sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 475 users online including...
Sunflower , msulimaanto , aRogueOne , Evazzw , lorenepp2 , astrocat , Lonniepaw , nstanalafran

11 members
464 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Third Floor > Defence Against the Dark Arts


Defence Against the Dark Arts Learn how to defend yourself against dark magic and defeat dark creatures. Constant vigilance!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2018, 09:10 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Duelling Arena

When not being used for some of your Defense lessons, the duelling arena is available for those who want to get in a bit of extra training. There are several dummies available for you to have a go at, as well as a bookshelf to the far corner filled with resources should you decide to get in a bit of extra study.

No need to worry about breaking the dummies, they can withstand most things and have been charmed to repair themselves as needed. If you've got more serious spells to practice, use it on them and not your schoolmates. The Healer has a lot of work to do without dealing with injuries that could easily be avoided and reckless behaviour that leads to serious injury will be met with severe consequence, even if your partner was foolhardy enough to agree to it in the first place.

The only thing I ask is that you return the room to its previous state. The dummies will take care of themselves but any other messes I expect you to clean before you go.

To ensure some level of accountability, you will be required to tap your wand against the open page of the log book on the way in and then again on your way out. It will make the necessary notes on who used the room and when.

Note you won't be able to enter the room unless you tap your wand against the book by the door and I don't suggest trying to tinker with the charms. It might hurt a little more than you were expecting it to and all so you can avoid a little clean up? Nah. Not worth it, trust me.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
St Mungos Mod

DMAC & DMC
Crup
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 17,276

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Morgan Finn McCarthy
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Raini Youngbird
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Magical Creatures

x12 x5
Default From DADA Lesson 1
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
It is the deprimo that does the trick on the floor and the reducto that forces both children back into the wall with enough force to knock the air out of them. Explosions in close quarters were not something the Headmaster had ever advised.

Falling through the floor, the scenery begins to change. Some may even call it inspiring while others...a requirement for your exams. However you see it, it's time to move on. Your next stop is a garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Helga Hufflepuff. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.
SPOILER!!: Pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
The Alice's Adventures in Wonderland moment would have been far more appreciated and interesting if Pax hadn't been winded by the blast back from Morgan's spell. It could have been worse and.... suddenly they were in a garden.

Despite being a little winded still, Pax was intrigued by the illusion. She took it all in though she wasn't even a little bit tempted by the lemonade or the welcoming vibe. Both things were suspicious. She was not going to succumb to a trap for Hufflepuffs. Her natural mistrust meant she was very quick to discover the boggart. Pax whirled around and her eyes widened slightly as she was confronted with it.

Her twin was stalking towards her.

Boggart!Nemesis stopped in front of her and then announced tonelessly, "I hate you. You mean nothing to me. You're worth nothing to me."

Pax had not faced a boggart before, actually, and had always wondered in a dispassionate sort of way what it might appear as for her since she could never mentally conjure anything that did scare her for herself. There had never been anything concrete haunting her dreams and she had no fears that she could put any name to, but apparently there was something. Just one thing, and Pax was entirely unprepared.

"Ri-riddikulus."

"Yes," it agreed, sounding bored, "you are."

The incantation had been a reflex, and there had been nothing behind it and no wand movement either, given her wand hand had dipped somewhat upon coming face to face with the boggart version of her twin. Pax tried to rally, fighting the sudden existential dread that she was drowning in. It didn't feel like what she thought fear should feel like. She didn't feel scared, she felt... wrecked. Flayed. Destroyed.

Riddikulus should, by rights, be an easy spell for her as most spells were. She was adept at non-verbals, she was good with her wand, and the theory of it was perfectly manageable. She had to reimagine her boggart as something else to combat it. Something silly or harmless or funny. Slowly an image formed in her mind: her twin as they might have been. In frills. In pink. Bows. Lace. Ribbons. A figure shaped closer to her own. The ridiculous image was Xanthe, or a version thereof, and Pax almost vomited. Clad in silliness as that image may have been, that was a stranger, and an entirely unwelcome one, even in the private confines of her own mind.

"No." She couldn't. She wouldn't. Not even to escape a boggart would she misgender her twin. That wasn't a fear, that was a fact. Pax closed her eyes, and Boggart!Nemesis continued to tonelessly inform her of things Pax had begun to know over the previous school year, during her time in the room.

"Morgan." She used his actual name rather than the usual nickname, her voice strained. "I can't." there was no other image coming to mind that felt strong enough to defeat this manifestation for her, but she wouldn't do it. She needed Morgan to help her.
For what it was worth, Morgan thought the bigger the explosion, the better. Why go for neat and precise when you could do big and loud and exciting? It was only the fact that they were in close quarters that he didn't try something larger and more dangerous. The breaking open of the floor was rather satisfying and getting thrown back was all just a hazard of the job. An exhilarating one at that.

And falling through the flor? Even better. Once Morgan caught his breath again, he took a look around at the scenery. This was.... interesting. "Is this a daydream charm, d'you think?" he idly asked Pax, curious about what they were meant to be doing. Catching them off guard, maybe? Morgan was still rather alert though, his wand still gripped in his hand, and he wasn't about to indulge in lemonade or resting on a bench. He was caught a little by surprise to suddenly see Nemesis there confronting Pax, however.

It took Morgan a hot minute to realize that this Nemesis was actually a boggart and not the real traitor sixth year in the flesh. Their appearance was at first confusing, but soon drew out his ire, especially after what they said. Things that he'd suspected that they'd made her feel, especially after their time in the room. But he was really surprised by Pax's reaction. Morgan was certain he'd never seen her so vulnerable.

He was about to step in anyway when he heard her say his name and he gave her a reassuring nod. "It's okay. I got this." Switching his wand to his non-dominant hand, Morgan stepped in front of the boggart and punched it in the face. Of course, he knew that this was not how one got rid of boggarts, but it was a little satisfying in the moment. Less satisfying that it did not of course fight back, but instead was changing shape now that it was in front of him.

Having never faced a boggart before, Morgan wondered what shape his might take. He'd always thought of himself as rather fearless for the most part so this would maybe be interesting. Eventually the boggart morphed from Nemesis Upstead to the decaying form of a reanimated Lucien Rosier. A Lucien Rosier advancing on him with his threats of crucio and sending him back to that room, but this time to leave him locked in there alone until his eventual death.

Momentarily stunned and intimidated, a wide-eyed Morgan took a step back before switching his wand back to his dominant hand. "No," he said, setting his jaw. "You're dead." He knew theoretically how to defeat a boggart and tried to picture something funny and ridiculous before swinging his wand back around to point at the gross, decaying figure.

"Riddikulus!" He pictured the form of the deceased former headmaster turning into a ridiculous-looking sad-faced clown, complete with honkable red nose and squirting lapel flower. The thought was amusing to Morgan, though maybe in a more spiteful way. But enough to make him laugh because he really was a clown.
__________________


Last edited by emjay; 05-15-2021 at 06:38 PM.
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)



DMAC & DMT
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,386

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollo Grimm Adara-Stark
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ethan Denton
Transportation

x12 x8
Default DADA lesson one (I think we were the last post from the group?)
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | BigBadSis | Slytherin Soul & Badger Heart

SPOILER!!: Bella, Serena, their room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Bella was about to step on Apollo's foot to get him to jolt into alertness since they needed to get a move on when of course they were joined by Serena. Her showing up demanding to be Apollo's partner too finally got him talking. Upset now, since Apollo hadn't acknowledged her at all Bella now wished she had chosen to go solo like Claudine. Guess she just had to take a bite out of the sour apple and play friendly for now.

It didn't help that Apollo seemed oblivious to her feelings of upsetness that no doubt radiated from her off her skin. Instead he just said they'd be a trio and then introduced her to Serena and the other way around. Forcing on a smile she said even if rather wouldn't have said anything at all. "Hi Serena. We're in the same house. Maybe we can chat sometime at dinner? Anyway, let's go into the room.." As Apollo headed off Bella followed in his wake and prodded the door marked with second year before she headed inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Adara-Stark, Connolly, Baltazar-Dos Santos


The room you enter is entirely dark. An eerie breathing can be heard but it's difficult to tell the direction from which it comes. Sometimes it seems the breathing is right behind you. Sometimes it appears to be moving away. The sudden sound of footsteps hammering toward you may alarm you. Can't fight what you can't see, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
A trio???

Serena shrugged. Sure, why not? More protection for her.

As for the introductions, Serena simply nodded curtly at Bella. She remembered her as the person who delivered Apollo's note during the Feast. She's also shared a common room.

Speaking of Bella, she didn't seem too happy. That or she had stomach issues and was pretending to be okay. Her daddy has been teaching her to read people, and Serena made no waste of those skills. She read people constantly, and she was reading Bella right now. As for the dinner invitation..."Sure," she agreed, refraining from turning it down like she normally would. Bella is her housemate, she deserves a chance. Plus, it'd be amusing.

Following the older students' lead and did as the Headmaster had mentioned. Just in case, she stayed close to Apollo. She was trying to decide who she'd rely most during this exercise. The boy who owed her a broomstick or the girl in her house.

Once in the room, Serena did not like this one BIT. She relied heavily on her sense of sight, and the fact that it was pitch dark inside the room with a weird breathing pattern caught her off guard. "Guys..." she breathed, her hand instinctively reaching for Bella's (her brain made the decision for her). At least, she hoped it was. If it was an inferi or something else, she was going to scream.

Then footsteps....SHE WAS GOING TO SCREAM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
As they entered the pitch black broom. Bella stopped and lifted her wand up and casted in quick succession. "Lumos Duo! Protego Duo!" Let there be light and protection, because it was darker in here than she was quite comfortable with. Feeling Serena's hand cling to hers, she for a split second considered letting go of it because she was still very upset at Apollo. However they were in class and Serena was undoubtedly scared so she held on to her hand and then said soothingly trying her best to pretend that she wasn't scared at all as the sound of hammering footsteps came nearer. "Relax Serena, screaming will only anger whatever it is that is coming towards us. Keep your wand ready. Do you now any attacking spells?" Turning her attention to Apollo she asked "Have you got a plan?"



Apollo definitely was the textbook definition of oblivious, but also he was in full fledge Gryffindor protection mode too which meant looking out for his friends, both new and old. Moving on though because they needed to keep it moving and it wasn't a matter of being rude, but they had to get through this task and he'd already made for the brief introductions, he could squinted into the darkness hearing breathing and footsteps. "Lumos," He cast, even though Bella had cast as well, but all the light would definitely be helpful. "Ssh, Ser--," he urged, feeling her close and perhaps in between himself and Bella. Did he have a plan? Uh -- He frowned, looking around the room. "Atlas used bombarda last year. I think I could probably manage that one." When in doubt, blowing things up definitely seemed like a good distraction measure.
__________________
________________________... throw open all the windows, might be an uphill climb

'Cause I am the moment, the moment is me.... ______________________
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,076

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie
Default From DADA Lesson No.1 ('cause I was called away before I could finish this post)

Text Cut: Violet's next room
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Spell don't actually seem to be working this go around. It's as if the dummies are protected by their own spell....the sort of spell you should really try casting, too. Just, y'know, to even out the playing field a bit.


Violet was getting frustrated. None of her spells seemed to be working, the dummies seemed to be protected against her. But the only protection spell she could think of was Protego, which had been her standby defense during the recent battle. "Protego duo!" she cried, trying to dodge the dummies. She really was not sure what else to do.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,541

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default continuing from DADA lesson 1
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
A T L A S.

See, two can capitilize names - but that did not change the fact that he was just trying to be a good boy and TRUSTING his brother's instincts right now.

"Knockback Jinx, got it, I definitely know that one!" he said, UNFREEZING immediately. Aiming his wand at a dummy, he rather confidently shouted, "Flipendo!"

DID THAT WORK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

You've managed to get the dummies away and it seems this time that they're staying away--or not. The dummies come rushing toward you again. The only escape seems to be a ledge you hadn't noticed before--as it wasn't there before. Quickly, you must get to the ledge but it reveals a deep drop. Thankfully, you can see the bottom. Less fortunate however, you may be able to tell that's a solid fall. You've got no choice, you must jump or the dummies will have another go at you. There must be some way to prevent injury upon falling.
Okay so...blasting these things back was clearly not working and Atlas was beginning to feel like he and his brother were trying to shove a square peg through a circular hole. Basically, they needed to change things up a bit in taking down these dummies.

"What kind of illusion is THIS RUBBISH?!" he barked as he and his brother came to the end of a ledge. A ledge that had a long drop and sudden stop. Atlas still did not have many spells in his arsenal ... and he assumed that Aries had even less. At least...he wanted to assume this for his own pride and to be one up on something between them. They were probably supposed to jump...but Atlas was very not keen on doing that. He did not know any spells to slow his fall and his Spongify may as well have been Hardify given the results he had been producing.

They could shrink all the dummies with Diminuendo...or...maybe....

"Hey...hey...remember that game we used to play when learning how to ride our bikes? Chicken?" he asked while turning his head sideways to look at his brother. "...you...you fancy a game?"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
Book Club Mod


DMC
Mooncalf
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 7,174

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Nicolette Margot Charbonneau
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Magical Creatures
x3
Default From DADA Lesson 1
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

SPOILER!!: Ivy, Scarlett & the Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Mess was Scarlett's middle NAME. That was, if Leonore meant mess, which it DIDN'T, but STILL. This Hufflepuff was ALL for mess. The stink didn't bother her the slightest EITHER. She smelled worst things before, so she could DEAL with this just FINE.

Looking around, she assessed the situation FIRST before deciding it was OKAY to take a few steps AWAY from the ignorant Hufflepuff and the nice Ravenclaw. Didn't Florence Charbonneau wanted her NOT getting in the way??? So BE it. Scarlett wasn't trying to be quiet EITHER.

SPLOSH SPLOSH SPLOSH she went, flicking her wand randomly causing a small light to appear on its tip. HEY, COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HINKYPUNK!??!?!?! Scarlett didn't know MUCH about those, but she knew enough to know there were CREEPY and something she should stay AWAY from in real life. But was THIS real life??????? IF that was a hinkypunk, would it be a REAL hinkypunk or a pretend one? Were the teachers allowed to handle such CREATURES???????? Besides, how did one even GET one of those to cooperate in a lesson??????

So, Scarlett assumed it was a fake one. BUT she'd play along.

Sploshing AWAY from the other girls, yep. BYE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
She wasn't sure what she was expecting when she opened the door, but her foot sinking into mud probably wasn't on her list.

Wrinkling her nose at the smell of it all, Ivy shifted her feet, hoping for some stable not-muddy ground, but there didn't seem to be much. Even with her eyes adjusting to the change in lighting, she could tell they were in some kinda swamp or bog. The ground was all wet and muddy and gross.

But there did seem to be a light ahead somewhere... Very suspicious.

"Yeah, hinkypunk seems most likely," she replied, nodding at Florrie, then mumbled a quick "Lumos" as well to light the tip of her wand. The Homenum Revelio spell was a good idea too. Didn't hurt to cover their bases and make sure it wasn't coming from a human source. Good to be prepared and all that, like the Headmaster had said.

Only...wait, what was with all the sploshing? Where was the first year going? "Hey, wait! We should probably stick together." Though thank Merlin the girl didn't appear to be going towards the (possible) hinkypunk light at least?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Hello travellers, welcome to the bog. Might we interest you in a nice, shiny light to illuminate your path through this...terribly dark and marshy place?

The light swings back and forth, trying to get their attention.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all followed such a helpful guide?


You know, if she thought the younger Hufflepuff would wander off and that would be the end of it, Florrie probably would have let her. But she had a feeling it would reflect badly on her grade, and that was just... Not okay. She was not failing because of a kid. If it was because of her own mistakes, that would be fine, but a kid?

Not happening.

And though she'd not given Ivy much thought before now (soz), Florrie found she was very grateful for the Ravenclaw being there. Especially when she called Scarlett back so that she didn't have to. "I'm not sure what we're supposed to do, because if this was real I would probably go in the opposite direction," Florrie was thinking aloud, for her own benefit as well as the other girls. "But this is a lesson, and I don't see any door, so maybe we have to... defeat the hinkypunk?" 'Defeat' for want of a better word. Either way, she was open to Ivy's thoughts, and she was keeping an eye on the first year.
__________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,692

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Sixth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default From DADA Lesson 1
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post


With the last of the inferi vanquished, you retrieve the key and head through the door. Looking around, you find yourself in a in a poorly lit forest. Is this the Forbidden Forest? How would you know? It doesn't matter, you've got bigger problems on your hands, namely the suddenly chill in the air. Did you dress warm enough?


The hollow, rattling sound soon alerts you to your next challenge. The dark figure emerges from the trees, gliding ever closer to you.


A hand reaches out as if to grab you. You must rid yourself of this nightmare, or pay the price of your soul.
Heath looked on, poised to try conjuring a fire rope if his initial spells had failed, but it wasn't necessary. The Inferi were gone, leaving him able to take the key and open the door. He stepped inside, shivering at the chill in the air, and his heartbeat quickened. This reminded him way too much of fourth year when the fake headmaster abandoned everyone in the Forbidden Forest. Whatever's in here, please don't be an acromantula! he thought.

His dark eyes darted about, taking in as much of his surroundings as the darkness allowed. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched… or followed. Or both. The feeling was all but confirmed as a rsttling noise startled him. He turned in the direction of the sound, wand at the ready. For a fleeting moment, the thought crossed his mind to try casting lumos, but he decided against it. Although it would help him see, it could also lead whatever made that sound straight to him.

Then he saw it - a hand reaching out at him - and he knew instantly that he was dealing with a dementor. Panic set in. He knew how to defeat it, but he didn't know if he could do it. Despite successfully casting a patronus last term, he'd been unable to produce it again since being imprisoned in The Room… though he wasn't sure if that was due to lack of access to his wand or negative feelings holding him back. Only one way to find our, he supposed!

His thoughts turned to Christmas Eve three terms ago, the happiest he'd ever felt… of students and professors alike gathered in the Great Hall, of decorating a tree, of that feeling of butterflies in his stomach when he looked at her, of knowing he'd never have to be alone again. Concentrating on that memory with all his strength, he aimed his wand at the hand coming toward him and cast, "Expecto Patronum!"

He watched as silver whisps shot out of the tip of his wand, hoping to see them take the form of a swan as they had in his previous successes with the spell, but they remained an amorphous mass. Still, an incorporeal patronus was better than nothing, right? He hoped so!
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster




MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,026

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
x12 x12
Default Sorry for the wait guys, just landed and got settled <3
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: McCarthy, Upstead. P
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
For what it was worth, Morgan thought the bigger the explosion, the better. Why go for neat and precise when you could do big and loud and exciting? It was only the fact that they were in close quarters that he didn't try something larger and more dangerous. The breaking open of the floor was rather satisfying and getting thrown back was all just a hazard of the job. An exhilarating one at that.

And falling through the flor? Even better. Once Morgan caught his breath again, he took a look around at the scenery. This was.... interesting. "Is this a daydream charm, d'you think?" he idly asked Pax, curious about what they were meant to be doing. Catching them off guard, maybe? Morgan was still rather alert though, his wand still gripped in his hand, and he wasn't about to indulge in lemonade or resting on a bench. He was caught a little by surprise to suddenly see Nemesis there confronting Pax, however.

It took Morgan a hot minute to realize that this Nemesis was actually a boggart and not the real traitor sixth year in the flesh. Their appearance was at first confusing, but soon drew out his ire, especially after what they said. Things that he'd suspected that they'd made her feel, especially after their time in the room. But he was really surprised by Pax's reaction. Morgan was certain he'd never seen her so vulnerable.

He was about to step in anyway when he heard her say his name and he gave her a reassuring nod. "It's okay. I got this." Switching his wand to his non-dominant hand, Morgan stepped in front of the boggart and punched it in the face. Of course, he knew that this was not how one got rid of boggarts, but it was a little satisfying in the moment. Less satisfying that it did not of course fight back, but instead was changing shape now that it was in front of him.

Having never faced a boggart before, Morgan wondered what shape his might take. He'd always thought of himself as rather fearless for the most part so this would maybe be interesting. Eventually the boggart morphed from Nemesis Upstead to the decaying form of a reanimated Lucien Rosier. A Lucien Rosier advancing on him with his threats of crucio and sending him back to that room, but this time to leave him locked in there alone until his eventual death.

Momentarily stunned and intimidated, a wide-eyed Morgan took a step back before switching his wand back to his dominant hand. "No," he said, setting his jaw. "You're dead." He knew theoretically how to defeat a boggart and tried to picture something funny and ridiculous before swinging his wand back around to point at the gross, decaying figure.

"Riddikulus!" He pictured the form of the deceased former headmaster turning into a ridiculous-looking sad-faced clown, complete with honkable red nose and squirting lapel flower. The thought was amusing to Morgan, though maybe in a more spiteful way. But enough to make him laugh because he really was a clown.


While it had had a good time feeding off the fear of the first student—and even the boy—it was short lived. The boggart began to morph again, settling in the form of a clown.

Now that you've made it this far, you find there is a door waiting for you. The door however, is locked. No amount of spells will open this door as it has been sealed. The only way to get it will be through the field of inferi that guard the box containing the key. The box very clearly has the word key on it for the less subtle among you. Hopefully you've been brushing up and know what to do. It wouldn't do to have them rip you limb from limb and bring you to the side of the dead...er...undead.


SPOILER!!: Adara-Stark, Connolly, Balthazar-Dos Santos
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

Apollo definitely was the textbook definition of oblivious, but also he was in full fledge Gryffindor protection mode too which meant looking out for his friends, both new and old. Moving on though because they needed to keep it moving and it wasn't a matter of being rude, but they had to get through this task and he'd already made for the brief introductions, he could squinted into the darkness hearing breathing and footsteps. "Lumos," He cast, even though Bella had cast as well, but all the light would definitely be helpful. "Ssh, Ser--," he urged, feeling her close and perhaps in between himself and Bella. Did he have a plan? Uh -- He frowned, looking around the room. "Atlas used bombarda last year. I think I could probably manage that one." When in doubt, blowing things up definitely seemed like a good distraction measure.


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?


SPOILER!!: Blackthorne
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post

Violet was getting frustrated. None of her spells seemed to be working, the dummies seemed to be protected against her. But the only protection spell she could think of was Protego, which had been her standby defense during the recent battle. "Protego duo!" she cried, trying to dodge the dummies. She really was not sure what else to do.


The spell protects you well enough. Perhaps....a hex repelling charm next time but it’s time to move on!

Merlin, what a workout! You look like you could use a moment's rest. The room opens up and the dummies vanish. Such a lovely garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Godric Gryffindor. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.



SPOILER!!: Jones
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath looked on, poised to try conjuring a fire rope if his initial spells had failed, but it wasn't necessary. The Inferi were gone, leaving him able to take the key and open the door. He stepped inside, shivering at the chill in the air, and his heartbeat quickened. This reminded him way too much of fourth year when the fake headmaster abandoned everyone in the Forbidden Forest. Whatever's in here, please don't be an acromantula! he thought.

His dark eyes darted about, taking in as much of his surroundings as the darkness allowed. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched… or followed. Or both. The feeling was all but confirmed as a rsttling noise startled him. He turned in the direction of the sound, wand at the ready. For a fleeting moment, the thought crossed his mind to try casting lumos, but he decided against it. Although it would help him see, it could also lead whatever made that sound straight to him.

Then he saw it - a hand reaching out at him - and he knew instantly that he was dealing with a dementor. Panic set in. He knew how to defeat it, but he didn't know if he could do it. Despite successfully casting a patronus last term, he'd been unable to produce it again since being imprisoned in The Room… though he wasn't sure if that was due to lack of access to his wand or negative feelings holding him back. Only one way to find our, he supposed!

His thoughts turned to Christmas Eve three terms ago, the happiest he'd ever felt… of students and professors alike gathered in the Great Hall, of decorating a tree, of that feeling of butterflies in his stomach when he looked at her, of knowing he'd never have to be alone again. Concentrating on that memory with all his strength, he aimed his wand at the hand coming toward him and cast, "Expecto Patronum!"

He watched as silver whisps shot out of the tip of his wand, hoping to see them take the form of a swan as they had in his previous successes with the spell, but they remained an amorphous mass. Still, an incorporeal patronus was better than nothing, right? He hoped so!


Shapeless as it is, it does the trick and the dementor retreats.

You've defeated the dementor and gotten the door open. Once you walk through this door, you find yourself back in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The Headmaster is sat at his desk awaiting your arrival. He asks you to assess how prepared you were for this activity, what you feel you could improve on and how you felt while going through it. Honesty is fine.


__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.


Last edited by DaniDiNardo; 05-17-2021 at 02:33 PM.
DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,607

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ivy Grimm
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default Continuing from DADA Lesson 1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Text Cut: Room, Scarlett, & Florrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Charbonneau, Mordaunt, Grimm



Hello travellers, welcome to the bog. Might we interest you in a nice, shiny light to illuminate your path through this...terribly dark and marshy place?

The light swings back and forth, trying to get their attention.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all followed such a helpful guide?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Text Cut: Groupmates & the room




Stick together? Yeah, nah. Especially not with that Hufflepuff who clearly did not want Scarlett's company. THIS Hufflepuff wouldn't normally care and would just move on, but the THING was, they were an official 'group' in this LESSON and had to go through the room TOGETHER. But THAT together didn't mean LITERALLY glued to each other, WHICH Scarlett took to her advantage.

SO to the OTHER SIDE of the room she went. Sploshing away, wand lit up in front of her. Um, um, in FACT, she was INDEED going towards the light. She wanted to take a CLOSER LOOK at the fake!hinkypunk.

That was why she pointed her wand at it. HELLO????? SHE WANTED TO SEE YOUR FACE, MR FAKE CREATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
SPOILER!!: Ivy, Scarlett & the Room






You know, if she thought the younger Hufflepuff would wander off and that would be the end of it, Florrie probably would have let her. But she had a feeling it would reflect badly on her grade, and that was just... Not okay. She was not failing because of a kid. If it was because of her own mistakes, that would be fine, but a kid?

Not happening.

And though she'd not given Ivy much thought before now (soz), Florrie found she was very grateful for the Ravenclaw being there. Especially when she called Scarlett back so that she didn't have to. "I'm not sure what we're supposed to do, because if this was real I would probably go in the opposite direction," Florrie was thinking aloud, for her own benefit as well as the other girls. "But this is a lesson, and I don't see any door, so maybe we have to... defeat the hinkypunk?" 'Defeat' for want of a better word. Either way, she was open to Ivy's thoughts, and she was keeping an eye on the first year.


Even knowing what she knew about hinkypunks, it was interesting how tempting it still was to follow the light. Nothing here was real, of course, this was all just for a lesson, but it still felt real. The mud, the smell, the darkness... The light promised freedom from it all, and Ivy very much wanted to get out of this place.

But fortunately she had Florrie and the Hufflepuff first year - she really ought to find out her name, but she hadn't been able to get a look at her name tag yet - with her...or at least she had Florrie, because the first year didn't seem to be listening to her and was wandering towards the probable hinkypunk now.

Though...the older Hufflepuff had a good point. Realistically they should go in a different direction, but considering the circumstances surrounding the bog? It would probably be too easy to just walk away and stumble upon another door out of there.

Ivy nodded. "That makes sense to me," she said, taking several careful steps forward. "Looks like someone wants to lead us in that direction anyway." She nodded in the first year's direction. They couldn't just leave her to face the creature on her own.
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,279

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default continued from DADA lesson 1 (Apollo, Serena room)
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Apollo + dummies
Quote:
You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

Apollo definitely was the textbook definition of oblivious, but also he was in full fledge Gryffindor protection mode too which meant looking out for his friends, both new and old. Moving on though because they needed to keep it moving and it wasn't a matter of being rude, but they had to get through this task and he'd already made for the brief introductions, he could squinted into the darkness hearing breathing and footsteps. "Lumos," He cast, even though Bella had cast as well, but all the light would definitely be helpful. "Ssh, Ser--," he urged, feeling her close and perhaps in between himself and Bella. Did he have a plan? Uh -- He frowned, looking around the room. "Atlas used bombarda last year. I think I could probably manage that one." When in doubt, blowing things up definitely seemed like a good distraction measure.


Bella stopped to stare around as her wand illuminated some very vicious looking dummies that now surrounded the three of them. Swallowing down hard in sudden fright, she looked from Apollo to Serena. "We can try bombarda , but won't stupefy work too?" Next second she felt how the dummies started to grab for her arms and pulling at her clothes to drag her in different directions. Letting out a panicked scream Bella shouted. "Stop grabbing at me!" before she raised her wand. She didn't cast any spells before she had calmed herself down. She'd be no use to Apollo or Serena if she broke down. When she felt clam and in charge again she casted a series of spells in the dummies directions. "Stupefy! Bombarda! Stupefy!" Sparing a glance at her partners she called over to them. "Be wary of the dummies. They aren't nice! Anyone got any other spell ideas that might keep the dummies at bay?
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,076

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

The spell protects you well enough. Perhaps....a hex repelling charm next time but it’s time to move on!

Merlin, what a workout! You look like you could use a moment's rest. The room opens up and the dummies vanish. Such a lovely garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Godric Gryffindor. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.
Violet was about to try Finite Incantatum as a last resort, as she didn't couldn't think of any hex-repelling charms that she knew, but before she could try it, the scene abruptly changed. Now she was in a pleasant garden, with beckoning benches and lemonade and...Godric Gryffindor! Violet was suspicious of the idyllic setting to begin with--after all, Trent was not testing them on their ability to relax! But the appearance of the Gryffindor founder put her on high alert. Because what would he be doing here with a Slytherin?

Suddenly Violet hear a rustle behind her and wheeled around, her wand at the ready, and saw...her mother, dying on the ground! She could barely remember her mother, but from the bits and snatches she did remember, along with the photos Miss Howard had showed her, this was her. Dying, and before Violet ever had a chance to try to find her. This had been her greatest fear for a long time, especially since what should have been her second year, when she'd run away to New York with her father and found that Helena Blackthorne was no longer with him.

As she watched, frozen in horror with a few tears starting to trickle down her cheeks, the face of the dying woman eerily morphed into the features of her governess, who she'd spent most of her childhood with, who she'd seen just this past summer when Miss Howard had appeared at the end of the battle to see if Violet was all right. This was almost worse!

But the appearance of her former governess suddenly stiffened her resolve, because Miss Howard would not approve at all of a person standing and snivelling when faced with danger, instead of doing something about it. She knew how to fight a boggart, the question was, would she be able to manage to do it?

"R-r-rid-d-diku...Ridddik.., she tried to stammer through her tears. Then she took a sharp, deep breath, imagined the dying Miss Howard springing up and shouting, 'Just fooling!' and shouted "Riddikulus!!"
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster




MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,026

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
x12 x12
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Charbonneau, Grimm, Mordaunt
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
You know, if she thought the younger Hufflepuff would wander off and that would be the end of it, Florrie probably would have let her. But she had a feeling it would reflect badly on her grade, and that was just... Not okay. She was not failing because of a kid. If it was because of her own mistakes, that would be fine, but a kid?

Not happening.

And though she'd not given Ivy much thought before now (soz), Florrie found she was very grateful for the Ravenclaw being there. Especially when she called Scarlett back so that she didn't have to. "I'm not sure what we're supposed to do, because if this was real I would probably go in the opposite direction," Florrie was thinking aloud, for her own benefit as well as the other girls. "But this is a lesson, and I don't see any door, so maybe we have to... defeat the hinkypunk?" 'Defeat' for want of a better word. Either way, she was open to Ivy's thoughts, and she was keeping an eye on the first year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Text Cut: Room, Scarlett, & Florrie






Even knowing what she knew about hinkypunks, it was interesting how tempting it still was to follow the light. Nothing here was real, of course, this was all just for a lesson, but it still felt real. The mud, the smell, the darkness... The light promised freedom from it all, and Ivy very much wanted to get out of this place.

But fortunately she had Florrie and the Hufflepuff first year - she really ought to find out her name, but she hadn't been able to get a look at her name tag yet - with her...or at least she had Florrie, because the first year didn't seem to be listening to her and was wandering towards the probable hinkypunk now.

Though...the older Hufflepuff had a good point. Realistically they should go in a different direction, but considering the circumstances surrounding the bog? It would probably be too easy to just walk away and stumble upon another door out of there.

Ivy nodded. "That makes sense to me," she said, taking several careful steps forward. "Looks like someone wants to lead us in that direction anyway." She nodded in the first year's direction. They couldn't just leave her to face the creature on her own.


It does seem that something wants to lead you away, but when it becomes clear you won’t be getting any closer, you suddenly find yourself under fire—literally!! Fireballs rain down from the sky, the hunkypunk moving ever closer.

Watch out?


SPOILER!!: Blackthorne
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet was about to try Finite Incantatum as a last resort, as she didn't couldn't think of any hex-repelling charms that she knew, but before she could try it, the scene abruptly changed. Now she was in a pleasant garden, with beckoning benches and lemonade and...Godric Gryffindor! Violet was suspicious of the idyllic setting to begin with--after all, Trent was not testing them on their ability to relax! But the appearance of the Gryffindor founder put her on high alert. Because what would he be doing here with a Slytherin?

Suddenly Violet hear a rustle behind her and wheeled around, her wand at the ready, and saw...her mother, dying on the ground! She could barely remember her mother, but from the bits and snatches she did remember, along with the photos Miss Howard had showed her, this was her. Dying, and before Violet ever had a chance to try to find her. This had been her greatest fear for a long time, especially since what should have been her second year, when she'd run away to New York with her father and found that Helena Blackthorne was no longer with him.

As she watched, frozen in horror with a few tears starting to trickle down her cheeks, the face of the dying woman eerily morphed into the features of her governess, who she'd spent most of her childhood with, who she'd seen just this past summer when Miss Howard had appeared at the end of the battle to see if Violet was all right. This was almost worse!

But the appearance of her former governess suddenly stiffened her resolve, because Miss Howard would not approve at all of a person standing and snivelling when faced with danger, instead of doing something about it. She knew how to fight a boggart, the question was, would she be able to manage to do it?

"R-r-rid-d-diku...Ridddik.., she tried to stammer through her tears. Then she took a sharp, deep breath, imagined the dying Miss Howard springing up and shouting, 'Just fooling!' and shouted "Riddikulus!!"


Just fooling is right! The once menacing boggart no longer appears so. Defeated, it retreats behind the fountain and is gone.

Whether it was because you were trying to get away from your worst fear just now or because you've now been able to move on, you find yourself deep inside a canyon that may or may not stretch on for miles. No sense going back, you must go forward and so you do. The only problem here is there is a large stone blockage--towering at least 15 ft high. You could levitate everything out of the way piece by piece but then....do you really want to waste all that time when the sky has suddenly turned to night and an ominous full moon rises to the centre of the sky? If you didn't already know it was coming, the chilling howl in the distance would. You're...gonna need a faster way to clear this.



__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:37 AM   #13 (permalink)



DMLE & MO
Mooncalf
 
Deezerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 7,346

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos
First Year
x8
Default
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

SPOILER!!: Apollo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Apollo definitely was the textbook definition of oblivious, but also he was in full fledge Gryffindor protection mode too which meant looking out for his friends, both new and old. Moving on though because they needed to keep it moving and it wasn't a matter of being rude, but they had to get through this task and he'd already made for the brief introductions, he could squinted into the darkness hearing breathing and footsteps. "Lumos," He cast, even though Bella had cast as well, but all the light would definitely be helpful. "Ssh, Ser--," he urged, feeling her close and perhaps in between himself and Bella. Did he have a plan? Uh -- He frowned, looking around the room. "Atlas used bombarda last year. I think I could probably manage that one." When in doubt, blowing things up definitely seemed like a good distraction measure.


SPOILER!!: Bella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Bella stopped to stare around as her wand illuminated some very vicious looking dummies that now surrounded the three of them. Swallowing down hard in sudden fright, she looked from Apollo to Serena. "We can try bombarda , but won't stupefy work too?" Next second she felt how the dummies started to grab for her arms and pulling at her clothes to drag her in different directions. Letting out a panicked scream Bella shouted. "Stop grabbing at me!" before she raised her wand. She didn't cast any spells before she had calmed herself down. She'd be no use to Apollo or Serena if she broke down. When she felt clam and in charge again she casted a series of spells in the dummies directions. "Stupefy! Bombarda! Stupefy!" Sparing a glance at her partners she called over to them. "Be wary of the dummies. They aren't nice! Anyone got any other spell ideas that might keep the dummies at bay?


SPOILER!!: Their Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Adara-Stark, Connolly, Balthazar-Dos Santos


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?



Serena’s hand flew to her mouth to keep from screaming. No need to--

Attract attention…

They were surrounded by dummies! Mean looking dummies. Dummies that were pulling at their clothes. Serena swatted their hands away. On occasion using her sharp fingernails to yank them away from her. They might have startled her, but she was too proud to go down. For now, at least.

“I-I don’t know how to cast bombarda, yet!” she said through all the commotion. She’s read all about spells. She’s practiced them with twigs, but nothing too powerful.

It then occurred to her that she had practiced a spell and got it down. This morning outside she had cast it on an insect and it has worked! “I know one!” she exclaimed. “PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!” A jet of light shot out of her wand and into the crowd of dummies.
__________________
Deezerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Text Cut: Ivy, Florrie & room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
SPOILER!!: Ivy, Scarlett & the Room






You know, if she thought the younger Hufflepuff would wander off and that would be the end of it, Florrie probably would have let her. But she had a feeling it would reflect badly on her grade, and that was just... Not okay. She was not failing because of a kid. If it was because of her own mistakes, that would be fine, but a kid?

Not happening.

And though she'd not given Ivy much thought before now (soz), Florrie found she was very grateful for the Ravenclaw being there. Especially when she called Scarlett back so that she didn't have to. "I'm not sure what we're supposed to do, because if this was real I would probably go in the opposite direction," Florrie was thinking aloud, for her own benefit as well as the other girls. "But this is a lesson, and I don't see any door, so maybe we have to... defeat the hinkypunk?" 'Defeat' for want of a better word. Either way, she was open to Ivy's thoughts, and she was keeping an eye on the first year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Text Cut: Room, Scarlett, & Florrie






Even knowing what she knew about hinkypunks, it was interesting how tempting it still was to follow the light. Nothing here was real, of course, this was all just for a lesson, but it still felt real. The mud, the smell, the darkness... The light promised freedom from it all, and Ivy very much wanted to get out of this place.

But fortunately she had Florrie and the Hufflepuff first year - she really ought to find out her name, but she hadn't been able to get a look at her name tag yet - with her...or at least she had Florrie, because the first year didn't seem to be listening to her and was wandering towards the probable hinkypunk now.

Though...the older Hufflepuff had a good point. Realistically they should go in a different direction, but considering the circumstances surrounding the bog? It would probably be too easy to just walk away and stumble upon another door out of there.

Ivy nodded. "That makes sense to me," she said, taking several careful steps forward. "Looks like someone wants to lead us in that direction anyway." She nodded in the first year's direction. They couldn't just leave her to face the creature on her own.


Again, sticking together didn't seem necessary when it was all pretend, BESIDES, that ignorant of a Hufflepuff didn't want her company, so Scarlett wouldn't bother either.

She also pretended she couldn't hear the girls, although she COULD and WAS. Nothing useful was coming from them and the hinkypunk seemed to be just chill--

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The little girl SCREEEEEEAMED and splashed bog mud all over the place as she started flailing and running around. "OW!!!!!!!!" SMALL BALL OF FIRE HIT HER RIGHT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing she was left-handed, huh? Still. "OW!!!!" Tearful glares at YOU, fake!hinkypunk. She'd have to go to the hospital wing afterwards for SURE.

The Hufflepuff shoved her burned hand in the bog mud, which soothed the burning feeling straight away. Phew! But THEN!!!!!!!! Oh, THEN!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN!!!!!!!!! She pulled her hand back out of the mud and started running TOWARDS the fake!hinkypunk, her lit up wand stretched right in front of her.

DIIIIIE, FAKE!CREATURE, DIIIIIIIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:12 AM   #15 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,076

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

Whether it was because you were trying to get away from your worst fear just now or because you've now been able to move on, you find yourself deep inside a canyon that may or may not stretch on for miles. No sense going back, you must go forward and so you do. The only problem here is there is a large stone blockage--towering at least 15 ft high. You could levitate everything out of the way piece by piece but then....do you really want to waste all that time when the sky has suddenly turned to night and an ominous full moon rises to the centre of the sky? If you didn't already know it was coming, the chilling howl in the distance would. You're...gonna need a faster way to clear this.
Violet felt disoriented by the sudden change in location and it took a moment to clear her head. When she did, she found herself in a decidedly creepy place--her path forward blocked by a big pile of stone and a howling sound off in the distance. Violet really wanted to get out of here, now, but she certainly wasn't going back in the direction of that howling and she couldn't go forward.

Or could she? She thought briefly of the ascending charm that had been discussed in a class a year or so ago--everything before the war seemed so long ago! But that seemed likely to hurt a person if they were surrounded by stones.

Well, she'd had good luck with blowing things up the past year--blowing things up and setting them on fire, was that really all she could manage? But it seemed like an option right now, so she prepared to cast the exploding charm, and she might as well make it extra strong for good measure. "Bombarda Maxima!" she cried, pointing her wand at the barrier. Then she cast Protego around herself and crouched down, covering her head and closing her eyes.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
Book Club Mod


DMC
Mooncalf
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 7,174

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Nicolette Margot Charbonneau
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Magical Creatures
x3
Post
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

SPOILER!!: Ivy, Scarlett & the room
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Even knowing what she knew about hinkypunks, it was interesting how tempting it still was to follow the light. Nothing here was real, of course, this was all just for a lesson, but it still felt real. The mud, the smell, the darkness... The light promised freedom from it all, and Ivy very much wanted to get out of this place.

But fortunately she had Florrie and the Hufflepuff first year - she really ought to find out her name, but she hadn't been able to get a look at her name tag yet - with her...or at least she had Florrie, because the first year didn't seem to be listening to her and was wandering towards the probable hinkypunk now.

Though...the older Hufflepuff had a good point. Realistically they should go in a different direction, but considering the circumstances surrounding the bog? It would probably be too easy to just walk away and stumble upon another door out of there.

Ivy nodded. "That makes sense to me," she said, taking several careful steps forward. "Looks like someone wants to lead us in that direction anyway." She nodded in the first year's direction. They couldn't just leave her to face the creature on her own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It does seem that something wants to lead you away, but when it becomes clear you won’t be getting any closer, you suddenly find yourself under fire—literally!! Fireballs rain down from the sky, the hunkypunk moving ever closer.

Watch out?[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Again, sticking together didn't seem necessary when it was all pretend, BESIDES, that ignorant of a Hufflepuff didn't want her company, so Scarlett wouldn't bother either.

She also pretended she couldn't hear the girls, although she COULD and WAS. Nothing useful was coming from them and the hinkypunk seemed to be just chill--

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The little girl SCREEEEEEAMED and splashed bog mud all over the place as she started flailing and running around. "OW!!!!!!!!" SMALL BALL OF FIRE HIT HER RIGHT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing she was left-handed, huh? Still. "OW!!!!" Tearful glares at YOU, fake!hinkypunk. She'd have to go to the hospital wing afterwards for SURE.

The Hufflepuff shoved her burned hand in the bog mud, which soothed the burning feeling straight away. Phew! But THEN!!!!!!!! Oh, THEN!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN!!!!!!!!! She pulled her hand back out of the mud and started running TOWARDS the fake!hinkypunk, her lit up wand stretched right in front of her.

DIIIIIE, FAKE!CREATURE, DIIIIIIIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Florrie was fighting the urge to go after the hinkypunk with everything she had. She had never thought it would be this difficult to resist something she knew would be dangerous, but it was proving her wrong. They were doing well, though, and Ivy agreed with her idea that they probably should go towards it, if only because there was no other way out. And the younger girl was strolling off that way. Florrie followed Ivy's gaze after Scarlett and rolled her eyes, huffing a little in agreement.

It was when she was thinking she was glad she waterproofed her shoes and robes as soon as they'd got into the room that the first fireball fell. Blinking in surprise, it wasn't until Scarlett screamed that Florrie lifted her wand. "Protego!" she cried, aiming slightly above them, hoping the shield charm would deflect the fireballs. About to ask whether the youngest girl needed help with her hand, Florrie was cut off by the kid running toward the creature.

Swearing in French under her breath, Florrie followed after, hoping her shield charm would hold off the fireballs for now.
__________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,607

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ivy Grimm
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Text Cut: Room, Scarlett, & Florrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Charbonneau, Grimm, Mordaunt
Text Cut: quote




It does seem that something wants to lead you away, but when it becomes clear you won’t be getting any closer, you suddenly find yourself under fire—literally!! Fireballs rain down from the sky, the hunkypunk moving ever closer.

Watch out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Text Cut: Ivy, Florrie & room





Again, sticking together didn't seem necessary when it was all pretend, BESIDES, that ignorant of a Hufflepuff didn't want her company, so Scarlett wouldn't bother either.

She also pretended she couldn't hear the girls, although she COULD and WAS. Nothing useful was coming from them and the hinkypunk seemed to be just chill--

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The little girl SCREEEEEEAMED and splashed bog mud all over the place as she started flailing and running around. "OW!!!!!!!!" SMALL BALL OF FIRE HIT HER RIGHT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing she was left-handed, huh? Still. "OW!!!!" Tearful glares at YOU, fake!hinkypunk. She'd have to go to the hospital wing afterwards for SURE.

The Hufflepuff shoved her burned hand in the bog mud, which soothed the burning feeling straight away. Phew! But THEN!!!!!!!! Oh, THEN!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN!!!!!!!!! She pulled her hand back out of the mud and started running TOWARDS the fake!hinkypunk, her lit up wand stretched right in front of her.

DIIIIIE, FAKE!CREATURE, DIIIIIIIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
SPOILER!!: Ivy, Scarlett & the room






Florrie was fighting the urge to go after the hinkypunk with everything she had. She had never thought it would be this difficult to resist something she knew would be dangerous, but it was proving her wrong. They were doing well, though, and Ivy agreed with her idea that they probably should go towards it, if only because there was no other way out. And the younger girl was strolling off that way. Florrie followed Ivy's gaze after Scarlett and rolled her eyes, huffing a little in agreement.

It was when she was thinking she was glad she waterproofed her shoes and robes as soon as they'd got into the room that the first fireball fell. Blinking in surprise, it wasn't until Scarlett screamed that Florrie lifted her wand. "Protego!" she cried, aiming slightly above them, hoping the shield charm would deflect the fireballs. About to ask whether the youngest girl needed help with her hand, Florrie was cut off by the kid running toward the creature.

Swearing in French under her breath, Florrie followed after, hoping her shield charm would hold off the fireballs for now.


It was dark - until it suddenly wasn't. Until there was suddenly FIRE RAINING FROM THE SKY.

"MERLIN-" Ivy jumped out of the way of one fireball. Or at least, most of herself dodged it, except for the hem of her robe which caught fire. UM.

"Aguamenti!" Dousing the fire, she ran now, following Florrie's lead with casting "Protego!" to block off another one. They definitely had to take care of the hinkypunk now, and they probably did have to do it together, which would've been easier if the first year hadn't run so ahead already. But at least they were getting closer, and it wasn't hard to keep up with her with the light from the fireballs and the screaming.

"Lumos Duo!" she called. "That's what'll stop it!" Hoping the first year could hear her too. Even if she didn't know the spell yet, maybe her attempts would distract it until she and Florrie could help corner it.
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192