sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 231 users online including...
Suziella , Antoniogib , agrohimyhq , FerOffesemire , Nordic Witch , Modlerloava , astrocat , SweetPeea

10 members
221 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Seventh Floor > Divination


Divination Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? Grab your crystal ball and head to Divination!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-11-2021, 10:22 AM
Bazinga Bazinga is offline
 
Default Divination Lesson One: Insect Invasion

It was a cool October morning and the grass was still wet, not found of her morning class slot, Professor Euka was making the best of it by doing some lessons that went better in the morning. The fall chill made her wear her teal cloak and bring a larger coffee.

As students began to come for the lesson they will find yoga mats scattered in a semi circle waiting for someone to sit on them and even maybe meditate waiting for the lesson to begin. The morning sun did look beautiful over the lake and students could just take in the peacefulness that these types of settings bring.


Lesson Progress:
Good morning
What did you hear
Find the bugs
Predict the insects
What do insects mean
Old 09-14-2021, 01:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,507

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine could see that a few of the others were being distracted too, either because of the bugs or because of Kinsay’s giggles. Maybe Kinsay’s giggles were contagious but Claudine felt herself wanting to do the same. It took a fair bit of her restraint not to do exactly that, and even more restraint when she saw a grasshopper on Atlas’ nose. Merlin! How wasn’t he even moving? Wasn’t the grasshopper tickling his skin? It never occurred to her that he was asleep.

Open her eyes? Sorry, professor. This Snakette’s had been open for a while now. Now, however, she actually looked around at the other students. There were definitely a variety of bugs loitering about. As for that caterpillar on Euka’s hand? Claudine shuddered, just thinking about its many tiny legs skittering across Euka’s skin. The ladybug on her own knee seemed to be at peace as it had come to a halt, just resting there. She let it be.

“I heard the breeze rustling the leaves,’’ Claudine spoke up, her right hand halfway up since she didn’t want to justle about and disturb the ladybug. Before it could be lowered, a dragonfly took rest on her fingers. Um… now what? “Maybe the breeze… um... maybe hearing the rustles would prove that someone is really paying attention to nature and can pick up easily on anything it is trying to tell us. Or something like that.” Listen, the seventh year was very distracted by this dragonfly and was busy lowering her hand very slowly as to not disturb it. Forgive her if the answer provided was nowhere near what Euka expected.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 09-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,727

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Dahlia couldn't help but sit there and watch the little inch worm make its way up and down her arm. It was her main focus on keeping her breathing calm and even. Everything was silent except for the giggles of one of her classmates. Well almost silent. When she listened close enough she could hear the sound of birds in the trees, the gentle breeze blowing through the leaves, the sound of buzzing as a bug flew past her ear.

Her eyes had fluttered closed for a brief moment just before the professors voice broke through her calm relaxed thoughts. Slowly opening her eyes, Lia smiled to see the inch worm was still there. She raised her hand slowly waiting to be called on. "I can hear the sound of the bugs as they fly past me and the birds chirping in the trees. Well.. I think the sounds of nature around us can tell us a lot of things. Like right now everything seems calm, all of our little visitors seem really content and trusting."
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline  
Old 09-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #28 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,425

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

It was a little sad that they weren't going to be scrying today, but she believed Professor Euka. The lesson would probably be fun anyway. Bella changed her position on her yoga mat as they were ordered to close their eyes and take in their surroundings. To relax was always hard for her, but she did as she was told taking a few relaxing breath in and out before closing her eyes to listen to her surroundings. She heard birds chirping, the wind rustling in the trees, and Bella also felt something's creep up her arm which made her eyes flash up and she creeped backwards on her mat in fright after pulling two centipeds off her arm. "Eeek, get off me!" Closing her eyes again it didn't take long before she felt how something else crept up her leg this time. Looking down, she shoved the ant off her leg muttering. "Get off me, I don't have straws for your stack."

Bella was very relieved when Professor Euka moved the lesson on. Thoughtfully she raised her hand to answer but she wasn't very sure of her answer. "I heard bird's chirping and if you interpret their chirping which i think is a type of divination, then they can help you predict the future. Like bird's chirps might sound in a certain way if bad weather is coming or if they are sensing danger maybe?"
__________________
Nordic Witch is online now  
Old 09-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod

Ramora
 
Daydreamer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In my dreams
Posts: 5,314

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Fourth Year
x5
Default
dream until your • dreams come true • Pink Panther • Candy Crush Queen • HTTR

Jordyn had definitely lost her mojo once the little critter had arrived on her mat. It was hard to concentrate on the sounds of nature when she was really focused on keeping the insects off of her body and out of her personal space.

The professor announced that the insects were there for a reason. They were going to help with the day’s lesson. That was fine, as long as they kept their distance. Jordyn remained on the lookout, just in case one or several decided to come her way.

For now though, her attention went back to the professor and the question she posed. Jordyn raised her hand and attempted to give her response. ”I heard the breeze, the birds and my own deep breathing. To be honest, I kind of lost my concentration when something crawled on me.” Then she addressed the second part of the question. “Sound can help us become better diviners if we focus and really pay attention to what we hear. There is so much that we miss out on because a lot of times we don’t really listen. Who knows what messages we may receive if we only take time to listen.” Did that make sense? Did she answer the question?
__________________
Daydreamer11 is offline  
Old 09-14-2021, 10:17 PM   #30 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,421

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

What Violet had mostly been hearing was the sound of other students whispering to each other. But at one point all the outside noises had seemed to fade away into the background and all she could hear was... "The wind. I could hear the wind, starting, stopping...It was almost as if I could hear which way it was blowing," she eventually said out lous. "I guess...well, maybe it might be good for predicting the weather?" Violet felt a little strange--had she been having a 'moment'? Usually she didn't feel much in Divination; this was a bit unnerving.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 12:13 AM   #31 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler
 
wednesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 229

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year
Default

It was really nice and calming to sit and listen to what was going on around them. Ollie felt a cool breeze and heard the chirping of birds and bugs. She so loved being outside and enjoying the sun hitting her face even if it wasn’t as hot currently. She was so comfortable that she decided to take her jacket off and enjoy the coolness around her. But her race was interrupted by laughter. She rolled her eyes. Why couldn’t they just enjoy the outdoors too?

She opened her eyes to listen the professor again. “I heard the birds as well and a cool breeze. But I think that listening to sounds like these help us be hyper aware. So, when we are practicing divination, we an hear more of what’s around us.”
wednesday is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 12:35 AM   #32 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Shrake
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,845

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlotte “Charlie” Rivers
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madam Malkin's

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ethan Howland
Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Charlie opened her eyes and nearly startled after laying eyes on the insects until she realized they weren't giant spiders coming for her like in DADA. Taking a calming breath she tried to get the snarky out of her system but that was a ship that already sailed. "If you mean after I zoned Kinsay's giggles out? Well there was a breeze at one point but a few bees buzzed by my ear, which tickled." She said still carried away on the slight zen she got while meditating. But seriously what was with all the insects in classes this year. Could they not?
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 01:38 AM   #33 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,112

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Relieved she was to hear that they wouldn’t be doing too too much yoga. She offered Professor Euka two thumbs up before plopping down on the mat. Lisa directed her attention to Claudine briefly. Was she good at Divination? Well she wasn’t terrible at it. “I’m a good storyteller,” smirked Lisa as she looked to Claudine. Then she focused on Serena who sat down beside her whom she flashed a BRIGHT grin. Her best friend and savior was here!! Teeehee.

Before she could ask any questions or chat, they were being instructed to chill and close her eyes. Listen… Relax.

It was hard to relax. Lisa couldn’t help but fidget occasionally. She was one that could rarely sit still when she got excited. However, eventually she was able to focus and find peace. Rustling of leaves, breathing, and….

It was over rather quickly and the Professor was asking a question of them. What did they hear? “Heavy breathing, my heart, and the rustling of leaves….” Now what did it mean? She had no clue!
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 03:30 AM   #34 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,674

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

When they were told to open their eyes, Evan did so, looking down and blinking at the rather large beatle now perched on his left knee. That was... unsettling. But he supposed it was kind of pretty with it's iridescent looking back, so he just ignored it for the time being, instead focusing on the question and raising his answer to give a response. "I heard Kins laughing." A fact, not something judgmental from him. "But also my own deep breathing." There probably should have been more, but he had not been focused on sound as the primary sensory with his eyes closed, but rather the touch of the ground and things brushing against him. Which he now knew to be bugs.

As for how it could make them a better diviner? "Is there a way to talk to the bugs? Don't animals and insects have a better sense of bad things coming than humans?" Which he supposed was just something due to their biology.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 06:00 AM   #35 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

What had she heard?? Valentina had been busy trying to avoid the insects so her eyes had been open for a while. She hadn't reaaaally been paying attention but she had to make something up. The blonde was eyeing a bug that was slowly making it's way towards her as she raised a hand.

"I heard the birds chirping.. and Kinsay's giggles. I.. uh.. think maybe listening to sounds can help us be more aware of our surroundings?" Did that even make sense? Maybe she shouldn't have answered at all.. because she definitely wasn't focused enough to answer, still staring at the bug that was trying to climb up her bag.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 06:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,182

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Atlas was not hearing much of anything at the moment, though his nose did tickle somewhat (from the grasshopper) but it was not enough to stir him awake from his peaceful slumber. Yoga mats did make for pretty comfortable sleeping spaces and he was a tummy sleeper...so the combination of these with the fresh and crisp morning air was the perfect recipe for this sleeping lion.

And Araneus was often crawling around his body, so having little limbs invading his personal bubble was not something to bring about discomfort - even if grasshopper legs were more scratchy than the superior limbs of his tarantula.

The wind his peers spoke off caressed his rosy cheeks gently and only seemed to encourage him to maintain his slumber. You did have to be, er, relaxed for all this seeing into the beyond stuff...right?
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 05:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,777

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Meda was enjoying these answers, her students were really being one with nature and that was so impressive. She was very proud of them at this very moment. As she went around to hear their answers she loved all the observations they made.


SPOILER!!: replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine could see that a few of the others were being distracted too, either because of the bugs or because of Kinsay’s giggles. Maybe Kinsay’s giggles were contagious but Claudine felt herself wanting to do the same. It took a fair bit of her restraint not to do exactly that, and even more restraint when she saw a grasshopper on Atlas’ nose. Merlin! How wasn’t he even moving? Wasn’t the grasshopper tickling his skin? It never occurred to her that he was asleep.

Open her eyes? Sorry, professor. This Snakette’s had been open for a while now. Now, however, she actually looked around at the other students. There were definitely a variety of bugs loitering about. As for that caterpillar on Euka’s hand? Claudine shuddered, just thinking about its many tiny legs skittering across Euka’s skin. The ladybug on her own knee seemed to be at peace as it had come to a halt, just resting there. She let it be.

“I heard the breeze rustling the leaves,’’ Claudine spoke up, her right hand halfway up since she didn’t want to justle about and disturb the ladybug. Before it could be lowered, a dragonfly took rest on her fingers. Um… now what? “Maybe the breeze… um... maybe hearing the rustles would prove that someone is really paying attention to nature and can pick up easily on anything it is trying to tell us. Or something like that.” Listen, the seventh year was very distracted by this dragonfly and was busy lowering her hand very slowly as to not disturb it. Forgive her if the answer provided was nowhere near what Euka expected.

"Very good Claudine, being one with nature is so very helpful and will help us tremendously today in our lesson."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia couldn't help but sit there and watch the little inch worm make its way up and down her arm. It was her main focus on keeping her breathing calm and even. Everything was silent except for the giggles of one of her classmates. Well almost silent. When she listened close enough she could hear the sound of birds in the trees, the gentle breeze blowing through the leaves, the sound of buzzing as a bug flew past her ear.

Her eyes had fluttered closed for a brief moment just before the professors voice broke through her calm relaxed thoughts. Slowly opening her eyes, Lia smiled to see the inch worm was still there. She raised her hand slowly waiting to be called on. "I can hear the sound of the bugs as they fly past me and the birds chirping in the trees. Well.. I think the sounds of nature around us can tell us a lot of things. Like right now everything seems calm, all of our little visitors seem really content and trusting."
"The bugs are great to hear in the quiet morning and birds are always something to look to for information. We have a few types of readings that come from birds. That is a great observation Lia."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
It was a little sad that they weren't going to be scrying today, but she believed Professor Euka. The lesson would probably be fun anyway. Bella changed her position on her yoga mat as they were ordered to close their eyes and take in their surroundings. To relax was always hard for her, but she did as she was told taking a few relaxing breath in and out before closing her eyes to listen to her surroundings. She heard birds chirping, the wind rustling in the trees, and Bella also felt something's creep up her arm which made her eyes flash up and she creeped backwards on her mat in fright after pulling two centipeds off her arm. "Eeek, get off me!" Closing her eyes again it didn't take long before she felt how something else crept up her leg this time. Looking down, she shoved the ant off her leg muttering. "Get off me, I don't have straws for your stack."

Bella was very relieved when Professor Euka moved the lesson on. Thoughtfully she raised her hand to answer but she wasn't very sure of her answer. "I heard bird's chirping and if you interpret their chirping which i think is a type of divination, then they can help you predict the future. Like bird's chirps might sound in a certain way if bad weather is coming or if they are sensing danger maybe?"
She knew there would be one and she just shook her head, "The bugs will not hurt you, they are actually very important for the lesson today, so please be careful with my little friends." She listened as Belle started to answer the question. "Very good birds can really help us in divination."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
Jordyn had definitely lost her mojo once the little critter had arrived on her mat. It was hard to concentrate on the sounds of nature when she was really focused on keeping the insects off of her body and out of her personal space.

The professor announced that the insects were there for a reason. They were going to help with the day’s lesson. That was fine, as long as they kept their distance. Jordyn remained on the lookout, just in case one or several decided to come her way.

For now though, her attention went back to the professor and the question she posed. Jordyn raised her hand and attempted to give her response. ”I heard the breeze, the birds and my own deep breathing. To be honest, I kind of lost my concentration when something crawled on me.” Then she addressed the second part of the question. “Sound can help us become better diviners if we focus and really pay attention to what we hear. There is so much that we miss out on because a lot of times we don’t really listen. Who knows what messages we may receive if we only take time to listen.” Did that make sense? Did she answer the question?
These answers were wonderful, she hoped her students knew that. "Yes, the breeze and birds are always the easiest to hear and so important as well." She couldn't help but laugh over the distraction, "Distractions can come easy in every day things, this was a little test to see how well you focus when a distraction comes." She listened to her explanation of what the sounds could help with and nodded, very good indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
What Violet had mostly been hearing was the sound of other students whispering to each other. But at one point all the outside noises had seemed to fade away into the background and all she could hear was... "The wind. I could hear the wind, starting, stopping...It was almost as if I could hear which way it was blowing," she eventually said out lous. "I guess...well, maybe it might be good for predicting the weather?" Violet felt a little strange--had she been having a 'moment'? Usually she didn't feel much in Divination; this was a bit unnerving.
"Yes, some do use it to predict weather to come." That was a great answer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
It was really nice and calming to sit and listen to what was going on around them. Ollie felt a cool breeze and heard the chirping of birds and bugs. She so loved being outside and enjoying the sun hitting her face even if it wasn’t as hot currently. She was so comfortable that she decided to take her jacket off and enjoy the coolness around her. But her race was interrupted by laughter. She rolled her eyes. Why couldn’t they just enjoy the outdoors too?

She opened her eyes to listen the professor again. “I heard the birds as well and a cool breeze. But I think that listening to sounds like these help us be hyper aware. So, when we are practicing divination, we an hear more of what’s around us.”
"I like that you said cool breeze, at times the temperature can help us as well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Charlie opened her eyes and nearly startled after laying eyes on the insects until she realized they weren't giant spiders coming for her like in DADA. Taking a calming breath she tried to get the snarky out of her system but that was a ship that already sailed. "If you mean after I zoned Kinsay's giggles out? Well there was a breeze at one point but a few bees buzzed by my ear, which tickled." She said still carried away on the slight zen she got while meditating. But seriously what was with all the insects in classes this year. Could they not?
"Distractions can be hard to get past, but I'm glad you work through that." That showed determination and growth all on it's own with some of the students. "Very good observations"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Relieved she was to hear that they wouldn’t be doing too too much yoga. She offered Professor Euka two thumbs up before plopping down on the mat. Lisa directed her attention to Claudine briefly. Was she good at Divination? Well she wasn’t terrible at it. “I’m a good storyteller,” smirked Lisa as she looked to Claudine. Then she focused on Serena who sat down beside her whom she flashed a BRIGHT grin. Her best friend and savior was here!! Teeehee.

Before she could ask any questions or chat, they were being instructed to chill and close her eyes. Listen… Relax.

It was hard to relax. Lisa couldn’t help but fidget occasionally. She was one that could rarely sit still when she got excited. However, eventually she was able to focus and find peace. Rustling of leaves, breathing, and….

It was over rather quickly and the Professor was asking a question of them. What did they hear? “Heavy breathing, my heart, and the rustling of leaves….” Now what did it mean? She had no clue!
"Hearing your own breath and heart is a good indication you are becoming in tune with your own self, that is a great observation."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
When they were told to open their eyes, Evan did so, looking down and blinking at the rather large beatle now perched on his left knee. That was... unsettling. But he supposed it was kind of pretty with it's iridescent looking back, so he just ignored it for the time being, instead focusing on the question and raising his answer to give a response. "I heard Kins laughing." A fact, not something judgmental from him. "But also my own deep breathing." There probably should have been more, but he had not been focused on sound as the primary sensory with his eyes closed, but rather the touch of the ground and things brushing against him. Which he now knew to be bugs.

As for how it could make them a better diviner? "Is there a way to talk to the bugs? Don't animals and insects have a better sense of bad things coming than humans?" Which he supposed was just something due to their biology.
"Very good, yes distractions do happen, but getting back to focus is a great trick to learn." She nodded as the observation was spoken about, "I might not call it talking to bugs, but we are going to be able to understand them a bit more after today."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
What had she heard?? Valentina had been busy trying to avoid the insects so her eyes had been open for a while. She hadn't reaaaally been paying attention but she had to make something up. The blonde was eyeing a bug that was slowly making it's way towards her as she raised a hand.

"I heard the birds chirping.. and Kinsay's giggles. I.. uh.. think maybe listening to sounds can help us be more aware of our surroundings?" Did that even make sense? Maybe she shouldn't have answered at all.. because she definitely wasn't focused enough to answer, still staring at the bug that was trying to climb up her bag.
"Very good observations and listening ears." She really liked all the answers she was given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Atlas was not hearing much of anything at the moment, though his nose did tickle somewhat (from the grasshopper) but it was not enough to stir him awake from his peaceful slumber. Yoga mats did make for pretty comfortable sleeping spaces and he was a tummy sleeper...so the combination of these with the fresh and crisp morning air was the perfect recipe for this sleeping lion.

And Araneus was often crawling around his body, so having little limbs invading his personal bubble was not something to bring about discomfort - even if grasshopper legs were more scratchy than the superior limbs of his tarantula.

The wind his peers spoke off caressed his rosy cheeks gently and only seemed to encourage him to maintain his slumber. You did have to be, er, relaxed for all this seeing into the beyond stuff...right?
She did noticed the sleepers and the fact her ants weren't helping their situation at all.



"I am delighted at how well you did this first activity. Many of you are growing and becoming more like diviners every day. Even if you don't want to become a diviner it is always a great thing to learn ways about yourself and nature to help calm you when you feel stressed or upset. A morning session like this always does so much good." She would certainly put that in.

"Also, before I forget if someone could wake our sleeping ones that would be great." Yes Atlas it was time to wake up and join the class. "Now today we are going to be doing a specific divination form that involves insects. The form we will be working with is Entomancy and it is a lovely form that has you observing your fellow creatures all crawling around. I would like if you have any on you to gently let them back in the grass." She was going to give them a moment to do this.

"Now this form involves seeing insects and what they are doing as well as if you have possibly harmed them in anyway, thankfully I don't think any of you killed any so that is a success so far." She hoped they didn't at least. "Now I would like you to get up and walk around. Enjoy nature a bit and see what insect pops out at you. When one does pay attention to just that one insect and see what it is doing, where it is located. Just observe it in it's space."

Wasn't this just an enjoyable activity.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 09:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,507

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Oh. Would you look at that. Claudine’s answer hadn’t been so bad after all. She managed a smile at Euka as she eased her hand onto her thigh, doing her best not to disturb the dragonfly. The ladybug was still on her knee, apparently it had fallen asleep for it was still as ever. Anyway. Claudine wasn’t sure that she was growing to become more like a diviner but um… sure. Whatever Euka wanted to think.

With no one apparently sleeping close by to her, the Snakette focused on getting the two insects which had taken rest on her onto the grass. It took some doing with the dragonfly but he {or she} was off in about a minute though he {or she} flew off onto another patch of grass. The ladybug remained on the grass beside her, climbing slowly along a blade.

Okay. Next step. Claudine got to her feet, eyes darting around to seek out an insect. She was still not over how calm this particular morning was and momentarily forgot that she was seeking another insect. One actually did pop out at her: a moth, dark brown in colour, flew past her face and eventually landed a short distance away, on a leaf of a tree. Though it had landed, it still beat its wings slowly.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 09:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,022

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

For some reason trying NOT to giggle made the whole thing even funnier. She really wasn't trying to be distracting, pinky swear!

"Sorry."

Getting called out for it did just the trick though, it seemed. The Kizmonster was relatively quiet after that... And embarrassed. Even more so when her classmates mentioned her giggle fit in reply to Professor Euka's question. It made her WHOLE face turn red and when they were allowed to get up and explore for bugs, Kins was one of the very first to her feet.

She didn't need anyone to see how tragically red her face had gotten. That'd be even more embarrassing.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 10:47 PM   #40 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,421

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Violet had given a halfway decent answer--in Divination Class! Things were looking up.

Looking down at her knee, she looked for the ants she had noticed earlier crawling across her leg on their way to....somewhere else. But they all seemed to be gone now, headed to their mysterious destination. Shrugging, she stiffly rose to her feet, brushed herself off, and slowly walked off in a random direction.

As she approached some bushes, a bumblebee suddenly barrelled out at her face, causing her to draw back in alarm...but just for a minute. Violet generally didn't mind insects--if you didn't bother them, they wouldn't bother you, she believed. And she wasn't allergic to any stings, that she knew of. So she quieted down and stood still a moment, trying to avoid startling the bee, and she watched it fly clumsily back and forth in front of her, finally circling back toward the bushes. Violet followed it, to see what else it would do.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 01:06 AM   #41 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,182

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Atlas' little buddy, the meadow grasshopper, had moved to his forehead now and seemed content with the wide and smooth surface. As for the ants, well, ants in the pants were not exactly a NEW experience for the Gryffindor either - sometimes one just got curious as to what would happen if things were put places...you know? So, while a little itchy and tickly, tiny ants were not going to have too much impact on the sleeping lion...but he sure was going to have an impact on a few of them as he rolled to get into a more comfortable position on his side.

Hopefully...he had not squished up too many of them.

One could also argue that, in this extremely vulnerable and comfortable state that sleep did induce, he WAS enjoying and experiencing nature and the insects were finding him...so...tick tick? Still on assignment. Sort of.

But, yeah, if someone could wake him up ... that would probably be a good idea. Especially if they did so before he got too far into sleep and started dreaming.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 02:25 AM   #42 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,112

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Her palms were only slightly sweaty. But she had left that out of her comment.

But the comment that she had earned from Professor Euka about having a great observation and being in tune with herself was a great compliment. She was her own spunky cadet indeed.

Now the activity was to have a nice walk and observe the insect life. Lisa cast her gaze from left to right, scanning the area for any sight of insects and then spotted a lone bumblebee lazily floating around. A small smile graced her lips as she watched the bumble float as if it had no cares in the world.
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 02:27 AM   #43 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

... There's a divination form that involves insects?? Really? How could they help? Well, Valentina didn't have any ON her. Gross. Pulling her bag close, she was half listening to the professor. So, did they have to touch them in any way?? She had plenty of questions but she wasn't sure if it was the right time to ask. Besides, she'd know soon enough.

Oh, they could walk around!! Thankfully. She was on her feet almost immediately, carrying her bag, as she started to look around vaguely. Nothing popped out -- oh wait. A beetle. She stepped a little closer to watch it move around, wondering what it was up to. Was it hungry? Maybe it was looking for something to eat.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 03:09 AM   #44 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,674

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

It was certainly a silly question to ask if they could actually talk to bugs, but considering there was a way to communicate with snakes he'd taken his chances on the question. Observing their behaviors in their surroundings certainly made a lot more sense though. Unsure if they were supposed to write down what they saw, Evan grabbed a notebook from his bag before gently brushing off the beetle from his leg and standing. Given Professor Euka's instruction to wake those who were sleeping, and seeing everyone else moving on already, Evan moved first towards the sleeping lion, leaning down to gently poke his shoulder with his muggle pen. Evan wasn't a fan of being touched by people he didn't know, and figured it was polite to not do it to others so... a pen seemed the easiest way. "Hey.. Flamsteed. Professor Euka wants you to wake up. We're.. observing bugs. You might be able to start with the grasshopper on your head."

In case he wasn't aware.

He wasn't sure if Quinn was sleeping either, but knew the two were friends so he figured he'd leave that wake up to Atlas, if necessary. Not waiting to see if his attempt was successful, the Ravenclaw stood and followed the beetle that had previously been perched on him, watching as he weaved his way through some of the other bugs and stopped to push at a few leaves. Was he creating himself a shelter? Did beetles do that?
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 04:44 AM   #45 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler
 
wednesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 229

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year
Default

Rising from her spot on the ground she moved around some of her classmates as they rose from their spots as well. She looked near her feet to make sue she wasn’t stepping on or about to step on the potential subject of her observation. Nope nothing there. She watched to see where others were going - where she could go. She still felt so calm; she wished more classes could be held outside in the fresh air like this. Closing her eyes, Olive took a breath. Lead me somewhere, she thought. Then she opened her eyes and went to the first thing she saw: a nice tree. It seemed Claudine had seen something at this tree too, so Ollie went to the opposite time hoping to find something else.

She examined the bark very closely making sure not to overlook a little friend in camouflage. Nope no one here. She bent down closer to the base of the tree and there something in the corner of her eye moved. She turned her head quickly, before it could disappear and luckily caught it just before it landed on a blade of grass. Ollie turned her whole body and got closer to the ground to get a good look but she still wasn’t close enough. She shrugged and it on her belly, feet in the air like a little kid, eye level with the basic beetle. “Hello Friend” she whispered softly hoping Claudine or anyone else nearby didn’t hear her and think she was weird.
wednesday is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #46 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,425

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

To hear that she was right about there being a divination for bird's brought a smile to Bella's face that she flashed in Professor Euka's direction. She hadn't injured any insects and hadn't even tried to. She just didn't like it when things crawled on her skin. As far as she knew she wasn't allergic to any insects so that was reassuring to know. Bella was about to stand up for the next activity when she noticed that the centipedes and ants were back, marching up on her legs. Taking a breath to not freak out again Bella calmly plucked the centipedes and ant's off.

Raising to her feet she walked over to the nearest grassy patch with flowers. Looking around attentively Bella soon spotted a bee that was doing something to the flower that she didn't get. Was the bee eating on the flower? Or maybe leaving it's scent?
__________________
Nordic Witch is online now  
Old 09-16-2021, 03:27 PM   #47 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,727

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Ah, her answer had been a good one. Lia smiled warmly at Professor Euka as she went on to talk about how they would be using bugs in today's lesson. She wasn't quite sure how that was going to turn out for her but anytime she was able to work with a creature, she was up for it!

Now the third year was perfect happy sitting where she was and observing the inch worm that still happened to be on her arm. Why she wasn't able to keep that one she wasn't sure but okay, she was going to follow the rules. Carefully setting the inch worm down on the grass near her yoga mat, Lia watched it very very slowly make it's way along a blade of grass. After a minute or so, she got to her feet and started to look around.

A couple of minutes of wandering around, she saw it. A little cricket hopping about from one blade of grass to another. Kneeling down very careful she watched it quietly to see if it would do anything else.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 05:58 PM   #48 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,777

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
For some reason trying NOT to giggle made the whole thing even funnier. She really wasn't trying to be distracting, pinky swear!

"Sorry."

Getting called out for it did just the trick though, it seemed. The Kizmonster was relatively quiet after that... And embarrassed. Even more so when her classmates mentioned her giggle fit in reply to Professor Euka's question. It made her WHOLE face turn red and when they were allowed to get up and explore for bugs, Kins was one of the very first to her feet.

She didn't need anyone to see how tragically red her face had gotten. That'd be even more embarrassing.
"No need to apologize, I understand a good case of the giggles, but please try to focus." She didn't want the class to think they couldn't react to something funny, just wanting them to learn to try to control themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
It was certainly a silly question to ask if they could actually talk to bugs, but considering there was a way to communicate with snakes he'd taken his chances on the question. Observing their behaviors in their surroundings certainly made a lot more sense though. Unsure if they were supposed to write down what they saw, Evan grabbed a notebook from his bag before gently brushing off the beetle from his leg and standing. Given Professor Euka's instruction to wake those who were sleeping, and seeing everyone else moving on already, Evan moved first towards the sleeping lion, leaning down to gently poke his shoulder with his muggle pen. Evan wasn't a fan of being touched by people he didn't know, and figured it was polite to not do it to others so... a pen seemed the easiest way. "Hey.. Flamsteed. Professor Euka wants you to wake up. We're.. observing bugs. You might be able to start with the grasshopper on your head."

In case he wasn't aware.

He wasn't sure if Quinn was sleeping either, but knew the two were friends so he figured he'd leave that wake up to Atlas, if necessary. Not waiting to see if his attempt was successful, the Ravenclaw stood and followed the beetle that had previously been perched on him, watching as he weaved his way through some of the other bugs and stopped to push at a few leaves. Was he creating himself a shelter? Did beetles do that?

"Thank you Evan." She was glad someone was waking one of them up, now if the other two stirred they wouldn't miss much.

Talking softly from where she was standing she didn't want to disturb the observations too much. "Now if your bug has noticed you depending on the bug it could end with a bit of a bite, sting, or just getting away from you. Maybe your insect hasn't noticed and stopped for a snack or a meeting with a friend, maybe they landed in a unique spot for their type. Whichever it is I hope you have remembered or written it down."

She watched a few bees fly close to her before zipping off, [b] "While you are watching an insect don't forget about others around. If something strange happens or you are distracted by another there could be a good reason that you aren't aware of. We are going to observe the insects for a little longer.

ooc: we will be moving on to the next part in about 24 hours.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 09-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #49 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,414

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

It was a nice morning and the ants were enjoying climbing up the legs of the ones sleeping, possibly trying to take some of the leg hair they saw to use for building. When one moved a bit a few decided to get out and find safer ground.

A group of bees hanging on some flowers felt the brush of a foot and decided that wasn't going to be taken nicely and swarmed a few students heads.

While students were watching other insects a butterfly fluttered around watching all that was going on. She thought the bright color of the mats was a perfect place to land and take a rest.
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 09-17-2021, 12:31 AM   #50 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Shrake
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,845

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlotte “Charlie” Rivers
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madam Malkin's

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ethan Howland
Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Charlie had been zone in on the butterfly across the way she had noticed until she saw Kinsay's face turn red at everyone mentioning her giggles. Sure it had initially annoyed Charlie but now she felt kind of bad. Her and Kinsay were supposed to be friends. Dang it all to Nicholas Flamel. Walking near Kinsay she leaned her head down a bit, "Sorry if I sounded harsh. I would have laughed too at the pun." Quickly walking toward the butterfly she tried to not make a scene around her before Professor Euka spoke up.

Oh she could go back to watching the.... Oh no were those bee's they wouldn't bother her wayyyy over here would they?
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213