5 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua M. Carter
Magical Law Enforcement
Default
9 3/4 ticket holder / The SS Mentalist / Sherlock / The Master Of Everything / Josh + <3 = Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Nigel looks up at the shopkeeper thinking about all the choices of food he could give his new owl. He finally decided that he would get some Owl Treats along with some moth and millipedes. " I would like some Owl Treats, moths, millipedes. And can i also get a baby owl care kit please"
Leonard smiled at the Snowy Owl knowing that he was going to miss the little guy. He was one of his whole bunch of little guys, after all. Hehehe... Once the boy started to speaking again, finally having decided what he was going to get for the young owl, the man gave him a content nod before wandering off to the shelves to get each of the boy's requests.

Owl treats, a jar of moths, a jar of millipedes and a baby owl care kit. Perfect. Leonard put them all on the counter and smiled down at the boy. ''These are all, with the owl, 11 Galleons.''


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Zhenya was patting the little owl when the man said how much it would cost. She didn't have any money, of course, so she looked at her mother, smiling.

Lisabel smiled down at her daughter and pulled out the correct change and handed it to the man, "Thank you," she said. Then she reconsidered. She gave him a tip of 2 Galleons for his kindness. Since having her babies, she felt so generous when people were actually nice.
"I hope you have a wonderful day," she said to the man.
Was not this little girl very cute? Indeed she was. She made Leonard smile despite himself as he remembered his own Hogwarts days. They were quite..fast. Hehehehe...

As the mother looked for the money, the man carefully packed all the goods and presented it to them right before taking the money from the woman. ''Thank you.'' he said kindly with a respectful nod. To be honest the 2 Galleons tip surprised him but he was happy to take it. ''Thank you, madam...'' he repeated ''...for visiting Eeylops Owl Emporium. Good day to you too.''

Yes, it has been a good day so far for Leonard.
__________________
Auror • YATIL_.________The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy...

...but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.

Last edited by Fira; 04-19-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling <_<
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #657 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Dementor
 
luna pond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
Posts: 91

Hogwarts RPG Name:
charlotte lovegood
Second Year
Default

charlotte walked in trying to drown out the owls screecing and came up to the counter excuse me she said the person behind the counter
luna pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #658 (permalink)
Slytherin
Doxy
 
Fira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT+3
Posts: 6,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leona Lavender
Sixth Year

x5 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua M. Carter
Magical Law Enforcement
Default
9 3/4 ticket holder / The SS Mentalist / Sherlock / The Master Of Everything / Josh + <3 = Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna pond View Post
charlotte walked in trying to drown out the owls screecing and came up to the counter excuse me she said the person behind the counter
Just when Leonard was about to leave the counter to check the shelves, his blue eyes caught another child approach the counter. So he stopped and smiled at the kid. ''Welcome to Eeylops.'' he said kindly. Well, well...perhaps this one was a bit shy.

''How can i help you?''
__________________
Auror • YATIL_.________The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy...

...but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #659 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Puffskein
 
Alex_Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: District 11 x
Posts: 2,229

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexandra 'Alex' Potter
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Andie Jordan
Magical Transportation
Default just typed up a great RP then i had 2 reload the page and it was gone =3
=) Peeta Mellark <3||x.Dobby's Love For Socks.x||<3 Katniss Everdeen (=

Text Cut: Shopkeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post

''Well, well...'' Leonard brought his fingers to his chin and rubbed the area a bit as he thought over the favourite food of a Tawny owl. ''Tawny owls do enjoy most insects, as well as earthworms and mice. They consume lizards too but i can't say it is their all time favourite.'' Unable to help it, Leonard laughed. ''Tawny owls, are not they cute?'' of course they were. ''A size 2 cage will be more than enough.''

*wink*



Alex smiled as the shopkeeper went over the things her new owl would enjoy. "Hmm I'll take a jar of millipedes, a jar of crickets, treats and the cage please." wait that wasn't it?... the unnatural red head went over the list again in her head. "And the owl of course." she added in quickly added. "And how much would that be then." the lion said pulling out her purse wait that had muggle money it it... Oops! Alex found her other purse with her wizard money and waited for the price.
__________________
<3
Alex_Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #660 (permalink)
Formerly: Meizzner



MO & DERP
Mackled Malaclaw
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Braavos
Posts: 11,123

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Théodore Montmorency
Second Year

x2 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Leopold Dudemeister-Quackenboss
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nolan Auberon
Eeylops Owl Emporium Shopkeeper
Default
I'm Batman | and Robin | +2 | Enabler | Erik pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
Leonard smiled at the Snowy Owl knowing that he was going to miss the little guy. He was one of his whole bunch of little guys, after all. Hehehe... Once the boy started to speaking again, finally having decided what he was going to get for the young owl, the man gave him a content nod before wandering off to the shelves to get each of the boy's requests.

Owl treats, a jar of moths, a jar of millipedes and a baby owl care kit. Perfect. Leonard put them all on the counter and smiled down at the boy. ''These are all, with the owl, 11 Galleons.''
Nigel hands him the 11 galleons and says "Thank You for the owl". He then starts to leave the shop, just thinking about all the names he could think of that would fit his new snowy owl.
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #661 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Dementor
 
luna pond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
Posts: 91

Hogwarts RPG Name:
charlotte lovegood
Second Year
Default

hi charlotte said i would like an red-chested owlet please oughh and some owl treats with vitamins thanks
luna pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #662 (permalink)
Slytherin
Doxy
 
Fira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT+3
Posts: 6,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leona Lavender
Sixth Year

x5 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua M. Carter
Magical Law Enforcement
Default
9 3/4 ticket holder / The SS Mentalist / Sherlock / The Master Of Everything / Josh + <3 = Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Potter View Post


Alex smiled as the shopkeeper went over the things her new owl would enjoy. "Hmm I'll take a jar of millipedes, a jar of crickets, treats and the cage please." wait that wasn't it?... the unnatural red head went over the list again in her head. "And the owl of course." she added in quickly added. "And how much would that be then." the lion said pulling out her purse wait that had muggle money it it... Oops! Alex found her other purse with her wizard money and waited for the price.
As the girl thought over what she was going to get, Leonard eyed the Tawny Owl she got for herself carefully; a last check to make sure that the bird was healthy. The little guy was indeed healthy. Leo smiled contently. He would never ever sell a sick bird to any of his customers.

Once his attention was back on the little girl, he gave her a quick nod and quickly went to collect the goods she wanted from the shelves. When he was finally back with the goods, he carefully packed them on the counter. ''Nice choices, little lady. They all should be 12 Galleons.''


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Nigel hands him the 11 galleons and says "Thank You for the owl". He then starts to leave the shop, just thinking about all the names he could think of that would fit his new snowy owl.
Gladly, Leonard took the 11 Golden Galleons from the boy ''Thank you for visiting Eeylops.'' and once the boy left he turned back to get busy with rearranging a shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna pond View Post
hi charlotte said i would like an red-chested owlet please oughh and some owl treats with vitamins thanks

''Of course...just on a minute.'' Red-Chested Owlets were rare compared to others so Leonard was keeping them at the back of the shop. He quickly made his way to the back of the shop and came back with a healthy Red-Chested in a minute or so. Then he took a packet of vitamin owl treats and placed it on the counter. ''They are 31 Galleons. Do you wish anything else, little lady?''
__________________
Auror • YATIL_.________The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy...

...but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #663 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Lethifold
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 47,296

Hogwarts RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Aleksander J. Bunbury
Environmental Protection
Default This post is for Laura. HEHE.
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

William had heard a rumor... a rumor that the Other Murdoch was now employed in Diagon Alley. Having been employed in the Alley once himself, and knowing precisely which shop Leonard was in, the tall man couldn't resist not dropping by.

"Yoooo........ Nardoch," he called out loudly as soon as he entered the shop. Of course Willy went straight for the counter. He'd had to think up a suitable question to ask his old schoolmate so that he wouldn't look like he was just dropping in to bother the man. And once he got up to the counter he'd ask it. He would.

"SUP. Hey. So. I got a question for you." GRIN.
__________________
_______hiSS_______
__________________
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #664 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Gnome
 
Vanillasweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: India
Posts: 275

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Michelle Monique Adams
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Chase
International Cooperation
Default

Aha, Eyelops owl Emporium! So this was where she could buy a pet! And that too, an owl. This excited Chelle the most.
Walking up to the counter, she examined the various types of owls in the shop, and fixed her stare upon a beautiful owl covered in spotless white feathers. There was something unusually peaceful about its eyes that just got her.She smiled to herself and realised that her decision had been made. She wanted him.

"Hey, may I please have one snowy owl?" she asked the guy at the counter. She thought for a moment and then added, "Oh, and I'd also like a Size 2 cage, please."
Vanillasweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #665 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Dementor
 
luna pond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
Posts: 91

Hogwarts RPG Name:
charlotte lovegood
Second Year
Default

charlotte handed the man the money smiling at him she said "no thanks that will be all thanks a million" and she skipped out of the shop
luna pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #666 (permalink)
Slytherin
Doxy
 
Fira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT+3
Posts: 6,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leona Lavender
Sixth Year

x5 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua M. Carter
Magical Law Enforcement
Default Sorry i was sick. And actually its Lara, without the 'u' :D
9 3/4 ticket holder / The SS Mentalist / Sherlock / The Master Of Everything / Josh + <3 = Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
William had heard a rumor... a rumor that the Other Murdoch was now employed in Diagon Alley. Having been employed in the Alley once himself, and knowing precisely which shop Leonard was in, the tall man couldn't resist not dropping by.

"Yoooo........ Nardoch," he called out loudly as soon as he entered the shop. Of course Willy went straight for the counter. He'd had to think up a suitable question to ask his old schoolmate so that he wouldn't look like he was just dropping in to bother the man. And once he got up to the counter he'd ask it. He would.

"SUP. Hey. So. I got a question for you." GRIN.
Leonard was checking on a sick owlet when he heard the very familiar voice and even though he thought nicknames did not go well with his super charisma, he had to admit it that this brought a smile to his face. He whistled exeggeratedly loudly at first while wearing a long, leather glove pretending not to be interested in who had just come.

Nardoch and...he had a question?

Unable to help it Leonard let out a cheerful laugh as he presented his arm with the leather to the owlet. The man turned to face the other with a wide smile on his face when the bird jumped on his arm perching. ''Well...Willy. It is good to see you, mate.'' Bringing his finger to the owl's beak, he lifted it up a bit to check it while talking to his friend. ''What is it? Now you have made me really curious.''


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanillasweetheart View Post
Aha, Eyelops owl Emporium! So this was where she could buy a pet! And that too, an owl. This excited Chelle the most.
Walking up to the counter, she examined the various types of owls in the shop, and fixed her stare upon a beautiful owl covered in spotless white feathers. There was something unusually peaceful about its eyes that just got her.She smiled to herself and realised that her decision had been made. She wanted him.

"Hey, may I please have one snowy owl?" she asked the guy at the counter. She thought for a moment and then added, "Oh, and I'd also like a Size 2 cage, please."
Tap, tap, tap...

Leonard stopped tapping on the counter when another customer walked in. He did not want to look like he did not have anything else other than tapping on a counter, did he? That probably could cause a totally wrong impression as Leonard was never ever lazy. So he stopped and watched the girl who just spoke when he was about to ask how he could help her.

A Snowy Owl, then. Leonard smiled at the girl. ''Of course.'' He moved and picked up a clean size 2 cage then walked to one of the prettiest Snowy Owls he had and carefully transferred the bird into the brand new size 2 cage from the larger shop cage. ''There'' he said happily as he placed the cage on the counter. ''Anything else, little lady? Perhaps some food that your owl would enjoy?''


Quote:
Originally Posted by luna pond View Post
charlotte handed the man the money smiling at him she said "no thanks that will be all thanks a million" and she skipped out of the shop
Well...well...

Did not this girl look like she was in a sugar rush or something like that? ''One from you is enough.'' Leonard said with a smile while waving after her. ''Thanks for visiting Eeylops.''
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #667 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Lobalug
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 195

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marie Shamira Faris
First Year
Default

Marie walked into Eeylops. There was just something about flight that had fascinated her, and that's why she wanted an owl. But which one? As she moved through the shop, she couldn't decide. Until she saw him. A snowy owl, pure white. He was the one for her.

She walked up to the counter. "May I have that snowy owl?" She said, pointing to the white beauty. "He's the one for me." Marie pulled out her money bag and placed it on the counter. "Oh and I'd like a Size 2 cage please."
musicklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #668 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Puffskein
 
Alex_Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: District 11 x
Posts: 2,229

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexandra 'Alex' Potter
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Andie Jordan
Magical Transportation
Default Sorry for the late reply =P x
=) Peeta Mellark <3||x.Dobby's Love For Socks.x||<3 Katniss Everdeen (=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
As the girl thought over what she was going to get, Leonard eyed the Tawny Owl she got for herself carefully; a last check to make sure that the bird was healthy. The little guy was indeed healthy. Leo smiled contently. He would never ever sell a sick bird to any of his customers.

Once his attention was back on the little girl, he gave her a quick nod and quickly went to collect the goods she wanted from the shelves. When he was finally back with the goods, he carefully packed them on the counter. ''Nice choices, little lady. They all should be 12 Galleons.''




Gladly, Leonard took the 11 Golden Galleons from the boy ''Thank you for visiting Eeylops.'' and once the boy left he turned back to get busy with rearranging a shelf.




''Of course...just on a minute.'' Red-Chested Owlets were rare compared to others so Leonard was keeping them at the back of the shop. He quickly made his way to the back of the shop and came back with a healthy Red-Chested in a minute or so. Then he took a packet of vitamin owl treats and placed it on the counter. ''They are 31 Galleons. Do you wish anything else, little lady?''
"Well here's 1, 5, 10, 12!" Alex said as she counted the Galeons out. "And thank you."
__________________
<3
Alex_Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 AM   #669 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Lethifold
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 47,296

Hogwarts RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Aleksander J. Bunbury
Environmental Protection
Default *smacks self in the forehead* I knew that, I swear I did. UGH. FAIL SO HARD.
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
Leonard was checking on a sick owlet when he heard the very familiar voice and even though he thought nicknames did not go well with his super charisma, he had to admit it that this brought a smile to his face. He whistled exeggeratedly loudly at first while wearing a long, leather glove pretending not to be interested in who had just come.

Nardoch and...he had a question?

Unable to help it Leonard let out a cheerful laugh as he presented his arm with the leather to the owlet. The man turned to face the other with a wide smile on his face when the bird jumped on his arm perching. ''Well...Willy. It is good to see you, mate.'' Bringing his finger to the owl's beak, he lifted it up a bit to check it while talking to his friend. ''What is it? Now you have made me really curious.''
"What kind of owl is that?" William's gaze immediately zoomed in on the animal present, almost not even acknowledging his old friend. "I mean, good to see you too, Nardoch." He grinned and made a goochycoochy cooo little finger wave at the owlet.

His question. Heh. Tucking his hands back in the pockets of his dragonhide jacket, William smirked. "I was wondering... just how similar an owl egg is to a... say, dragon's egg." A question of his friend's abilities, that was wot's wot.
__________________
_______hiSS_______
__________________
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #670 (permalink)
Slytherin
Doxy
 
Fira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT+3
Posts: 6,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leona Lavender
Sixth Year

x5 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua M. Carter
Magical Law Enforcement
Default Haha tis okay and tis okay
9 3/4 ticket holder / The SS Mentalist / Sherlock / The Master Of Everything / Josh + <3 = Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicklover View Post
Marie walked into Eeylops. There was just something about flight that had fascinated her, and that's why she wanted an owl. But which one? As she moved through the shop, she couldn't decide. Until she saw him. A snowy owl, pure white. He was the one for her.

She walked up to the counter. "May I have that snowy owl?" She said, pointing to the white beauty. "He's the one for me." Marie pulled out her money bag and placed it on the counter. "Oh and I'd like a Size 2 cage please."
Look there! Another little girl.

As the girl walked in Leonard smiled and watched her carefully as she looked at the owls. Well...well...well. The man was not surprised when she stopped near the Snowy Owl cages. Snowy Owls were very popular among little girls as Leo had found right after owning this shop. ''Welcome, little lady.'' he greeted the girl kindly and gave her a nod.

''Of course, you may! Just a minute'' he winked and quickly moved to get a brand new size 2 cage. Then he walked to the snowy owl cage and carefully put one in the cage before coming back to the girl. ''There's your pretty owl. Pretty owl for a pretty little lady.''

Hehe...

''Is there anything else you want?''


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Potter View Post
"Well here's 1, 5, 10, 12!" Alex said as she counted the Galeons out. "And thank you."
That was what Leo would call a well-dealt business. Smiling, he took the golden galleons and winked at the girl. ''Thank you for visiting Eeylops.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post


"What kind of owl is that?" William's gaze immediately zoomed in on the animal present, almost not even acknowledging his old friend. "I mean, good to see you too, Nardoch." He grinned and made a goochycoochy cooo little finger wave at the owlet.

His question. Heh. Tucking his hands back in the pockets of his dragonhide jacket, William smirked. "I was wondering... just how similar an owl egg is to a... say, dragon's egg." A question of his friend's abilities, that was wot's wot.

The little owl slightly nibbled on Leonard's finger as he checked the beak. ''He is a Forest Owlet.'' the blond man replied his friend's question. ''And he apparently lacks some vitamins and calcium.'' Actually there was something else with the owlet Leo was yet to find it. He smiled at William's words while checking the eyes of the bird and the bird tried to snatch the other man's waving finger. That was when Leonard finally focused his full attention on his old friend.

He stared at him in order to make it obvious that he was ready to listen to whatever question he was going to ask. When it was asked though, he remained silent, just blinking at the man.

How similar...an owl egg...to...a dragon's egg...

Really?

As Leonard tried to understand if the question was a serious one, the owlet pooped on his arm, then on the floor. Not realising that little act of the bird, he laughed. ''Let's say both have the same shape we call egg.'' then he let out another short laugh and nudged William with his free hand. ''Also we can say that both eggs require to be warmed by the mother till hatching.'' he shrugged. ''Where did that come from?''
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #671 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Lobalug
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 195

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marie Shamira Faris
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
Look there! Another little girl.

As the girl walked in Leonard smiled and watched her carefully as she looked at the owls. Well...well...well. The man was not surprised when she stopped near the Snowy Owl cages. Snowy Owls were very popular among little girls as Leo had found right after owning this shop. ''Welcome, little lady.'' he greeted the girl kindly and gave her a nod.

''Of course, you may! Just a minute'' he winked and quickly moved to get a brand new size 2 cage. Then he walked to the snowy owl cage and carefully put one in the cage before coming back to the girl. ''There's your pretty owl. Pretty owl for a pretty little lady.''

Hehe...

''Is there anything else you want?''
Marie smiled, laughing on the inside. Pretty owl for a pretty little lady? She was 11, not 7. He was a shopkeeper though, and Daddy always said that shopkeepers had to be nice to the customer because the customer was always right. "Actually there is." Marie smiled politely. "I want to give him the best care I can, and I'm not sure what I need to give him that."
musicklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #672 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Lethifold
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 47,296

Hogwarts RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Aleksander J. Bunbury
Environmental Protection
Default lulzzzzz poopy bird is poopy :D
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
The little owl slightly nibbled on Leonard's finger as he checked the beak. ''He is a Forest Owlet.'' the blond man replied his friend's question. ''And he apparently lacks some vitamins and calcium.'' Actually there was something else with the owlet Leo was yet to find it. He smiled at William's words while checking the eyes of the bird and the bird tried to snatch the other man's waving finger. That was when Leonard finally focused his full attention on his old friend.

He stared at him in order to make it obvious that he was ready to listen to whatever question he was going to ask. When it was asked though, he remained silent, just blinking at the man.

How similar...an owl egg...to...a dragon's egg...

Really?

As Leonard tried to understand if the question was a serious one, the owlet pooped on his arm, then on the floor. Not realising that little act of the bird, he laughed. ''Let's say both have the same shape we call egg.'' then he let out another short laugh and nudged William with his free hand. ''Also we can say that both eggs require to be warmed by the mother till hatching.'' he shrugged. ''Where did that come from?''
"Awww, wittle baby forest owlet is undernourished." William tilted his head at the creature, smiling a little, and then smiling even more when the bird pooped on his friend. HAHAHAHAHAHA! The best part was that Leonard didn't even notice.

Or maybe he had noticed, but he still found it funny for some reason? Whatever. He wasn't about to point it out to Nardoch. William tore his twinkling brown eyes away from the owlet and re-focused on his friend.

"Well... let's just say, hypothetically speaking, that a, uh, a person had come into possession of a dragon egg that is... motherless. Let's just say that happened." He swallowed and leaned across the counter a little, dropping his voice. "If it's possible to keep owl eggs warm without a mother until they hatch, then theoretically, hypothetically, shouldn't it also be possible to keep dragon eggs warm until hatching? Even without the mother dragon?"

JUST A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION, Nardoch, nothing more.
__________________
_______hiSS_______
__________________
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #673 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Gnome
 
Brigid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Duxbury
Posts: 394

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sevrina Stronglight
Fifth Year
Ravenclaw

Severina made her way to the front counter.; " Please I want the eagle in the back cage, the shy one...and the largest cage you've got.... Does she need vitamins? Should the vet check her, she wondered if she could get her parent to check her out. They both were vets. Not that if she needed care she'd bring her back, she'd nurse her into being strong and confidant. They'd both work on that!
__________________
Brigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #674 (permalink)
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
brelovesweasleys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kona, Hawaii!
Posts: 1,958

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Abel Wysor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Derrick Vanderbilt
Minister's Office
Default
be the bre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigid View Post
Severina made her way to the front counter.; " Please I want the eagle in the back cage, the shy one...and the largest cage you've got.... Does she need vitamins? Should the vet check her, she wondered if she could get her parent to check her out. They both were vets. Not that if she needed care she'd bring her back, she'd nurse her into being strong and confidant. They'd both work on that!
Rae had walked into the store late... That made her feel horrible but finding someone to watch her daughter was a chore. Right when she walked in there was a girl asking for the biggest eagle owl they had. "of course" she reached on her tip toes until she grasped the cage.. "Ah yes, I remember you.... " This particular eagle owl was quite the character with a mind of its own. "you could buy some vitamins, those are healthy. of course, that is your choice... So should I add the vitamins?" Rae asked the young girl.
__________________
'Cause I saw the moon fall I watched the colors

Fade from everything, as winter stays...
brelovesweasleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #675 (permalink)
Slytherin
Doxy
 
Fira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT+3
Posts: 6,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leona Lavender
Sixth Year

x5 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua M. Carter
Magical Law Enforcement
Default Sorry for lateness.
9 3/4 ticket holder / The SS Mentalist / Sherlock / The Master Of Everything / Josh + <3 = Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicklover View Post
Marie smiled, laughing on the inside. Pretty owl for a pretty little lady? She was 11, not 7. He was a shopkeeper though, and Daddy always said that shopkeepers had to be nice to the customer because the customer was always right. "Actually there is." Marie smiled politely. "I want to give him the best care I can, and I'm not sure what I need to give him that."

Well...well...

Leonard looked at the little girl, smiling. Of course there was a lot to do if she wanted to give the owl the best care. She looked like she could handle it as well. Still the man was very caring about his animals, even about those he sold, so he had the strong urge to ask something. ''Well...little lady. Of course, i would love to help you with that. But, first of all, do you know how to look after an owl? Is there anything particular you want to know about owlcare? Just tell me and i will teach how to care for your pretty bird the best.''


Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post


"Awww, wittle baby forest owlet is undernourished." William tilted his head at the creature, smiling a little, and then smiling even more when the bird pooped on his friend. HAHAHAHAHAHA! The best part was that Leonard didn't even notice.

Or maybe he had noticed, but he still found it funny for some reason? Whatever. He wasn't about to point it out to Nardoch. William tore his twinkling brown eyes away from the owlet and re-focused on his friend.

"Well... let's just say, hypothetically speaking, that a, uh, a person had come into possession of a dragon egg that is... motherless. Let's just say that happened." He swallowed and leaned across the counter a little, dropping his voice. "If it's possible to keep owl eggs warm without a mother until they hatch, then theoretically, hypothetically, shouldn't it also be possible to keep dragon eggs warm until hatching? Even without the mother dragon?"

JUST A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION, Nardoch, nothing more.
Undernourished. Yes. That was the word for this poor Forest Owlet. ''Hopefully it won't last long.'' Leonard always did the best for the animals he looked after. And hopefully it seemed he knew how to heal this one. Still unaware of the poop, the blond man petted the little bird a bit before looking back at William as he had started speaking.

And the more he listened, the more his eyebrows traveled up his forehead. He pursed his lips a bit, taking a note of how 'hypothetical' the case was considering the amount of that word being repeated. The man's expression and voice lowering combined with it led Leo into thoughts that one could find totally absurd.

He stared at William in silence for a moment or so then laughed...more at his own thoughts; where would he have been able to find a dragon egg? It did not make sense. So, he assumed the old friend was just asking random questions to hang around. ''Hold on a minute.'' Turning back he opened the sick owl's cage, put the bird back in, closed the cage, removed the leather glove and finally turned back to his friend leaning on the counter before him.

''Yes, i think it is not impossible, at all. What is magic for? But i suppose that egg would require much more heat than an owl egg would. Hypothetically speaking, of course, that person would need to put the egg in some going fire until the time of hatching in order to imitate the mother. Of course, mother dragons do not always keep the eggs in fire but as far as i am aware of it dragon fire is way hotter then the one we can create.''

He let out a sigh.

''Must be a very hard work...hypothetically.''
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214