sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Third Floor > Charms


Charms Learn all your basic charms and some special ones as well!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2021, 12:33 AM
TakemetotheBurrow TakemetotheBurrow is offline
 
Default Charms Lesson 1 - The Tattoo Charm

As you enter the Charms Classroom you'll find that the space is set up much like an art gallery. Various photos have been hung around the room, safe inside ornate frames. Cushioned benches made for comfortable seating are situated throughout the space as well. The only reminder that this is, in fact, Professor Peralta's room is her desk and the board directly behind it. You'll find directions waiting for you there, though the Charms instructor is no where in sight.

Quote:
Welcome

Please use this time before class officially starts to take a gallery walk. Study the photos, discuss the images found in them, and consider what the meaning behind them might be. You're welcome to talk with your classmates, though please do stay on task. Once you've set your things down on a bench, you may begin.


Well, what are you waiting for? There's no time like the present and Professor Peralta will be arriving soon. Best to get started.


OOC: Welcome to Charms, friends! We're jumping right in and though Neva is not yet in the classroom, your charries have their orders up on the board! As always, all SS and Classroom rules apply! Class has ENDED


Class Progression
Old 09-21-2021, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,109

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine really did think that she walked into the wrong room. She stood there blinking around at the images for about half a minute until her gaze found Peralta's desk and board. So... she definitely was in the right place. A quick read of the instructions told her what to do: the Slytherin placed her bag on one end of a bench then began browsing with great interest.

So many tattoos, she thought. Ashley was going to love this. She paused before the image of the colourful compass. Claudine really liked this one in particular. Yes, she did.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,516

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Entering the Charms classroom, Evan's footsteps halted as he glanced around the room - noting all of the photos pinned up and immediately intrigued. Were they going to learn a charm today that could put tattoos temporarily on their body? It probably wasn't something people assumed was 'his' image, but he really liked the look of body art. But then again, with the earring (sometimes the two) he usually sported - maybe that was exactly what people assumed was his image. He'd never really considered it much before.

Entering the classroom, he deposited his bag on the bench near Claudine's, before also following the written instructions and taking a turn around the room. His eyes were immediately drawn to the one with the open book - the watercolors flowing out of it and he paused to admire it. It was probably the most Ravenclaw thing that that was the picture he was most drawn to. He could easily see himself getting something similar once he was of age, though perhaps he would change the colors. Maybe green and blue? Or purple to blue? He wasn't that keen on the color pink.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 02:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,029

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Valentina entered the classroom, immediately taken aback. WOW. She was curious to know what the professor was going to teach them today. Something related to tattoos most probably.. wait did that mean they were going to get one?? The blonde didn't know how she felt about getting something inked permanently on the skin but - ANYWAY. She moved closer to the bird tattoo, curious. It looked so pretty but also, majestic in a way. Maybe, just maybe, she could see herself getting something like that one day. Or not, because she'd heard that it was super painful.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 02:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,379

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

Claudine was absolutely right. Ash was not feeling good this week, and she had considered skipping class, but OMG. The second she stepped in the classroom... were those TATTOOS??? Was that... was that a phoenix? Ash stopped by the one that appeared to be a phoenix, literally jumping for joy. Was she dead? Because this was heaven. She spoke excitedly to the other girl there, Valentina. “I love tattoos. Is that a phoenix? Phoenixes represent rebirth and perseverance. They rise from the ashes. My name is Ash! That tattoo was made for me.” She skipped over Claudine. “Claudine Claudine Claudine look at what I found!!! I found the bird tattoo and I want one like that.” This was possibly the best day ever.
astrocat is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 12,928

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

"Hi Prof- .... Oh."

That was embarrassing. Not wanting to linger by the doorway any longer than she had to, in hopes that no one would notice the red way her face was getting, Kins quickly moved to set her things down on a bench. Maybe if she hadn't ducked her head down so quickly, she would've noticed all the art on the wall. But thankfully, she noticed that pretty soon after setting her things down anyway. It all worked out.

She hadn't yet read the sign either, but she was already back up on her feet and roaming around the room to get a better look at the frames and the art. Professor Peralta was already her favorite, but Kizzy could tell that this class would set her WAY above the standard. Maybe they'd ACTUALLY study art in this class like she had thought they would in History!
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,057

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

WOAH! Was that a Phoenix?!? Lisa leaned into the portrait to examine it further before realizing that she was at a museum… oh WAIT! This was class. She had spent many summers at museums trying to look at paintings with the family only to get sternly told off by Noah if she got too close. He would always tell her that she was going to set off an alarm or something which had frightened her because she hated loud noises but then more recently she started rolling her eyes at him.

As if, Noah goody two shoes.

Would you guys get a tattoo?” she asked her fellow classmates who were already examining the art work.
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,871

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Daniel liked art galleries. He had never been to one but he was sure that he would like them. He wasn't big in to art if at all but the quietness of an art gallery had to be the same as a library.

He placed his hands deep inside of the robe pockets as he entered the classroom. Since the Professor was nowhere in sight he kept quiet as he began to walk past the various sort of photos. He remembered his talk with Ashley in Diagon Alley before he had even stepped foot in Hogwarts. How she wanted a tattoo like a Phoenix. Was this what she meant? He looked over at the older girl before continuing on with his walk as he observed the art.

Until he stood in front of the one with the book. He halted his steps and stared at it. The tattoo captured exactly how he felt whenever he was reading a book and a smile crept on his face. Which was interupted by Lisa asking a question. "I wouldn't" he answered his...friend?... "I think my brother wants one though" he couldn't wait for the day till their parents found out. Minjae wasn't in great terms with their father as of now so adding a tattoo.

It was going to be fun to witness heh.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DIMC
Erkling
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 20,959

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Randall Stavros
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
x4 x1
Default we got a grumpy one. *eyeroll emoji*
A Poop * k8 *

V was outraged as soon as she got in the room. They were expected to do work BEFORE Peralta even got here??!?!?!?! OUT.RAGEOUS. She crossed her arms and glared at one of the paintings. Keeping her comments to herself was reaaaaaally difficult, too.

So she didn't talk to anyone. Not even Lisa. She set her schoolbag down on a bench near Lisa's and just STARED at the one of the Phoenix. Were these tattoos? V didn't like tattoos either. Her skin would stay clean and PRISTINE her entire life, thank you. NO piercings, NO ink.
__________________
hiss.__________________________________________________ _BOOM.

hiss.
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-21-2021, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom & Mungo's Mod
Book Club Mod


DMAC & DoM

Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 56,316

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Javier Hernandez
Graduated

Student Character:
Adam S. Luck
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Tucker Schultz
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Kinsay mention hehe
Curly Haired Prefect || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Adam always liked Charms - Peralta was nice, and the subject matter was one of his favorites. He quickly scanned the board and then dropped his stuff at a bench per the instructions before heading into the gallery. It was clear immediately what the topic of the exhibit was....

"TATTOOS!" he exclaimed with a grin, as if that wasn't completely obvious to everyone around him. He couldn't help it, though. Tattoos were just so fascinating to him. Like, how did the ink just STAY there in your skin and not get absorbed by your body?? He made a mental note to research it later.

"You should get that one,"
Adam said to the nearest person, Kinsay, with a mischievous grin. He was pointing at the ugly merperson tattoo - at least, it was ugly in his opinion. Art was subjective and all that.
__________________
I'm coming home tell the world that I'm coming home___________________________
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 09-22-2021, 12:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,858

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath entered the charms classroom, expecting to see the familiar desks and Professor Peralta at the front of the room. “Hello, Prof-” he began unthinkingly, but his voice trailed off as he looked around. Oh. She wasn’t here. He blinked, his dark eyes scanning the pictures around the room. Did he zone out and accidentally walk into the art room instead? Then he saw the message written on the board. No? Okay then.

After setting his bag on the bench next to Claudine’s, he made his way around the room, carefully examining the tattoo pictures. He wasn’t sure how he felt about tattoos. He wasn’t opposed to them, but he didn’t feel the need to get one either. Maybe he’d change his mind if he ever found something with the right symbolic meaning. As he studied the tattoos, his eyes were drawn to two in particular: the constellation one and the book with - was that red and blue smoke rising from it? Or perhaps it was meant to represent magic instead? Either way, the red and blue together kind of reminded him of Jedi and Sith lightsabers clashing, but that was beside the point. Then he got to thinking about the meaning behind the tattoo. Maybe it meant knowledge is power? Or maybe it was supposed to represent the escape that books provided?

As Heath changed directions, he caught up with Claudine and Ash. “Hi,” he greeted. “See anything you like?”
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is online now  
Old 09-22-2021, 01:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,766

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

There was a very specific way to admire art when you didn't understand it. Hand on chin, leaning back, head tilted slightly downward. Expression very pensive. Maybe a little foot tap, as long as it didn't upset the careful angle of the body leaning back. Phoebe dropped her bag and immediately moved into this position. It wasn't that she didn't understand the pictures, she just wasn't sure why they were being treated like art.

"Ah, interesting use of lines and space. Yes, yes. I think this artist is really pushing his boundaries with this piece."
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 09-22-2021, 02:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,057

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

She cast her gaze to the left when Daniel answered her question. Oh hey! She started to smile because he was answering her question and then nodded when she heard his response. “Okay! I don’t know if I would either but I’d start with a temporary one. My brother has a tattoo,” she said, not bothering to elaborate if it were Noah or Evan. It was def Noah who had the tattoo but then again maybe Evan had one.

Lisa heard something being placed down near her and thus she turned herself towards the direction of that noise and found V. She froze momentarily, guilt washing over her before she took a deep breath and offered her friend a smile. Well… V wasn’t dating anyone… “Hi!” she said before feeling her tummy do flippy things again. She turned her gaze finally towards Phoebe who was talking about art and the use of lines and space.

Wanting to avoid the weird feeling, she made her way over to her and just listened. Lisa tilted her head. “What makes you say that?
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 09-22-2021, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod



DERP & DMLE
Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,326

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Neva Peralta
Graduated

Student Character:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
Seventh Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection

x12 x7
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

When most of the students had started their gallery walk, Neva slipped into the room quietly just to observe. She'd always been a fan of art, so being able to incorporate that into her lessons was something she was looking forward to immensely.

"Just a few more minutes to look around, alright?" The Charms Professor moved around the room, offering a polite smile to her students, but not wanting to interrupt them. As far as she could tell, the conversations were on task and they were following her directions. She was pleased.


SPOILER!!: Hello friends! We see you, we love you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine really did think that she walked into the wrong room. She stood there blinking around at the images for about half a minute until her gaze found Peralta's desk and board. So... she definitely was in the right place. A quick read of the instructions told her what to do: the Slytherin placed her bag on one end of a bench then began browsing with great interest.

So many tattoos, she thought. Ashley was going to love this. She paused before the image of the colourful compass. Claudine really liked this one in particular. Yes, she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Entering the Charms classroom, Evan's footsteps halted as he glanced around the room - noting all of the photos pinned up and immediately intrigued. Were they going to learn a charm today that could put tattoos temporarily on their body? It probably wasn't something people assumed was 'his' image, but he really liked the look of body art. But then again, with the earring (sometimes the two) he usually sported - maybe that was exactly what people assumed was his image. He'd never really considered it much before.

Entering the classroom, he deposited his bag on the bench near Claudine's, before also following the written instructions and taking a turn around the room. His eyes were immediately drawn to the one with the open book - the watercolors flowing out of it and he paused to admire it. It was probably the most Ravenclaw thing that that was the picture he was most drawn to. He could easily see himself getting something similar once he was of age, though perhaps he would change the colors. Maybe green and blue? Or purple to blue? He wasn't that keen on the color pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Valentina entered the classroom, immediately taken aback. WOW. She was curious to know what the professor was going to teach them today. Something related to tattoos most probably.. wait did that mean they were going to get one?? The blonde didn't know how she felt about getting something inked permanently on the skin but - ANYWAY. She moved closer to the bird tattoo, curious. It looked so pretty but also, majestic in a way. Maybe, just maybe, she could see herself getting something like that one day. Or not, because she'd heard that it was super painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Claudine was absolutely right. Ash was not feeling good this week, and she had considered skipping class, but OMG. The second she stepped in the classroom... were those TATTOOS??? Was that... was that a phoenix? Ash stopped by the one that appeared to be a phoenix, literally jumping for joy. Was she dead? Because this was heaven. She spoke excitedly to the other girl there, Valentina. “I love tattoos. Is that a phoenix? Phoenixes represent rebirth and perseverance. They rise from the ashes. My name is Ash! That tattoo was made for me.” She skipped over Claudine. “Claudine Claudine Claudine look at what I found!!! I found the bird tattoo and I want one like that.” This was possibly the best day ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"Hi Prof- .... Oh."

That was embarrassing. Not wanting to linger by the doorway any longer than she had to, in hopes that no one would notice the red way her face was getting, Kins quickly moved to set her things down on a bench. Maybe if she hadn't ducked her head down so quickly, she would've noticed all the art on the wall. But thankfully, she noticed that pretty soon after setting her things down anyway. It all worked out.

She hadn't yet read the sign either, but she was already back up on her feet and roaming around the room to get a better look at the frames and the art. Professor Peralta was already her favorite, but Kizzy could tell that this class would set her WAY above the standard. Maybe they'd ACTUALLY study art in this class like she had thought they would in History!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
WOAH! Was that a Phoenix?!? Lisa leaned into the portrait to examine it further before realizing that she was at a museum… oh WAIT! This was class. She had spent many summers at museums trying to look at paintings with the family only to get sternly told off by Noah if she got too close. He would always tell her that she was going to set off an alarm or something which had frightened her because she hated loud noises but then more recently she started rolling her eyes at him.

As if, Noah goody two shoes.

Would you guys get a tattoo?” she asked her fellow classmates who were already examining the art work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel liked art galleries. He had never been to one but he was sure that he would like them. He wasn't big in to art if at all but the quietness of an art gallery had to be the same as a library.

He placed his hands deep inside of the robe pockets as he entered the classroom. Since the Professor was nowhere in sight he kept quiet as he began to walk past the various sort of photos. He remembered his talk with Ashley in Diagon Alley before he had even stepped foot in Hogwarts. How she wanted a tattoo like a Phoenix. Was this what she meant? He looked over at the older girl before continuing on with his walk as he observed the art.

Until he stood in front of the one with the book. He halted his steps and stared at it. The tattoo captured exactly how he felt whenever he was reading a book and a smile crept on his face. Which was interupted by Lisa asking a question. "I wouldn't" he answered his...friend?... "I think my brother wants one though" he couldn't wait for the day till their parents found out. Minjae wasn't in great terms with their father as of now so adding a tattoo.

It was going to be fun to witness heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
V was outraged as soon as she got in the room. They were expected to do work BEFORE Peralta even got here??!?!?!?! OUT.RAGEOUS. She crossed her arms and glared at one of the paintings. Keeping her comments to herself was reaaaaaally difficult, too.

So she didn't talk to anyone. Not even Lisa. She set her schoolbag down on a bench near Lisa's and just STARED at the one of the Phoenix. Were these tattoos? V didn't like tattoos either. Her skin would stay clean and PRISTINE her entire life, thank you. NO piercings, NO ink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Adam always liked Charms - Peralta was nice, and the subject matter was one of his favorites. He quickly scanned the board and then dropped his stuff at a bench per the instructions before heading into the gallery. It was clear immediately what the topic of the exhibit was....

"TATTOOS!" he exclaimed with a grin, as if that wasn't completely obvious to everyone around him. He couldn't help it, though. Tattoos were just so fascinating to him. Like, how did the ink just STAY there in your skin and not get absorbed by your body?? He made a mental note to research it later.

"You should get that one,"
Adam said to the nearest person, Kinsay, with a mischievous grin. He was pointing at the ugly merperson tattoo - at least, it was ugly in his opinion. Art was subjective and all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath entered the charms classroom, expecting to see the familiar desks and Professor Peralta at the front of the room. “Hello, Prof-” he began unthinkingly, but his voice trailed off as he looked around. Oh. She wasn’t here. He blinked, his dark eyes scanning the pictures around the room. Did he zone out and accidentally walk into the art room instead? Then he saw the message written on the board. No? Okay then.

After setting his bag on the bench next to Claudine’s, he made his way around the room, carefully examining the tattoo pictures. He wasn’t sure how he felt about tattoos. He wasn’t opposed to them, but he didn’t feel the need to get one either. Maybe he’d change his mind if he ever found something with the right symbolic meaning. As he studied the tattoos, his eyes were drawn to two in particular: the constellation one and the book with - was that red and blue smoke rising from it? Or perhaps it was meant to represent magic instead? Either way, the red and blue together kind of reminded him of Jedi and Sith lightsabers clashing, but that was beside the point. Then he got to thinking about the meaning behind the tattoo. Maybe it meant knowledge is power? Or maybe it was supposed to represent the escape that books provided?

As Heath changed directions, he caught up with Claudine and Ash. “Hi,” he greeted. “See anything you like?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
There was a very specific way to admire art when you didn't understand it. Hand on chin, leaning back, head tilted slightly downward. Expression very pensive. Maybe a little foot tap, as long as it didn't upset the careful angle of the body leaning back. Phoebe dropped her bag and immediately moved into this position. It wasn't that she didn't understand the pictures, she just wasn't sure why they were being treated like art.

"Ah, interesting use of lines and space. Yes, yes. I think this artist is really pushing his boundaries with this piece."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
She cast her gaze to the left when Daniel answered her question. Oh hey! She started to smile because he was answering her question and then nodded when she heard his response. “Okay! I don’t know if I would either but I’d start with a temporary one. My brother has a tattoo,” she said, not bothering to elaborate if it were Noah or Evan. It was def Noah who had the tattoo but then again maybe Evan had one.

Lisa heard something being placed down near her and thus she turned herself towards the direction of that noise and found V. She froze momentarily, guilt washing over her before she took a deep breath and offered her friend a smile. Well… V wasn’t dating anyone… “Hi!” she said before feeling her tummy do flippy things again. She turned her gaze finally towards Phoebe who was talking about art and the use of lines and space.

Wanting to avoid the weird feeling, she made her way over to her and just listened. Lisa tilted her head. “What makes you say that?


Glancing at her watch, Neva moved back to the front of the room and closed the door with a flourish of her wand. "Alright everyone, please have a seat and we'll get started." They had a lot to cover, and not nearly enough time for her liking to cover it. "I'm sure you've guessed by now that today's lesson will center around tattoos. While this might seem an unusal direction for a charms class to go in, I think it's important to remember that magic can be used in all sorts of ways for all sorts of activities. For example, magic can be a medium used in art." And for those students who were artistically inclined, she wanted to show them ways they could incorporate charms in their work.

"To get things started, I'd like to know what you know about tattoos. You're welcome to share your knowledge of magical and/or muggle tattoos, whatever it may be. I do ask that you only share one fact, though, so others can get a chance to participate as well."

Neva perched on the edge of her desk, looking around the room expectantly. "Who's first?"


OOC: Sorry for the wait, friends. I wanted to give more people a chance to arrive! The first task is for your charrie to share what they know about magical and/or muggle tattoos! Class will move on in about 35 hours from now
__________________
| Sky Sirens | Sun |

| Healing | Determination | Self Realization | Nobility |
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 09-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,109

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine was so observed in trying to apply her own interpretation to the image before her that she didn’t see anyone else come into the room. It was only until Ashley was right beside her that she tore her gaze away. “Hi, Ash,” she greeted brightly, thrilled that the younger girl would have something else to make her happy. “The phoenix? Great choice. Going to have a moving phoenix tat then?” When Ashley was of age, of course. Claudine would be seeing to that. Would she get a tat? She briefly considered Lisa’s questions. “Maybe a few years from now,” the seventh year replied. Right now, art on paper was her thing. “Hi, you.” There was a smile for Heath. “Yes, this one.” Claudine gestured to the image she was standing before.

There wasn’t much chatting that they could do as Peralta was calling on them to take their seats. Indeed it seemed like an odd direction for a class but the Snakette thought that they were perhaps going to learn about the charm that allowed tattoos to move. “Witches and wizards can choose to have a magical tattoo. That particular type moves rather than staying stationary.”
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 09-22-2021, 03:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,699

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default Been here all along <3
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Dahlia's attention had immediately been captured by the art gallery set up when she had first entered the room. It wasn't what she normally expected to see in the charms room but then again.. there was no definition of normal when it came to lessons around Hogwarts. However she did do a very quick scan of the room looking for the professor in order to greet her but didn't see her right away. What she did see was the woman's desk and the board with instruction to set her bag down and have a look around.

Which is exactly what she did. After placing her bag on one of the many benches, the third year proceeding to wander from photo to photo taking in the image of each tattoo. The colors and design all being carefully considered. Some catching her eye a little more than others.

Ah, there was Peralta! Lia gave her a warm smile as she made her way over to the bench where her bag was and sat down. All of her attention now on the professor, this was a topic she wanted to know more about. Tattoos were interesting, she liked them. Maybe she would get one. Or several. She raised her hand waiting to be called on. "There's the Chakra, it's meant to warn the wearer of impending danger." Definitely a tattoo that would be extremely useful around here.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline  
Old 09-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #17 (permalink)


DERP & DMC
Jarvey
 
Granger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 615

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tadhg O'Neill
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Starson
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Magical Creatures
Default Been here all along!
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Walking into the classroom, Tadhg stopped for a second and looked around a bit confused, where they in Charms class or a tattoo parlor? None the less, his attention were turned to the pictures observing them from afar, from the colors to the detail of them he was fascinated by them. His father had a couple of tattoos of his own, one of a dragon and one of a Dragon and a Phoenix like his mother had. Seeing Lia he walked up to her and smiled. "Pretty fascinating huh? Think it's interesting how sone has a story behind them."


Setting his bag down beside Lia's he walked closer to the pictures and looked at them. Now that he was closer quite a few of them he wouldn't mind getting once he was older like the Phoenix one. Although to charm it to move and fly that would be wicked! Looking for Professor Peralta he didn't see her but knew she was somewhere.


Listen to the question and taking notes he raised his hand waiting to be called on. "I don't know if this is true but I heard the Egyptians had tattoos that dated back to ancient Egypt ." He didn't know if that was true, but if it was that was ages and ages ago. He wondered how people did tattoos back in the day or in ancient times, he was curious now.
__________________
Granger Danger is offline  
Old 09-22-2021, 06:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 12,928

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Adam was sooo loud! Did he know? She turned to make a silly face at him, only to scrunch her nose when he suggested she should get that scary merperson tattoo. Ew!!! "I'll get that one if you tattoo my face on your butt." All in all? A fair trade, she thought. She'd really do it too, if he were to pull through on his end of the deal. In any case, she tugged on his robes in attempt to pull him towards her bench when Professor Peralta walked in and started class.

In truth, Kins didn't know too much about tattoos. Sometimes she drew herself tattoos all over her skin, but those were just temporary and amateur and she drew them with pens so. It was different. She hadn't seriously contemplated getting an actual tattoo yet. She was still too young for that. Probably. But something Claudine said tugged on allllllll her curiosities and before she knew it, her hand was high up in the air.

"Hi, Professor," she started with a tiny smile because she hadn't had the chance to say that yet. "If a wizard has moving tattoos, what happens when they're around muggles?" That'd be a dead giveaway!
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 09-23-2021, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DIMC
Erkling
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 20,959

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Randall Stavros
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

What was it with art and lessons this term? V had actually noticed it because of her dad being an artist and all. A sculpturist, furniture-artist...kind of artist. "Hey, Lisa," she said a little grumpily before Peralta began class. People had stuff to say that V was surprised she knew! Chalk it up to her parents, probably.

And while Kinsay James had a pretty interesting question that V was eager to know the answer to, she raised her own hand to offer her two cents. "Well, I think tattoos are dumb. They're PERMANENT. Who wants art PERMANENTLY on their skin?" and she made a DISGOOOOOSTED face.

That was totally a fact. Totally.
__________________
hiss.__________________________________________________ _BOOM.

hiss.
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-23-2021, 12:51 AM   #20 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,516

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Tattoo knowledge? Evan didn't actually have a lot of that, just that he thought that they looked really cool. But he did remembering from his piercings the shop talking about how important cleanliness was, so he raised his hand to offer remarks on that and waited until it was his turn to speak. "It's really important to go to a reputable shop when someone wants to GET a tattoo. The art is important to like, but even more so you can look up health records for shops to confirm they are good on cleanliness of their needles for the ink and sanitation for the stations. This is really important because you CAN get infections from an unclean space."

Not that friends couldn't be clean too but... he'd rather stick to shops.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 09-23-2021, 01:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,766

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Oooh, maybe they were gonna give each other temporary and moving tattoos? That would be super cool. Professor Peralta was super cool. Phoebe let her eyes drift from the professor back to her tattoo selections, listening as her classmates offered varied opinions on tattoos in general. Some liked them, some hated them.

Strong opinions about things other people were doing to their own bodies. Weirdos.

"Tattoos are a form of self expression. I realize they are permanent, but they're also art. And fashion. They're just this cool intersection."
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 09-23-2021, 02:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,379

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

THIS LESSON WAS THE BEST EVER. Ash stared at the phoenix tattoo, staring at it with adoration. ”I’m going to get a tattoo as soon as I’m old enough, Lisa. I want a phoenix, just a nonmoving one. I want one like that.” She moved over to Heath, her pretend big brother. ”I like that one. I want one. I already sort of have one. See? She showed him her temporary phoenix tattoo. She had kept it on by reapplying it for AGES.

“I really like your lesson so far, Professor.” She pointedly looked anywhere other than at V and her rude opinions. “Tattoos aren’t for everyone, but they are definitely for me. I want a lot of tattoos. Which isn’t dumb, it’s a personal choice.” Right, right, the question. Right. “People can get tattoos for lots of different reasons. Like to remember something or someone. Or something else symbolic, like that phoenix over there that I would love to have. It’s also okay to have a tattoo just for fun.”

Ash loved tattoos. Did it show? Probably, since she was still staring at the phoenix like it was her soulmate.
astrocat is offline  
Old 09-23-2021, 03:17 AM   #23 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Deezerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 7,420

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo C. Alvarez
Law Enforcement
x8
Default
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

That was very RUDE V Gellar!

Serena shot her a frown. Yeah, yeah. She was entitled to her own opinion but her friend didn't have to wear that disgooooosting FACE. Serena thought tattoos were nice. Her parents had some. Identical to the last etch. They were also magical and served as more than just art.

AnyWAY. The redhead raised her arm. "Spies use tattoos as a form of communication. Muggles use signatures in them, which could vary from a slight design change. Or in magical cases, they can move to reveal hidden codes in the tattoo."

Not that her parents had those specific ones.
__________________
Deezerz is offline  
Old 09-23-2021, 06:47 AM   #24 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,029

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Art. Somehow, lots of lessons seemed to be connected to art lately. Val found that rather interesting. But, aaaanyway. She listened to her classmates offer their answers - one or two seemed to hate tattoos, which is a little extreme - before raising her hand.

"I think they look super cool!! But, they are permanent so if one isn't sure about getting a tattoo.. they shouldn't go for it." Maybe she'll get one someday, when she's old enough. A tattoo definitely related to dance, for sure. Where, though? Hmmm.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 09-24-2021, 12:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,858

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath smiled back at Claudine and then at Ash as she moved closer to him. It was nice to see his younger housemate so enthusiastic! “Nice tattoo,” he said, glancing at the one Ash showed him. “Would you want your phoenix tattoo to be red and gold like that one-” he gestured to the tattoo picture. “-or did you have some other color in mind?” Personally, he thought a blue and silver phoenix tattoo would look pretty cool!

His eyes fell to the compass tattoo Claudine pointed out. “That is a nice one,” he agreed. “I like the use of color.” He vaguely wondered if Claudine had ever considered getting a tattoo similar to that one, but before he could ask, he jumped slightly at the sound of Professor Peralta’s voice. When did she get here? He hadn’t seen her come in! Had she been here the whole time?

Following Claudine and Ash, he took his seat on the bench just in time to hear Peralta’s opening remarks. Yes, tattoos did seem a bit of an unusual topic for a charms lesson, but it made sense once the professor explained it. He considered the question carefully. What did he know about tattoos? Admittedly not much. He knew his uncle had one of a dragon, and he knew how a muggle tattoo machine worked; that was about all he knew. After tentatively raising his hand, he said, “There’s one type of magical tattoo, the conscience tattoo. It’s done in black ink and burns when the wearer does something morally wrong.” The only reason he knew that was because that was the kind of tattoo his uncle had, but that was beside the point!
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196