sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 588 users online including...
Harron Peasley , Methrenhow , ShawnCoult

5 members
583 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Middle Floors > Charms


Charms Learn all your basic charms and some special ones as well!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2024, 11:03 PM
Charely Potter Charely Potter is offline
 
Default Charms: It's a Blast!

It was the beginning of October. The skies were somewhat cloudy and cool, yet still sunny enough for one to not need a jumper. Meeting out on the grounds, there was a good view of the garden and duck pond from here. But where was Professor Feirgrund? He was standing near the abandoned Hut, where the canopy housed the blackboard, some seats, and a chest on the table. Was this a lecture day? It appeared so, but the surroundings suggested otherwise.

Where are we at?

Q1 - Greetings + First question.
A1 - Replies + First practice
A2 - Continue practice + Treasure Hunt


---
OOC: Welcome! Class has already begun, but you can jump right in posting as if they were here all along. While this is the first RP class, IC-wise there have been many beforehand. Be sure to check the rules & canon info if not familiar before settling in.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 212,897

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Ary appreciated it when professors kept their lessons outdoors. Truthfully, he didn’t mind what the weather was as he was accustomed to being outside helping with tending to the dragons and hippogriffs on the family Reserve at any given time he was at home. The boy arrived at the designated spot for today’s Charms lesson, those dark eyes of his immediately taking in the chest. How interesting.

Feirgrund was sent a finger wiggle-wave and a smile though the smile turned into a smirk shortly after. He was just having a particular thought that amused him, a thought that he needed to share with Jan later. Aryan took a seat then busied himself with retrieving his notebook and quill.
__________________
🌺🌺🌺 I fall in love with boys I see on a TV screen.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)


MLE & DERP
Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,566

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year
Default

With the weather not being as miserable it could have been, Sloane made her way down into the in a slightly better mood than what it would have been had the lesson taken place in the castle. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the castle, she simply wanted to make the most of the good weather before everything froze over. With her hair tied up in a messy bun and wearing a set of old, navy overalls, Sloane was prepared for almost anything.

Admittedly, the blackboard and the seats did take her slightly off guard but she quickly found a seat near Ary, not even bothering to acknowledge the professor. Instead, she pulled her backpack off and quickly made for her quill and parchment to so that she could carry on her doodles that she’d been working on before this lesson. She did however spare a moment to give Ary a small smile and nod.
aRogueOne is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 12:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Chizpurfle
 
littledhampir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,106

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
x8
Default
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

An outdoor lesson was always cool. It usually meant there would be some sort of interesting element incorporated into it. Something to do with the outdoors. Whatever that would be, Alissa was interested in finding out what it was. She always enjoyed Charms, so she was sure she would enjoy whatever this activity was going to be today. She was also pleased with the chance to spend some time outdoors. With classes and studying, she tended to spent most of her time at school cooped up inside. Best to take advantage of the Scottish weather while it was still good.

"Hello Professor Feirgrund," she greeted as she arrived at the designated lesson spot and took a seat on one of the chairs that had been set out.
__________________
littledhampir is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 04:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod



Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 16,330

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Outdoor classes were certainly the best for the young Slytherin. Perhaps it was one of the reasons he had always loved Herbology as much as he did - the fresh air, the sunshine on his face (when the sun made an appearance that was), the expanse of space around him. Whatever it was, seeing Charms would likewise be in the great outdoors left Drakie with a smile on his face as he headed down to the meeting spot. The 'uniform optional' bit had been all he needed to slip into a comfortable pair of well worn jeans and a simple baseball tee. There were some stains on both, a bit of grass on the knee here and a dirt smudge here, but considering the only reason Professors ever seemed to offer optional for uniforms was that a mess was inevitable, he felt validated in his selection.

Spotting one of his best friends as he reached the area, Drake grinned - his smile only lessened slightly when he noticed their year mate also nearby (as his fear of Sloane was certainly not something he'd surpassed yet). Still, he knew exactly where he would be sitting as well as he made his way over and dropped into an open space next to Aryan. "Hi Professor Feirgrund!" He greeted the Charms Professor, before giving Ary a gentle nudge in hello.
__________________
_________ _________________________________________

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Slytherin
Billywig
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,187

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Greer K. Murray
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

Greer wasn't all that happy to be outside - outside usually meant bugs and animals .. all of which she hated. Care of Magical Creatures was the the literal worst! But non the less she came not that she had much choice . Smiling at the Professor and a little wave to show she was ready she took one of the unoccupied seats and got out a parchment and quill. Ready for today's lesson, magic still enthralled her, she hoped that would never change.
__________________
Days of Potter 2023:___________________________ Which Bertie Botts Flavour Are You?

You are Honey!
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)


Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,988

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

An outdoorsy charms lesson in October and it was warm enough still for Emmeline to not need a jumper, but she had one in her backpack just in case she got cold. Heading down to the designated spot for the lesson on the grounds the third year eaglette waved, and smiled over in greeting to her Professor first. "Hi Professor Feirgrund!" Emmeline then waved to Greer before heading over to plopp herself down on an empty seat near Aryan and Drake. Now where was Emma and what was in that chest? Could professor F have some objects in there they were going to lift with wingardium leviosa or maybe some creatures?
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)



Quintaped
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in my head [GMT-6]
Posts: 58,676

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Third Year

x12 x8
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Outdoor charms lessons were surprising in the least. Emma of course, was the one who did not read the initial notice and had found herself sprinting out to the grounds once she realized no one was showing up to the classroom on the third floor. Racing out to where the lecture was by an abandoned hut, the blond looked around for familiar faces - seeing Drake and Aryan and Sloane and Emmie, she slid onto the seat beside the Ravenclaw. "wheewww. made it." she said in breathless sigh.

"Hey Professor Feirgrund," She said after a moment to catch her breath.
__________________

___________________You should take your little finger and just point it in the mirror.
________________________________________Baby, maybe you're the problem
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)


Graphorn
 
Lottiepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: *winks*
Posts: 17,807

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
Default
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Aurora was simply existing that day. Not necessarily in her head in the clouds sort of way either but her thoughts clearly were on another planet. Venus perhaps? Although she’d always liked the thought of Saturn with her beautiful rings. Was Saturn a she? She felt like it would be a she and..

*bump*

So consumed in an acromantulas web of thoughts was she that she had managed to walk into the hut’s exterior wall with an audible thump. Ordinarily she might have just giggled the experience off but Aurora was a fifth year now and the emotional squirmies were wreaking havoc with her stomach to the extent that her lack of self awareness (in the most positive way) was starting to turn into TOO much awareness. The heat rose in her face and her cheeks pinked as she rushed to conceal herself somewhere in the middle of the group without saying hello to Monsieur Feirgrund.

Nothing to see here..
__________________
Lottiepot is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod


Chizpurfle
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hazbin Hotel
Posts: 10,980

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Sydney was in a pretty good mood today, not that it showed on her perpetually stoic expression. She preferred the cooler fall weather to the summer heat, and October meant that Halloween (the only holiday that got her genuinely excited) was just around the corner. She also rather enjoyed charms lessons… most of the time. She liked the destructive and/or bombastic spells but tended to struggle with the more delicate, mundane ones.

She made her way to the grounds, dressed in comfortable attire. Her idea of which wasn’t all that different from a school uniform. The button-down shirt was red instead of white; the Hogwarts tie was traded for a black bowtie, and she’d opted for trousers instead of a skirt and boots instead of mary janes. “Hello, Professor Feirgrund,” she greeted, nodding politely. Recognizing one of her fellow first years, she also acknowledged Greer with a nod before taking a seat.

Sydney wondered what spell they’d be practicing today, but she was more interested in the lesson location. Abandoned buildings were full of dark secrets! She tilted her head to one side, studying the building intently. What happened? Did somebody die there? Was it haunted? Her gaze shifted to the chest. Did that come from inside the hut? Was it cursed? Did it contain a ghost or some sort of angry creature? Likely not, as this wasn’t DADA, but it was fun to imagine!
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 05-12-2024, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Third Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Despite the relative warmth outside, Phoebe Calypso was wearing several layers of warm clothes, including the world's baggiest and most oversized sweater, which made Phoebe look slightly ominous and a little bit like the bat she'd dressed up as last Halloween. She was one of the later arrivals, due to her slow walking pace.

Pheebs hesitated briefly, before moving to sit next to Drake, who was sitting next to Ary, who was sitting next to Sloane. "Hi," she said quietly. The comment was mostly for Drake, who she had chosen to sit next to, but really it applied to all of the third years present. "Hi Professor," she added dutifully, always making sure to greet him at some point. Charms was one of the only classes she was good at, so... might as well get along with the teacher, right?
astrocat is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 05:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic


Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,473

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

CHAAAAAAAAAARMS!

When it came to last term's OWLs, it was one of the two subjects Anna had strolled into with a legitimate air of confidence. Sure, she had skipped in to all of her exams with the same 'what will be will be!' kind of confidence, but very few had returned the favor when results were owled back. Even BETTER that today's lesson was outside in the glorious autumn sunshine and crisp harvest air to which the Hufflepuffle was convinced tasted just a little bit like warm cinnamon and marshmallow.

Skipping, as per usual, the ever-so-slightly-but-still-fun-sized sixth year approached the assembled group just as Aurora was performing what she could only imagine to be the pirouette of the ice dancing princess that her best friend was - or...well...at least that was what the whole crashing into the building had looked like in the curly haired girl's mind! "You're so elegant!" she whispered with a giggle as she pranced right on over to the Ravenclaw and slipped an arm through the blonde's

Beaming to each of her peers as she passed, Anna offered Professor Ameliorating Teddy Bear a very enthusiastic wave and smile. "Good day, professor," she called out triumphantly - though to what conquest not even she knew - and only then did her eyes fall on the rest of the display surrounding him. Or rather, one very specific thing. "Oooooh, X marks the spot, AYE professor?"

Resident Pirate Fairy here! Though...Anna had already forgotten her name despite still having the costume somewhere!
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 12:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod




Doxy
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 6,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

SPOILER!!: Hello to everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Ary appreciated it when professors kept their lessons outdoors. Truthfully, he didn’t mind what the weather was as he was accustomed to being outside helping with tending to the dragons and hippogriffs on the family Reserve at any given time he was at home. The boy arrived at the designated spot for today’s Charms lesson, those dark eyes of his immediately taking in the chest. How interesting.

Feirgrund was sent a finger wiggle-wave and a smile though the smile turned into a smirk shortly after. He was just having a particular thought that amused him, a thought that he needed to share with Jan later. Aryan took a seat then busied himself with retrieving his notebook and quill.
Feirgrund returned the wave with a friendly nod and smile of acknowledgment.. or was that a smirk? Welcome back, Master Atreyu-Rehman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
With the weather not being as miserable it could have been, Sloane made her way down into the in a slightly better mood than what it would have been had the lesson taken place in the castle. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the castle, she simply wanted to make the most of the good weather before everything froze over. With her hair tied up in a messy bun and wearing a set of old, navy overalls, Sloane was prepared for almost anything.

Admittedly, the blackboard and the seats did take her slightly off guard but she quickly found a seat near Ary, not even bothering to acknowledge the professor. Instead, she pulled her backpack off and quickly made for her quill and parchment to so that she could carry on her doodles that she’d been working on before this lesson. She did however spare a moment to give Ary a small smile and nod.
Student found their way here, that was good. No acknowledgement, no problem. Some were just here to get a lesson over with, undestandably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
An outdoor lesson was always cool. It usually meant there would be some sort of interesting element incorporated into it. Something to do with the outdoors. Whatever that would be, Alissa was interested in finding out what it was. She always enjoyed Charms, so she was sure she would enjoy whatever this activity was going to be today. She was also pleased with the chance to spend some time outdoors. With classes and studying, she tended to spent most of her time at school cooped up inside. Best to take advantage of the Scottish weather while it was still good.

"Hello Professor Feirgrund," she greeted as she arrived at the designated lesson spot and took a seat on one of the chairs that had been set out.
"Hello, Miss Rhodes," Feirgrund greeted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Outdoor classes were certainly the best for the young Slytherin. Perhaps it was one of the reasons he had always loved Herbology as much as he did - the fresh air, the sunshine on his face (when the sun made an appearance that was), the expanse of space around him. Whatever it was, seeing Charms would likewise be in the great outdoors left Drakie with a smile on his face as he headed down to the meeting spot. The 'uniform optional' bit had been all he needed to slip into a comfortable pair of well worn jeans and a simple baseball tee. There were some stains on both, a bit of grass on the knee here and a dirt smudge here, but considering the only reason Professors ever seemed to offer optional for uniforms was that a mess was inevitable, he felt validated in his selection.

Spotting one of his best friends as he reached the area, Drake grinned - his smile only lessened slightly when he noticed their year mate also nearby (as his fear of Sloane was certainly not something he'd surpassed yet). Still, he knew exactly where he would be sitting as well as he made his way over and dropped into an open space next to Aryan. "Hi Professor Feirgrund!" He greeted the Charms Professor, before giving Ary a gentle nudge in hello.
"Hello Master Beery," Feirgrund greeted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Greer wasn't all that happy to be outside - outside usually meant bugs and animals .. all of which she hated. Care of Magical Creatures was the the literal worst! But non the less she came not that she had much choice . Smiling at the Professor and a little wave to show she was ready she took one of the unoccupied seats and got out a parchment and quill. Ready for today's lesson, magic still enthralled her, she hoped that would never change.
Feirgrund returned the friendly smile and wave. Miss Murray was clearly ready to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
An outdoorsy charms lesson in October and it was warm enough still for Emmeline to not need a jumper, but she had one in her backpack just in case she got cold. Heading down to the designated spot for the lesson on the grounds the third year eaglette waved, and smiled over in greeting to her Professor first. "Hi Professor Feirgrund!" Emmeline then waved to Greer before heading over to plopp herself down on an empty seat near Aryan and Drake. Now where was Emma and what was in that chest? Could professor F have some objects in there they were going to lift with wingardium leviosa or maybe some creatures?
"Hello Miss Vance," Feirgrund greeted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Outdoor charms lessons were surprising in the least. Emma of course, was the one who did not read the initial notice and had found herself sprinting out to the grounds once she realized no one was showing up to the classroom on the third floor. Racing out to where the lecture was by an abandoned hut, the blond looked around for familiar faces - seeing Drake and Aryan and Sloane and Emmie, she slid onto the seat beside the Ravenclaw. "wheewww. made it." she said in breathless sigh.

"Hey Professor Feirgrund," She said after a moment to catch her breath.
Not a moment too soon or late, "Hello Miss Montmorency... hold still a second, this'll help," Noticing her shaky breath, Feirgrund aimed his wand in the direction of her throat. Wordlessly clearing her airway. "That better?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Aurora was simply existing that day. Not necessarily in her head in the clouds sort of way either but her thoughts clearly were on another planet. Venus perhaps? Although she’d always liked the thought of Saturn with her beautiful rings. Was Saturn a she? She felt like it would be a she and..

*bump*

So consumed in an acromantulas web of thoughts was she that she had managed to walk into the hut’s exterior wall with an audible thump. Ordinarily she might have just giggled the experience off but Aurora was a fifth year now and the emotional squirmies were wreaking havoc with her stomach to the extent that her lack of self awareness (in the most positive way) was starting to turn into TOO much awareness. The heat rose in her face and her cheeks pinked as she rushed to conceal herself somewhere in the middle of the group without saying hello to Monsieur Feirgrund.

Nothing to see here..
Perhaps it was a good thing Feirgrund had just finished with helping Miss Montmorency that he didn't notice the next arrival. But he certainly heard the thump. Curiously, he turned to see Miss Ackerly rush over to her seat. Well, there didn't seem to be any visible injury to the student or the area, so he mentally shrugged it off. Accidents happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Sydney was in a pretty good mood today, not that it showed on her perpetually stoic expression. She preferred the cooler fall weather to the summer heat, and October meant that Halloween (the only holiday that got her genuinely excited) was just around the corner. She also rather enjoyed charms lessons… most of the time. She liked the destructive and/or bombastic spells but tended to struggle with the more delicate, mundane ones.

She made her way to the grounds, dressed in comfortable attire. Her idea of which wasn’t all that different from a school uniform. The button-down shirt was red instead of white; the Hogwarts tie was traded for a black bowtie, and she’d opted for trousers instead of a skirt and boots instead of mary janes. “Hello, Professor Feirgrund,” she greeted, nodding politely. Recognizing one of her fellow first years, she also acknowledged Greer with a nod before taking a seat.

Sydney wondered what spell they’d be practicing today, but she was more interested in the lesson location. Abandoned buildings were full of dark secrets! She tilted her head to one side, studying the building intently. What happened? Did somebody die there? Was it haunted? Her gaze shifted to the chest. Did that come from inside the hut? Was it cursed? Did it contain a ghost or some sort of angry creature? Likely not, as this wasn’t DADA, but it was fun to imagine!
"Hello, Miss Masters," Feirgrund greeted. There were certainly a number of young students here today. Hopefully, they would experience some thrill from the lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Despite the relative warmth outside, Phoebe Calypso was wearing several layers of warm clothes, including the world's baggiest and most oversized sweater, which made Phoebe look slightly ominous and a little bit like the bat she'd dressed up as last Halloween. She was one of the later arrivals, due to her slow walking pace.

Pheebs hesitated briefly, before moving to sit next to Drake, who was sitting next to Ary, who was sitting next to Sloane. "Hi," she said quietly. The comment was mostly for Drake, who she had chosen to sit next to, but really it applied to all of the third years present. "Hi Professor," she added dutifully, always making sure to greet him at some point. Charms was one of the only classes she was good at, so... might as well get along with the teacher, right?
"Hello, Master Fox," Feirgrund greeted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
CHAAAAAAAAAARMS!

When it came to last term's OWLs, it was one of the two subjects Anna had strolled into with a legitimate air of confidence. Sure, she had skipped in to all of her exams with the same 'what will be will be!' kind of confidence, but very few had returned the favor when results were owled back. Even BETTER that today's lesson was outside in the glorious autumn sunshine and crisp harvest air to which the Hufflepuffle was convinced tasted just a little bit like warm cinnamon and marshmallow.

Skipping, as per usual, the ever-so-slightly-but-still-fun-sized sixth year approached the assembled group just as Aurora was performing what she could only imagine to be the pirouette of the ice dancing princess that her best friend was - or...well...at least that was what the whole crashing into the building had looked like in the curly haired girl's mind! "You're so elegant!" she whispered with a giggle as she pranced right on over to the Ravenclaw and slipped an arm through the blonde's

Beaming to each of her peers as she passed, Anna offered Professor Ameliorating Teddy Bear a very enthusiastic wave and smile. "Good day, professor," she called out triumphantly - though to what conquest not even she knew - and only then did her eyes fall on the rest of the display surrounding him. Or rather, one very specific thing. "Oooooh, X marks the spot, AYE professor?"

Resident Pirate Fairy here! Though...Anna had already forgotten her name despite still having the costume somewhere!
"Good day, Miss Walles," Feirgrund greeted. Smiling at the consistent enthusiasm she displayed.


Eventually, it came time for the lesson to began. Feirgrund waited as the last set of students arrived before he faced everyone seated.

"Good day, everyone," He addressed the class once the chatter died away. "Now, I know there's a blackboard here, but the lecture and note-taking will be short. Today, we'll be learning and practicing the Box Blasting Charm, which is used to unlock any trunk, case, that carries a simple lock." Pausing the chest on the table beside him, "Now, what sort of items are good to be stored and locked away? And why so?" There were no wrong answers or reactions here.. within reason.


OOC: Welcome, everyone! You can react/answer to either questions depending on your character's background. Class has started now so any new posters can post acting as if they were here all along without IC consequences for late arrival. The next post will be around 24 hours from now.
__________________


Charely Potter is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 01:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Formerly: Harry174


Giant
 
Weasley174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 55,850

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Webster
Gryffindor
First Year
Hufflepuff
x8
Default
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Daisy was a bit nervous, she was still struggling to find her feet at Hogwarts, it was such a massive place and the lessons were so hard, she was trying to do her best, now what was a box blasting charm, surely all you needed was a locksmith, who could just unlock the box for you. It would be simple right.

Daisy thought for a few moments, before she put her hand up. "Something valuable." That was all she could think about, surely you wouldn't need to lock a box if it was just junk in the box.
__________________
It's time for a party.
Weasley174 is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)


Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,988

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post


"Good day, everyone," He addressed the class once the chatter died away. "Now, I know there's a blackboard here, but the lecture and note-taking will be short. Today, we'll be learning and practicing the Box Blasting Charm, which is used to unlock any trunk, case, that carries a simple lock." Pausing the chest on the table beside him, "Now, what sort of items are good to be stored and locked away? And why so?" There were no wrong answers or reactions here.. within reason.
Emmie raised a brow at an out of breath Emma as the other girl took a seat beside her. In whisper she asked "Hi Em's, are you okay? Did Peeves hold you up again?" How many times hadn't Emmeline been held up by the school poltergeist who wanted to pull a prank on you or just be rude?

Anyways the lesson began with a Q&A portion as usual. They were going to be practicing the Box Blasting Charm soon that could unlock trunks or cases or even doors Emmie supposed, but didn't they use Alohomora for that too? Raising her hand she waited for her turn before supplying her suggestion, directing her gaze towards Professor F as she started speaking. "Expensive jewellery like necklaces, rings, bracelets, tiaras, crowns and similiar are often kept in locked cases, boxes or so to keep them from being stolen or damaged. Hopefully that answer was good enough. It was what had come to mind when Professor Feirgrund had asked what items/objects could be kept in locked and stored away boxes.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 05:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Abraxan
 
Emzily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 25,092

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

x5 x2
Default Been here all along
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

He’d skipped greeting the professor after he arrived earlier on, but of course had quietly resumed a spot next to his best friends, Anna and Aurora, though he did not join in with any arm linking. Stifling laughs when Aurora bumped into the hut, because yes, he absolutely saw every moment of that, but he also wanted to know that she was okay. It looked like she was, other than being embarrassed.

The first question felt so easy.

A diary.” Solomon blurted out, “if you’re in to that sort of thing.” HE obviously wasn’t one to keep a diary. AHEM. But if he did, then you better believe it would be locked up good and proper. He offered an explanation even though he thought it obvious. “To make sure your private thoughts aren’t being read by someone who shouldn’t be reading it.” That made sense, and he hoped he’d gotten the question right, because he quite often misunderstood them, it seemed.
__________________
who could love me, I am out of my mind____________________

_______throwing a line out to sea
to see if I can catch a dream
Emzily is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 05:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Slytherin
Billywig
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,187

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Greer K. Murray
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

Greer ever the studious student raised her hand. "Sentimental things." She said thinking of the trunk her mother kept in the attic. "Like baby items your parents are not able to part with." Each of her sibling had one up there full of things her mom wasn't able to part with, a few outfits, a blanket. All those of type of things.
__________________
Days of Potter 2023:___________________________ Which Bertie Botts Flavour Are You?

You are Honey!
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 06:14 PM   #18 (permalink)


Graphorn
 
Lottiepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: *winks*
Posts: 17,807

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
Default
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Aurora thought she had managed to get away with covering up her little moment if it wasn’t for Anna’s comment. If she hadn't known her curly haired Bestie so well, it might have been misconstrued as sarcasm, a joke on how she clearly wasn’t elegant as her shoulder had made contact with an inanimate object. But this was Anna and she was pretty certain that the sixth year was incapable of saying anything intentionally offensive or unkind plus the arm linking helped to settle that touch of embarrassment and she leaned in to her best friend's side. “The wall snuck up on me!” she whispered back, although this ‘whisper’ was far louder than it needed to be.

Thankfully she didn’t see any stifling of laughs from Solomon, probably for the best and the lesson had started anyway.

Aurora didn’t keep a diary herself, mostly because by the time she had thought of something it would come spilling out of her mouth anyway. The thought of Solomon keeping a diary had her intrigued to the point that once he had finished his sentence, she leaned closer to the boy (likely dragging poor Anna who was still attached to her arm with her) to whisper. “You can borrow my gel pens for your diary if you’d like?” Y’know, because it deserved to look and smell great if it was carrying all your deepest, darkest secrets. Besides, Rora loved to share!

She loved to share her ideas too, hence the raised hand. “Gnomes.” Bared teeth, bearded, scary garden gnomes. Temporarily though. Just as long as they had food and water and could be released far FAR away from her. “Or maybe Boggarts? Do Boggarts need food? It wouldn’t be very fair to keep them locked away and starving.” What lesson was this again?
__________________
Lottiepot is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 08:37 PM   #19 (permalink)



Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15,777

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Outdoor lessons were normally Bryony's favorite. However lately she had been a bit off and very much not at all like herself. Much more quiet, very clearly lost in her own thoughts more often than not. The walk down towards the Charms lesson had been done on her own. She had also found herself a seat near her usual group but not quite beside them like she always did, especially when she had seen who was sitting right beside Ary.. but of course he was. It was fine though, everything was just fine.. there was nothing for anyone to see here. And to prove as much the usual finger wiggle wave had been given to Professor Fairgrund.

Now when the lesson began, Bry tried to pay attention. Really she did. Blue eyes even focused on Fairgrund, glad to hear that to too many notes would have to be taken today. The less notes she needed to take, the less she would need to review. Maybe if she was lucky no homework would be given today either. Then she would have even more time to think about things. Things that weren't supposed to be on her mind right now... What had the Professor asked? Something about keeping things locked away? "My mama keeps her lessons locked away, I guess so no one can see them but her before she teaches that particular lesson." Bry had no clue if this was the sort of answer Fairgrund was looking for but at least she had managed something.
__________________
Days of Potter 2023:___________________________ Which Bertie Botts Flavour Are You?

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 10:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod


Chizpurfle
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hazbin Hotel
Posts: 10,980

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Sydney listened semi-intently as the lesson began. The box-blasting charm? That sounded fun at first, though slightly less so when she heard what the charm did. Was unlocking all it did? That seemed anticlimactic. With a name like that, she thought it would actually blast a box apart. Maybe if she cast it hard enough…

She hoped there was at least something fun inside the hypothetical box in question to make up for the lack of blasting! Speaking of which, Professor Feirgrund's question reminded her of all the fun things her mums kept locked away… not that it mattered. She always found a way around the lock if it was something she wanted. She raised her hand and said, ”Dangerous things that could cause harm in the wrong hands like knives, glass, certain potions… My mums locked away all of those things when my sisters and I were little.” Not so much now because they trusted at least one of the girls to be responsible…
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 10:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 212,897

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

It was so like Sloane not to greet the professor. He purposely stared at her just so that she would acknowledge him, and because he liked messing with her. When his fellow Sltherin finally nodded at him, he reached out to poke her very lightly in the shoulder. However, whereas he was unafraid of Sloane, Drake was not. Grateful that himself and Drake’s friendship seemed to have not taken a hit in Ary’s recent confession at the Topiary Garden, he welcomed the other guy with a wide smile. Hi, Drake. Nudge, nudge, Also, hello to you as well, Emmeline, Emma and Pheebs. His entire attention went to Bry as she approached the group. He hadn’t expected her to sit with him. Even if they still had their talk, it was still awkward between them; something which Ary hadn’t thought he’d experience with her. He sighed softly to himself while wishing his life was less complicated.

Thankfully the lesson was starting which meant he got to be distracted.

A brief stint of lecture and note-making? Aryan loved the sound of that. Especially when he heard the interesting Charm they were to be working on today. Surely this was bound to come in handy at some point? His first answer would have been valuables but since that was already mentioned… “Exam papers,’’ he piped up when he was called upon. The idea had came to him because of Bry's answer and he mainly presented it to the class because he hoped to get her attention. Maybe she would grin at him or even glance at him… or something? “Professors can lock them away from students.”
__________________
🌺🌺🌺 I fall in love with boys I see on a TV screen.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 01:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Clabbert
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 19,295

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Daydreaming was happening a little more often for Ezra these days, and so he'd only managed to get down to the outdoors spot for the Charms lesson juuuust before the lesson began. This left him no chance for chatting with friends before the lesson as usual, but still he gravitated toward the general vicinity of Anna and Aurora.

He did appreciate the fact that the lesson was outside, so he figured he should show that appreciation by paying attention. It was difficult when his thoughts often drifted elsewhere, but he could manage.

So. A chest. Box Blasting Charm. Storing items. Like what? A lot of things had already been said, and...there was only one thing left that had popped into his head. "Treasure like gold coins, if you're a pirate," he said after raising his hand.
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 02:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Third Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Phoebe blinked. She was used to people calling her Phoebe Dupont... Master Fox, not so much. She had a friend whose last name was Fox, who had a sister who kind of looked like her, but... "I'm Phoebe," she said confusedly. Speaking of confusing... Phoebe side eyed Ary. And Bry not being nearby. Interesting.

"Um, if you had something special that you wanted to keep private, like important documents for when you die, or a special scrapbook, you could lock them up. They're private." That made Phoebe frown, though. They were learning how to blast open boxes, and it wasn't right to go through other people's stuff. What if someone started going through her stuff and reading her private journal??
astrocat is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 04:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod



Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 16,330

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Phoebe likewise got a large green when she took the other seat next to him, and he leaned over to give her a gentle shoulder bump too in greeting. Quiet and subtle, so as not to disturb the others around them. Bryony 's appearance had also gotten a smile though perhaps the one offered was a bit more tentative, but Drake certainly hoped that didn't show. Aryan's returned nudges got another smile too, but then as Professor Feirgrund had officially started the class the boy went silent as he tuned in to pay attention.

Box blasting charm today, was it? That sounded exciting! Though.... Respectfully Professor, if they were all being taught how to break in to locked places he would decline to offer any sort of an answer lest he draw anyone's curiosity towards his own belongings. Not that Drake had anything terribly exciting, a diary as mentioned by others and some extra blankets, but still he didn't particularly want either of those items to go missing. Perhaps most notably his blankets though. Those were IMPORTANT for all the fort building he likes to do!

Remaining quiet, the boy's eyes flitted to each of his classmates as they offered verbal answers, giving a nod of agreement here and there.
__________________
_________ _________________________________________

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 05:01 AM   #25 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic


Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,473

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default oh look, the
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Something wasn't quite adding up and the Hufflepuffle's eyes narrowed while she pondered Aurora's response and what the wall had to do with her elegance. "...so...it was your dance partner?" she whispered back, bright eyes darting back and forth between the blonde and the wall and herself wondering how she could get a wall to be her dance partner for a spin. Surely it was a good partner, you know? Nice and sturdy and such. "Maybe we should invite the suits of armour next time," she suggested, thoughts still trying to logically piece together the fantasy she had woven as class officially began and the professor denied his pirate heritage through omission.

"Oh a DIARY! I have one of those too. Well, actually, I suppose what I have is a journal since there is no real organization to it and sometimes I even accidentally jump pages ahead and have to double back to fill in the ones I missed," she added to Solomon's response with several firm nods. "Suppose knowledge in general is something that is...locked away..." Anna trailed off for a moment, her fingers tugging a bit on some of her loose curls, and eyes unfocusing as if they were delving into their own chest nestled away in her mind palace. At least her response was, mostly, on topic and echoed in sentiment to the majority of her peers' responses.

Save for Ezra's...which did pull her back because of the connection to pirates and treasure and...why was she crying? "Huh?" she murmured to herself, her hand reaching up to touch her cheek which was only slightly damp from a couple of tears that had decided to go on a slide down her face. She blinked a few more times in Ezra's direction before looking forwards again, entirely missing whatever Phoebe had said.

__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237