sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 304 users online including...
msulimaanto , hermionesclone , zithromax buy , hlsetheldo , Mollyfex , lorenepp2 , love-for-HP

10 members
294 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Third Floor > Charms


Charms Learn all your basic charms and some special ones as well!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-19-2021, 11:10 PM
TakemetotheBurrow TakemetotheBurrow is offline
 
Default Charms Lesson 2-The Graffiti Charm

Quote:
Watch Your Step!
Mind the vines and find yourself a seat. Class will be starting shortly.


Neva didn't have a green thumb, but she fancied herself a plant appreciator. At least, she had up until recently. Her classroom, once a sanctuary for spell casting, was now looking more like a scene out of the secret garden. Large vines twist their way along the floor, some working their way up the walls. And while the vine look was a pleasant enough aesthetic, it didn't exactly lend itself well to a space for practicing Charms. Distractions and tripping hazards never would.

The Charms professor stood with her hands on her hips, frowning at a vine that had worked its way right under her desk, causing it to tilt awkwardly. She'd just taken care of this matter the morning before and yet...well, to say she was frustrated would be putting things mildly. Best to tread lightly and find your seat as the board has instructed. Professor P is already in a mood and class will be starting shortly.


OOC: Welcome to another Charms lesson! As always, all SS and Classroom rules apply!


Class has ENDED! Thanks for coming!


Class Progression:
-First Questions
-Second Question
-Spell Reveal and Practice Instructions
-Main Activity
-That's a wrap!
Old 10-26-2021, 03:39 AM   #51 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default Does anyone want to partner up!?
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

This was the best lesson. Except for the fact that Kinsay still wasn't feeling up to trying out the spell in front of an audience. She managed to get by the practice session by waving her wand around and "practicing" the incantation without putting it into action... But actually having to do it? That was different.

So, obviously, the best course of action would be to find a partner to work with and ask them to do the grunt work, while she could stand next to them and give them direction and encouragement. It would be an equal partnership like that.

So instead of getting to work right away, Kinsay looked around the room to see if any of her friends needed a partner. She almost moved towards Evan, but he looked like he was already working on something, so she decided not to interrupt. She didn't want to be incessant about it.


__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 03:58 AM   #52 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default hey there partner!!
SUMMER FOREVER

Val was having plenty of fun with the spell to be honest. She kept changing colours and her canvas looked like a hot mess now. Oops. She glanced up when the professor spoke. OOOOH. Another cool activity. This was officially the best lesson ever!!!

"Hey, Kinsay. Want to do this together??" She beamed at Kinsay enthusiastically. She'd rather work with a friend and since Kins didn't seem to have a partner yet.. unless she preferred to work alone.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 04:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Val was having plenty of fun with the spell to be honest. She kept changing colours and her canvas looked like a hot mess now. Oops. She glanced up when the professor spoke. OOOOH. Another cool activity. This was officially the best lesson ever!!!

"Hey, Kinsay. Want to do this together??" She beamed at Kinsay enthusiastically. She'd rather work with a friend and since Kins didn't seem to have a partner yet.. unless she preferred to work alone.
Valentina! To say Kinsay was relieved was an understatement. "Definitely!" She couldn't have thought of a better case scenario. Val would understand, Kins was so sure of it. So she nodded and started scooting her desk closer to Val's. It was so lucky that they were already sitting next to each other - it made this whole thing that much easier.

"Do you have any ideas?" Kins hadn't yet given it thought, but surely she could come up with a whole bunch if she paused for a moment to think. Instead, she turned to a blank page of her notebook to begin jotting down whatever they decided on so that they could do a rough draft before spray painting the wall!
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #54 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,440

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

CLAUDINE WANTED TO WORK WITH HER!!! Ash knew they were friends, but??? Claudine was so good at art??? And so cool??? And awesome??? This was the best day ever. Ash loved working with Claudine on art stuff.

Life hack: don’t ask Ash about what she wants to do. Because either she’ll have no idea, or she’ll go into excessive and completely unnecessary detail about the thing she wants to do.

“Well, I know this is repetitive, but I was planning on drawing a phoenix... cause it’s not just my favorite animal, I know a lot of other people who like that phoenixes symbolize perseverance and rebirth and really I think they look cool. The problem is, I wanna find something inspirational to write next to it, but my handwriting is really bad. Whether I’m using spray paint or pen, it’s just horrible, and I want it to look nice so maybe...” Ash trailed off, suddenly aware of how long she’d been talking for. She turned red. “I mean, um, would you like to share some of your own ideas as well?” Yes, Ashley Fox was kind and thoughtful. She tried to be, at least.
astrocat is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 04:30 PM   #55 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,499

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Howdy, partner! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
CLAUDINE WANTED TO WORK WITH HER!!! Ash knew they were friends, but??? Claudine was so good at art??? And so cool??? And awesome??? This was the best day ever. Ash loved working with Claudine on art stuff.

Life hack: don’t ask Ash about what she wants to do. Because either she’ll have no idea, or she’ll go into excessive and completely unnecessary detail about the thing she wants to do.

“Well, I know this is repetitive, but I was planning on drawing a phoenix... cause it’s not just my favorite animal, I know a lot of other people who like that phoenixes symbolize perseverance and rebirth and really I think they look cool. The problem is, I wanna find something inspirational to write next to it, but my handwriting is really bad. Whether I’m using spray paint or pen, it’s just horrible, and I want it to look nice so maybe...” Ash trailed off, suddenly aware of how long she’d been talking for. She turned red. “I mean, um, would you like to share some of your own ideas as well?” Yes, Ashley Fox was kind and thoughtful. She tried to be, at least.


How could Claudine not have worked with Ash? That Ravenclaw was sensible, talented at artsy stuff and downright comfortable to be around. She listened to Ash’s words then shook her head when the other girl was done talking. “Don’t worry about being repetitive. I think it’s a great idea to create a phoenix. It can represent someone pulling themselves out of a very dark situation.” Out of helplessness and so forth. Claudine was game for this idea.

“You should add flames at the bottom and depict the phoenix as it rises from them,” the seventh year suggested, highly enthusiastic about this project. “As for the writing, I can cover that.” Claudine’s handwriting was never bad if she said so herself. “I just need to find the right quote. Why don’t you get started on the phoenix while I brainstorm one?”
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #56 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMC
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,375

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Noah Alexander Mordaunt
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

The spell was pretty straightforward, and it was a quick study for Noah. While the rest were practising (read: making a mess), he'd filled his canvass with all the possible colours he could think of until he was able to make what seems to be abstract art. He'd never figured out how some artists were paid thousands of galleons for simple strokes here and there, but what was more interesting was the fact that there were people who actually come and participate in buying such artworks through auctioning. He'd been to one when he accompanied his great grandpa and grandma to one...and he still couldn't believe what he'd witnessed. All that he'd heard from his great grands was that it was an investment.

Let's just say he's got a lot to learn while living the high-society life.

Anyhow, back to class, Noah need not be told twice as he got himself a blank white wall all to himself. It seemed that everyone was partnered up, so the Gryffindor went ahead to do his graffiti. Something inspirational or nice? Well, conveniently, he remembered a nice quotable quote from a brilliant muggle scientist that was even older than his great-grandparents. In fact, they weren't even born yet when said scientist died. That ancient, people.

And so Noah began to work, spraying his area with a nice shocking green as base, and doodled away the rest of Charms period.

Text Cut: 'ze masterpiece


Words to live by, in his opinion. It came in handy every time he accessed the RoR. Just saying.
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 10:01 PM   #57 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,415

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default Anyone still need a partner, feel free to join me

Violet had hoped to find a partner who was better at art than she was (meaning, pretty much anyone), but it seemed most of the budding artists were already paired up. So, still hoping someone might show up at the last minute, she'd snagged a section of empty, vine-free wall for herself and thought about what she wanted to say on it. Because she'd found during the practice that she was much better at making letters than attempting to draw anything. And she had some ideas.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 10-27-2021, 12:44 AM   #58 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,440

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Older sister
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


How could Claudine not have worked with Ash? That Ravenclaw was sensible, talented at artsy stuff and downright comfortable to be around. She listened to Ash’s words then shook her head when the other girl was done talking. “Don’t worry about being repetitive. I think it’s a great idea to create a phoenix. It can represent someone pulling themselves out of a very dark situation.” Out of helplessness and so forth. Claudine was game for this idea.

“You should add flames at the bottom and depict the phoenix as it rises from them,” the seventh year suggested, highly enthusiastic about this project. “As for the writing, I can cover that.” Claudine’s handwriting was never bad if she said so herself. “I just need to find the right quote. Why don’t you get started on the phoenix while I brainstorm one?”


Claudine was possibly the best ever and Ash very very quietly adored her. Claudine didn't make her feel bad. Claudine made her feel happy, which was an uncommon emotion for her. So.

"I love phoenixes." Yeah, Captain Obvious. If Claudine had been to the the 4th-year Ravenclaw girl's dorm, she would have been easily able to figure out which bed was Ash's. From the phoenix drawings and the phoenix blanket and the phoenix hoodie and the phoenix... everything. (In Ash's defense, most of those things were gifts.)

"sure, I'll add the flames." She grinned. "Can't have a phoenix without any flames." Which came first, the phoenix or the flame? The common room would say something dumb about circles. Ash would say the flame came first... after all, you could have a flame with no phoenix, but you couldn't have a phoenix without any flames.

"Make sure the writing has something to do with no longer being in a dark place full of suffering and stuff, just like you said. I like that interpretation." It was perfect. And it meant something to her especially, so it wasn't like they were writing something she didn't believe. "Pingaerosol black." She very very carefully made an outline for the phoenix... and NO she did not get spray paint all over her classmates. Pingaerosol... gosh, what color red to pick?

It looked like they were both brainstorming now.
astrocat is offline  
Old 10-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #59 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Valentina! To say Kinsay was relieved was an understatement. "Definitely!" She couldn't have thought of a better case scenario. Val would understand, Kins was so sure of it. So she nodded and started scooting her desk closer to Val's. It was so lucky that they were already sitting next to each other - it made this whole thing that much easier.

"Do you have any ideas?" Kins hadn't yet given it thought, but surely she could come up with a whole bunch if she paused for a moment to think. Instead, she turned to a blank page of her notebook to begin jotting down whatever they decided on so that they could do a rough draft before spray painting the wall!
Valentina couldn't help feeling relieved too. It was nice to be partnering up with a friend rather than with someone she didn't know - but on the other hand, it would be an opportunity to make new friends. Anyway. Ideas?? She frowned, not having come up with anything yet. Isn't Kinsay better at this stuff?

"Maybe it can be a phrase rather than a picture, you know?"
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 10-27-2021, 10:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,499

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Lil Sis! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Claudine was possibly the best ever and Ash very very quietly adored her. Claudine didn't make her feel bad. Claudine made her feel happy, which was an uncommon emotion for her. So.

"I love phoenixes." Yeah, Captain Obvious. If Claudine had been to the the 4th-year Ravenclaw girl's dorm, she would have been easily able to figure out which bed was Ash's. From the phoenix drawings and the phoenix blanket and the phoenix hoodie and the phoenix... everything. (In Ash's defense, most of those things were gifts.)

"sure, I'll add the flames." She grinned. "Can't have a phoenix without any flames." Which came first, the phoenix or the flame? The common room would say something dumb about circles. Ash would say the flame came first... after all, you could have a flame with no phoenix, but you couldn't have a phoenix without any flames.

"Make sure the writing has something to do with no longer being in a dark place full of suffering and stuff, just like you said. I like that interpretation." It was perfect. And it meant something to her especially, so it wasn't like they were writing something she didn't believe. "Pingaerosol black." She very very carefully made an outline for the phoenix... and NO she did not get spray paint all over her classmates. Pingaerosol... gosh, what color red to pick?

It looked like they were both brainstorming now.


Claudine grinned, pleased that Ash seemed so enthusiastic and happy about this and that the girl’s love for phoenixes seemed to have gotten stronger. It was nice for her to have something positive to admire. “I know you do. That’s why this will be a perfect project for you to do. I’ll be here to help if you need it.” But for now, Claudine would stand back and let Ash have her moment.

Keeping in mind what Ash had said in agreement about the words, the Snakette put on her thinking cap {not literally, of course}. She divided her attention between thinking and watching Ash. So far, Ash was handling things. Shortly after, Claudine zoned out for about a minute. Coming back to reality, she realised that she hadn’t even noticed when her mind slipped away from reality. “I think I’ve got it. What do you think of ‘No longer will you fear the darkness once you realise the phoenix in you will rise from the ashes’, Ash?”
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 10-28-2021, 01:31 AM   #61 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,674

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Incessant was not something Evan attributed to Kinsay James. So while he did not notice her look over or anything even indicating she had considered pairing up with him, had he there definitely would have been an open invitation to do so. And there would have been the nagging reminder once again that he was concerned with how... withdrawn she seemed lately. Perhaps something for another day.

Not paying much attention to anything anyone else was currently working on, Evan decided with color scheme decided and quote picked - he would just start throwing it up on the walls. To him, graffiti was about spontaneity, which while made him uncomfortable he still wanted to embrace the experience. "Pin-gaer-o-sol black!" Again with the classic color, in order to put a background for underneath his quote. Once he'd got a less than perfect rectangle of black (left flawed intentionally), he finished up with that color before casting again with gray in order to add some accents and a shading type look to the back drop.

Once that was done, it was time to tackle his words. The first line was done with green, and the words Success is not final.

Following that came a line of red. Failure is not fatal.

And the last line was then done with yellow. It is the courage to continue that counts. It wasn't the proper order of an actual traffic stop, but frankly he thought the colors were fitting with the wording and so he'd decided to go for it. And frankly, he was quite liking the way it turned out. He then proceeded to use gray again to put Winston Churchill at the bottom, signifying where the quote itself had come from - as it was not his own words.

Rather pleased with the result, he turned again to his canvas. If there was a little bit of class time left, he might as well have fun with playing with the colors and experimenting.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 10-28-2021, 02:41 AM   #62 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Valentina couldn't help feeling relieved too. It was nice to be partnering up with a friend rather than with someone she didn't know - but on the other hand, it would be an opportunity to make new friends. Anyway. Ideas?? She frowned, not having come up with anything yet. Isn't Kinsay better at this stuff?

"Maybe it can be a phrase rather than a picture, you know?"
The assignment was most definitely up Kinsay's alley, but she didn't want to be too commandeering, especially as she would be asking Valentina to do all the spellwork in just a moment. She didn't want to be too incessant about things and turn Val away by accident.

"I like that idea," she offered her friend a tiny smile. In truth, Kiz would've rather painted a big mural on the wall, but ... to reiterate, she didn't want to be the one doing the spellwork. So. They'd have to go with what Val wanted. "Maybe we can write a joke!" Jokes were positive. They made people laugh.

__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 10-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #63 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
The assignment was most definitely up Kinsay's alley, but she didn't want to be too commandeering, especially as she would be asking Valentina to do all the spellwork in just a moment. She didn't want to be too incessant about things and turn Val away by accident.

"I like that idea," she offered her friend a tiny smile. In truth, Kiz would've rather painted a big mural on the wall, but ... to reiterate, she didn't want to be the one doing the spellwork. So. They'd have to go with what Val wanted. "Maybe we can write a joke!" Jokes were positive. They made people laugh.

Valentina smiled. She wasn't exactly good with artwork unless Kinsay planned on painting.. which would honestly be better. But, since she didn't offer, val just assumed that she probably didn't want to.. which was cool with her. So, words it is.

A joke?? She frowned in thought. "A joke would be nice! Do you have anything particular in mind?"
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 10-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #64 (permalink)


DMLE & DIMC
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 5,558

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lydia Anni Wolff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Whitney Jo Quartermaine
International Cooperation
x7 x4
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Did said message necessarily have to be inspirational? Because Dia was drawing a blank over here. Inspiration wasn't exactly in her wheelhouse. Not to mention, it seemed kind of antithetical to what graffiti usually was: an act of rebellion.

After mentally debating this for a few minutes, she finally decided on something. "Pingaerosol green." She quickly "sprayed" her message on her chosen piece of wall and stepped back. Her message?

Lydia waz here.

So it wasn't inspirational. But it was totally in the spirit of graffiti, which she felt was more important.
__________________
These days, I'm way too lonely; I'm missin' out, I know; These days, I'm way too alone
And I'm known for givin' love away, but I want someonе to love me, I need someonе who needs me
lazykitty is offline  
Old 10-28-2021, 09:45 PM   #65 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,440

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Claudine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Claudine grinned, pleased that Ash seemed so enthusiastic and happy about this and that the girl’s love for phoenixes seemed to have gotten stronger. It was nice for her to have something positive to admire. “I know you do. That’s why this will be a perfect project for you to do. I’ll be here to help if you need it.” But for now, Claudine would stand back and let Ash have her moment.

Keeping in mind what Ash had said in agreement about the words, the Snakette put on her thinking cap {not literally, of course}. She divided her attention between thinking and watching Ash. So far, Ash was handling things. Shortly after, Claudine zoned out for about a minute. Coming back to reality, she realised that she hadn’t even noticed when her mind slipped away from reality. “I think I’ve got it. What do you think of ‘No longer will you fear the darkness once you realise the phoenix in you will rise from the ashes’, Ash?”


See? This was someone who GOT it! Ash was so rarely happy, and here was something that never failed to cheer her up. It wasn't stupid, it was beautiful. And that was the hill she would die on.

Wow, Claudine was smart. So smart. And she came up with good sayings. Ash was glad she was working with her. "Hm? Oh, I think that's really good. But maybe we could change one word so that it's 'No longer will you fear the fire... or flames, I don't know, once you realize the phoenix inside you will rise from the ashes?" Ashes, get it? That amused Ash endlessly. She was destined to love phoenixes. HER NAME WAS ASH AND SHE WAS SAD. It was perfect. "It would work as is too."

Ash turned back to her painting. "What shade of red should I use," she wondered aloud. The question had her stuck for a full minute, until she decided to just have the shade come to her mind as she painted. "Pingaerosol red." and she visualized the color. What came out was a dark, dull red color, but the edges of the phoenix were definitely lighter and more orange. Ash liked it a lot.
astrocat is offline  
Old 10-28-2021, 10:19 PM   #66 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,415

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Violet had wound up working alone, so she went ahead with her idea of sticking to just letters. What she wound up with was a vivid green background, with fat, angular black letters outlined in white and then outlined again in black, reading:

_____________________

BECOME WHO YOU ARE
_____________________


There. That was pretty inspirational, Violet thought.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 10-28-2021, 10:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,499

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Teammate! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

See? This was someone who GOT it! Ash was so rarely happy, and here was something that never failed to cheer her up. It wasn't stupid, it was beautiful. And that was the hill she would die on.

Wow, Claudine was smart. So smart. And she came up with good sayings. Ash was glad she was working with her. "Hm? Oh, I think that's really good. But maybe we could change one word so that it's 'No longer will you fear the fire... or flames, I don't know, once you realize the phoenix inside you will rise from the ashes?" Ashes, get it? That amused Ash endlessly. She was destined to love phoenixes. HER NAME WAS ASH AND SHE WAS SAD. It was perfect. "It would work as is too."

Ash turned back to her painting. "What shade of red should I use," she wondered aloud. The question had her stuck for a full minute, until she decided to just have the shade come to her mind as she painted. "Pingaerosol red." and she visualized the color. What came out was a dark, dull red color, but the edges of the phoenix were definitely lighter and more orange. Ash liked it a lot.


See, one of the good things about working with Ash was that she was not afraid to speak up when she had an opinion. This was what Claudine liked a lot. This manner of working together would ensure that they both had an outcome they liked. In this case, stunning artwork.

“I like yours a lot better. ‘No longer will you fear the flames once you realize the phoenix inside you will rise from the ashes’ it is.” Just look at them getting along so well on this. They made quite the team, didn’t they? And now? Now she’d just stand back to watch Ash continue working.

“I think that shade of red is perfect.” Like Ash, she liked all that had taken shape so far. “Now that you’ve got the phoenix down, I think I’ll get started on the words. Pingaerosol green.” Claudine had been aiming for a neon green, so that the message could immediately grab one’s attention, but that shade wasn't what she got. It was more of a darker shade, like moss. Moss green. The shade would have to work. Carefully and neatly, in loopy cursive, the Snakette moved her wand to spell out each of the words. When that was done, she stood back. The words were next to the phoenix’s beak, and it gave her an idea. “Pingaerosol black.” A neat bubble was drawn around the words, much like the bubbles in comics, so it looked as though the words were coming from the phoenix’s beak.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 10-29-2021, 01:03 AM   #68 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod



DERP & DMLE
Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,378

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Neva Peralta
Graduated

Student Character:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
Seventh Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection

x12 x7
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

As the students brainstormed, Neva navigated around the vines, giving one particularly large one in her path a nudge with her foot and a frown. Moving on, she had kids to observe.

Mr. Nam seemed pretty focused as she passed by and she decided to leave him to it. Who was she to stop someone's creative flow? His quote of choice was a good one, by the way. Miss Blaze and Miss Fox teaming up was going to make for an interesting piece of art, she decided. She was eager to see what they came up with, particularly because Miss Fox seemed so into the art lessons this term. Miss James and Miss Nichols made an adorable pair and whatever they created, something told the Charms Professor it would make their classmates smile. Mr. Mordaunt's creation? Well, it was hard to look away. The paint colors called for your attention and the message held it. She quite liked it. Miss Wolff's addition to the walls? Well. It left something to be desired, but at least she'd gotten the hang of the spell? She'd take that as a win. And then there was Miss Blackthorne, who'd seemed unsure at first, but had actually come up with something that challenged other students to embrace who they were. She'd done well.

Eyeing the time, Neva's eyes widened a little. Merlin, they were cutting it close. "I'm afraid we're out of time for today," She announced as she made her way back to the front of the room. "I want to thank you all for your hard work. If you're interested in continuing your project, we can set up a time to continue working later this week. And as promised, your artwork will remain on the walls for the rest of term." She hoped it inspired them. "For now, pack up your things. Don't want to be late for your next lesson."


OOC: That's all the time we have, friends! Thanks for coming and I hope you enjoyed the lesson!
__________________
| Sky Sirens | Sun |

| Healing | Determination | Self Realization | Nobility |
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213