sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 324 users online including...
hermionesclone , lorenepp2 , Holmesian Feline , Urkrassbaile , Lissy Longbottom , SoftBear , Kolyander

9 members
315 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Slug and Jiggers Apothecary


Located on the north end of the street and beside Potage's Cauldron Shop, Slug and Jiggers Apothecary is conveniently there for all your potion-making needs. Whether your a first year just starting your brewing journey for school or someone who wants to stock up their collection of potions ingredients, this shop is right for you. Almost every ingredient can be found in here. And if you don’t see it, make sure to ask the shopkeeper. They will help you to the best of their ability.

For the most part the shop is almost as identical as it used to be. Multiples shelves lined with various item including jars of all shapes and sizes filled with ingredients of various natures and tools to make the process less likely to blow up in your face. And off to one side, several barrels that contain loose ingredients are on the floor beneath bundles of feathers, fangs and claws hang from the ceiling. There's also a beautiful leather-bound grimoire, predominately displayed, that contains recipes written by each of the previous shopkeepers to share with their customers. Be careful as you flip through it, though it is spell-protected after a nasty run in with an infestation of mutants escaped from the ministry.

The only thing that has change is the smell. Once you entered it doesn't smell as bad as it used to be. No rotten eggs smell anymore. You still have some subtle smell but it's not as unpleasant: a little trick of the new owner.

Text Cut: Inventory


Price List



Ingredients (5 oz. increments):
° Aconite: 1 galleon -------------------------------------------° Horned Slugs: 2 sickles
° Acromantula venom: 20 galleons (See Shopkeeper) -----° Horned toads: 2 sickles
° Armandillo bile: 5 sickles -----------------------------------° Jobberknoll feathers: 4 sickles
° Ashwinder’s Egg : 1 galleon --------------------------------° Knotgrass: 5 sickles
° Asphodel : 15 sickles ----------------------------------------° Lacewing flies: 2 sickles
° Belladonna : 4 sickles ---------------------------------------° Lavander: 4 sickles
° Bezoar : 2 galleons ------------------------------------------° Leeches: 2 sickles
° Bicorn horn : 1 galleon -------------------------------------° Lionfish spine: 5 sickles
° Billywig dried stings : 5 sickles ----------------------------° Lovage: 6 sickles
° Basic beetles : 1 sickle -------------------------------------° Monkshood: 4 sickles
° Black beetles : 2 sickles ------------------------------------° Murtlap essence: 4 sickles
° Boomslang skin [shredded] : 7 sickles --------------------° Nettles: 2 sickles
° Bubotuber : 12 sickles ---------------------------------------° Newt: 5 sickles
° Bundimun secretion : 5 sickles -----------------------------° Pomegranate: 2 sickles
° Cabbage: 5 sickles -------------------------------------------° Porcupine quills: 3 sickles
° Caterpillars : 3 sickles --------------------------------------° Puffer-Fish eyes: 3 sickles
° Daisy: 4 sickles -----------------------------------------------° Rat spleen: 1 sickle
° Doxy eggs: 5 sickles -----------------------------------------° Rat tail: 1 sickle
° Dragon blood: 3 galleons, 10 sickles ------------------------° Re’em blood: 2 galleons
° Dragon heart: upon request --------------------------------° Runespoor eggs: 1 galleon
° Dragon hide: 1 galleon, 10 sickles --------------------------° Salamander blood: 6 sickles
° Dragon horn: 1 galleon ---------------------------------------° Scurvy-Grass: 9 sickles
° Dragon liver: 2 galleons, 5 sickles --------------------------° Snake fang : 15 sickles
° Erumpent fluid: 3 galleons, 8 sickles -----------------------° Sneezewort: 9 sickles
° Erumpent horn: 1 galleon ------------------------------------° Scarab beetles: 7 sickles
° Erumpent tail: 1 galleon -------------------------------------° Sopophorous: 5 sickles
° Flubberworm mucus: 5 sickles ------------------------------° Tubeworms : 5 sickles
° Fluxweed: 12 sickles -----------------------------------------° Unicorn horn : 20 galleons (see ShopKeeper)
° Ginger: 4 sickles ----------------------------------------------° Unicorn tail hair : 12 galleons
° Glumbumble fluid : 4 sickles --------------------------------° Valerian: 7 sickles
° Graphorn horn : 4 sickles, 11 knuts -------------------------° Wormwood: 10 sickles
° Hellebore: 15 sickles



Premade Potions :
° Ageing Potion : 3 galleons, 4 sickles, 19 knuts
° Babbling Beverage : 3 galleons, 1 sickles, 20 knuts
° Beautifying Potion : 4 galleons, 3 sickles, 16 knuts
° Burn-healing paste : 2 galleons, 9 sickles, 3 knuts
° Cough Potion : 2 galleons, 3 sickles, 9 knuts
° Draught of Living Death : 4 galleons, 8 sickles, 2 knuts
° Euphoria: 3 galleons, 11 sickles, 8 knuts
° Felix Felicis: 14 galleons, 15 knuts
° Invigoration Draught: 3 galleons, 9 sickles, 16 knuts
° Memory Potions: 3 galleons, 1 sickles, 14 knuts
° Pepperup Potion: 2 galleons, 5 sickles, 21 knuts
° Quodpot solution: 2 galleons, 12 sickles, 3 knuts
° Skele-Gro: 3 galleons, 3 sickles, 2 knuts
° Sleeping Draught: 4 galleons, 11 knuts
° Wolfsbane potion: 3 galleons, 9 sickles


Equipment & Other Misc. Items:

° Pewter Cauldron : 12 galleons
° Copper Cauldron: 22 galleons
° Brass Cauldron: 18 galleons

**all standard cauldrons are size 2. Add 5 sickles for a size 3 or 8 sickles for a size 4**

° Moonstone : 6 sickles

° Brass scale : 3 galleons, 3 sickles
° Silver scale : 4 galleons, 5 sickles
° Gold scale : 6 galleons, 4 sickles

° Basic potion kit set: 3 galleons
° Advanced potion kit set: 4 galleons

° Set of glass phials: 1 galleons
° Set of crystals phials: 2 galleons
This shop is STAFFED by Gideon Gert (Holmesian Feline).
Old 08-20-2020, 02:29 AM   #51 (permalink)

Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,725

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Ah yes, the busy summer season was upon Slug and Jiggers. And Diagon Alley in general. Gideon had to already restock a few items from the back today and was just coming from the storeroom when he spotted a young girl looking around. "Hello...may I help you with anything?" the shopkeeper asked as he unloaded what he had in his arms.
"uhhh yeah," Ashley said, consulting her list carefully. "I just need some brass scales, crystal phials, and a basic potion kit. But I'm having trouble finding them." Ashley was very lost. There were so many ingredients. This was so cool. But she couldn't find what she needed because everything was just... so interesting.
astrocat is offline  
Old 08-20-2020, 11:50 PM   #52 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,403

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rajesh Atreyu-Rehman
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"uhhh yeah," Ashley said, consulting her list carefully. "I just need some brass scales, crystal phials, and a basic potion kit. But I'm having trouble finding them." Ashley was very lost. There were so many ingredients. This was so cool. But she couldn't find what she needed because everything was just... so interesting.
Ah yes…the essential Hogwarts items for potions making.

Almost.

“I can certainly help with that,” Gideon assured her as he moved to the area surrounding the counter. A place where most of the school supplies were kept for easy access. Especially the shopkeepers when they had to grab a missing item without wandered too far from the register. From the various shelves the shopkeeper carefully retrieved a set of vials, scales, and pre-wrapped bundle of ingredients.

“Do you need a cauldron as well?” he asked, knowing it wasn’t necessarily a necessity. Cauldrons could be quite durable for the most part and some students inherited from older siblings that went before.
__________________
16 years - 10+Charries - Hundreds of Memories

Here's to many more!
Holmesian Feline is online now  
Old 08-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #53 (permalink)

Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,725

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Ah yes…the essential Hogwarts items for potions making.

Almost.

“I can certainly help with that,” Gideon assured her as he moved to the area surrounding the counter. A place where most of the school supplies were kept for easy access. Especially the shopkeepers when they had to grab a missing item without wandered too far from the register. From the various shelves the shopkeeper carefully retrieved a set of vials, scales, and pre-wrapped bundle of ingredients.

“Do you need a cauldron as well?” he asked, knowing it wasn’t necessarily a necessity. Cauldrons could be quite durable for the most part and some students inherited from older siblings that went before.
"Thanks," Ashley said. It was very nice of the shopkeeper to help her find the stuff she needed. "I don't need a cauldron. I actually already got one." It was from potage's cauldron shop. That was where the bruise on her shin was from too. In Ashley's opinion, cauldrons were one of the most dangerous types of school supplies. Along with books and rubber bands and anything that was remotely sharp or heavy.
astrocat is offline  
Old 08-21-2020, 01:38 AM   #54 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,403

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rajesh Atreyu-Rehman
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"Thanks," Ashley said. It was very nice of the shopkeeper to help her find the stuff she needed. "I don't need a cauldron. I actually already got one." It was from potage's cauldron shop. That was where the bruise on her shin was from too. In Ashley's opinion, cauldrons were one of the most dangerous types of school supplies. Along with books and rubber bands and anything that was remotely sharp or heavy.
Gideon simply nodded at the thanks as well as the girl’s answer. The shopkeeper walking with the items to the counter itself to ring them up. Not that he didn’t already know how much as the rates remained fairly similar for the various students that came in and out of the shop all day all summer. “Was there anything else then?” He’d seen her looking around before he had stepped in and helped her and wondered if something else in the shop had caught her interest.
__________________
16 years - 10+Charries - Hundreds of Memories

Here's to many more!
Holmesian Feline is online now  
Old 08-21-2020, 01:53 AM   #55 (permalink)

Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,725

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Gideon simply nodded at the thanks as well as the girl’s answer. The shopkeeper walking with the items to the counter itself to ring them up. Not that he didn’t already know how much as the rates remained fairly similar for the various students that came in and out of the shop all day all summer. “Was there anything else then?” He’d seen her looking around before he had stepped in and helped her and wondered if something else in the shop had caught her interest.
Ashley looked around. She didn't think she needed anything else, and she wouldn't have been able to figure out what all these ingredients were even if she needed some. She shook her head "No thanks, I'm good." Maybe next time.
astrocat is offline  
Old 08-25-2020, 01:39 AM   #56 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,403

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rajesh Atreyu-Rehman
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ashley looked around. She didn't think she needed anything else, and she wouldn't have been able to figure out what all these ingredients were even if she needed some. She shook her head "No thanks, I'm good." Maybe next time.
Gideon began wrapping up her purchases for safe transport. "Very well," he remarked with a nod of acceptance to her answer. There was always another time. His shop certainly wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. "That will be 7 galleons and 3 sickles then."
__________________
16 years - 10+Charries - Hundreds of Memories

Here's to many more!
Holmesian Feline is online now  
Old 08-25-2020, 01:52 AM   #57 (permalink)

Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,725

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Gideon began wrapping up her purchases for safe transport. "Very well," he remarked with a nod of acceptance to her answer. There was always another time. His shop certainly wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. "That will be 7 galleons and 3 sickles then."
"Here you go. Have a nice day." Ashley handed the shopkeeper money cheerfully. She was basically done with her school shopping now, which was great because shopping was stressful. She was very relieved as she exited the shop. Now she could just chill out.
astrocat is offline  
Old 02-22-2021, 12:17 AM   #58 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,405

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default for Steph!
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Being a parent was great! ..... Most of the time. Other times it was exhausting and difficult and ... y'know. Other adjectives within that same ballpark. Never something he regretted though. Today was one of the exhausting days, but his children were his pride and joy so he'd manage. Especially because he just had one of them today.

And with Mia and Soph taking their girls day together, Zander couldn't think of a better time to venture out to Diagon Alley to restock Sophie's potion supplies. She always worked so hard, you know? He had been wanting to surprise her with a full shelf for a while now, but time was hard to come by.

So after a quick stop at sugarplum's (to get Alfie a lolly to keep him busy), the two boys headed into the apothecary. Annnnnnnnnnnnd..... Not even a second later, Alfie was out of his stroller and running towards one of the displays. "Alfie, no! Put it down!" This two year old was too curious for his own good, honestly.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 03-11-2021, 02:33 AM   #59 (permalink)


DMAC & DMC
Augurey
 
Expecto-Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Winchesters Impala
Posts: 11,757

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zarina Rae Carraro
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasmine Lenkim
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Kace Troy Lecium
Magical Creatures
x6 x2
Default Trying to get back into it ^_^
Stephanoodle || Adorable Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Being a parent was great! ..... Most of the time. Other times it was exhausting and difficult and ... y'know. Other adjectives within that same ballpark. Never something he regretted though. Today was one of the exhausting days, but his children were his pride and joy so he'd manage. Especially because he just had one of them today.

And with Mia and Soph taking their girls day together, Zander couldn't think of a better time to venture out to Diagon Alley to restock Sophie's potion supplies. She always worked so hard, you know? He had been wanting to surprise her with a full shelf for a while now, but time was hard to come by.

So after a quick stop at sugarplum's (to get Alfie a lolly to keep him busy), the two boys headed into the apothecary. Annnnnnnnnnnnd..... Not even a second later, Alfie was out of his stroller and running towards one of the displays. "Alfie, no! Put it down!" This two year old was too curious for his own good, honestly.
Kace was just strolling on down the neighborhood because why not take a stroll down memory lane plus at work he needed some new supplies to use. He used to be excited coming here to do just potions and go to school. Now being in the real world he had to be a little more extensive.

As he was looking for some potion supplies that had to deal with creature related instances he was sifting through some bottles and heard a voice that sounded concerned.

He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and turned around and saw a familiar face. He chuckled and knew that face anywhere. Speaking of memory lane he used to go to school with that guy. Now he had kids? Woah where did the time go? Now as a current bachelor status and hasn't really dated in a while.

"Hey man here is a tip maybe bringing kids where glass bottles are easily accessible is not the best option.." He saw the kid trying to run and grab for supplies. He grinned and saw it was Zander. "But Zander how have you been doing mate long time no see." He wondered what this guy has been doing for a bit but clearly he has his hands full. He hoped Zander still remembered him because if not this would be awkward.
__________________
Expecto-Penguin is offline  
Old 03-12-2021, 04:17 AM   #60 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,405

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
Kace was just strolling on down the neighborhood because why not take a stroll down memory lane plus at work he needed some new supplies to use. He used to be excited coming here to do just potions and go to school. Now being in the real world he had to be a little more extensive.

As he was looking for some potion supplies that had to deal with creature related instances he was sifting through some bottles and heard a voice that sounded concerned.

He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and turned around and saw a familiar face. He chuckled and knew that face anywhere. Speaking of memory lane he used to go to school with that guy. Now he had kids? Woah where did the time go? Now as a current bachelor status and hasn't really dated in a while.

"Hey man here is a tip maybe bringing kids where glass bottles are easily accessible is not the best option.." He saw the kid trying to run and grab for supplies. He grinned and saw it was Zander. "But Zander how have you been doing mate long time no see." He wondered what this guy has been doing for a bit but clearly he has his hands full. He hoped Zander still remembered him because if not this would be awkward.
Zander wasn't good at disciplining his children. He did just fine at the school, but his own kids were different. How could he ever say no to them? They were just so cute. So curious. They just wanted to learn about everything around them and who was he to deny?! Except when he had found crayon all over their freshly painted wall. That was... Likely not the right moment for Zander to buckle under the pressure of fatherhood. Alfie should've definitely received a light reprimand for that. There was always next time though... ha ha ha. Right?

Despite all of this, let it be known that Zander had managed to perfect the dad stare. The one that meant 'we're not doing this today, kiddo'. You know? That one. It was Dad 101. That was about as strict as it got under his rules and boy, oh boy, was Alfie on the receiving end of the stare right now. Taking the vials away from the two year old, Zander quickly made work to place them back in their appropriate places. "We're here for your mum, remember, Alfie? We're on a mission!"

To which Alfie simply responded with an elated, "MUMMY!" Yeah, yeah. It was the same way Zander lit up when he talked about her too. Alfie got that from his dad, no doubt.

"Listen, man, I didn't really have much of a-" but what he didn't have much of, Zander never got around to saying. Because as soon as he looked up to see who was talking to him, the annoyance faded out, only to be replace by a great deal of surprise. "Kace, what!?" This was nuts! Long time no see? "Yeah, no kidding! Wow. It's really been years." The guy hadn't aged a bit. Okay, maybe he had. But only a bit.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243