sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9860
Classes: 15
Professors: 11

533463
444376
View Points

Members

There are 275 users online including...
iBeJenn , Lowellvop , Zoe , Liesmith , spearlets , vivianbd11 , Leroytef , lorenepp2 , luv2u , Chelliephone

13 members
262 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era


Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-12-2018, 09:12 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Coffee, Tea, & More Station

There's no sink or spigot in this little hole in the wall, so all water and supplies must be brought in from the outside - for now, at least. Still, someone has set up a long counter along the wall near the door, and there is often a pot of water and a pot of coffee bubbling away cheerfully over a cauldron flame. A magically enhanced and expanded icebox sits at the far end. You shouldn't take anything out that you didn't put in there, but there's plenty of room for storage. White marble with silver and black accent, a touch of gold leaf here and there, the section has been remodeled and drips in opulence. Gone are all the devices and rubbish means of making yourself cups of coffee and in are a couple of house elves who will do everything for you. All you need is to give them your coffee order and it will be yours.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC

Alley Proprietor
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,993

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

”How exact-lee does un bréak a lif?” Valentin wondered. Unless one was an erumpent, he couldn’t fathom the mechanics of it. ”Ai 'ave found zat around haire, le stairs are usual-lee safair.” Although, if anyone knew Valentin’s history, they would have snorted derisively at his comment and made sure Valentin was no-where near them on the stairs. It appeared, however, that the young lady he was talking with, was new and therefore had probably not gotten a whiff of that particular part of his story. Or, and Valentin wasn’t optimistic enough to believe this option, Valentin had finally traveled far enough away that the gossip hadn’t migrated with him. The exception, of course was Phora. The man had known Michael after all, and well, the two of them had a long working history. At least, Valentin didn’t have to worry about Phora opening his mouth. The man was too civil for that.

As the two walked down the hallway, Valentin had to force himself to focus on the young lady’s words. ”Eight yairs,” he answered. He was very proud of himself. After all, he had worked very hard to get the position, especially after Michael. ”Wiv varyeng postengs. I’ve been een London fair abut a yair now.” Because that was what she was really asking. ”Et 'ow are you findéng human resurces?”
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Slytherin


MO & DoM
Puffskein
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 2,001

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
Default
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

SPOILER!!: Vale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”How exact-lee does un bréak a lif?” Valentin wondered. Unless one was an erumpent, he couldn’t fathom the mechanics of it. ”Ai 'ave found zat around haire, le stairs are usual-lee safair.” Although, if anyone knew Valentin’s history, they would have snorted derisively at his comment and made sure Valentin was no-where near them on the stairs. It appeared, however, that the young lady he was talking with, was new and therefore had probably not gotten a whiff of that particular part of his story. Or, and Valentin wasn’t optimistic enough to believe this option, Valentin had finally traveled far enough away that the gossip hadn’t migrated with him. The exception, of course was Phora. The man had known Michael after all, and well, the two of them had a long working history. At least, Valentin didn’t have to worry about Phora opening his mouth. The man was too civil for that.

As the two walked down the hallway, Valentin had to force himself to focus on the young lady’s words. ”Eight yairs,” he answered. He was very proud of himself. After all, he had worked very hard to get the position, especially after Michael. ”Wiv varyeng postengs. I’ve been een London fair abut a yair now.” Because that was what she was really asking. ”Et 'ow are you findéng human resurces?”


Blushing red again as if the lift incident had just happened.. "It really wasn't my fault." Alba felt the need to defend that for some reason. "It started with a malfunction with the memo system, and I was trying to catch a memo and ran into it. Superficial damage really ... my shoulder took the brunt of it." Alba adding thinking that her shoulder still would catch some times after that.

"Eight year is a long time! You should be commended, I spent the last eight years in the muggle world." Alba added "Well nine really." She had been back in the wizarding world for just about a year. So really she still shouldn't be the 'new' person in the ministry but she still felt like it. "I love being in human resources, it's even more fun with wizards and witches! Although muggles never cease to amaze me either." Alba smiled. As they were walking down the hall Alba tripped on something .... air?? Who knows, she stumbled a bit, but was able to catch herself before she feel.
__________________
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 05-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #28 (permalink)


DMAC & DMC
Manticore
 
Shanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: whoville
Posts: 43,335

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lumi Kolzer #66CDAA
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy
Magical Creatures

x7 x5
Default
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

With each passing day, her tolerance to caffeine got better but it didn't take away the side effects. The unfinished thoughts, the need to pace (and therefore the ache in her ankles because pacing in heels had physical ramifications) and the twitches. It had started in her left eye today and if anyone commented on it, she dismissed it as a lack of sleep, but now three cups in.. her fingers had an unfamiliar tremor. Signing for a package had resulted in a shaky signature, the braid in her hair was uneven and she was considering getting herself a water machine and a nap.

But as per usual routine, Eliora was due her eighth cup of coffee for the day, but was collecting cup four from a hole in the wall on level 10. Was there a place in the ministry further away from her own department?
__________________

It's cool, I just finished a year of teaching full time and doing a three year degree in one year.
And passed! HEY MUM I'M A QUALIFIED TEACHER! Slowly phasing back here.
Forever in need of a cheerleader though.
RPs anyone? Stay safe, faves.
Shanners is offline  
Old 09-08-2020, 01:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM

Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default k8
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

He was here.

By the coffee and tea station.

Which floor was this? He wasn't sure. But he'd felt drawn to this station and felt in need of a strong cup of...something.... before he returned to Level 9. Davie didn't know why he felt so groggy today, like he was still sleepy, or like he was very, very sore from some kind of mental workout....but here he was. Getting...coffee, he supposed.... from this station.

The young man poured himself a cup of the black liquid and then stood there, the paper cup resting on the counter, steam billowing off it, as he allowed it to cool to a drinkable temperature. He appeared to be lost.........in thought? Or staring at a speck on the wall behind the counter?

Hmm.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 09-08-2020, 03:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 21,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
He was here.

By the coffee and tea station.

Which floor was this? He wasn't sure. But he'd felt drawn to this station and felt in need of a strong cup of...something.... before he returned to Level 9. Davie didn't know why he felt so groggy today, like he was still sleepy, or like he was very, very sore from some kind of mental workout....but here he was. Getting...coffee, he supposed.... from this station.

The young man poured himself a cup of the black liquid and then stood there, the paper cup resting on the counter, steam billowing off it, as he allowed it to cool to a drinkable temperature. He appeared to be lost.........in thought? Or staring at a speck on the wall behind the counter?

Hmm.
Jessica had heard about the coffee place down here, but she had yet to check it out. And now that she had been here for about eight months, she supposed it was time as any to be doing so. It wasn't often she strayed from the IMC; there was a lot more paperwork to working for the ministry than any of her previous jobs. At least she had expected it, though, and wasn't thrown off by the copious amounts of it.

She brought her own tea bag and cup; she had mostly wandered down here to chill for a bit on her own. She needed a moment to readjust her eyes and just be at peace with herself. Her brain was whirring with a recent document in Spanish, and it was not often she had to deal with Spanish paperwork. It was a lot more concentration than Tagalong required for her. Just means I need to watch some dramas...brush up a bit, she thought to herself with a smile.

There was a kettle to use, but Jessica was pleasantly surprised to see her BUDDDY O PAL David Truebridge! "Heya, David!" she said with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. "How goes it? We should catch up soon - feel like we haven't had a chat in quite a bit," she said in a friendly tone. "Been busy with...secret stuff?" Cue eyebrow wiggling.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-08-2020, 03:28 AM   #31 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM

Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Jessica had heard about the coffee place down here, but she had yet to check it out. And now that she had been here for about eight months, she supposed it was time as any to be doing so. It wasn't often she strayed from the IMC; there was a lot more paperwork to working for the ministry than any of her previous jobs. At least she had expected it, though, and wasn't thrown off by the copious amounts of it.

She brought her own tea bag and cup; she had mostly wandered down here to chill for a bit on her own. She needed a moment to readjust her eyes and just be at peace with herself. Her brain was whirring with a recent document in Spanish, and it was not often she had to deal with Spanish paperwork. It was a lot more concentration than Tagalong required for her. Just means I need to watch some dramas...brush up a bit, she thought to herself with a smile.

There was a kettle to use, but Jessica was pleasantly surprised to see her BUDDDY O PAL David Truebridge! "Heya, David!" she said with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. "How goes it? We should catch up soon - feel like we haven't had a chat in quite a bit," she said in a friendly tone. "Been busy with...secret stuff?" Cue eyebrow wiggling.
There was a voice cutting through the fog...

"Jessica?" David shook himself, blinking more than a few times as Jessica and a whole lot of words came into this weird underground coffee place. Um. He really needed this jolt of caffeine, didn't he? He tried to smile at her and picked up his cup, taking a few steps away from the counter to give her some space.

It still appeared to be very hot, but he was going to take a sip and burn his throat anyway. Anything to avoid answering that question. "I---- yeah, let's catch up. Is now a good time?" He was really feeling very strongly that he should avoid reporting to Level 9 today, but he wasn't sure why. He usually LOVED his secret stuff, as she put it.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 09-08-2020, 10:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 21,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
There was a voice cutting through the fog...

"Jessica?" David shook himself, blinking more than a few times as Jessica and a whole lot of words came into this weird underground coffee place. Um. He really needed this jolt of caffeine, didn't he? He tried to smile at her and picked up his cup, taking a few steps away from the counter to give her some space.

It still appeared to be very hot, but he was going to take a sip and burn his throat anyway. Anything to avoid answering that question. "I---- yeah, let's catch up. Is now a good time?" He was really feeling very strongly that he should avoid reporting to Level 9 today, but he wasn't sure why. He usually LOVED his secret stuff, as she put it.
Jessica counted herself friends with David. However, she did not think she was all THAT close to him. Sure, they had had lunch here and there at work, but outside of work, she didn't see him that much. Bloke liked to keep to himself.

And this is why Jessica was not tuned in enough to notice - at first - anything at all that might be wrong with David Truebridge. He was his usual, shy self.

....until he said NOW would be a good time to catch up. It actually startled a bit, but she broke into a grin. WAS SHE BREAKING HIS OUTER SHELL? Oh my...Jessica felt lucky! "Oh of course now is a great time! We could both probably use a break from work stuff! How are things down there? Busy as can be? I know you can speak much about it all, though," she shrugged a bit as she took a sip of her tea, unaware of his scalding tongue.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-08-2020, 10:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM

Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Jessica counted herself friends with David. However, she did not think she was all THAT close to him. Sure, they had had lunch here and there at work, but outside of work, she didn't see him that much. Bloke liked to keep to himself.

And this is why Jessica was not tuned in enough to notice - at first - anything at all that might be wrong with David Truebridge. He was his usual, shy self.

....until he said NOW would be a good time to catch up. It actually startled a bit, but she broke into a grin. WAS SHE BREAKING HIS OUTER SHELL? Oh my...Jessica felt lucky! "Oh of course now is a great time! We could both probably use a break from work stuff! How are things down there? Busy as can be? I know you can speak much about it all, though," she shrugged a bit as she took a sip of her tea, unaware of his scalding tongue.
No, it was true that David did not easily allow others into his own personal world, unless he'd known them forever or wasn't able to shake them off. Jessica was almost too normal to be friends with the likes of him.

Nevertheless, he gestured toward a few random chairs and sofas in this underground coffee area. "Want to sit?" And stay awhile? Because he needed to figure things out and she, still, was a regular chatterbox. He took a few more painful sips of coffee in the hopes that the bitter liquid would help him remember something.

No luck so far. David sank glumly into a thick red armchair that was missing an arm.

"Yes, things are busy. Times are strange. I don't," he hesitated, unsure even of what he was trying to say, "I don't know." Yes. "I don't know what I can and cannot tell you." He didn't even know what he was TRYING to tell her. Did she see the small beads of sweat breaking out on his forehead already at this agonizingly difficult small conversation??

Maybe he needed to allow the coffee a chance to sink in. Maybe it was the reason he was sweating. "How's your floor? Aren't you dealing with the...um, fallout from that American prisoner?" You know, the one who was murdered in front of hundreds of witnesses at his own trial?
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 09-09-2020, 12:29 AM   #34 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 21,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
No, it was true that David did not easily allow others into his own personal world, unless he'd known them forever or wasn't able to shake them off. Jessica was almost too normal to be friends with the likes of him.

Nevertheless, he gestured toward a few random chairs and sofas in this underground coffee area. "Want to sit?" And stay awhile? Because he needed to figure things out and she, still, was a regular chatterbox. He took a few more painful sips of coffee in the hopes that the bitter liquid would help him remember something.

No luck so far. David sank glumly into a thick red armchair that was missing an arm.

"Yes, things are busy. Times are strange. I don't," he hesitated, unsure even of what he was trying to say, "I don't know." Yes. "I don't know what I can and cannot tell you." He didn't even know what he was TRYING to tell her. Did she see the small beads of sweat breaking out on his forehead already at this agonizingly difficult small conversation??

Maybe he needed to allow the coffee a chance to sink in. Maybe it was the reason he was sweating. "How's your floor? Aren't you dealing with the...um, fallout from that American prisoner?" You know, the one who was murdered in front of hundreds of witnesses at his own trial?

"Of course!"
Jessica = delighted. She was making some progress with David, it seemed! She took a seat next to the limbless armchair and blew on her tea, cupping it in bother her hands as she did. Her dark eyes finally took in his appearance, and she did notice the sweat. The anxious way he was moving...the...confusion. Something in her gut sank. "Are you...okay, David?" she softened her tone. "Hey...don't tell me anything you can't...but...you seem..." she couldn't place the word. "You seem troubled by something. Do you need to talk to someone?" The ministry surely had mental health professionals available, right? Especially for the Unspeakables? And Aurors? It seemed they might need them the most. "I can listen to anything bothering you....if you need to be vague," she offered. Perhaps he had seen something down there that...didn't bode well in him. Who knew all the disturbing nonsense the Mysteries people had to deal with.

Hmm.

Yikes. She sighed. "My department is busy....I am not so much with all...that. I luckily don't handle American affairs." And thank Merlin for that right now. "That was absolutely dreadful business. A murder right here in our place of work!" She shook her head and clicked her tongue as she took another sip of tea. "I'm glad I wasn't in there. I've never dealt with anything that heavy in my entire life." The trauma involved for everything in there! "Where were you when it went down?" she asked curiously. Could that have anything to do with his current appearance?

She began to play with the ends of her hair with her free hand, absentmindedly so as she observed him with that sinking feeling still in her gut. She couldn't place what it was, though.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #35 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM

Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

"Of course!"
Jessica = delighted. She was making some progress with David, it seemed! She took a seat next to the limbless armchair and blew on her tea, cupping it in bother her hands as she did. Her dark eyes finally took in his appearance, and she did notice the sweat. The anxious way he was moving...the...confusion. Something in her gut sank. "Are you...okay, David?" she softened her tone. "Hey...don't tell me anything you can't...but...you seem..." she couldn't place the word. "You seem troubled by something. Do you need to talk to someone?" The ministry surely had mental health professionals available, right? Especially for the Unspeakables? And Aurors? It seemed they might need them the most. "I can listen to anything bothering you....if you need to be vague," she offered. Perhaps he had seen something down there that...didn't bode well in him. Who knew all the disturbing nonsense the Mysteries people had to deal with.

Hmm.

Yikes. She sighed. "My department is busy....I am not so much with all...that. I luckily don't handle American affairs." And thank Merlin for that right now. "That was absolutely dreadful business. A murder right here in our place of work!" She shook her head and clicked her tongue as she took another sip of tea. "I'm glad I wasn't in there. I've never dealt with anything that heavy in my entire life." The trauma involved for everything in there! "Where were you when it went down?" she asked curiously. Could that have anything to do with his current appearance?

She began to play with the ends of her hair with her free hand, absentmindedly so as she observed him with that sinking feeling still in her gut. She couldn't place what it was, though.
No, he was not okay. Could he even say that? Not for security reasons, but for personal ones that involved his chronic inability to discuss his feelings. He stared down at his cooling cup of coffee, hunched over it almost, his mind whirling like a broken clock that kept ticking off the time incorrectly, its gears never quite meshing in the right places.

"Thank you," David said after a long pause, finally looking up at her with his cold blue eyes. And suddenly he felt like rambling. (This was why he didn't normally ingest caffeine.) "I just....I don't know what I'm troubled by, exactly. I feel, uh, I feel fine, yet also groggy, like, foggy, you know, and that's... not my thing. I'm stuck in a mental rut. It's probably just nothing, though. I thought the cofee would help. The Dea--- er, my division, isn't the most cheerful of places. It's kind of the worst place in the entire Ministry sometimes, so I like to go into the other room to read or look someting up. A break, if you will, from the voices, because they can drive a person mad, they---they--- yesterday, I swear they were whispering something about my gloves, and...."

He cut himself off with a deep, deep frown and few blinks. Wait, gloves? Why had he been wearing gloves? Why was he rambling like this to Jessica? Was it because of her hair she kept twirling in the most distracting way? He needed to shut up. He really did.

"That's... fortunate for you." David again forced another swallow of coffee down his throat. He was commencing his shut-up protocol in three...two... "Oh, I wasn't there either." He looked at his now-empty cup. "I never leave my floor. Usually." He seemed fine with the general idea of murder at the Ministry, as awful as it was. Either he was fine with it or he was too preoccupied with his own problems to show much more concern. "Where were you went it went down?" Didn't she have a busy and important title that involved speaking three languages and excellent interpersonal skills? She seemed more likely to attend the trial than a lowly Unspeakable who apparently did unspeakable things in.... gloves?
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 09-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 21,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: yikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
No, he was not okay. Could he even say that? Not for security reasons, but for personal ones that involved his chronic inability to discuss his feelings. He stared down at his cooling cup of coffee, hunched over it almost, his mind whirling like a broken clock that kept ticking off the time incorrectly, its gears never quite meshing in the right places.

"Thank you," David said after a long pause, finally looking up at her with his cold blue eyes. And suddenly he felt like rambling. (This was why he didn't normally ingest caffeine.) "I just....I don't know what I'm troubled by, exactly. I feel, uh, I feel fine, yet also groggy, like, foggy, you know, and that's... not my thing. I'm stuck in a mental rut. It's probably just nothing, though. I thought the cofee would help. The Dea--- er, my division, isn't the most cheerful of places. It's kind of the worst place in the entire Ministry sometimes, so I like to go into the other room to read or look someting up. A break, if you will, from the voices, because they can drive a person mad, they---they--- yesterday, I swear they were whispering something about my gloves, and...."

He cut himself off with a deep, deep frown and few blinks. Wait, gloves? Why had he been wearing gloves? Why was he rambling like this to Jessica? Was it because of her hair she kept twirling in the most distracting way? He needed to shut up. He really did.

"That's... fortunate for you." David again forced another swallow of coffee down his throat. He was commencing his shut-up protocol in three...two... "Oh, I wasn't there either." He looked at his now-empty cup. "I never leave my floor. Usually." He seemed fine with the general idea of murder at the Ministry, as awful as it was. Either he was fine with it or he was too preoccupied with his own problems to show much more concern. "Where were you went it went down?" Didn't she have a busy and important title that involved speaking three languages and excellent interpersonal skills? She seemed more likely to attend the trial than a lowly Unspeakable who apparently did unspeakable things in.... gloves?


Jessica made eye contact. Something was....wrong.

Her stomach turned a little more. Her fingers tapped anxiously against her teacup as she took another small sip of the warm, herbal liquid. "David...maybe...maybe we should go get some fresh air sometimes. Once a day you should take a break from being down there....you'll go mad, my friend," she said in a gentler tone than she normally EVER had, but she was truly concerned for the bloke. "In fact, we could go now if you'd like...but perhaps we can have lunch every day together somewhere NOT on Level 10," she suggested. "I hear Enviro has some cool planty landscapes....the illusion of fresh air and whatnot. I don't know...but....you don't seem all right at all." She finished with a very serious look in his direction.

Where had she been during the trial? "I was doing translations for a pending document from Malaysia...some big fancy banquet was about to take place at the embassy there, and I was just double checking some things for the English member living there." Another sip of her tea. "I didn't feel the need to go when I had such an important document to look over." She shrugged a bit and took the last sip of her tea.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-09-2020, 11:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM

Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: Is this worse than being Imperio'd? Lemme phone a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Jessica made eye contact. Something was....wrong.

Her stomach turned a little more. Her fingers tapped anxiously against her teacup as she took another small sip of the warm, herbal liquid. "David...maybe...maybe we should go get some fresh air sometimes. Once a day you should take a break from being down there....you'll go mad, my friend," she said in a gentler tone than she normally EVER had, but she was truly concerned for the bloke. "In fact, we could go now if you'd like...but perhaps we can have lunch every day together somewhere NOT on Level 10," she suggested. "I hear Enviro has some cool planty landscapes....the illusion of fresh air and whatnot. I don't know...but....you don't seem all right at all." She finished with a very serious look in his direction.

Where had she been during the trial? "I was doing translations for a pending document from Malaysia...some big fancy banquet was about to take place at the embassy there, and I was just double checking some things for the English member living there." Another sip of her tea. "I didn't feel the need to go when I had such an important document to look over." She shrugged a bit and took the last sip of her tea.


David noted the nail tapping. She was.... er, hang on. She didn't understand. No no nooooo, this was all just a big misunderstanding. "You think I'm going mad?" he replied softly, his voice catching a bit as a sudden onslaught of fear caught him unawares. What if he was going mad? Didn't they say mad people lost track of time, did things wihout being aware of it??! Wasn't the first sign of madness doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results? But wasn't that what they did all day long in the Death Chamber??!

"Um, alright," he took in shaky breath. "We can go for a walk." Now? She'd said now. They should go now. He was still dreading reporting to his floor, where the gloves from the other day were well hidden out of sight and out of mind, yet still weighing on him like an anvil. And lunch, erm. "Please don't feel obligated to have lunch with me." He stood up to go toss his empty coffee cup away, returning to stand awkwardly behind the armless armchair. "I would be delighted to have a lunch-- a lunch, uh, a regular lunch buddy." But not one who was just dining with him out of PITY. "But only if you actually, you know, want to eat lunch with me."

He shook his head to himself. He was as pathetic as ever. "I see." So there could be a lot of suspects for the murder of Jack Roller. What a nightmare for Law Enforcement to investigate. He was only slightly interested in this topic and still mostly wondering about those gloves of his, quickly recognizing his own regular patterns of spiraling thoughts. At least he didn't feel so groggy now, though. Thanks, coffee.

"Do you have time for a walk now, er?" Or did she need to get back to translating things?
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 09-10-2020, 11:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 21,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: O_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

David noted the nail tapping. She was.... er, hang on. She didn't understand. No no nooooo, this was all just a big misunderstanding. "You think I'm going mad?" he replied softly, his voice catching a bit as a sudden onslaught of fear caught him unawares. What if he was going mad? Didn't they say mad people lost track of time, did things wihout being aware of it??! Wasn't the first sign of madness doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results? But wasn't that what they did all day long in the Death Chamber??!

"Um, alright," he took in shaky breath. "We can go for a walk." Now? She'd said now. They should go now. He was still dreading reporting to his floor, where the gloves from the other day were well hidden out of sight and out of mind, yet still weighing on him like an anvil. And lunch, erm. "Please don't feel obligated to have lunch with me." He stood up to go toss his empty coffee cup away, returning to stand awkwardly behind the armless armchair. "I would be delighted to have a lunch-- a lunch, uh, a regular lunch buddy." But not one who was just dining with him out of PITY. "But only if you actually, you know, want to eat lunch with me."

He shook his head to himself. He was as pathetic as ever. "I see." So there could be a lot of suspects for the murder of Jack Roller. What a nightmare for Law Enforcement to investigate. He was only slightly interested in this topic and still mostly wondering about those gloves of his, quickly recognizing his own regular patterns of spiraling thoughts. At least he didn't feel so groggy now, though. Thanks, coffee.

"Do you have time for a walk now, er?" Or did she need to get back to translating things?


Um.

Jessica shook her head quickly. "I don't think you are - I just worry that maybe... you might eventually." White lies were okay, right? Because she thought maybe he was already in an outer spiral of madness, but HE did not need to know she thought that. She presumed that would only make things worse.

As he stood up from the armchair, she, too, stood up, stretching her back and groaning in satisfaction as it cracked. "We should. Do you often go out into muggle London? I guess some of us probably LIVE in muggle London," she shrugged, not wanting to ask something as personal as where he lived. However, they had known each other for about a year now, so knowing where he lived wasn't all that weird. Has it really been a year since Beauty and the Brains? She thought to herself. I think so...wow...so much..has changed...in the Ministry, in us... David had been a nervous Nancy even back then, but she still felt like there was something so off about him that she couldn't put her finger on.

As she started leading him out of the tiny little coffee area, she clicked her tongue at him. "David......I want to have lunch with you. If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked you. I don't do pity friendships," she said as if she were reading his mind. "I do many kind things out of pity for people, however - " She made eye contact. "I don't befriend anyone out of pity. And I"m asking you as my friend to have lunches with me." Her tone was quite serious, and her eyes never left his as she spoke.

"Yeah, let's go." She nodded in the direction of the exit.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-12-2020, 02:26 AM   #39 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM

Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,100

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default ya wanna move us to the park?
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Um.

Jessica shook her head quickly. "I don't think you are - I just worry that maybe... you might eventually." White lies were okay, right? Because she thought maybe he was already in an outer spiral of madness, but HE did not need to know she thought that. She presumed that would only make things worse.

As he stood up from the armchair, she, too, stood up, stretching her back and groaning in satisfaction as it cracked. "We should. Do you often go out into muggle London? I guess some of us probably LIVE in muggle London," she shrugged, not wanting to ask something as personal as where he lived. However, they had known each other for about a year now, so knowing where he lived wasn't all that weird. Has it really been a year since Beauty and the Brains? She thought to herself. I think so...wow...so much..has changed...in the Ministry, in us... David had been a nervous Nancy even back then, but she still felt like there was something so off about him that she couldn't put her finger on.

As she started leading him out of the tiny little coffee area, she clicked her tongue at him. "David......I want to have lunch with you. If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked you. I don't do pity friendships," she said as if she were reading his mind. "I do many kind things out of pity for people, however - " She made eye contact. "I don't befriend anyone out of pity. And I"m asking you as my friend to have lunches with me." Her tone was quite serious, and her eyes never left his as she spoke.

"Yeah, let's go." She nodded in the direction of the exit.
....that was a completely unfounded, unjustified worry. "You barely know me," Davie pointed out, clearly prickling at the OBvIOUS implications here. She thought he was going mad. How DARE she. HOW--- okay, well, he KNEW talking about the voices sounded mad, and this, see, this was why he never talked about his work! "I can explain," he added in a hurry. "Just... outside." Where there were fewer chances of being overheard. One could never be too careful....

Er, did he just do the paranoid-going-mad-thing again....?

He shook his head to himself. She was talking again, about something else this time. "Sometimes," he admitted. "I like taking walks at night, when I can't sleep." Why did he admit this? Was this something crazy people did? "I do...er, I just got a flat to myself...." Errr again should he be telling her this? "Do you still live with your brother?" Clever move, Davie. Divert the conversation back to Jessica, since she liked to talk.

He trailed after her, tucking his hands in his pockets and keeping just a few steps behind so his long legs didn't propel him ahead. Ah, uh huh. "Oh." So, this was a pity walk then, is that what she was saying? He couldn't interpret this subtext correctly, unfortunately. There weren't enough cups of coffee in the world to wake Davie's brain up and teach it how to talk to women. "Okay then, we'll....'do'....lunch."

That was the phrase, yes? He even put little air quotes around 'do' with his long fingers, returning his hands to his pockets again so he could stew properly in silence.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 09-12-2020, 05:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 21,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default 1/2 of the post going here... I'll post next somewhere ELSE
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: poor Davie):
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
....that was a completely unfounded, unjustified worry. "You barely know me," Davie pointed out, clearly prickling at the OBvIOUS implications here. She thought he was going mad. How DARE she. HOW--- okay, well, he KNEW talking about the voices sounded mad, and this, see, this was why he never talked about his work! "I can explain," he added in a hurry. "Just... outside." Where there were fewer chances of being overheard. One could never be too careful....

Er, did he just do the paranoid-going-mad-thing again....?

He shook his head to himself. She was talking again, about something else this time. "Sometimes," he admitted. "I like taking walks at night, when I can't sleep." Why did he admit this? Was this something crazy people did? "I do...er, I just got a flat to myself...." Errr again should he be telling her this? "Do you still live with your brother?" Clever move, Davie. Divert the conversation back to Jessica, since she liked to talk.

He trailed after her, tucking his hands in his pockets and keeping just a few steps behind so his long legs didn't propel him ahead. Ah, uh huh. "Oh." So, this was a pity walk then, is that what she was saying? He couldn't interpret this subtext correctly, unfortunately. There weren't enough cups of coffee in the world to wake Davie's brain up and teach it how to talk to women. "Okay then, we'll....'do'....lunch."

That was the phrase, yes? He even put little air quotes around 'do' with his long fingers, returning his hands to his pockets again so he could stew properly in silence.


"Explain what?" she asked as she began to head out. It was weird, and it made Jessica look around for other people because of the way he was behaving. Almost as if he didn't want anyone to know he was having these issues, perhaps? Maybe he wanted the utmost privacy to discuss things. Jessica could understand.

She held open the door for him..."After you."
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
kayquilz is offline  
Old 09-27-2020, 11:09 PM   #41 (permalink)

MO
Dugbog
 
Alphonsine Rosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 143
Default

It might have been an odd choice for a rendezvous point, but Alphonsine had her reasons. It was as secluded a place as one could get in the Ministry and as far as she knew, few people visited this hidden little scene. But in case anyone did stumble upon her and her companion - a fellow Ministry employee - it would simply appear as an innocent coffee break.

She brought her own mug down to the lower level, but she wouldn't dare drink anything that might already be there. That wasn't something she was willing to risk. The mug was simply a prop anyway, under the guise of having a coffee break, though she did have it partially filled with her own blend already. And yes, she was pleased that she found herself alone so far in this underground coffee club. She busied herself at the counter while she waited.
__________________
Alphonsine Rosier is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:18 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189