sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 496 users online including...
Bogdanoza , Harron Peasley , Betseydiete , Bogdancph

6 members
490 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Middle Floors > Charms


Charms Learn all your basic charms and some special ones as well!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-11-2024, 11:03 PM
Charely Potter Charely Potter is offline
 
Default Charms: It's a Blast!

It was the beginning of October. The skies were somewhat cloudy and cool, yet still sunny enough for one to not need a jumper. Meeting out on the grounds, there was a good view of the garden and duck pond from here. But where was Professor Feirgrund? He was standing near the abandoned Hut, where the canopy housed the blackboard, some seats, and a chest on the table. Was this a lecture day? It appeared so, but the surroundings suggested otherwise.

Where are we at?

Q1 - Greetings + First question.
A1 - Replies + First practice
A2 - Continue practice + Treasure Hunt


---
OOC: Welcome! Class has already begun, but you can jump right in posting as if they were here all along. While this is the first RP class, IC-wise there have been many beforehand. Be sure to check the rules & canon info if not familiar before settling in.
Old 05-18-2024, 02:57 PM   #51 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,470

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post


Bouncing in place, Anna relooped her arm around Tinkerbell Aurora's and tugged her forward. They were going to do this task together, right? Although, with Solomon and Ezra so close to them too they ought to just be a quartet! "Why don't we all work together?That way we'll find the treasure more quickly," she suggested while twirilng her wand between her fingers... and then promptly dropping it on the ground because her hand to eye coordination was still not stellar. "I'm going to go check that pile of leaves!"

And off she went at a skipping sprint (without Aurora in hand because she did not want to hurt Aurora's arm but DID hope Aurora would check an area close to where she was!) and when she was close enough to said pile of leaves...she flopped on to it. Not just a flop but an arms stretched out to both sides gleeful fall into the pile of leaves because leaf piles just had to be fallen into! Thankfully the Hufflepuffle knew how to do this without scraping up her knees and such, so she quickly bounced back on to her knees with an armful of leaves that she then threw up into the air. Okay...OKAY...she had had her fun and now was the time to return to the treasure hunt at hand. Therefore, crawling a bit on her hands and knees, Anna peered into the bush and moved around the leaves on the ground in front of and around the bush to look for a treasure box. "Where or where is the treasure box...or where or where can it beeeeeeeeeeeeee?" she sung softly.

Also, it was so confusing hearing someone else being called Duck that WASN'T Solomon.

Oh...WAIT...was that the chest there in the bush? Or...was it just a lot of branches and leaves twisted together that made her think it was a chest because of a trick of the light?
Their enthusiasm with scooping a pile of leaves happened to contain a few tiny boxes. Just enough for them. They all flew into the air with the leaves before settling into another stack of leaves. One was revealed after some rummaging near the bush. One found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Overhearing both Aryan and Drake giving her a little praise for successfully opening the chest and retrieving a parchement gave her confidence a small boost. The Cistem Aperio wasn't easy to master and Emmeline was by no means an expert yet. Hopefully with more practice she'd get more confident with the new charms spell.

Several minutes later her next instructions for the sweets hunt was revealed. Emmie was only a teeny tiny bit dissapointed that she weren't going to be searching for sweets in the smale place as Drake and Aryan before she headed off towards the stack of hay with her trusty wand in hand. She doubted that she'd just find some sweets, probably bertie bott beans by just searching with her hands. Coming to a stop by the stack of hay Emmie went down on her knees and began searching amongst the hay wondering to herself where could the box of sweets be?
Lucky for them, this wasn't a needle to be found, but a simple box. Eventually, it was found and ready to be opened.
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 05-18-2024, 05:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod


Chizpurfle
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hazbin Hotel
Posts: 10,980

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year
Default B3 - Behind the hut
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
Look alive, look below. For not too high up, was a brown box sitting pretty on the window sil. Looks reachable but is it teachable?
After scanning the roof for several moments, Sydney concluded that the prize box was not up there. Good, she didn't want to go through the trouble of reaching for something up that high! As she looked lower, she spotted a box sitting in plain sight on the windowsill. That looked promising!

A thought occurred to her before she could reach for the box. It couldn't be that easy, could it? Maybe there was more than one box hidden to throw her off. Was this the right one? Only one way to find out…

She left the box where it was for now, just in case it was the wrong one and contained something disgusting or dangerous. Brandishing her wand, she aimed it at the box where it sat and made the connected C & V wand movement. ”Cistem Aperio!” she cast, eagerly anticipating the blast to follow.
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 05-18-2024, 07:49 PM   #53 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod



Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 16,330

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default C2 - Inside the Hut
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Our partner for the task!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Oh good.

Ary’s spirit lifted when Drake was able to partner with him, and mostly because they had ended up with the same spot to hunt. This duo always made a proper team {as Ary did with Bry} so he was quite sure that they’ll be able to locate the prize. “Here we go then.” Keen to escape the great outdoors, he hurried to the door of the hut and pushed it open. It creaked a bit, most likely because of lack of use. Light poured in through the windows - which Ary made a mental note to avoid should Bry catch sight of him. But mostly, here’s to hoping she didn’t end up here at the same time as him.

“Professors always think sweets are the best. I guess it’s the easiest prize since most like them.” Ary could go for sours though. He paused, surveying the hut. “A dark creature, maybe?” On second thought… “Just joking, Duck. Didn’t mean to scare you.” The hut though... “Looks cozy, doesn’t it? Shall we start searching? Behind the chairs, under the tables, in the cupboards. Basically anywhere that looks like a hiding place.” Ary had headed for the cupboards when an idea occurred to him. "Think we can Summon the box?"


Drake followed along after Aryan, also keeping quiet to not disturb their other classmates. Though a glance back at Bryony had him proper concerned too, considering he didn't recall ever seeing her struggle so much with a singular spell. Charms wasn't his forte so he knew he wouldn't be any help, and he wasn't quite certain she'd want him to try anyways. And considering Ary was not already beside her assisting... well, he supposed it wasn't his business to say anything. So with a quick concentration of good vibes towards his house mate (he was certain she could do it!!) he disappeared into the hut as well.

The creak of the door was distracting, and a bit eerie, and Drake eyed it suspiciouly as he moved further inside. "It's probably easy and cheap too. There are a LOT of students." He replied as well, stepping around the room to look here and there to see if a chest would just... magically jump out at him. Which... "Accio might be a good idea! It's worth a shot isn't it?" He replied back, though Drake made no move to pull out his wand as he instead followed the previous suggestions offered by his friend, bending a couple places to peer underneath some items inside. It was only when he moved closer to the cupboard that he heard another creaaaaak and Drake snapped his head around towards the door again. Which... didn't appear to be opening. ".... Did you hear that? Maybe you aren't wrong about dark creatures."
__________________
_________ _________________________________________

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 05-18-2024, 08:16 PM   #54 (permalink)



Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15,778

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

"Oi! Come on!"

This was so unfair and very unlike her to be struggling the way that she was. With so many tries failed, Bry moved to the back of the line to wait her turn.. again. Watching as one by one those in front of her (students younger than herself!) managed to get the box open.

When her turn came around for a second time, the third year stepped forward and aimed her wand at the box. ”Cistem Aperio!, Cistem Aperio!" Both times, nothing. What was she doing wrong? She was focusing now. The wand movement was still perfect and she had FINALLY gotten the incantation down. ”Cistem Aperio!” Open! This was so unfair. She tried again before returning AGAIN to the back of the line.

While at the back of the line, Bry tried to calm down. Take slow deep breaths and trying to completely clear her mind of everything before she got to the front of the line again. That way when it was her turn for the THIRD time, she was able to visualize the box opening, feel it opening as she aimed her wand at the box and spoke clearly. ”Cistem Aperio!” The lock suddenly sprung open and the lid snapped back, a slip of parchment fluttering to the floor. After so many precious failed attempts, Bry stood there for a second in brief surprise before rushing forward and snatching up the parchment.

Stepping aside and slipping her wand back into its holster, the small blonde opened her hand to look at where she would be headed off to search. Quack in front of the pond? With the ducks? Duck. Sigh. Wonderful. Of course she would get that one. Not that she had anything against the birds, she loved them.. just.. well.. it didn't matter. Grumbling under her breath, she made her way towards the pond to NOT be a duck.

Quack!
__________________
Days of Potter 2023:___________________________ Which Bertie Botts Flavour Are You?

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline  
Old 05-18-2024, 10:22 PM   #55 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,470

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post


After scanning the roof for several moments, Sydney concluded that the prize box was not up there. Good, she didn't want to go through the trouble of reaching for something up that high! As she looked lower, she spotted a box sitting in plain sight on the windowsill. That looked promising!

A thought occurred to her before she could reach for the box. It couldn't be that easy, could it? Maybe there was more than one box hidden to throw her off. Was this the right one? Only one way to find out…

She left the box where it was for now, just in case it was the wrong one and contained something disgusting or dangerous. Brandishing her wand, she aimed it at the box where it sat and made the connected C & V wand movement. ”Cistem Aperio!” she cast, eagerly anticipating the blast to follow.
Being cautious was wise, though not necessary in this case. The box began shaking before landing on the grass and-

BANG

The lid flipped off, revealing a wand. But not any wand. A Licorice wand. Enjoy your prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Drake followed along after Aryan, also keeping quiet to not disturb their other classmates. Though a glance back at Bryony had him proper concerned too, considering he didn't recall ever seeing her struggle so much with a singular spell. Charms wasn't his forte so he knew he wouldn't be any help, and he wasn't quite certain she'd want him to try anyways. And considering Ary was not already beside her assisting... well, he supposed it wasn't his business to say anything. So with a quick concentration of good vibes towards his house mate (he was certain she could do it!!) he disappeared into the hut as well.

The creak of the door was distracting, and a bit eerie, and Drake eyed it suspiciouly as he moved further inside. "It's probably easy and cheap too. There are a LOT of students." He replied as well, stepping around the room to look here and there to see if a chest would just... magically jump out at him. Which... "Accio might be a good idea! It's worth a shot isn't it?" He replied back, though Drake made no move to pull out his wand as he instead followed the previous suggestions offered by his friend, bending a couple places to peer underneath some items inside. It was only when he moved closer to the cupboard that he heard another creaaaaak and Drake snapped his head around towards the door again. Which... didn't appear to be opening. ".... Did you hear that? Maybe you aren't wrong about dark creatures."
Maybe there was something or maybe there was nothing. Well, nothing dangerous. The floorboard below one of the student's foot seemed to cave in slightly on the last step, making the creak even louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
"Oi! Come on!"

This was so unfair and very unlike her to be struggling the way that she was. With so many tries failed, Bry moved to the back of the line to wait her turn.. again. Watching as one by one those in front of her (students younger than herself!) managed to get the box open.

When her turn came around for a second time, the third year stepped forward and aimed her wand at the box. ”Cistem Aperio!, Cistem Aperio!" Both times, nothing. What was she doing wrong? She was focusing now. The wand movement was still perfect and she had FINALLY gotten the incantation down. ”Cistem Aperio!” Open! This was so unfair. She tried again before returning AGAIN to the back of the line.

While at the back of the line, Bry tried to calm down. Take slow deep breaths and trying to completely clear her mind of everything before she got to the front of the line again. That way when it was her turn for the THIRD time, she was able to visualize the box opening, feel it opening as she aimed her wand at the box and spoke clearly. ”Cistem Aperio!” The lock suddenly sprung open and the lid snapped back, a slip of parchment fluttering to the floor. After so many precious failed attempts, Bry stood there for a second in brief surprise before rushing forward and snatching up the parchment.

Stepping aside and slipping her wand back into its holster, the small blonde opened her hand to look at where she would be headed off to search. Quack in front of the pond? With the ducks? Duck. Sigh. Wonderful. Of course she would get that one. Not that she had anything against the birds, she loved them.. just.. well.. it didn't matter. Grumbling under her breath, she made her way towards the pond to NOT be a duck.

Quack!
The ducks were minding their own business, when a quack gained their attention. Not seeing another duck, they continued on to swim in the pond with a splash. Something seemed to be floating at the edge of the pond where the pack of ducks once were. Could it be?
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 01:17 AM   #56 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 212,898

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Drake! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Drake followed along after Aryan, also keeping quiet to not disturb their other classmates. Though a glance back at Bryony had him proper concerned too, considering he didn't recall ever seeing her struggle so much with a singular spell. Charms wasn't his forte so he knew he wouldn't be any help, and he wasn't quite certain she'd want him to try anyways. And considering Ary was not already beside her assisting... well, he supposed it wasn't his business to say anything. So with a quick concentration of good vibes towards his house mate (he was certain she could do it!!) he disappeared into the hut as well.

The creak of the door was distracting, and a bit eerie, and Drake eyed it suspiciouly as he moved further inside. "It's probably easy and cheap too. There are a LOT of students." He replied as well, stepping around the room to look here and there to see if a chest would just... magically jump out at him. Which... "Accio might be a good idea! It's worth a shot isn't it?" He replied back, though Drake made no move to pull out his wand as he instead followed the previous suggestions offered by his friend, bending a couple places to peer underneath some items inside. It was only when he moved closer to the cupboard that he heard another creaaaaak and Drake snapped his head around towards the door again. Which... didn't appear to be opening. ".... Did you hear that? Maybe you aren't wrong about dark creatures."

Aryan would always appreciate Drake for being nice to Bry even if she didn’t care for the Herbology lover right now. He just hoped that the icky situation he had gotten the three of them into would miraculously clear up and that things would go back to normal. But in the meanwhile, there was this treasure hunt situation that needed to be sorted out.

Why was it so creaky in here? He bet if Professor Khanna had taken up residence, the place would have been far less creepy. It now had him thinking of haunted houses and Halloween parties. “Good point, Duck. I reckon the professors buy in bulk to get discounted prices.” Grinning at his own wittiness, Ary announced that the cupboard was a bust. “I’m not that good with the Summoning Charm as yet but I can give it a try.” The Slytherin paused, wand in hand. “I think it’s our movements that are causing the creaking. You okay though? Need to hold my hand or anything?” Listen, Ary couldn’t help be a little flirty with Drake, okay?

“Oh yeah, almost forgot. Let me try the Charm.” The wand was raised. “Accio box!’’
__________________
🌺🌺🌺 I fall in love with boys I see on a TV screen.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 04:01 AM   #57 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic


Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,478

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default {target: C3, bush with most leaves on the ground}
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
Their enthusiasm with scooping a pile of leaves happened to contain a few tiny boxes. Just enough for them. They all flew into the air with the leaves before settling into another stack of leaves. One was revealed after some rummaging near the bush. One found.
Anna was, admittedly, too busy enjoying the autumn joy that was playing with and in leaves to notice that some of them were heavier than others and also very much NOT leaves at all. Some of the gentle thuds ought to have alerted her howeeeeever by the time such a thought crossed her mind she was already peeking through the bush. Probably for the best since she found precisely what she was looking for and let out a shrill but delighted squeal. This was, of course, only step one of several and of those required steps proooooooooooooooobably the easiest for her.

"Okay...okay...okayokayokayokayokay," she chirped to herself. Her tone implied that she was giving herself a sort of pep talk but it was a not a particularly good one and required a bit more focus. Something for Anna to consider for another day and another treasure hunt when she was feeling incredibly excited and buzzing. And, maybe also, once she calmed down she may notice the little boxes she had flung all over the place while playing with the leaves. For now...writing some cursive in the air with her wand was the focus. "C....to U...C...to U," she mistakenly repeated to herself while moving her wand in front of the treasure box in the bushes. It really was cruel how similiar V and U looked, you know? "SEES-tem - uh-PAIR-ee-oh!"
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 12:10 PM   #58 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,470

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Aryan would always appreciate Drake for being nice to Bry even if she didn’t care for the Herbology lover right now. He just hoped that the icky situation he had gotten the three of them into would miraculously clear up and that things would go back to normal. But in the meanwhile, there was this treasure hunt situation that needed to be sorted out.

Why was it so creaky in here? He bet if Professor Khanna had taken up residence, the place would have been far less creepy. It now had him thinking of haunted houses and Halloween parties. “Good point, Duck. I reckon the professors buy in bulk to get discounted prices.” Grinning at his own wittiness, Ary announced that the cupboard was a bust. “I’m not that good with the Summoning Charm as yet but I can give it a try.” The Slytherin paused, wand in hand. “I think it’s our movements that are causing the creaking. You okay though? Need to hold my hand or anything?” Listen, Ary couldn’t help be a little flirty with Drake, okay?

“Oh yeah, almost forgot. Let me try the Charm.” The wand was raised. “Accio box!’’
Good question, why was it so creaky in here? It looks like it wasn't maintained properly over the summer. The use of the summoning charm caused the creaky floorboard to wobble before-

BANG

Hope you weren't standing on it, cause it went flying with the box before it sat pretty on the floor. There was also another box in the newly formed hole in the floor. Well, that was one way to reveal them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Anna was, admittedly, too busy enjoying the autumn joy that was playing with and in leaves to notice that some of them were heavier than others and also very much NOT leaves at all. Some of the gentle thuds ought to have alerted her howeeeeever by the time such a thought crossed her mind she was already peeking through the bush. Probably for the best since she found precisely what she was looking for and let out a shrill but delighted squeal. This was, of course, only step one of several and of those required steps proooooooooooooooobably the easiest for her.

"Okay...okay...okayokayokayokayokay," she chirped to herself. Her tone implied that she was giving herself a sort of pep talk but it was a not a particularly good one and required a bit more focus. Something for Anna to consider for another day and another treasure hunt when she was feeling incredibly excited and buzzing. And, maybe also, once she calmed down she may notice the little boxes she had flung all over the place while playing with the leaves. For now...writing some cursive in the air with her wand was the focus. "C....to U...C...to U," she mistakenly repeated to herself while moving her wand in front of the treasure box in the bushes. It really was cruel how similiar V and U looked, you know? "SEES-tem - uh-PAIR-ee-oh!"
The box began to shake, it heard the spell right. You could feel the anticipation before-

COUGH

The box coughed up a bunch of leaves in the direction of the caster, before the lid sealed right back. So close, yet not quite right.
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 01:35 PM   #59 (permalink)


Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,988

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection
x3
Default D1 - Stack of hay
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
Lucky for them, this wasn't a needle to be found, but a simple box. Eventually, it was found and ready to be opened.
On her knees Emmeline rummaged through the hay for a hint of a box or chest of some sort because where else was Professor F going to have hidden the candy? After a while she paused to pull away some damp strands of hair out of her face feeling like she was searching for a needle in a very big hay stack when she struck gold or really found the box. Pushing the hay away she uncovered the sweets box more and more. Unholstering her wand she eyed the box for a moment thoughtfully before getting to work. "SEES-tem - uh-PAIR-ee-oh!" Emmeline casted firmly together with the CV combined wandmovement. She then crawled backwards a few steps in case something fishy would come out of the box if it opened. How long before she'd know if she needed to cast the spell again or not?
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 02:04 PM   #60 (permalink)



Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15,778

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
The ducks were minding their own business, when a quack gained their attention. Not seeing another duck, they continued on to swim in the pond with a splash. Something seemed to be floating at the edge of the pond where the pack of ducks once were. Could it be?
Having been so distracted with her own failures, Bry had been completely unaware of the glances she had received from Drake as he had went along his way. Had she known that he also had felt bad for her, well.. she wouldn't have liked it. She didn't like others feeling sorry for her. The offer of assistance may have gone over alright, had it been offered.. but it hadn't. From either Ary or him. Which led her to only feeling more agitated at that time but it was what it was. Added fuel to the already burning fire.

It turned out that she didn't need anyone's help in the end. It may have taken her much longer than everyone else but she had gotten there. There now being at the duck pond watching the ducks stare at her like she was crazy for quacking at them. And maybe she was.. but in her defense that's what her slip of parchment had told her to do!

Blue eyes followed the ducks as they swam through the water away from her leaving behind.. was that.. it was! The chest! In the water. Bryony made her way over to the ponds edge and knelt down to try to reach it, only she was too small. But of course she was! It would be much too easy if she could reach it without any trouble. So there she was reaching her hand out as far as she could and creeping slowly forward to try to get to it. It was right there! Just a little more and she could be able to push it closer and grab it!

Come on! Stretch! Think ninja training!

Her fingertips grazed the side of the wooden chest and just as she was about to push it closer and grab it.. the snakette lost her balance and toppled over into the pond with a SPLASH!!

Now that's not what she had in mind! Spluttering as she surfaced through the water, Bry pushed the wet hair that clung to her face back behind her ears. Sighing deeply, she looked around for the chest glad to see it wasn't far from her and grabbed it. Tossing it up onto the embankment she then pushed herself up out of the water and onto dry land again. Not even bothering to get to her feet, she pulled out her wand and aimed it directly at the box near her. Everything she was currently feeling, and that was a whole lot was put into the charm this time. ”Cistem Aperio!" Please work. Please.
__________________
Days of Potter 2023:___________________________ Which Bertie Botts Flavour Are You?

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 03:04 PM   #61 (permalink)


Graphorn
 
Lottiepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: *winks*
Posts: 17,812

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
Default D3 - Shortest Tree
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

If Aurora hadn't known Solomon so well she might’ve been offended by his unnecessary snapping at her. As it so happened, the Ravenclaw was quite used to his grumpiness and didn’t take it completely to heart. Not today anyway. “Okay. Well if you did, I’d let you borrow my gel pens.” She was just being thoughtful. Besides, there was nothing embarrassing about writing a diary, in fact she thought it quite admirable really. Hers would just be a jumble of thoughts that scattered into tangents until she completely forgot what it was she was supposed to be writing about.

Don’t you worry Ezra, Aurora was going to let Anna be sad. She had it aaaaaall under control.

Starting with learning what that animation spell was for the suits of armour. “We can look in the library after lessons.” The library was somewhere that she ironically hadn’t frequented. A Ravenclaw who didn’t like reading books? Who’d of thought! As for Anna’s reassurance (or more lack of) that it wasn’t allergies that were affecting her eyes but awake nightmares? “No. Not that I can recall. But I’m not very good at remembering my dreams so maybe I just can’t remember if I DO have them.” Daydreams yes but they weren’t usually negative. Perhaps she’d suggest that they speak to Professor Feirgrund after the lesson about that, although if they carried on the way that they were chatting they might end up spending unnecessary time with him anyway. “It’s a U? I thought it was a V!” Her face contorted into confusion.

There was no doubt that Aurora would want to work with Anna (and the boys too if they wanted although there was a slight uncomfortable shift in her body language at the blush towards Ezra) so she didn’t complain over being guided by the arm to the next location. As Anna dropped to the ground to check over the leaf pile, Aurora headed towards the small tree very nearby. “Does this one look shortest to you?” She tilted her head up to the tree top before concluding that it was worth a try and tapped the trunk twice with her wand.

Oh and if Aurora was a legilimens, she would be able to inform Anna that the answer was Zarina.
__________________
Lottiepot is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 03:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,470

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
On her knees Emmeline rummaged through the hay for a hint of a box or chest of some sort because where else was Professor F going to have hidden the candy? After a while she paused to pull away some damp strands of hair out of her face feeling like she was searching for a needle in a very big hay stack when she struck gold or really found the box. Pushing the hay away she uncovered the sweets box more and more. Unholstering her wand she eyed the box for a moment thoughtfully before getting to work. "SEES-tem - uh-PAIR-ee-oh!" Emmeline casted firmly together with the CV combined wandmovement. She then crawled backwards a few steps in case something fishy would come out of the box if it opened. How long before she'd know if she needed to cast the spell again or not?
The box immediately began shaking, letting hay sprinkle out as the caster crawled away before-

BANG

The lid flew out before landing, followed by a chocolate bar, presenting itself like a fine dish. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post


Now that's not what she had in mind! Spluttering as she surfaced through the water, Bry pushed the wet hair that clung to her face back behind her ears. Sighing deeply, she looked around for the chest glad to see it wasn't far from her and grabbed it. Tossing it up onto the embankment she then pushed herself up out of the water and onto dry land again. Not even bothering to get to her feet, she pulled out her wand and aimed it directly at the box near her. Everything she was currently feeling, and that was a whole lot was put into the charm this time. ”Cistem Aperio!" Please work. Please.
The box began to shake, safely from the water as some grass kicked up. Before eventually-

BANG

A bag of Fizzing Whizzbees landed right by the lid. Bon Appetite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
If Aurora hadn't known Solomon so well she might’ve been offended by his unnecessary snapping at her. As it so happened, the Ravenclaw was quite used to his grumpiness and didn’t take it completely to heart. Not today anyway. “Okay. Well if you did, I’d let you borrow my gel pens.” She was just being thoughtful. Besides, there was nothing embarrassing about writing a diary, in fact she thought it quite admirable really. Hers would just be a jumble of thoughts that scattered into tangents until she completely forgot what it was she was supposed to be writing about.

Don’t you worry Ezra, Aurora was going to let Anna be sad. She had it aaaaaall under control.

Starting with learning what that animation spell was for the suits of armour. “We can look in the library after lessons.” The library was somewhere that she ironically hadn’t frequented. A Ravenclaw who didn’t like reading books? Who’d of thought! As for Anna’s reassurance (or more lack of) that it wasn’t allergies that were affecting her eyes but awake nightmares? “No. Not that I can recall. But I’m not very good at remembering my dreams so maybe I just can’t remember if I DO have them.” Daydreams yes but they weren’t usually negative. Perhaps she’d suggest that they speak to Professor Feirgrund after the lesson about that, although if they carried on the way that they were chatting they might end up spending unnecessary time with him anyway. “It’s a U? I thought it was a V!” Her face contorted into confusion.

There was no doubt that Aurora would want to work with Anna (and the boys too if they wanted although there was a slight uncomfortable shift in her body language at the blush towards Ezra) so she didn’t complain over being guided by the arm to the next location. As Anna dropped to the ground to check over the leaf pile, Aurora headed towards the small tree very nearby. “Does this one look shortest to you?” She tilted her head up to the tree top before concluding that it was worth a try and tapped the trunk twice with her wand.

Oh and if Aurora was a legilimens, she would be able to inform Anna that the answer was Zarina.
With a wiggle and a giggle, the trunk happily dropped a box from one of the branches a mere few inches from the caster's toes. Close call, now what could be inside?
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 05-19-2024, 04:11 PM   #63 (permalink)
Moderator
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod




Doxy
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 6,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default One more day left
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •


While Feirgrund was observing the students, majority were doing their best and he approved. There was a minor chance for accidents as he could hear a splash from the distance. "One moment, keep on at it," Turning from the students still working on the main chest on the table in line temporarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Having been so distracted with her own failures, Bry had been completely unaware of the glances she had received from Drake as he had went along his way. Had she known that he also had felt bad for her, well.. she wouldn't have liked it. She didn't like others feeling sorry for her. The offer of assistance may have gone over alright, had it been offered.. but it hadn't. From either Ary or him. Which led her to only feeling more agitated at that time but it was what it was. Added fuel to the already burning fire.

It turned out that she didn't need anyone's help in the end. It may have taken her much longer than everyone else but she had gotten there. There now being at the duck pond watching the ducks stare at her like she was crazy for quacking at them. And maybe she was.. but in her defense that's what her slip of parchment had told her to do!

Blue eyes followed the ducks as they swam through the water away from her leaving behind.. was that.. it was! The chest! In the water. Bryony made her way over to the ponds edge and knelt down to try to reach it, only she was too small. But of course she was! It would be much too easy if she could reach it without any trouble. So there she was reaching her hand out as far as she could and creeping slowly forward to try to get to it. It was right there! Just a little more and she could be able to push it closer and grab it!

Come on! Stretch! Think ninja training!

Her fingertips grazed the side of the wooden chest and just as she was about to push it closer and grab it.. the snakette lost her balance and toppled over into the pond with a SPLASH!!

Now that's not what she had in mind! Spluttering as she surfaced through the water, Bry pushed the wet hair that clung to her face back behind her ears. Sighing deeply, she looked around for the chest glad to see it wasn't far from her and grabbed it. Tossing it up onto the embankment she then pushed herself up out of the water and onto dry land again. Not even bothering to get to her feet, she pulled out her wand and aimed it directly at the box near her. Everything she was currently feeling, and that was a whole lot was put into the charm this time. ”Cistem Aperio!" Please work. Please.
Well, here we were. Whilst they weren't dry at all, they were still successful, "Well done, Miss Paton... are you alright?" It felt more prudent to acknowledge their accomplishment before any mistakes. "You're welcome back to the seat with your prize and I'll perform a heat charm on you if you'd like," He would normally do it immediately, but perhaps they wanted to enjoy their treat. Especially with how quickly chocolate would melt under a heat charm.

Eventually, Feirgrund returned to the class, time was growing short as he went about to inform the students. "You're all doing great, and congratulations to those who earned their prize. If you would like to attempt another treat or help others, you're welcome to do so. Otherwise, keep on at it."


---
OOC: Hey all, you're all doing splendid! You have one more day to participate before we close on up. Any questions feel free to ask/vm/pm me.

__________________


Charely Potter is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 01:11 AM   #64 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod



Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 16,330

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Ary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Aryan would always appreciate Drake for being nice to Bry even if she didn’t care for the Herbology lover right now. He just hoped that the icky situation he had gotten the three of them into would miraculously clear up and that things would go back to normal. But in the meanwhile, there was this treasure hunt situation that needed to be sorted out.

Why was it so creaky in here? He bet if Professor Khanna had taken up residence, the place would have been far less creepy. It now had him thinking of haunted houses and Halloween parties. “Good point, Duck. I reckon the professors buy in bulk to get discounted prices.” Grinning at his own wittiness, Ary announced that the cupboard was a bust. “I’m not that good with the Summoning Charm as yet but I can give it a try.” The Slytherin paused, wand in hand. “I think it’s our movements that are causing the creaking. You okay though? Need to hold my hand or anything?” Listen, Ary couldn’t help be a little flirty with Drake, okay?

“Oh yeah, almost forgot. Let me try the Charm.” The wand was raised. “Accio box!’’


Despite his trepidation at the weird noises and everything of where they were, Drake couldn't help the small burst of laughter at Aryan's words. That WAS a funny idea, wasn't it? He wondered if that was actually the truth of it. Or did the house elves actually make all of the treats and just reused recycled papers from other treats? That would be quite thrifty of them all as well. "We should ask them." He replied instead, a small twinkle in his eye indicating he didn't think that was actually a necessary step.

"I'm sure you're selling yourself short!" Drake replied instinctually, though he meant it sincerely as well. Ary was a LOT smarter than himself and he was certain that even if it took an attempt or two, he'd get the hang of the charm. Listen, while it might have been said flirtily, Drake (who was a natural touchy-feely person and a scaredy cat) absolutely would have taken him up on the offer. Except before the boy could actually answer, or move towards him, he felt wood cave under one of his feet slightly. Thankfully for Drake, he had noticed that - which gave him just enough time to leap off to the sideways when Aryan cast accio and both floorboards and a chest went flying from the ground to land on the floor. Well.... that did work didn't it?

"See! I told you your charm would work!" He replied, a beam of pride at his friend's accomplishment before Drake glanced down and saw another chest still in the hole as well. "Oh, there's two!" He said happily, grabbing his own wand and creating the CV in the air as he said, "Cistem Aperio!"
__________________
_________ _________________________________________

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 02:04 AM   #65 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Clabbert
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 19,300

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

x7 x1
Default A1 - duck pond
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Well...Anna seemed okay now, even if the mention to Aurora of nightmares during the day was in fact concerning. But she was behaving more like her usual self as the lesson went on, so maybe she was fine now. At least fine enough to continue with class and not need to go to the hospital wing or something like that.

So Ezra finally turned his attention more fully on spell practice. Even though he hadn't been very focused on his wand movement, it still did feel a little easier to pair it with the incantation. A couple of mumbled "SEES-tem uh-PAIR-ee-oh"s and then another couple said along with the wand movement, and he felt confident enough to try on the box.

The Gryffindor took his spot in front of the pirate chest, aimed his wand, followed the wand movement of a C into a V, and said, "Cistem Aperio."

And...it opened! Great. Would've been real embarrassing for him if it hadn't.

Ezra grabbed the piece of parchment inside and...a treasure hunt? He didn't feel like a Seer for having mentioned pirates and treasure before, but if it got Anna to smile like that, then he'd take the wins where he could.

It was clear that she and Aurora immediately wanted to work together, which meant... His eyes involuntarily went to Solomon before looking away again. The four of them together would be doable, he supposed, but he wasn't partnering one-on-one with him.

Though actually...he probably ought to check his parchment to see where he was even supposed to go.

The duck pond. Hmm...

"Mine's over there," was all he could say before Anna and then Aurora were off, presumably heading for the locations on their pieces of parchment. So he did the same, heading towards the duck pond.

Which he had to...quack in front of? How similar to the actual quack of a duck did it have to be? Was saying the word enough? Hmm... "Quack."
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 11:47 AM   #66 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,470

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Despite his trepidation at the weird noises and everything of where they were, Drake couldn't help the small burst of laughter at Aryan's words. That WAS a funny idea, wasn't it? He wondered if that was actually the truth of it. Or did the house elves actually make all of the treats and just reused recycled papers from other treats? That would be quite thrifty of them all as well. "We should ask them." He replied instead, a small twinkle in his eye indicating he didn't think that was actually a necessary step.

"I'm sure you're selling yourself short!" Drake replied instinctually, though he meant it sincerely as well. Ary was a LOT smarter than himself and he was certain that even if it took an attempt or two, he'd get the hang of the charm. Listen, while it might have been said flirtily, Drake (who was a natural touchy-feely person and a scaredy cat) absolutely would have taken him up on the offer. Except before the boy could actually answer, or move towards him, he felt wood cave under one of his feet slightly. Thankfully for Drake, he had noticed that - which gave him just enough time to leap off to the sideways when Aryan cast accio and both floorboards and a chest went flying from the ground to land on the floor. Well.... that did work didn't it?

"See! I told you your charm would work!" He replied, a beam of pride at his friend's accomplishment before Drake glanced down and saw another chest still in the hole as well. "Oh, there's two!" He said happily, grabbing his own wand and creating the CV in the air as he said, "Cistem Aperio!"
With a little shake, the box seemed to react to the charm before-

BANG

The lid flew off with a bag of Sherbert Lemon appearing, landing on top of the closed lid. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Well...Anna seemed okay now, even if the mention to Aurora of nightmares during the day was in fact concerning. But she was behaving more like her usual self as the lesson went on, so maybe she was fine now. At least fine enough to continue with class and not need to go to the hospital wing or something like that.

So Ezra finally turned his attention more fully on spell practice. Even though he hadn't been very focused on his wand movement, it still did feel a little easier to pair it with the incantation. A couple of mumbled "SEES-tem uh-PAIR-ee-oh"s and then another couple said along with the wand movement, and he felt confident enough to try on the box.

The Gryffindor took his spot in front of the pirate chest, aimed his wand, followed the wand movement of a C into a V, and said, "Cistem Aperio."

And...it opened! Great. Would've been real embarrassing for him if it hadn't.

Ezra grabbed the piece of parchment inside and...a treasure hunt? He didn't feel like a Seer for having mentioned pirates and treasure before, but if it got Anna to smile like that, then he'd take the wins where he could.

It was clear that she and Aurora immediately wanted to work together, which meant... His eyes involuntarily went to Solomon before looking away again. The four of them together would be doable, he supposed, but he wasn't partnering one-on-one with him.

Though actually...he probably ought to check his parchment to see where he was even supposed to go.

The duck pond. Hmm...

"Mine's over there," was all he could say before Anna and then Aurora were off, presumably heading for the locations on their pieces of parchment. So he did the same, heading towards the duck pond.

Which he had to...quack in front of? How similar to the actual quack of a duck did it have to be? Was saying the word enough? Hmm... "Quack."
The ducks had since returned to the pond from the earlier incident. They heard the quack, and began waddling over to the sound. Seeing a human, they continued on their marry way to another portion of the pond. At the edge where they appeared though seemed to be something floating. Could it be?
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 06:32 PM   #67 (permalink)



Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15,778

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
The box began to shake, safely from the water as some grass kicked up. Before eventually-

BANG

A bag of Fizzing Whizzbees landed right by the lid. Bon Appetit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

While Feirgrund was observing the students, majority were doing their best and he approved. There was a minor chance for accidents as he could hear a splash from the distance. "One moment, keep on at it," Turning from the students still working on the main chest on the table in line temporarily.

Well, here we were. Whilst they weren't dry at all, they were still successful, "Well done, Miss Paton... are you alright?" It felt more prudent to acknowledge their accomplishment before any mistakes. "You're welcome back to the seat with your prize and I'll perform a heat charm on you if you'd like," He would normally do it immediately, but perhaps they wanted to enjoy their treat. Especially with how quickly chocolate would melt under a heat charm.

Eventually, Feirgrund returned to the class, time was growing short as he went about to inform the students. "You're all doing great, and congratulations to those who earned their prize. If you would like to attempt another treat or help others, you're welcome to do so. Otherwise, keep on at it."
Well this was certainly something new. Seeing the box shake itself free of water was kinda cute in a funny sorta way. It actually made her crack a tiny smile for the first time all lesson. Until suddenly out of seemly nowhere at all there was that startling BANG!

Yep, it had surprised her. Moreso the fact that it has actually worked than anything else. And her prize was a bag of fizzing whizzbees! That went and made things a tad better. Collecting her candy, Bry was just getting to her feet and Professor Fairgrund had walked over. "Thank you, Professor. I'm alright.. just took a little tumble." Which was clearly obvious since she was soaked. "I'll head back to my seat for now." The heating charm could wait a bit longer if anyone asked her the candy was a bit more important right now.

So no one pay her any mind as she trudged her way back to her seat and sat down still dripping wet.
__________________
Days of Potter 2023:___________________________ Which Bertie Botts Flavour Are You?

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 09:14 PM   #68 (permalink)



Quintaped
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in my head [GMT-6]
Posts: 58,676

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Third Year

x12 x8
Default D1 - in the stack of the hay
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Emma watched as her classmates stepped up to the chest before her in practice with the spell. When it was finally her turn, she took a moment to collect her thoughts as she moved her wand in the C and V formation. Easy enough and kind of elegant when she thought about it. "Cistem Aperio!" the chest opening and a parchment flying out of it. It worked. Although not quite confident she could do it again, but she'd surely have to try ...

Seeing Drake and Ary head off in one direction, Emma followed Emmie instead towards the stack of hay. Emmie seemed to have luck in finding a box, so perhaps there was more than one box there? She knelt down to rummage through the haystack, wondering how far she'd have to dig through the hay to find something ...
__________________

___________________You should take your little finger and just point it in the mirror.
________________________________________Baby, maybe you're the problem
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 09:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod


Chizpurfle
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hazbin Hotel
Posts: 10,980

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
Being cautious was wise, though not necessary in this case. The box began shaking before landing on the grass and-

BANG

The lid flipped off, revealing a wand. But not any wand. A Licorice wand. Enjoy your prize.,
Sydney watched, her grayish-blue eyes widening slightly as the box began to shake. She gripped her wand, prepared to cast again if shaking was all the box was going to do. The box landed on the grass, and the lid flew off with a BANG! Sydney almost smiled, but not quite. She liked that sound!

She peered into the open box and saw a licorice wand, only one. She could've done a lot worse as far as prizes went. While she didn't love licorice, she didn't dislike it as much as she did most sweets. She pocketed the treat, undecided whether to keep it or give it to her sister.

Was there anything else around that she could blast? She stood on tiptoe, peering through the windows of the hut in search of any interesting objects.
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 10:39 PM   #70 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,470

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Emma watched as her classmates stepped up to the chest before her in practice with the spell. When it was finally her turn, she took a moment to collect her thoughts as she moved her wand in the C and V formation. Easy enough and kind of elegant when she thought about it. "Cistem Aperio!" the chest opening and a parchment flying out of it. It worked. Although not quite confident she could do it again, but she'd surely have to try ...

Seeing Drake and Ary head off in one direction, Emma followed Emmie instead towards the stack of hay. Emmie seemed to have luck in finding a box, so perhaps there was more than one box there? She knelt down to rummage through the haystack, wondering how far she'd have to dig through the hay to find something ...
There indeed was another box remaining, though there was no need to tell as one appeared before them after enough time rummaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post


Sydney watched, her grayish-blue eyes widening slightly as the box began to shake. She gripped her wand, prepared to cast again if shaking was all the box was going to do. The box landed on the grass, and the lid flew off with a BANG! Sydney almost smiled, but not quite. She liked that sound!

She peered into the open box and saw a licorice wand, only one. She could've done a lot worse as far as prizes went. While she didn't love licorice, she didn't dislike it as much as she did most sweets. She pocketed the treat, undecided whether to keep it or give it to her sister.

Was there anything else around that she could blast? She stood on tiptoe, peering through the windows of the hut in search of any interesting objects.
Though the window was dusty, the earlier blast left a patch that made the two Slytherins inside visible. Perhaps there was more to discover..
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 10:40 PM   #71 (permalink)
Moderator
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod




Doxy
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 6,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

SPOILER!!: Response(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Well this was certainly something new. Seeing the box shake itself free of water was kinda cute in a funny sorta way. It actually made her crack a tiny smile for the first time all lesson. Until suddenly out of seemly nowhere at all there was that startling BANG!

Yep, it had surprised her. Moreso the fact that it has actually worked than anything else. And her prize was a bag of fizzing whizzbees! That went and made things a tad better. Collecting her candy, Bry was just getting to her feet and Professor Fairgrund had walked over. "Thank you, Professor. I'm alright.. just took a little tumble." Which was clearly obvious since she was soaked. "I'll head back to my seat for now." The heating charm could wait a bit longer if anyone asked her the candy was a bit more important right now.

So no one pay her any mind as she trudged her way back to her seat and sat down still dripping wet.
Though Feirgrund would've preferred to take care of this right away, he respected their choice "Of course, Miss Paton." Nodding as they returned to their seat. On the other hand, as a Healer, he would prefer to provide an alternate solution before they risked catching a cold from the water. Removing the table cloth, he gave it a sample tap to clean, change the material into cotton, and a moderate heating charm on it. Fashioning it to resemble a flimsky looking, but just as fulfilling beach towel. "You may also dry off with this," Offering her it, before he could return to the students attention.

Goodness, it was near the end of the lesson at last. Feirgrund performed the sonorous charm, "Attention, everyone!" whilst standing at a distance far enough to not pierce any nearby student's ears. "It is about time for the lesson to end. Congratulations to those who obtained their treasure, you're welcome to keep your treats. If you haven't managed to open your box yet, or wish to quickly grab another, you have a few minutes left to do so, otherwise you can take one to practice on for homework," Then addressing students in line still working on the chest on the table, "Not to worry, I have spare boxes here you can take for homework to practice on," Gesturing one of the larger boxes behind the blackboard. With all that said, "Class is dismissed!"


OOC: Thank you, everyone, for stopping by! Class is over, but the thread will remain open until tomorrow for those needing to wrap up or posting their departure. Since the Narrator won't be making anymore replies, you're free to RP out your character's treasure discovery. Be sure your posts have their respective location in the title too in order to receive full credit.
__________________


Charely Potter is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 11:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 212,898

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

x12 x12
Default C2 - Inside the Hut
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Drake! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Despite his trepidation at the weird noises and everything of where they were, Drake couldn't help the small burst of laughter at Aryan's words. That WAS a funny idea, wasn't it? He wondered if that was actually the truth of it. Or did the house elves actually make all of the treats and just reused recycled papers from other treats? That would be quite thrifty of them all as well. "We should ask them." He replied instead, a small twinkle in his eye indicating he didn't think that was actually a necessary step.

"I'm sure you're selling yourself short!" Drake replied instinctually, though he meant it sincerely as well. Ary was a LOT smarter than himself and he was certain that even if it took an attempt or two, he'd get the hang of the charm. Listen, while it might have been said flirtily, Drake (who was a natural touchy-feely person and a scaredy cat) absolutely would have taken him up on the offer. Except before the boy could actually answer, or move towards him, he felt wood cave under one of his feet slightly. Thankfully for Drake, he had noticed that - which gave him just enough time to leap off to the sideways when Aryan cast accio and both floorboards and a chest went flying from the ground to land on the floor. Well.... that did work didn't it?

"See! I told you your charm would work!" He replied, a beam of pride at his friend's accomplishment before Drake glanced down and saw another chest still in the hole as well. "Oh, there's two!" He said happily, grabbing his own wand and creating the CV in the air as he said, "Cistem Aperio!"

Ary grinned. He had made Drake laugh and he liked that very much. “We should,’’ Ary replied with a wink, knowing that the other guy was joking; they wouldn’t really ask the question. The kind words warmed his heart, lifting his spirit further. “We’ll see soon enough.” No matter that Drake hadn’t been able to snag the offer; there would be plenty of other opportunities.

But…

Why was the floor all wobbly? Now it was Ary’s turn to get edgy and he actually took steps towards Drake, which was lucky, when…

The floor was blasted open.

“Thanks, Duck, but Professor Feirgrund and Professor Khanna are gonna kill me.” Never mind that there were two boxes there. Ary took a moment to let what he had done sink in before Drake’s enthusiasm caught up to him. “Excellent! Let’s see our prizes.” But first, he needed his wand. “Cistem Aperio.” The appropriate wand movement was done. On the first attempt, the box was blasted open to reveal Sherbet Lemon. He removed his from the box. “Nice work.” He and Drake always made a great team but it hadn’t stopped him from wondering how Bry was faring.
__________________
🌺🌺🌺 I fall in love with boys I see on a TV screen.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 05-20-2024, 11:49 PM   #73 (permalink)



Quintaped
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in my head [GMT-6]
Posts: 58,676

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Third Year

x12 x8
Default D1 - in the haystack
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
There indeed was another box remaining, though there was no need to tell as one appeared before them after enough time rummaging.

She heard Feirgrund announcing the end of the lesson but she was determined that there should be another box in this haystack. And sure enough one appeared quickly. With her wand emerged, she got ready to flick her wand to open the chest. "Sys-tem .... ap-par-o" Had she said it differently than in practice? Because nothing seemed to happen. Frowning, Emma looked around a moment, and then repeated herself, "Sys-tem app-ar-oh"

She was running out of time. But she had to keep going. Although she could take it with her and eventually get it, she supposed...

"SEES-tem app-ah-ro" No still not right. Checking her notes against the blackboard, she looked again. "SEES-tem uh-PAIR-ee-oh" oh finally!! The box blasted open to reveal a chocolate bar. Okay, good job following Emmie cause they got CHOCOLATE and how could one go wrong with that??

"Thanks Professor!" She grinned, slipping the bar into her bag. "So I can have another box for practice? It'll have something different in it though?" Cause she could probably use the practice, considering her struggles.
__________________

___________________You should take your little finger and just point it in the mirror.
________________________________________Baby, maybe you're the problem
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-21-2024, 12:47 AM   #74 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic


Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,478

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default wrapping up :D and yaaaaaaaaas watermelon strips!
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
The box began to shake, it heard the spell right. You could feel the anticipation before-

COUGH

The box coughed up a bunch of leaves in the direction of the caster, before the lid sealed right back. So close, yet not quite right.
Oh hey! Look at that! It moved! Although the way in which it had moved was a bit concerning and caused her once elated smile to turn slightly upside down.

"Oh no...poor thing...are you sick?" she asked the box as she crawled a bit more into the bush and twisted around some of the branches to find a more comfortable position and one where she wasn't relying on her elbow for support because that made it all the harder to perform the wand movement. "...wait...can you even get sick?" she inquired as an afterthought. Though, with Hogwarts being what it was perhaps it best not to question such things. She could only rely on what she knew and had seen and it had just coughed up a bunch of leaves which meant that there were likely more leaves inside the box and that was causing discomfort THEREFORE the quest goals had slightly shifted and instead of seeking her prize she was aiming to rid the box of all its leafy contents. Obviously her spell had not worked the first time...so what was it that she needed to improve? Her thoughts focused on the wand movement, the bit that had been the hardest for her during practice, AND something Aurora had said prior to her skipping off and leaping into the pile of leaves. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH," she laughed. "At least I did know myself well enough to know that it WAS the wand movement." Knowing your strengths and weaknesses was an important character trait! Anna offered Ezra a bright little smile and wave (from inside the bush) as he rushed by on his own quest before turning her attention back to the box - game face ON. "Okay, let's do this!"

Clearing her throat once again, the sixth year carefully traced a c into a v and spoke the incantation calmly but with every ounce of authority her growing fun-size self could muster. "SEES-tem - uh-PAIR-ee-oh..." There was a BANG (or perhaps it was more of a cough?) and the lid to the box popped open with a soft flourish of leaves. She had almost forgotten about whatever prize there was inside for her and was simply delighted that the box had opened, but a soft little glow reminded her that there was more instore for her and therefore she Hufflepuffle was crawling just a bit closer to the box and peered inside. "Oh? OH! OH OH! Watermelon Strips! Thank you, professor!" Anna chirped from inside the bush - which to anyone who hadn't seen her go crawling inside may have mistaken the scene for the bush speaking - again, this WAS Hogwarts so was that really so impossible?

It seemed as though she had retrieved her prize just in time too. While it was tempting to take another box or two for practice, Anna felt greedy taking more candy than she was entitled to (even with the professor offering) and decided that she would simply utilize the Charms Practice Room later - assuming she remembered! Crawling back out of the bush, leaves and sticks adorning her extra frizzy curls, Anna brought her now empty box back to Professor Feirgrund and offered it to him with a bright smile. "Thank you for the lesson today, professor. OH and for preparing all these sweets," she praised with a little wiggle of her watermelon stripes package. She was about to go skipping on her merry way when another thought crossed her mind and she skipped backwards to where she had been standing moments earlier. "Actually, professor, I was wondering if I may perhaps stop by the hospital wing later for a phial or two of dreamless sleep draughts? I've been having daymares recently, you see. Would that be okay?"
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 05-21-2024, 02:06 AM   #75 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod



Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 16,330

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Ary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Ary grinned. He had made Drake laugh and he liked that very much. “We should,’’ Ary replied with a wink, knowing that the other guy was joking; they wouldn’t really ask the question. The kind words warmed his heart, lifting his spirit further. “We’ll see soon enough.” No matter that Drake hadn’t been able to snag the offer; there would be plenty of other opportunities.

But…

Why was the floor all wobbly? Now it was Ary’s turn to get edgy and he actually took steps towards Drake, which was lucky, when…

The floor was blasted open.

“Thanks, Duck, but Professor Feirgrund and Professor Khanna are gonna kill me.” Never mind that there were two boxes there. Ary took a moment to let what he had done sink in before Drake’s enthusiasm caught up to him. “Excellent! Let’s see our prizes.” But first, he needed his wand. “Cistem Aperio.” The appropriate wand movement was done. On the first attempt, the box was blasted open to reveal Sherbet Lemon. He removed his from the box. “Nice work.” He and Drake always made a great team but it hadn’t stopped him from wondering how Bry was faring.


Drake looked at the hole they'd managed to accidentally make, before Aryan's words registered and the boy couldn't help but giggle, before he put his hand over his mouth to stifle it. "I would say that this probably isn't the worst they've seen though. It is Hogwarts. And they probably expected it a little bit." ... Maybe. While Ary worked on his box, Drake had moved forward to retrieve his, picking up the package of sherbet lemons with a smile. "Oh! I like these!" They were a little bit more on the sour side too, so maybe they would be passable for Aryan as well?

Stuffing the sweets in his pocket, he observed his friend's spellwork, giving a small clap when he got it open and retrieved his own prize. "You as well! That was certainly a fun lesson. I like when we get to work together." He still had a small nagging of guilt for having felt so though, considering their friend and house mate had not seemed to be having a good time earlier. "Ready to head back out?" He asked, taking steps back towards the exit of the hut.

Hearing Professor Feirgrund beginning talking, Drake was certain Ary would follow after him as he made his way back outdoors. Just in time to hear that they could take extra chests for practice if they wanted. Drake considered it for a moment, but he knew himself well enough to know it would just end up under his bed and he'd never do the practice. So best to leave it for someone who actually would.

His attention shifted around the area again, spotting Bryony looking a little... damp. He frowned a bit, curious what happened. He was working under the assumption that his presence might not have been welcomed, so instead of making his way over towards her - he decided to just excuse himself instead in case Ary did want to catch up with her. He smiled a bit at his dorm mate, "I'm going to go run something by the Greenhouse before going back up to the castle. See you inside later?"

With that, the last thing to do was to give his thanks to their Professor as he made his way by. "Thank you, Professor Feirgrund for the lesson and the treats! It was fun!" And with that, off he went, another glance Bry's direction as he did so before he headed out towards the greenhouses. He actually DID have something to do there real quick.
__________________
_________ _________________________________________

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start

Last edited by Chelliephone; 05-21-2024 at 02:10 AM. Reason: wrong post color oops
Chelliephone is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:30 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237