sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 429 users online including...
sbowsbows , hermionesclone , ewigmarg , griffin , feeheeheeny , lorenepp2 , natethegreat , jerseysauthenti , astrocat , zinniwill

14 members
415 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Third Floor > Defence Against the Dark Arts


Defence Against the Dark Arts Learn how to defend yourself against dark magic and defeat dark creatures. Constant vigilance!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-04-2021, 06:03 PM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default DADA Lesson 1 - The test

In no surprising fashion, you find yourself making your way to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom first thing in the morning on the first official day of school. The hour is as early as it needs to be, with 8 am drawing ever nearer. The Headmaster hopes you will have gotten a good night's sleep and then enough food at breakfast. For today's lesson, you would be needing all your strength and wits about you.

As you approach the classroom, you find that not only is the door locked but the Headmaster stands outside waiting for your arrival. In his hands, he holds a box containing what are obviously name tags. Just find the one with your name. While he did know most of you, the first years were always a challenge the first day and he had missed two consecutive years of first years. It was an extra amount of names to learn, and voices to match to faces to names.

Occasionally there is a thud at the door, as if there is something on the inside trying to get out.

Probably not. He'd never do that on the first day.

Maybe.

Entering is both not advised, and outright forbidden in the moment via a sign that warns against doing just that.

OOC: Welcome to the first DADA lesson!! Don't forget to read the classroom rules before posting. I'll have the first question up in 24-28 hours

The lesson hasn't started yet!



Class progression:
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:49 PM   #276 (permalink)



DMT & DMLE
Firecrab
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Naboo
Posts: 762

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shreya Varma
Graduated

Student Character:
Avalon Sinclair
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures
Default

Text Cut: Avalon's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
With the last of the inferi vanquished, you retrieve the key and head through the door. Looking around, you find yourself in a in a poorly lit forest. Is this the Forbidden Forest? How would you know? It doesn't matter, you've got bigger problems on your hands, namely the suddenly chill in the air. Did you dress warm enough?

The hollow, rattling sound soon alerts you to your next challenge. The dark figure emerges from the trees, gliding ever closer to you.

A hand reaches out as if to grab you. You must rid yourself of this nightmare, or pay the price of your soul.


After the barrage of fire, the sheer darkness of the next room was startling. So much so that Avalon instinctively started to light her wand. "Lum-" But she stopped herself before murmuring the incantation. Probably not a great idea to draw attention to herself. Especially not knowing what was in here.

She tentatively stepped further into the room—which was looking more and more like a creepy forest as her eyes adjusted. The next step, however, brought about a bone-chilling blast of cold air. So chilly that it seemed to seep into her skin and course through her veins.

Goosebumps erupted over her flesh as her grip on her wand tightened and a dreadful feeling settled itself in the pit of her stomach. It sucked every bit of warmth out of her. As the dark figure drew closer, she knew what she had to do. She just didn't know if she possessed the strength. Sure, Avalon had spent hours last year practicing this charm. But it was one she still struggled with. Now, staring into the darkness, she knew she at least had to try.

Digging down deep, she tried to pull at any piece of brightness or warmth. Happy memories, happy memories. Avalon thought of her grandmother's house, namely warm, sunny days spent tending the garden with her family. Refreshing glasses of lemonade and fresh-baked madeleine cookies. Laughing with her sister, without a care in the world.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" The spell came out louder than she expected. But she didn't realize how difficult it was. Her body felt like it was being physically tugged toward the darkness. It took all of her physical restraint not to let go. With a flourish of her wand, a bright, silvery light burst out.

Was that a wing she saw? Or was it just her imagination? As quickly as it had appeared, it blurred back into the jet of mist and light. She kept thinking of the blissful memory, brow furrowing in concentration. Would it be enough to repel them?
Fireheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #277 (permalink)



DMAC & DMT
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollo Grimm Adara-Stark
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ethan Denton
Transportation

x12 x8
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | BigBadSis | Slytherin Soul & Badger Heart

SPOILER!!: Bella, Serena, their room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Bella was about to step on Apollo's foot to get him to jolt into alertness since they needed to get a move on when of course they were joined by Serena. Her showing up demanding to be Apollo's partner too finally got him talking. Upset now, since Apollo hadn't acknowledged her at all Bella now wished she had chosen to go solo like Claudine. Guess she just had to take a bite out of the sour apple and play friendly for now.

It didn't help that Apollo seemed oblivious to her feelings of upsetness that no doubt radiated from her off her skin. Instead he just said they'd be a trio and then introduced her to Serena and the other way around. Forcing on a smile she said even if rather wouldn't have said anything at all. "Hi Serena. We're in the same house. Maybe we can chat sometime at dinner? Anyway, let's go into the room.." As Apollo headed off Bella followed in his wake and prodded the door marked with second year before she headed inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Adara-Stark, Connolly, Baltazar-Dos Santos


The room you enter is entirely dark. An eerie breathing can be heard but it's difficult to tell the direction from which it comes. Sometimes it seems the breathing is right behind you. Sometimes it appears to be moving away. The sudden sound of footsteps hammering toward you may alarm you. Can't fight what you can't see, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
A trio???

Serena shrugged. Sure, why not? More protection for her.

As for the introductions, Serena simply nodded curtly at Bella. She remembered her as the person who delivered Apollo's note during the Feast. She's also shared a common room.

Speaking of Bella, she didn't seem too happy. That or she had stomach issues and was pretending to be okay. Her daddy has been teaching her to read people, and Serena made no waste of those skills. She read people constantly, and she was reading Bella right now. As for the dinner invitation..."Sure," she agreed, refraining from turning it down like she normally would. Bella is her housemate, she deserves a chance. Plus, it'd be amusing.

Following the older students' lead and did as the Headmaster had mentioned. Just in case, she stayed close to Apollo. She was trying to decide who she'd rely most during this exercise. The boy who owed her a broomstick or the girl in her house.

Once in the room, Serena did not like this one BIT. She relied heavily on her sense of sight, and the fact that it was pitch dark inside the room with a weird breathing pattern caught her off guard. "Guys..." she breathed, her hand instinctively reaching for Bella's (her brain made the decision for her). At least, she hoped it was. If it was an inferi or something else, she was going to scream.

Then footsteps....SHE WAS GOING TO SCREAM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
As they entered the pitch black broom. Bella stopped and lifted her wand up and casted in quick succession. "Lumos Duo! Protego Duo!" Let there be light and protection, because it was darker in here than she was quite comfortable with. Feeling Serena's hand cling to hers, she for a split second considered letting go of it because she was still very upset at Apollo. However they were in class and Serena was undoubtedly scared so she held on to her hand and then said soothingly trying her best to pretend that she wasn't scared at all as the sound of hammering footsteps came nearer. "Relax Serena, screaming will only anger whatever it is that is coming towards us. Keep your wand ready. Do you now any attacking spells?" Turning her attention to Apollo she asked "Have you got a plan?"



Apollo definitely was the textbook definition of oblivious, but also he was in full fledge Gryffindor protection mode too which meant looking out for his friends, both new and old. Moving on though because they needed to keep it moving and it wasn't a matter of being rude, but they had to get through this task and he'd already made for the brief introductions, he could squinted into the darkness hearing breathing and footsteps. "Lumos," He cast, even though Bella had cast as well, but all the light would definitely be helpful. "Ssh, Ser--," he urged, feeling her close and perhaps in between himself and Bella. Did he have a plan? Uh -- He frowned, looking around the room. "Atlas used bombarda last year. I think I could probably manage that one." When in doubt, blowing things up definitely seemed like a good distraction measure.
__________________
________________________... throw open all the windows, might be an uphill climb

'Cause I am the moment, the moment is me.... ______________________
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:28 PM   #278 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,085

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie
Default

Text Cut: Violet's next room
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Spell don't actually seem to be working this go around. It's as if the dummies are protected by their own spell....the sort of spell you should really try casting, too. Just, y'know, to even out the playing field a bit.


Violet was getting frustrated. None of her spells seemed to be working, the dummies seemed to be protected against her. But the only protection spell she could think of was Protego, which had been her standby defense during the recent battle. "Protego duo!" she cried, trying to dodge the dummies. She really was not sure what else to do.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:37 PM   #279 (permalink)




DMC & DMT
Ramora
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 5,001

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

SPOILER!!: Potter


The funny thing was...most any spell thrown probably wouldn't work. It is as if the dummies are protected by another sort of spell...one you may consider casting yourself to even out the playing field. Just saying.


Dare stared as his spells did little to no effect on the dummies. He stared hard at them for a reaction but didn't get anything. So they react when I run.... hmm... He couldn't risk walking and if Protego and Impendimenta didn't work.

Hang on... if they react only when I react a certain way... maybe.... they must be jinxed.

"Finite Incantatem!" Darius waved his wand in their direction.
__________________


Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:08 AM   #280 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,603

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
One thing that was rather expected, when it came to the things thrown their way during DADA, was that they weren’t going to have much time to wait before anything happened. Namely, feeling the floor rising below them, and Gracelyn had glanced down and then up to try and figure out what exactly they were up against, even as Phoebe had spoken. It almost felt like they were on an elevator, except for the part where the ceiling was coming up to meet them way too quickly. Especially for someone as tall as her.

“Honestly, I feel like Immobulus is too easy? Getting out of here sounds way better,” she replied, even as the Gryffindor had just gone and actually sent a strong blasting curse at the ceiling. Which had sort of been her thoughts as well? She had rather expected it would work, although ducking had been a serious consideration as well.

Not that ducking had happened since she’d instead found herself being tossed against a wall that seemed awfully hard. Obviously there weren’t any cushioning charms already set, and she knew she hadn’t had time to cast one before she had hit the wall either. Plus, it appeared the explosion hadn’t just blasted a hole through the ceiling. Catching her breath wasn’t as much of a consideration as thoughts of hitting the ground was. There was a serious rabbit hole situation going on here, and she cast a quick Arresto Momentum on herself, and her partner, just in case.

“Are you okay, Phoebe?,” she asked, upon arriving in the garden. Which, by the way, wasn’t fooling her too much into thinking it was a safe place. Even if Helga Hufflepuff was far from someone she figured they needed to be afraid of. If it was a statue of Salazar Slytherin, maybe, but Hufflepuff was nice. Butterflies were nice, even the lemonade was nice. Although she didn’t entirely trust that either.

Especially when, before she’d really begun to suspect anything, she felt as if the garden was closing up on her with a shadow looming up behind her. A shadow she was maybe ninety percent certain wasn’t Phoebe, so after a second she spun around, wand raised. “Riddikulus!” Hopefully it was just a boggart. Not a cultist lurking around the school still or something.
"I'm fine," Phoebe rubbed her hip where she'd landed a bit hard, but she was up on her feet and ready for more action. They were in a garden, there was lemonade, it was all a bit pretty. What was it that made perfectly innocuous scenes seem even more terrifying than a haunted house on a dark night?

Gracelyn heard (or felt?) the boggart before Phoebe did, which was kind of embarrassing, and had already cast the spell before Phoebe even turned to face it. But she was ready, and by the time the boggart turned its attention to her, she was steeled for whatever it might show. Her mother, clasping Kizzy's very still body to her chest.

"You couldn't save her! Why do you keep thinking anything you do matters?"

Oh, brutal. BRUTAL, boggart. And very rude. "Riddikulus." It was hard to make something so dire into something funny, but Phoebe replaced her mother and sister with one of those adorable pandas that sneezes so hard it falls over. Achoooooo.
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:51 AM   #281 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,754

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Ash had protected her. And now she was leaving her up here. “Wait. Wait!!!” she cried, flailing her hands at her friend as she watched her make it to the ground. Lisa, still up here, turned behind her with bright, wide eyes. If only her eyes could adjust to the darkness in here, then she would have some sort of chance of survival or something.

She didn’t want to jump. She’d surely get hurt. Wasnt there a charm to make the floor soft or bouncy or....? “Is there a spell to soften the landing?” She tugged at the hem of her shirt, straightening it out. Her heart was racing as she looked down. She’d have to jump surely. Rolling up her sleeves, she then tied her hair up in a low ponytail.

She knew that she had a better chance down there with Ash and not alone. She backed up slightly and then took a literal leap of trust and faith.

This was certainly an extreme trust exercise.
__________________
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:04 AM   #282 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,101

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Third Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Ash had protected her. And now she was leaving her up here. “Wait. Wait!!!” she cried, flailing her hands at her friend as she watched her make it to the ground. Lisa, still up here, turned behind her with bright, wide eyes. If only her eyes could adjust to the darkness in here, then she would have some sort of chance of survival or something.

She didn’t want to jump. She’d surely get hurt. Wasnt there a charm to make the floor soft or bouncy or....? “Is there a spell to soften the landing?” She tugged at the hem of her shirt, straightening it out. Her heart was racing as she looked down. She’d have to jump surely. Rolling up her sleeves, she then tied her hair up in a low ponytail.

She knew that she had a better chance down there with Ash and not alone. She backed up slightly and then took a literal leap of trust and faith.

This was certainly an extreme trust exercise.
Ash cast Spongify on the ground for good measure, and some more cushioning charms. "I softened the landing! Jump and I'll break your fall." As the girl jumped Ash hit her with Arresto Momentum. Good thing she had good aim., right? No way was she getting Lisa hurt. Never ever. "Are you alright?!"
astrocat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:15 AM   #283 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,647

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: Mamie & Ollie's room
Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Ollie watched as the spell subdued the dummies. Nice! That was her first spell ever and how cool was it! But she couldn't be amazed for long. She followed Margaret as she peered over the edge. Ummmm... She wasn't thinking about going over that right? RIGHT?!? It wasn't that far of a jump, but it was far enough for Ollie to worry. There was no way the Headmaster had planned for them to jump off this... right? Ollie had so many questions that, for now, must remain unanswered (which she wasn't so okay with).

Did Ollie want to jump?? Obviously not! She tried to hide the fact that she was beginning to think the girl was crazy, but it was clearly plastered all over her face."I'd rather not break my legs." She turned and gave another Flipendo as Margaret did. This was crazy to Ollie, NOT what she expected this school to be like.

She eyed the girl as she made her spell, sounding not-very confident. The ground didn't look any different. But at this point she had to put her trust in this girl. "They wouldn't let us get hurt in class, would they?" Ollie asked, not wanting an answer. She only asked to put her mind at ease. It was very clear that Margaret did not want to jump first, who could blame her! Ollie didn't either but it was probably better if she did. Margaret could stay behind and hold
off the dummies better than Ollie could. She held her wand tight and prepared herself, then JUMP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post


SPOILER!!: Turov, Burke


You've survived the fall, congratulations! You're a step closer to proving you have learned something. You've landed in what looks like an open field. The height you've fallen from disappears, revealing nothing but warm grasslands spreading in all directions. Serene. Peace. Nature. werewolves. Indeed, the sky suddenly turns to night and a large, full moon floats into view. In the near distance, a child around your age appears. Quite suddenly, so does the werewolf you were sure you've just heard. It bites the child before taking off. You must act fast. There are some supplies. Perhaps you can help.


Once Ollie jumped, Mamie was not far behind. And clearly she'd misjudged just how far that ledge was. Luckily her spell had worked. Mostly. She'd landed on her bum, and that was sore, but she still scrambled to her feet, wand ready. Was this what test were always going to be like with the real Trent? She hoped not, this was very stressful! And were those wolf noises?

She stuck close to Ollie--so she could protect her, obviously--and looked around. Was that a person? A very small person? She squinted. Another student, maybe? She breathed in sharply when a wolf...a werewolf?? bit the kid.

Margaret glanced nervously at Ollie, then at the child they didn't know. She'd only signed up to take care of one first year in this test...but maybe something had happened to this other kid's older student? She hesitantly walked toward the other student, realizing as they got closer it wasn't another student at all, and hoping Ollie would follow in case that werewolf came back. (Though really, if the werewolf came back, they were both doomed.) Was this child bleeding? She rifled through the supplies that were conveniently nearby, thinking nothing of the coincidence. Some gauze, maybe? To help with the blood? "Are you alright?" she asked quietly. The question was aimed at this stranger child, sure, but Ollie, too, they had fallen pretty far, after all.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:03 AM   #284 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,710

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Sixth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post


With the last of the inferi vanquished, you retrieve the key and head through the door. Looking around, you find yourself in a in a poorly lit forest. Is this the Forbidden Forest? How would you know? It doesn't matter, you've got bigger problems on your hands, namely the suddenly chill in the air. Did you dress warm enough?


The hollow, rattling sound soon alerts you to your next challenge. The dark figure emerges from the trees, gliding ever closer to you.


A hand reaches out as if to grab you. You must rid yourself of this nightmare, or pay the price of your soul.
Heath looked on, poised to try conjuring a fire rope if his initial spells had failed, but it wasn't necessary. The Inferi were gone, leaving him able to take the key and open the door. He stepped inside, shivering at the chill in the air, and his heartbeat quickened. This reminded him way too much of fourth year when the fake headmaster abandoned everyone in the Forbidden Forest. Whatever's in here, please don't be an acromantula! he thought.

His dark eyes darted about, taking in as much of his surroundings as the darkness allowed. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched… or followed. Or both. The feeling was all but confirmed as a rsttling noise startled him. He turned in the direction of the sound, wand at the ready. For a fleeting moment, the thought crossed his mind to try casting lumos, but he decided against it. Although it would help him see, it could also lead whatever made that sound straight to him.

Then he saw it - a hand reaching out at him - and he knew instantly that he was dealing with a dementor. Panic set in. He knew how to defeat it, but he didn't know if he could do it. Despite successfully casting a patronus last term, he'd been unable to produce it again since being imprisoned in The Room… though he wasn't sure if that was due to lack of access to his wand or negative feelings holding him back. Only one way to find our, he supposed!

His thoughts turned to Christmas Eve three terms ago, the happiest he'd ever felt… of students and professors alike gathered in the Great Hall, of decorating a tree, of that feeling of butterflies in his stomach when he looked at her, of knowing he'd never have to be alone again. Concentrating on that memory with all his strength, he aimed his wand at the hand coming toward him and cast, "Expecto Patronum!"

He watched as silver whisps shot out of the tip of his wand, hoping to see them take the form of a swan as they had in his previous successes with the spell, but they remained an amorphous mass. Still, an incorporeal patronus was better than nothing, right? He hoped so!
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:18 AM   #285 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,566

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default & Aries
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

You've managed to get the dummies away and it seems this time that they're staying away--or not. The dummies come rushing toward you again. The only escape seems to be a ledge you hadn't noticed before--as it wasn't there before. Quickly, you must get to the ledge but it reveals a deep drop. Thankfully, you can see the bottom. Less fortunate however, you may be able to tell that's a solid fall. You've got no choice, you must jump or the dummies will have another go at you. There must be some way to prevent injury upon falling.
Okay so...blasting these things back was clearly not working and Atlas was beginning to feel like he and his brother were trying to shove a square peg through a circular hole. Basically, they needed to change things up a bit in taking down these dummies.

"What kind of illusion is THIS RUBBISH?!" he barked as he and his brother came to the end of a ledge. A ledge that had a long drop and sudden stop. Atlas still did not have many spells in his arsenal ... and he assumed that Aries had even less. At least...he wanted to assume this for his own pride and to be one up on something between them. They were probably supposed to jump...but Atlas was very not keen on doing that. He did not know any spells to slow his fall and his Spongify may as well have been Hardify given the results he had been producing.

They could shrink all the dummies with Diminuendo...or...maybe....

"Hey...hey...remember that game we used to play when learning how to ride our bikes? Chicken?" he asked while turning his head sideways to look at his brother. "...you...you fancy a game?"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:00 AM   #286 (permalink)
Slytherin
Lobalug
 
wednesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
SPOILER!!: Mamie & Ollie's room




Once Ollie jumped, Mamie was not far behind. And clearly she'd misjudged just how far that ledge was. Luckily her spell had worked. Mostly. She'd landed on her bum, and that was sore, but she still scrambled to her feet, wand ready. Was this what test were always going to be like with the real Trent? She hoped not, this was very stressful! And were those wolf noises?

She stuck close to Ollie--so she could protect her, obviously--and looked around. Was that a person? A very small person? She squinted. Another student, maybe? She breathed in sharply when a wolf...a werewolf?? bit the kid.

Margaret glanced nervously at Ollie, then at the child they didn't know. She'd only signed up to take care of one first year in this test...but maybe something had happened to this other kid's older student? She hesitantly walked toward the other student, realizing as they got closer it wasn't another student at all, and hoping Ollie would follow in case that werewolf came back. (Though really, if the werewolf came back, they were both doomed.) Was this child bleeding? She rifled through the supplies that were conveniently nearby, thinking nothing of the coincidence. Some gauze, maybe? To help with the blood? "Are you alright?" she asked quietly. The question was aimed at this stranger child, sure, but Ollie, too, they had fallen pretty far, after all.
Oof. Margaret had a rougher landing than Ollie did. She winced as the girl's bum hit the ground. That had to hurt. But she couldn't focus on the landing for long. Both she and Margaret had heard the noises coming from... a werewolf? She looked around and pointed to the small child that sat in the opening. Then, a gasp! Indeed it was a werewolf! And did it just bite the kid?!

She turned to Margaret as Margaret turned to her and they both started toward the child. Ummm, weren't you not supposed to go towards the freshly bitten... aren't they now a werewolf too?! Ollie couldn't remember. She wasn't allowed to watch scary movies at home. She had to trust her gut with this one."I'm fine," She whispered back, "But I don't think we should be helping this kid." She readied her wand pointed at the kid, rummaging through her brain for all the spells that may help in this situation. UGH, none of them would! She'd keep thinking and watching the kid whilst Margaret rummaged through the supplies. Then it came to her, "Locomotor Mortis!" There! Now, if the kid did become a werewolf, its legs are locked and they can't move! Ollie and Margaret would be safe (right?).
wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:58 AM   #287 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,754

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash cast Spongify on the ground for good measure, and some more cushioning charms. "I softened the landing! Jump and I'll break your fall." As the girl jumped Ash hit her with Arresto Momentum. Good thing she had good aim., right? No way was she getting Lisa hurt. Never ever. "Are you alright?!"
Lisa was hoping that her journey to the ground would be less shaky than Ash’s. As she was jumping, literally nothing went through her mind. Her heart pounded as she fell, hating the feeling and resisting biting her lip as she plummeted.

She hit the ground but wasn’t hurt thankfully to the Spongify. PHEW! she sighed as she got dusted off her uniform, and glanced at Ash. “That was... scary but kinda fun too. Like a rollercoaster!” she beamed at Ash.

Are you okay? Where do we go now?
__________________
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #288 (permalink)
Admin
Forum Manager
Events Admin

DERP & DMT
Demiguise
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 24,357

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pax Calypso Upstead
Sixth Year

Student Character:
Testy McTesterson
Seventh Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testina McTesterson
McTesterstons

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testy McTesterson Senior
McTestersons

x12 x12
Default
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
It is the deprimo that does the trick on the floor and the reducto that forces both children back into the wall with enough force to knock the air out of them. Explosions in close quarters were not something the Headmaster had ever advised.

Falling through the floor, the scenery begins to change. Some may even call it inspiring while others...a requirement for your exams. However you see it, it's time to move on. Your next stop is a garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Helga Hufflepuff. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.
The Alice's Adventures in Wonderland moment would have been far more appreciated and interesting if Pax hadn't been winded by the blast back from Morgan's spell. It could have been worse and.... suddenly they were in a garden.

Despite being a little winded still, Pax was intrigued by the illusion. She took it all in though she wasn't even a little bit tempted by the lemonade or the welcoming vibe. Both things were suspicious. She was not going to succumb to a trap for Hufflepuffs. Her natural mistrust meant she was very quick to discover the boggart. Pax whirled around and her eyes widened slightly as she was confronted with it.

Her twin was stalking towards her.

Boggart!Nemesis stopped in front of her and then announced tonelessly, "I hate you. You mean nothing to me. You're worth nothing to me."

Pax had not faced a boggart before, actually, and had always wondered in a dispassionate sort of way what it might appear as for her since she could never mentally conjure anything that did scare her for herself. There had never been anything concrete haunting her dreams and she had no fears that she could put any name to, but apparently there was something. Just one thing, and Pax was entirely unprepared.

"Ri-riddikulus."

"Yes," it agreed, sounding bored, "you are."

The incantation had been a reflex, and there had been nothing behind it and no wand movement either, given her wand hand had dipped somewhat upon coming face to face with the boggart version of her twin. Pax tried to rally, fighting the sudden existential dread that she was drowning in. It didn't feel like what she thought fear should feel like. She didn't feel scared, she felt... wrecked. Flayed. Destroyed.

Riddikulus should, by rights, be an easy spell for her as most spells were. She was adept at non-verbals, she was good with her wand, and the theory of it was perfectly manageable. She had to reimagine her boggart as something else to combat it. Something silly or harmless or funny. Slowly an image formed in her mind: her twin as they might have been. In frills. In pink. Bows. Lace. Ribbons. A figure shaped closer to her own. The ridiculous image was Xanthe, or a version thereof, and Pax almost vomited. Clad in silliness as that image may have been, that was a stranger, and an entirely unwelcome one, even in the private confines of her own mind.

"No." She couldn't. She wouldn't. Not even to escape a boggart would she misgender her twin. That wasn't a fear, that was a fact. Pax closed her eyes, and Boggart!Nemesis continued to tonelessly inform her of things Pax had begun to know over the previous school year, during her time in the room.

"Morgan." She used his actual name rather than the usual nickname, her voice strained. "I can't." there was no other image coming to mind that felt strong enough to defeat this manifestation for her, but she wouldn't do it. She needed Morgan to help her.
__________________



love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you

Last edited by Tegz; 05-14-2021 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Editing bc i assumed there would be one boggart each even though it only says one in the post idk lol
Tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:58 PM   #289 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Grindylow
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,450

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
TBA
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post

Feeling accomplished that he was able to make the dummies disappear but it was short term and didn't last long. * As the force from all the explosions sent him back he slammed into the wall and groaned. Okay… he wasn't expecting that, but not doing that again.* Rubbing his arm and dizzy from slamming into the wall he blinked rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah… I'm fine, are you okay?"

" Great… I think we made them more mad and angry."Gritting his teeth he held his wand tightly against his hand. "Flipendo!" Okay… there had to be a way out of here and away from them. The explosion didn't seem to help, so what will?*

His ocean sapphire blue eyes darting around, he looked for a way out.*Sending another knockback jinx at one of the training dummies he shot his attention back to Lia. Seeing the ledge he bit his lip and nodded. " Why didn't we see this beforehand?" He reckoned that it didn't show up until they were getting attacked by the training dummies.

Keeping the dummies back, while Lia looked over the edge wasn't easy. *Skidding to a halt almost falling off the edge he looked at Lia. Dear Merlin was Professor Trent trying to kill them? Didn't they have enough of this last term? Nodding his head he bit his lip."It's the one way, that or get ripped apart by the training dummies."

"Molliare!" He said it loudly and firmly as if his life depended on it, cause it really did. Holding Lia's hand in his he took a deep breath and jumped. "Arresto Momentum!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

It's risky business using a spell meant for objects on living beings but you do manage to get to the floor. Perhaps next time...a spell more appropriate to the situation.

You've survived the fall, congratulations! You're a step closer to proving you have learned something. You've landed in what looks like an open field. The height you've fallen from disappears, revealing nothing but warm grasslands spreading in all directions. Serene. Peace. Nature. werewolves. Indeed, the sky suddenly turns to night and a large, full moon floats into view. In the near distance, a child around your age appears. Quite suddenly, so does the werewolf you were sure you've just heard. It bites the child before taking off. You must act fast. There are some supplies. Perhaps you can help.[/spoiler]
Never before in her entire life had she ever been so glad that she hadn't thought to long before just jumping. Otherwise she would've surely freaked not knowing if her charms would work out not.

Hitting the ground.. hurt. More than hitting the wall earlier had. She was alive though and still in one piece. Nothing seemed to be broken either. So that cushioning charm one of them used or something must have worked at least a little. Lia laid there for a moment of so allowing herself to gather her bearings once again. "You okay?" she whispered, turning her head to look for Tadhg, who's hand was still somehow gripped in her own.

Slowly sitting up, she rubbed her shoulder and looked around. Well this looked really nice. It was quiet. Peaceful. Too quiet. Until it wasn't. Was that..

Dahlia could feel the goosebumps rise across her arms and her heart begin to again when she heard it. Werewolves. She had only seen them in movies and books and stuff but everyone knew what one sounded like. "Tad.." she whispered, slowly getting to her feet and moving closer to him her hand once more grabbing his. Just like in those movies she had seen the beautiful clear sky above them turned to night and a full moon appeared.

"Oh, no no no no," Lia mumbled. How were they meant to deal with a werewolf? She could see what looked to be someone around their size.. a.. a kid?! Seriously?! Before she could even do register what they were supposed to do a werewolf appeared an-

Was the child screaming or was that her screams? Honestly she couldn't be sure but seeing someone her own age get bitten by a werewolf was terrifying. Real or not real. Test or not a test. The child could be any of them for all she knew. Her grip on Tadhg's hand tightened even more as she tried to keep from crying. "Wh-what do we do? We ha-have to help, right?" No, she wasn't about to cry. Sniffle. Deep shaky breath. Don't mind her while she quickly looks around for the werewolf before tugging Tad towards the other child. Clearly they needed to help if there's all these supplies laying around..

"Uhh.." Think, Lia, think! "Powdered silver and umm.. umm.. " she knew this, really she did. Why was she panicking now?!
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:30 PM   #290 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,662

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default Heyho, hashtag living on the edge
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Text Cut: Groupmates & the room
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Text Cut: Room, Florrie, & Scarlett




She wasn't sure what she was expecting when she opened the door, but her foot sinking into mud probably wasn't on her list.

Wrinkling her nose at the smell of it all, Ivy shifted her feet, hoping for some stable not-muddy ground, but there didn't seem to be much. Even with her eyes adjusting to the change in lighting, she could tell they were in some kinda swamp or bog. The ground was all wet and muddy and gross.

But there did seem to be a light ahead somewhere... Very suspicious.

"Yeah, hinkypunk seems most likely," she replied, nodding at Florrie, then mumbled a quick "Lumos" as well to light the tip of her wand. The Homenum Revelio spell was a good idea too. Didn't hurt to cover their bases and make sure it wasn't coming from a human source. Good to be prepared and all that, like the Headmaster had said.

Only...wait, what was with all the sploshing? Where was the first year going? "Hey, wait! We should probably stick together." Though thank Merlin the girl didn't appear to be going towards the (possible) hinkypunk light at least?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room
Hello travellers, welcome to the bog. Might we interest you in a nice, shiny light to illuminate your path through this...terribly dark and marshy place?

The light swings back and forth, trying to get their attention.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all followed such a helpful guide?


Stick together? Yeah, nah. Especially not with that Hufflepuff who clearly did not want Scarlett's company. THIS Hufflepuff wouldn't normally care and would just move on, but the THING was, they were an official 'group' in this LESSON and had to go through the room TOGETHER. But THAT together didn't mean LITERALLY glued to each other, WHICH Scarlett took to her advantage.

SO to the OTHER SIDE of the room she went. Sploshing away, wand lit up in front of her. Um, um, in FACT, she was INDEED going towards the light. She wanted to take a CLOSER LOOK at the fake!hinkypunk.

That was why she pointed her wand at it. HELLO????? SHE WANTED TO SEE YOUR FACE, MR FAKE CREATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:00 PM   #291 (permalink)




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,520

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
The spell does put the fire out, but it doesn't prevent the hinkypunk from hurling more at you. It is an onslaught of flames.

Perhaps...it's time to get on the offensive.

Getting excited when the fire went out she started to feel a bit hopeful, but soon the fire was back and Gemma was getting upset. She didn't mean to get upset, but nothing was coming to her. Why couldn't she think, she knew spells, what was going on.

"Stupefy" she pointed her wand towards the light hoping that was where the fire was coming from. "What are you!" Deciding she was done being weak she started to move forward and put a shield up as she got closer to the light.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:56 PM   #292 (permalink)


DERP & DMC
Jarvey
 
Granger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 591

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tadhg O'Neill
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Starson
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Magical Creatures
Default
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

SPOILER!!: Team Tadlia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Never before in her entire life had she ever been so glad that she hadn't thought to long before just jumping. Otherwise she would've surely freaked not knowing if her charms would work out not.

Hitting the ground.. hurt. More than hitting the wall earlier had. She was alive though and still in one piece. Nothing seemed to be broken either. So that cushioning charm one of them used or something must have worked at least a little. Lia laid there for a moment of so allowing herself to gather her bearings once again. "You okay?" she whispered, turning her head to look for Tadhg, who's hand was still somehow gripped in her own.

Slowly sitting up, she rubbed her shoulder and looked around. Well this looked really nice. It was quiet. Peaceful. Too quiet. Until it wasn't. Was that..

Dahlia could feel the goosebumps rise across her arms and her heart begin to again when she heard it. Werewolves. She had only seen them in movies and books and stuff but everyone knew what one sounded like. "Tad.." she whispered, slowly getting to her feet and moving closer to him her hand once more grabbing his. Just like in those movies she had seen the beautiful clear sky above them turned to night and a full moon appeared.

"Oh, no no no no," Lia mumbled. How were they meant to deal with a werewolf? She could see what looked to be someone around their size.. a.. a kid?! Seriously?! Before she could even do register what they were supposed to do a werewolf appeared an-

Was the child screaming or was that her screams? Honestly she couldn't be sure but seeing someone her own age get bitten by a werewolf was terrifying. Real or not real. Test or not a test. The child could be any of them for all she knew. Her grip on Tadhg's hand tightened even more as she tried to keep from crying. "Wh-what do we do? We ha-have to help, right?" No, she wasn't about to cry. Sniffle. Deep shaky breath. Don't mind her while she quickly looks around for the werewolf before tugging Tad towards the other child. Clearly they needed to help if there's all these supplies laying around..

"Uhh.." Think, Lia, think! "Powdered silver and umm.. umm.. " she knew this, really she did. Why was she panicking now?!



If he thought hitting the wall hurt, boy he was mistaken after hitting the ground. Yeah....that's going to leave a mark, he wouldn't be surprised if he was bruised up by the end of this lesson. Groaning he laid there on his stomach, glad to be alive after the jump of their lives. "Yeah... I'm fine, are you okay?" Getting up a bit dizzy feeling like he was going to be sick he closed his eyes for a few minutes. This wasn't what he had in mind for a good welcome back to Hogwarts.


The hairs raising on the back of his neck as he heard it, the howl of a werewolf. Seriously was Trent trying to kill them, ot was bad enough the events of last term now this? How were they supposed to face these werewolves they were just kids, they didn't have that much knowledge on advance spells. "I..I know, I heard it." Getting to his feet quickly he put his hand in hers and squeezed it trying to calm his nerves. Oh... Merlin could this get any worse?


When he thought that it couldn't get any worse, boy he was wrong, really wrong. The scene he just witnessed was right out of a horror movie almost. "We got to help and pray to Merlin that we don't get bit ourselves. " Seems like the logical thing to do, real or not they had to help the kid. "Relax Tad, this probably isn't real, just a rest Professor Trent did."

Helping her with shaky hands he looked at the supplies. "Powdered silver..." He tried to rack his brain thinking. Real or not, the clock was ticking for this for kid that gotten bitten. "Dittany Lia, Powdered silver and Dittany, that's it!"
__________________
Granger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:36 AM   #293 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
St Mungos Mod

DMAC & DMC
Crup
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 17,298

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Morgan Finn McCarthy
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Raini Youngbird
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Magical Creatures

x12 x5
Default
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
It is the deprimo that does the trick on the floor and the reducto that forces both children back into the wall with enough force to knock the air out of them. Explosions in close quarters were not something the Headmaster had ever advised.

Falling through the floor, the scenery begins to change. Some may even call it inspiring while others...a requirement for your exams. However you see it, it's time to move on. Your next stop is a garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Helga Hufflepuff. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.
SPOILER!!: Pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
The Alice's Adventures in Wonderland moment would have been far more appreciated and interesting if Pax hadn't been winded by the blast back from Morgan's spell. It could have been worse and.... suddenly they were in a garden.

Despite being a little winded still, Pax was intrigued by the illusion. She took it all in though she wasn't even a little bit tempted by the lemonade or the welcoming vibe. Both things were suspicious. She was not going to succumb to a trap for Hufflepuffs. Her natural mistrust meant she was very quick to discover the boggart. Pax whirled around and her eyes widened slightly as she was confronted with it.

Her twin was stalking towards her.

Boggart!Nemesis stopped in front of her and then announced tonelessly, "I hate you. You mean nothing to me. You're worth nothing to me."

Pax had not faced a boggart before, actually, and had always wondered in a dispassionate sort of way what it might appear as for her since she could never mentally conjure anything that did scare her for herself. There had never been anything concrete haunting her dreams and she had no fears that she could put any name to, but apparently there was something. Just one thing, and Pax was entirely unprepared.

"Ri-riddikulus."

"Yes," it agreed, sounding bored, "you are."

The incantation had been a reflex, and there had been nothing behind it and no wand movement either, given her wand hand had dipped somewhat upon coming face to face with the boggart version of her twin. Pax tried to rally, fighting the sudden existential dread that she was drowning in. It didn't feel like what she thought fear should feel like. She didn't feel scared, she felt... wrecked. Flayed. Destroyed.

Riddikulus should, by rights, be an easy spell for her as most spells were. She was adept at non-verbals, she was good with her wand, and the theory of it was perfectly manageable. She had to reimagine her boggart as something else to combat it. Something silly or harmless or funny. Slowly an image formed in her mind: her twin as they might have been. In frills. In pink. Bows. Lace. Ribbons. A figure shaped closer to her own. The ridiculous image was Xanthe, or a version thereof, and Pax almost vomited. Clad in silliness as that image may have been, that was a stranger, and an entirely unwelcome one, even in the private confines of her own mind.

"No." She couldn't. She wouldn't. Not even to escape a boggart would she misgender her twin. That wasn't a fear, that was a fact. Pax closed her eyes, and Boggart!Nemesis continued to tonelessly inform her of things Pax had begun to know over the previous school year, during her time in the room.

"Morgan." She used his actual name rather than the usual nickname, her voice strained. "I can't." there was no other image coming to mind that felt strong enough to defeat this manifestation for her, but she wouldn't do it. She needed Morgan to help her.
For what it was worth, Morgan thought the bigger the explosion, the better. Why go for neat and precise when you could do big and loud and exciting? It was only the fact that they were in close quarters that he didn't try something larger and more dangerous. The breaking open of the floor was rather satisfying and getting thrown back was all just a hazard of the job. An exhilarating one at that.

And falling through the flor? Even better. Once Morgan caught his breath again, he took a look around at the scenery. This was.... interesting. "Is this a daydream charm, d'you think?" he idly asked Pax, curious about what they were meant to be doing. Catching them off guard, maybe? Morgan was still rather alert though, his wand still gripped in his hand, and he wasn't about to indulge in lemonade or resting on a bench. He was caught a little by surprise to suddenly see Nemesis there confronting Pax, however.

It took Morgan a hot minute to realize that this Nemesis was actually a boggart and not the real traitor sixth year in the flesh. Their appearance was at first confusing, but soon drew out his ire, especially after what they said. Things that he'd suspected that they'd made her feel, especially after their time in the room. But he was really surprised by Pax's reaction. Morgan was certain he'd never seen her so vulnerable.

He was about to step in anyway when he heard her say his name and he gave her a reassuring nod. "It's okay. I got this." Switching his wand to his non-dominant hand, Morgan stepped in front of the boggart and punched it in the face. Of course, he knew that this was not how one got rid of boggarts, but it was a little satisfying in the moment. Less satisfying that it did not of course fight back, but instead was changing shape now that it was in front of him.

Having never faced a boggart before, Morgan wondered what shape his might take. He'd always thought of himself as rather fearless for the most part so this would maybe be interesting. Eventually the boggart morphed from Nemesis Upstead to the decaying form of a reanimated Lucien Rosier. A Lucien Rosier advancing on him with his threats of crucio and sending him back to that room, but this time to leave him locked in there alone until his eventual death.

Momentarily stunned and intimidated, a wide-eyed Morgan took a step back before switching his wand back to his dominant hand. "No," he said, setting his jaw. "You're dead." He knew theoretically how to defeat a boggart and tried to picture something funny and ridiculous before swinging his wand back around to point at the gross, decaying figure.

"Riddikulus!" He pictured the form of the deceased former headmaster turning into a ridiculous-looking sad-faced clown, complete with honkable red nose and squirting lapel flower. The thought was amusing to Morgan, though maybe in a more spiteful way. But enough to make him laugh because he really was a clown.
__________________


Last edited by emjay; 05-15-2021 at 01:44 AM.
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:10 AM   #294 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,647

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: Ollie is clearly smarter than Mamie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Oof. Margaret had a rougher landing than Ollie did. She winced as the girl's bum hit the ground. That had to hurt. But she couldn't focus on the landing for long. Both she and Margaret had heard the noises coming from... a werewolf? She looked around and pointed to the small child that sat in the opening. Then, a gasp! Indeed it was a werewolf! And did it just bite the kid?!

She turned to Margaret as Margaret turned to her and they both started toward the child. Ummm, weren't you not supposed to go towards the freshly bitten... aren't they now a werewolf too?! Ollie couldn't remember. She wasn't allowed to watch scary movies at home. She had to trust her gut with this one."I'm fine," She whispered back, "But I don't think we should be helping this kid." She readied her wand pointed at the kid, rummaging through her brain for all the spells that may help in this situation. UGH, none of them would! She'd keep thinking and watching the kid whilst Margaret rummaged through the supplies. Then it came to her, "Locomotor Mortis!" There! Now, if the kid did become a werewolf, its legs are locked and they can't move! Ollie and Margaret would be safe (right?).

Not...help the kid? Margaret gave Ollie an appalled sort of look when the first year cast a spell on the kid. The leg-locker curse? Really? The child was just bitten by a wolf. A...were...wolf...

OH.

Ohhhhhhhhh. Because, werewolf biting made the victim in to a werewolf...

Mamie was slowly catching up to the first year's thought process. She, too, pointed her wand at the child. The...possible werewolf child. "Incarcerous," she said firmly, hoping that between Ollie's and her own spells any possible werewolf transformation would be confined. It was an advanced spell but she'd used it successfully once before. That time was also on a helpless person who was potentially dangerous. But...yeah, she didn't want to think about that.

Should they leave the new-werewolf child and run away? She wasn't really sure where they could go.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:38 PM   #295 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster




MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,028

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
x12 x12
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Just as suddenly as your test begins, it ends and you find yourself standing back outside the classroom door as if you never went in.

But you did, and the Headmaster was making his own notes. At the end, he says many of you will need to revise your defense work and that final results will be posted at a later time. There is also another reminder about the school play--in case anyone hadn't signed up yet.

Then you are dismissed.

OOC: Sorry for not getting back to this sooner. I'm currently in the last stages of moving countries and have been out with RL stuff most days in preparation. If you never finished (there should be 5 challenges total) and would like to, you may copy your last post to the dueling arena with a title stating it's from DADA Lesson 1 and I'd be happy to accommodate you!
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:22 PM   #296 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Grindylow
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,450

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
TBA
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post

If he thought hitting the wall hurt, boy he was mistaken after hitting the ground. Yeah....that's going to leave a mark, he wouldn't be surprised if he was bruised up by the end of this lesson. Groaning he laid there on his stomach, glad to be alive after the jump of their lives. "Yeah... I'm fine, are you okay?" Getting up a bit dizzy feeling like he was going to be sick he closed his eyes for a few minutes. This wasn't what he had in mind for a good welcome back to Hogwarts.

The hairs raising on the back of his neck as he heard it, the howl of a werewolf. Seriously was Trent trying to kill them, ot was bad enough the events of last term now this? How were they supposed to face these werewolves they were just kids, they didn't have that much knowledge on advance spells. "I..I know, I heard it." Getting to his feet quickly he put his hand in hers and squeezed it trying to calm his nerves. Oh... Merlin could this get any worse?

When he thought that it couldn't get any worse, boy he was wrong, really wrong. The scene he just witnessed was right out of a horror movie almost. "We got to help and pray to Merlin that we don't get bit ourselves. " Seems like the logical thing to do, real or not they had to help the kid. "Relax Tad, this probably isn't real, just a rest Professor Trent did."

Helping her with shaky hands he looked at the supplies. "Powdered silver..." He tried to rack his brain thinking. Real or not, the clock was ticking for this for kid that gotten bitten. "Dittany Lia, Powdered silver and Dittany, that's it!"
It really was a good thing that she wasn't all alone in this.. whatever, wherever this place was. Dahlia knew that if she had been, there was little to no chance she would've accomplished anything. Other than maybe breaking a few bones and getting this child in front of them killed.. or herself..

The child.

They still needed to this kid. She was freaking out and there was a kid her own age laying here at her feet with a werewolf bite. Hot tears were stinging her eyes and she couldn't think clearly. Why couldn't she THINK clearly?! This was stuff she knew. The panic was rising and time was passing fast. What if that werewolf came back and tried to attack them? What if this child turned into a wolf.. could it happen that fast after being bitten.. it was a full moon?

A full moon.

Lia glanced up at the sky and then back at the child and then at Tad and the child. A full moon. A werewolf. A child with a werewolf bite. Full moon. Helping this kid was all great and well but if this kid changed, they would have a big problem. Tadhg's voice broke through her voice with a shout of 'Dittany', the ingredient she hadn't been able to remember.

Nodding her head, her eyes never leaving the child as she pulled out her wand and aimed it at them. "That's it." More nodding of her head. "We should uhh.. umm.. probably make sure they can't attack us if they change.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Just as suddenly as your test begins, it ends and you find yourself standing back outside the classroom door as if you never went in.

But you did, and the Headmaster was making his own notes. At the end, he says many of you will need to revise your defense work and that final results will be posted at a later time. There is also another reminder about the school play--in case anyone hadn't signed up yet.

Then you are dismissed.
Before anymore spells were cast or any ingredients used on the werewolf bitten child, Lia found herself right back where she had started. Outside the classroom in the corridor. Well that was.. strange. A bit disorienting too.

Excuse her for a minute while she looked around making sure Tadhg was safely beside her. Also don't mind her while she remained very close to him for comfort reasons as she tried to calm herself down still and remember that none of it was real. Still easier said than done.

As for what Real Trent had to say about their defense work, well, she already knew that. Clearly her skills were lacking and she wasn't pleased with herself. Being dismissed was greatly appreciated right now. "Thank you for the lesson Professor." It showed her how badly she would've failed had this been real and easily she could've gotten her partner and herself seriously hurt or killed..not to mention whatever might've happened with the werewolf bitten child.

Grabbing her bag and Tad by the hand she made her way quickly away from the classroom. She had some serious work to do.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209