SnitchSeeker.com

SnitchSeeker.com (https://www.snitchseeker.com/forum.php)
-   Ancient Runes (https://www.snitchseeker.com/ancient-runes/)
-   -   Ancient Runes - EHWAZ! DANCE & DERBY (Lesson one) (https://www.snitchseeker.com/ancient-runes/ancient-runes-ehwaz-dance-and-derby-lesson-one-115970/)

Uncle Moose 05-14-2021 01:48 PM

Ancient Runes - EHWAZ! DANCE & DERBY (Lesson one)
 
ANCIENT RUNES - LESSON ONE

As you come into the Ancient Runes Classroom you notice it instantly. The Room was light blue, with some florescent magenta lamps lit in the corners and another light set up near the front of the class that emitted multiple starry white lights that moved around the classroom. Surely this hasn't been the weirdest classroom set up you've seen thus far in your time at Hogwarts? At the Center of the classroom was a Dance Floor. Beyond the Dance Floor is a little band set-up. Your Professor was pacing around the band instruments that were silently tuning themselves. Making sure that his magic was perfect and that the instruments would work on their own.

Pushed off in the corner was something large it was covered in a black cloth and it's shape looked a little odd. This should not concern you. It wasn't the most interesting thing in the room at the moment after all.

As he sees the students begin to file in he turns his attention toward you. "Please stand around the dance floor, not on it. Place your belongings behind you." He also took a look down at each of your feet. "Be sure to have on those comfortable shoes that I asked you to have on before class."

Say your hellos, talk among yourselves briefly. Class will begin shortly.


_____________

OOC: Come on in. Welcome to my first Ancient Runes class of the year. BUT THIS IS NOT YOUR STUDENTS FIRST AR CLASS IC. Yes, As this is currently October IC Professor Gunter would have had multiple classes before this one. So your students should be somewhat familiar with my Professor by now, as he would be with your student.

Also please familiarize yourself with the Classroom Rules if you have not already done so.

THE LESSON HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED. POST AS THOUGH YOU HAVE BEEN IN CLASS FRONT THIS POINT ON.


Lesson Log:

Felixir 05-14-2021 02:32 PM

The classroom was an eyesore, no two ways about it, and not exactly promising. Dance floor plus request for comfortable shoes plus instruments equalled a lesson activity Nem had instantly written off. Whatever. If it weren't for Ancient Runes having the potential to be both interesting and useful, and Gunter's actual knowledge on the subject, Nem may have turned around and walked right back out again. As it was, they stayed.

But they didn't greet Gunter. He'd been on the wooden bridge, they remembered, and they'd yet to approach him to talk one-to-one just yet, had limited their interactions to sporadic answers in class only, not even 'hello' or 'goodbye' at either end of the lesson period. Assessing things, feeling out the situation. Maybe it was time they spoke.

Not now, though. Obviously. Right now, went to stand off at the perimeter of the dance floor, leaning back against the wall, near the door, and far from the band.

DuckyLinJi 05-14-2021 02:59 PM

The setup for today’s lesson was not what he had expected and for a second the Hufflepuff first year had thought he had entered the wrong classroom. But no, he could see the Professor in the back of the room working on some instruments. Probably using magic to make them play on their own.

He was wearing his comfortable shoes but upon seeing the room he wished he had forgotten them and so had an excuse to leave the room to go and grab them. AKA pretend to get lost on his way to the dormitory and accidentally miss a class because he was certain that they were going to have to DANCE.

And Daniel Yoon did not dance! His brother was more the party type even if his moves were horrible.

” Hello Professor” he greeted before looking around for a place to stand. Seeing as not many students had arrived yet there were plenty of places to stand and for a split second, he thought about going to stand next to the older Slytherin because they looked SO COOL leaning against that wall near the door.

But they were way older than him and he'd feel really awkward and UNCOOL standing next to them so he chose to stand somewhere else.

Please don't make them dance today, professor T_T

Tegz 05-14-2021 03:05 PM

Likewise, Pax did not greet the professor either, but that was at least partly because she was judging whatever this was. Honestly it wasn't that she had a problem with dance floors in the right setting, but would it kill professors to just have normal lessons where they sat at normal desks and actually learned what was needed for their exams instead of everything being either quirky or feelsy or both? Pax was sick of it, but she would put up with this as long as Professor Gunter did not try and get her to talk about her feelings.

She stood next to her twin and from that spot, examined the large covered thing, because actually it was the most interesting thing in the room, potentially at least.

Jury was still out.

FearlessLeader19 05-14-2021 03:34 PM

Naturally, the set up of the classroom {the revolving lights and the magenta lamps} was rather attention catching. Claudine decided immediately that she liked it. The dance floor… not so much. Sweet baby dragons! Please don’t let it be that they would be dancing sometime during this lesson. Cue her eyeing the instruments as well.

“Hi, Professor.” Oh, stand around the dance floor? Sure, that was easy enough to do, especially since there was a tiny gathering by the entrance’s wall. Claudine and her comfortable, soft-soled shoes took themselves to a corner of the floor, eyeing the thing covered with the black cloth. Whatever the thing was.

Dumblydor 05-14-2021 05:03 PM

Alfred was highly surprised when he walked into the room. He was sure he must have walked into the wrong room before he spotted Professor Gunter near the back. So this was their classroom. Why had it taken the form of a dance floor and stage that looked like it was out of some small town talent show? Would they have to dance? The only dancing he could do was ballet, and he was sure ballet belonged nowhere near a typical dance floor.

"Hello, Professor." He was indeed wearing comfortable shoes, as expected. Alfred went and stood near his friend Daniel, who he offered a small smile before curiously observing the large covered object, which certainly seemed like the most interesting thing in the room to him.

Stefan 05-14-2021 05:46 PM

Too bright, Uncle Oakey. TOO. MUCH. COLOR. So much of the setup reminded him of their mum, and he was certain that Scarlett would have a field day today, just because of the look of the room; the bright lights, the dance floor, the drum kit. Noah quickly snapped his mouth shut as he entered the classroom(?), and deposited his bag near where he too stood a few paces away from the edge of the dance floor.

"Hello Professor," Uncle. The Gryffindor gave the man a finger salute, wishing him, again, the best of luck today. Merlin knows he needed it.

Without the usual chairs, Noah sat on the floor and busied himself re-tying his white sneakers as they all waited for the others to arrive.

Hey Ju 05-14-2021 05:58 PM

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Scarlett announced as soon as she stepped into the classroom. NOT Ancient Runes, mind YOU, THAT was kind of boring. But the DANCE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHICH... she wasn't allowed on yet. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hufflepuff bounced her way in, carelessly throwing her belongings on the floor before standing where uncle Oakey could see her. "HI, UNCLE OAKEY!!!!!!! I need to talk to YOU after CLASS!!!!!!!!!!" She POINTED her index finger RIGHT AT HIM from all the way over there. He was FAR, and the room was kind of DARK, HENCE her speaking SO LOUD, okay.

Anyway, since she wasn't allowed ON the dance floor YET, she chose to go stand by her older brother. He was, HOWEVER, sitting on the floor fixing his shoes.

GOODY, a SEAT!!!!!!!! And so she sat on him. Quiiiite literally.

Chelliephone 05-14-2021 06:42 PM

The request for comfortable foot wear had seemed an odd one to Evan, but who was he to question. So he had slipped into his white tennis shoes outside of the classroom, placing his normal shoes for his uniform into his book bag. The tennies looked... odd with the rest of his Ravenclaw ensemble and he was wishing he had blue converse or something of the sort but.. no matter. He highly doubted Professor was going to be judging them based on how well they matched.

Hopefully.

Entering the classroom, he nodded in acknowledge to Professor Gunter, offering a soft "Hello, sir." As he made his way to stand around the dance floor, squinting a bit due to the lights. This was an... interesting set up. He eyed the black curtain suspiciously as well as he settled into a spot a bit away from the others already congregated. He placed all of his items directly behind him.

LilFox06 05-14-2021 07:27 PM

Misa happily opted to wear something besides her uniform. It was not particularly stylish or comfortable. She took every opportunity not to be in it.

"Hello Professor." she greeted in her usual soft voice. She took in the scene. Was that a dance floor? That... was an odd choice? Or was it? She still hadn't gotten a hang of the ever changing customs here. Perhaps this was perfectly normal?

MadAlice 05-14-2021 11:33 PM

Ancient Runes was another of Violet's favorites, so she walked in feeling confident and cheerful. But as soon as she entered the classroom, she stopped, her book-bag halfway off her shoulder, a greeting to the professor arrested on her lips, and she looked around.

This didn't look at all like a classroom for Runes. It looked like...it looked like....a dancefloor! Violet was stunned, and slightly horrified. He wasn't going to make them dance, was he? In front of everybody?! Violet had a very bad feeling about this, as she managed to mumble a halfway coherent greeting and went over to an empty spot around the circle, dropping her bookbag on the floor behind her without even looking.

sweetpinkpixie 05-15-2021 08:31 AM

Jay...we've come full circle *emo*
 
Atlas really wanted to be good at Ancient Runes...and absolutely not just because Aries was not good at these sorts of things and he wanted to one up on his older brother. There was more to Ancient Runes that was appealing to the young Gryffindor, but something with him and the previous professor on the subject had just not...clicked. Whatever had been taught had gone in one ear and out the other which, to be fair, may have had more to do with the circumstances of last term that had more to do with his inability to grasp the subject with the proficiency he desired. But...new term and new professor...a new leaf had literally been turned over.

Stepping into the classroom brought about some instant regrets...many instant regrets.

Maybe he could just turn around and leave and no one would notice? Clearly...this was dance practice...for...something else. Yes. He might just...maybe a quick escape. Both he and his two left feet.

"Sorry...wrong classroom..." he murmured, Ancient Runes textbook still clutched to his chest as he turned to leave and avoid certain humiliation.

Kolyander 05-15-2021 12:21 PM

Runes was not her strong suit. It wasn't the most interesting of classes in her opinion, however the use of runes themselves were helpful. Therefore she was on her way. As way. With her most comfortable pair of sneakers she owned which just so happened to be mostly white with a lilac strip along the side as well as the laces. The request for comfortable shoes didn't even seem odd to her and she thought nothing of it when she had gotten herself ready for the lesson.

Stepping into the classroom, Dahlia was slightly confused by the blue lights, dance floor and.. was that a band set up in the corner? "Whoa.." she giggled softly, looking about the room slowly until her eyes fell upon the professor. "Hello, Professor Gunter. I really like the setup you have going on here today."

It had only taken a moment or two for her eyes to adjust to the blue light and honestly she liked it better than the brighter normal ones. As for the starry lights that danced around, well those reminded her of camping during the summer and she liked those a lot too. Finding an empty spot near the dance floor but NOT on it she placed her bag down behind her.

While dancing wasn't entirely her thing, she could dance a little bit. She wasn't incredibly terrible at it. It was the music she was more interested in. Music soothed the soul.

PhoenixRising 05-15-2021 12:35 PM

Apollo wasn't sure what to make of Ancient Runes just yet. The new professor seemed okay and at least he didn't seem to be having them talk about their feelings which was a good thing. Although a dance setup? Was Professor Gunter preparing them for auditions? But not everyone who was auditioning for the play took runes? Perhaps this would give him a leg up?

"Hello Professor," he said, uncertainly, as he went to stand by Dahlia.

wednesday 05-15-2021 02:46 PM

Ollie entered the class in her typical school shoes. It was weird that the professor would ask for comfortable shoes. But, upon arriving to class, Ollie realized. In the middle of the room stood a dance floor with many instruments tuning themselves as the students flooded in. She listened to the professor's instructions and stood on the very edge of the dance floor taking in the scene. What did this have to do with Ancient Runes?

Watson 05-15-2021 03:39 PM

Uhhhhh....

This was most certainly NOT her Ancient Runes classroom. She looked down at the map that she had created during her first month at school, trying to figure out which wrong turn she took. She couldn’t find one. Huh. She snapped her book close, walked through the threshold of the classroom, and looked around the extravagantly transformed classroom.

Hello Professor!” she greeted, noting him near the instruments. She gave a quick smile to her brother and her friends before standing next to Ollie. “Hiya Ollie... Guess the shoes are for dancing?” She glanced down at her own choice of shoes, happily settling for her bright pink gumboots. Certainly it was a fashion statement but it made her happy.

Would they have to find a partner to dance with it......?

astrocat 05-15-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 (Post 12495707)
Naturally, the set up of the classroom {the revolving lights and the magenta lamps} was rather attention catching. Claudine decided immediately that she liked it. The dance floor… not so much. Sweet baby dragons! Please don’t let it be that they would be dancing sometime during this lesson. Cue her eyeing the instruments as well.

“Hi, Professor.” Oh, stand around the dance floor? Sure, that was easy enough to do, especially since there was a tiny gathering by the entrance’s wall. Claudine and her comfortable, soft-soled shoes took themselves to a corner of the floor, eyeing the thing covered with the black cloth. Whatever the thing was.

This class was alright. Ash somehow related to the professor, although she wasn't sure why. Just something. She'd think about it. It was locked in her subconscious. She'd find it one day. "Hi professor."

Ash did not like to dance though. She sometimes did ballet, but that was more of an exercise thing than anything else.

She waved at Lisa and stood next to Claudine. "Hiiii. I hope the professor is dancing, and not me. Or Kale, and not me. Literally anyone who isn't me. I like the setup though." It was pretty cool. All in all, this was an okay class.

Emzily 05-15-2021 07:45 PM

Remy wasn't exactly sure where she was at first. This was the usual place where she found the Ancient Runes classroom, but she had to admit that this castle was still a massive maze to her. It looked different today. She lingered in the doorway and noticed some familiar faces before sliding silently into the room. She stood near Lisa and Ollie, offering them both a smile and a wave.

Her attention, however, was focused on the dance floor in front of them, her heartbeat POUNDING at the idea of dancing in front of all of these people. Absolutely NAWT gonna happen. The Gryffindor smiled at the professor, and looked down at everyone else's shoes to compare hers to theirs.

MadMadamMalfoy 05-15-2021 08:38 PM

Heath entered the ancient runes classroom wearing a pair of black sneakers with his school uniform. He blinked several times, though he was unsure if it was from his eyes adjusting to the bright shades of blue and magenta or from confusion at the scene in front of him. There was so much to take in, he wasn't sure where to look first… the starry lights, the band… Then his heart dropped as he saw it, the dance floor.

Oh no no no no no, he did not dance! Not unless it was required for an acting role, and that was very different. At least then if he made a mistake, it was the character being judged for it, not himself! Heath was so nervous at the possibility of dancing - or more accurately, looking stupid while doing so - that he almost forgot to greet Professor Gunter. "Hello, Professor," he said quietly.

He quickly beelined for a corner, joining Claudine and Ash. "Hi," he greeted the two girls, willing himself not to look at the dance floor. He caught a glimpse of the thing covered by the black cloth, but he wasn't in the mood to venture a guess what it was. Instead he was more interested in the band. Now that was something he could use! Could they learn the spells the professor used to make the instruments play instead of dancing? Please?

Harron Peasley 05-15-2021 10:05 PM

Florrie actually really liked Runes, but she was still not sure about the lessons at Hogwarts. And today... Well, it was proving her uncertainty was right. She had on trainers, as requested, but she still wasn't prepared for a dance floor. Or instruments. Or a covered.... thing? Whatever it was, she was not prepared.

She had planned on standing next to Noah, but seeing that annoying little first year Scarlett literally sit on him.... Well, that put her off going over there. So instead, with a nod of greeting to the Professor, Florrie went and stood next to Misa, offering her a smile and a nod, too.

Uncle Moose 05-16-2021 03:20 AM

SPOILER!!: Hi Hellos all back to everyone.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Felixir (Post 12495700)
The classroom was an eyesore, no two ways about it, and not exactly promising. Dance floor plus request for comfortable shoes plus instruments equalled a lesson activity Nem had instantly written off. Whatever. If it weren't for Ancient Runes having the potential to be both interesting and useful, and Gunter's actual knowledge on the subject, Nem may have turned around and walked right back out again. As it was, they stayed.

But they didn't greet Gunter. He'd been on the wooden bridge, they remembered, and they'd yet to approach him to talk one-to-one just yet, had limited their interactions to sporadic answers in class only, not even 'hello' or 'goodbye' at either end of the lesson period. Assessing things, feeling out the situation. Maybe it was time they spoke.

Not now, though. Obviously. Right now, went to stand off at the perimeter of the dance floor, leaning back against the wall, near the door, and far from the band.

Oakey still couldn't properly place Nemesis Upstead. Since the battle and the wooden bridge, and former Headmistress Truebridge's demise at their hands. He wasn't yet sure on his own opinion on letting them continue their education at Hogwarts but Oakey was not going to make any complaints. Nemesis could have very well decided themselves to not return. Yet here they are, and in his class no less. They had been more or less active in class to up to this point. Oakey was not going to let any moment pass by in trying to teach Nemesis.

Perhaps he should begin to open up to them? He sent the young Slytherin a court nod. Truly pleased that they decided to stick it out for the lesson.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi (Post 12495704)
The setup for today’s lesson was not what he had expected and for a second the Hufflepuff first year had thought he had entered the wrong classroom. But no, he could see the Professor in the back of the room working on some instruments. Probably using magic to make them play on their own.

He was wearing his comfortable shoes but upon seeing the room he wished he had forgotten them and so had an excuse to leave the room to go and grab them. AKA pretend to get lost on his way to the dormitory and accidentally miss a class because he was certain that they were going to have to DANCE.

And Daniel Yoon did not dance! His brother was more the party type even if his moves were horrible.

” Hello Professor” he greeted before looking around for a place to stand. Seeing as not many students had arrived yet there were plenty of places to stand and for a split second, he thought about going to stand next to the older Slytherin because they looked SO COOL leaning against that wall near the door.

But they were way older than him and he'd feel really awkward and UNCOOL standing next to them so he chose to stand somewhere else.

Please don't make them dance today, professor T_T

"Hello, Daniel." Oakey gave the First Year Hufflepuff a smile. It was always a pleasure to see such young minds ready to learn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegz (Post 12495705)
Likewise, Pax did not greet the professor either, but that was at least partly because she was judging whatever this was. Honestly it wasn't that she had a problem with dance floors in the right setting, but would it kill professors to just have normal lessons where they sat at normal desks and actually learned what was needed for their exams instead of everything being either quirky or feelsy or both? Pax was sick of it, but she would put up with this as long as Professor Gunter did not try and get her to talk about her feelings.

She stood next to her twin and from that spot, examined the large covered thing, because actually it was the most interesting thing in the room, potentially at least.

Jury was still out.

Pax too got a nod her way as she decided to stand beside her Brother. Was it an Upstead thing to be broody and hang back? He noticed her look toward the covered object in the back. Not going there yet young lady. But your curiosity was most welcome.

Oakey was very excited about today's lesson. He did noticed his luck rune was lighting up on his right hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 (Post 12495707)
Naturally,
the set up of the classroom {the revolving lights and the magenta lamps} was rather attention catching. Claudine decided immediately that she liked it. The dance floor… not so much. Sweet baby dragons! Please don’t let it be that they would be dancing sometime during this lesson. Cue her eyeing the instruments as well.

“Hi, Professor.” Oh, stand around the dance floor? Sure, that was easy enough to do, especially since there was a tiny gathering by the entrance’s wall. Claudine and her comfortable, soft-soled shoes took themselves to a corner of the floor, eyeing the thing covered with the black cloth. Whatever the thing was.

"Hello Claudine. Always good to see you." Sending her a smile as she gathered around the other students by the dance floor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumblydor (Post 12495720)
Alfred was highly surprised when he walked into the room. He was sure he must have walked into the wrong room before he spotted Professor Gunter near the back. So this was their classroom. Why had it taken the form of a dance floor and stage that looked like it was out of some small town talent show? Would they have to dance? The only dancing he could do was ballet, and he was sure ballet belonged nowhere near a typical dance floor.

"Hello, Professor." He was indeed wearing comfortable shoes, as expected. Alfred went and stood near his friend Daniel, who he offered a small smile before curiously observing the large covered object, which certainly seemed like the most interesting thing in the room to him.

"Alfred. Pleasure to see you." Yet another student more intrigued with the black covered object. All in good time young snake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 12495726)
Too bright, Uncle Oakey. TOO. MUCH. COLOR. So much of the setup reminded him of their mum, and he was certain that Scarlett would have a field day today, just because of the look of the room; the bright lights, the dance floor, the drum kit. Noah quickly snapped his mouth shut as he entered the classroom(?), and deposited his bag near where he too stood a few paces away from the edge of the dance floor.

"Hello Professor," Uncle. The Gryffindor gave the man a finger salute, wishing him, again, the best of luck today. Merlin knows he needed it.

Without the usual chairs, Noah sat on the floor and busied himself re-tying his white sneakers as they all waited for the others to arrive.

There was a slight sigh that escaped his lips as Noah came into the classroom and sat on the floor. "Noah I do believe I asked everyone to stand around the dance floor." He would of course ask his Godson to stand up with everyone else had it not been for what happened immediately after...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey Ju (Post 12495729)
WOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Scarlett announced as soon as she stepped into the classroom. NOT Ancient Runes, mind YOU, THAT was kind of boring. But the DANCE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHICH... she wasn't allowed on yet. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hufflepuff bounced her way in, carelessly throwing her belongings on the floor before standing where uncle Oakey could see her. "HI, UNCLE OAKEY!!!!!!! I need to talk to YOU after CLASS!!!!!!!!!!" She POINTED her index finger RIGHT AT HIM from all the way over there. He was FAR, and the room was kind of DARK, HENCE her speaking SO LOUD, okay.

Anyway, since she wasn't allowed ON the dance floor YET, she chose to go stand by her older brother. He was, HOWEVER, sitting on the floor fixing his shoes.

GOODY, a SEAT!!!!!!!! And so she sat on him. Quiiiite literally.

Yes a second sigh escaped his lips. The Mordaunts... why them? Two of his Godchildren just breaking rules right off the get go. "Scarlett, I am your Professor currently, Professor Gunter you should know to call me this by now. and do not rudely point. Also... stand up off Noah, let him get up. As I asked him to."

The whole sitting thing. That was an easy fix, but Scarlett was a loose cannon. "I'm deducting 3 points from Hufflepuff for not following one of my classroom rules." Respect.

Of course she can speak with him after class. They can chat anytime in his Office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelliephone (Post 12495734)
The request for comfortable foot wear had seemed an odd one to Evan, but who was he to question. So he had slipped into his white tennis shoes outside of the classroom, placing his normal shoes for his uniform into his book bag. The tennies looked... odd with the rest of his Ravenclaw ensemble and he was wishing he had blue converse or something of the sort but.. no matter. He highly doubted Professor was going to be judging them based on how well they matched.

Hopefully.

Entering the classroom, he nodded in acknowledge to Professor Gunter, offering a soft "Hello, sir." As he made his way to stand around the dance floor, squinting a bit due to the lights. This was an... interesting set up. He eyed the black curtain suspiciously as well as he settled into a spot a bit away from the others already congregated. He placed all of his items directly behind him.

Those Shoes? With his school uniform!? No...no judgement Oakey! His classroom was a no judgement zone after all. Mental 3 points deducted from himself. "Hello, Evan. Nice shoes."

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilFox06 (Post 12495740)
Misa happily opted to wear something besides her uniform. It was not particularly stylish or comfortable. She took every opportunity not to be in it.

"Hello Professor." she greeted in her usual soft voice. She took in the scene. Was that a dance floor? That... was an odd choice? Or was it? She still hadn't gotten a hang of the ever changing customs here. Perhaps this was perfectly normal?

"Hello Misa." Professor Gunter gave her a nod and smile as she joined everyone around the dance floor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadAlice (Post 12495758)
Ancient Runes was another of Violet's favorites, so she walked in feeling confident and cheerful. But as soon as she entered the classroom, she stopped, her book-bag halfway off her shoulder, a greeting to the professor arrested on her lips, and she looked around.

This didn't look at all like a classroom for Runes. It looked like...it looked like....a dancefloor! Violet was stunned, and slightly horrified. He wasn't going to make them dance, was he? In front of everybody?! Violet had a very bad feeling about this, as she managed to mumble a halfway coherent greeting and went over to an empty spot around the circle, dropping her bookbag on the floor behind her without even looking.

Huh what? Did she say something? Odd...Violet was usually very enthused when it came to Ancient Runes. What's got her all reserved now? "Always good to have you in class, Violet." Oakey tilted his head to one side to get a better feel on this change in attitude?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolyander (Post 12495795)
Runes was not her strong suit. It wasn't the most interesting of classes in her opinion, however the use of runes themselves were helpful. Therefore she was on her way. As way. With her most comfortable pair of sneakers she owned which just so happened to be mostly white with a lilac strip along the side as well as the laces. The request for comfortable shoes didn't even seem odd to her and she thought nothing of it when she had gotten herself ready for the lesson.

Stepping into the classroom, Dahlia was slightly confused by the blue lights, dance floor and.. was that a band set up in the corner? "Whoa.." she giggled softly, looking about the room slowly until her eyes fell upon the professor. "Hello, Professor Gunter. I really like the setup you have going on here today."

It had only taken a moment or two for her eyes to adjust to the blue light and honestly she liked it better than the brighter normal ones. As for the starry lights that danced around, well those reminded her of camping during the summer and she liked those a lot too. Finding an empty spot near the dance floor but NOT on it she placed her bag down behind her.

While dancing wasn't entirely her thing, she could dance a little bit. She wasn't incredibly terrible at it. It was the music she was more interested in. Music soothed the soul.

Now that was a reaction! "Whoa indeed. Thank you Dahlia." It was good to see some less hesitant faces popping up in class now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (Post 12495798)
Apollo wasn't sure what to make of Ancient Runes just yet. The new professor seemed okay and at least he didn't seem to be having them talk about their feelings which was a good thing. Although a dance setup? Was Professor Gunter preparing them for auditions? But not everyone who was auditioning for the play took runes? Perhaps this would give him a leg up?

"Hello Professor," he said, uncertainly, as he went to stand by Dahlia.

"Hello Apollo." The Ancient Runes-Man sent a court nod toward the Gryffindor boy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wednesday (Post 12495812)
Ollie entered the class in her typical school shoes. It was weird that the professor would ask for comfortable shoes. But, upon arriving to class, Ollie realized. In the middle of the room stood a dance floor with many instruments tuning themselves as the students flooded in. She listened to the professor's instructions and stood on the very edge of the dance floor taking in the scene. What did this have to do with Ancient Runes?

His instructions asked that they wear what they considered most comfortable so if Olive believed her School Shoes to be just so he would not forbid it. Still he was positive most students would jump at the chance to change up any part of their uniform.

Oh well... to each their own he supposed. "Hello, Olive." If at any point she felt she needed to change her footwear Professor Gunter was LUCKILY prepared for just such an event.

The Rune on his right hand glowed once more , but remained ignorant of it's light still.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 12495822)
Uhhhhh....

This was most certainly NOT her Ancient Runes classroom. She looked down at the map that she had created during her first month at school, trying to figure out which wrong turn she took. She couldn’t find one. Huh. She snapped her book close, walked through the threshold of the classroom, and looked around the extravagantly transformed classroom.

Hello Professor!” she greeted, noting him near the instruments. She gave a quick smile to her brother and her friends before standing next to Ollie. “Hiya Ollie... Guess the shoes are for dancing?” She glanced down at her own choice of shoes, happily settling for her bright pink gumboots. Certainly it was a fashion statement but it made her happy.

Would they have to find a partner to dance with it......?

"Hello, Lisa." Professor Gunter gave the little Ravenclaw a smile and then looked at her boots. Uh...wow. Were those rainboots? Bright pink rainboots? He held back a soft chuckle. Again...if she found those to be the most comfortable footwear in her wardrobe then she was by all means permitted to wear them to class today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrocat (Post 12495838)
This class was alright. Ash somehow related to the professor, although she wasn't sure why. Just something. She'd think about it. It was locked in her subconscious. She'd find it one day. "Hi professor."

Ash did not like to dance though. She sometimes did ballet, but that was more of an exercise thing than anything else.

She waved at Lisa and stood next to Claudine. "Hiiii. I hope the professor is dancing, and not me. Or Kale, and not me. Literally anyone who isn't me. I like the setup though." It was pretty cool. All in all, this was an okay class.

"Hello Ashley. Good to always have you." He smiled her way and nodded as well. Come in and come to learn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emzily (Post 12495858)
Remy wasn't exactly sure where she was at first. This was the usual place where she found the Ancient Runes classroom, but she had to admit that this castle was still a massive maze to her. It looked different today. She lingered in the doorway and noticed some familiar faces before sliding silently into the room. She stood near Lisa and Ollie, offering them both a smile and a wave.

Her attention, however, was focused on the dance floor in front of them, her heartbeat POUNDING at the idea of dancing in front of all of these people. Absolutely NAWT gonna happen. The Gryffindor smiled at the professor, and looked down at everyone else's shoes to compare hers to theirs.

He couldn't quite place the emotion young Remy was feeling but Professor Gunter was pretty sure she was excited. Which got him all pumped up too. Perhaps this was a anxious excitement to get on that dance floor and dance like crazy!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy (Post 12495869)
Heath entered the ancient runes classroom wearing a pair of black sneakers with his school uniform. He blinked several times, though he was unsure if it was from his eyes adjusting to the bright shades of blue and magenta or from confusion at the scene in front of him. There was so much to take in, he wasn't sure where to look first… the starry lights, the band… Then his heart dropped as he saw it, the dance floor.

Oh no no no no no, he did not dance! Not unless it was required for an acting role, and that was very different. At least then if he made a mistake, it was the character being judged for it, not himself! Heath was so nervous at the possibility of dancing - or more accurately, looking stupid while doing so - that he almost forgot to greet Professor Gunter. "Hello, Professor," he said quietly.

He quickly beelined for a corner, joining Claudine and Ash. "Hi," he greeted the two girls, willing himself not to look at the dance floor. He caught a glimpse of the thing covered by the black cloth, but he wasn't in the mood to venture a guess what it was. Instead he was more interested in the band. Now that was something he could use! Could they learn the spells the professor used to make the instruments play instead of dancing? Please?

Hmmm...Heath looked nervous. Not to worry though! Oakey had it all figured out. "Hello Heath. Settle in."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harron Peasley (Post 12495883)
Florrie actually really liked Runes, but she was still not sure about the lessons at Hogwarts. And today... Well, it was proving her uncertainty was right. She had on trainers, as requested, but she still wasn't prepared for a dance floor. Or instruments. Or a covered.... thing? Whatever it was, she was not prepared.

She had planned on standing next to Noah, but seeing that annoying little first year Scarlett literally sit on him.... Well, that put her off going over there. So instead, with a nod of greeting to the Professor, Florrie went and stood next to Misa, offering her a smile and a nod, too.

Some more quiet nods. Oakey returned her a nod back. He doesn't mind them, but he wasn't going to force the kids to speak up as they were just filing into class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie (Post 12495788)
Atlas really wanted to be good at Ancient Runes...and absolutely not just because Aries was not good at these sorts of things and he wanted to one up on his older brother. There was more to Ancient Runes that was appealing to the young Gryffindor, but something with him and the previous professor on the subject had just not...clicked. Whatever had been taught had gone in one ear and out the other which, to be fair, may have had more to do with the circumstances of last term that had more to do with his inability to grasp the subject with the proficiency he desired. But...new term and new professor...a new leaf had literally been turned over.

Stepping into the classroom brought about some instant regrets...many instant regrets.

Maybe he could just turn around and leave and no one would notice? Clearly...this was dance practice...for...something else. Yes. He might just...maybe a quick escape. Both he and his two left feet.

"Sorry...wrong classroom..." he murmured, Ancient Runes textbook still clutched to his chest as he turned to leave and avoid certain humiliation.

With Atlas' entrance before he could leave the door shut behind him. "Made it just in time, Atlas. Very lucky." Anyone who came into class past this point would now be tardy. Huh...did he say something about this being the wrong class? ...no... this was certainly the right class. Same as it had been the other times too. Weird kid... Good kid too.

"Welcome back to Ancient Runes." Professor Gunter said to everyone now. Coming forward from the small stage toward the class who had all gathered around the Dance Floor. "It should be pretty obvious by now, but for the start of the class today I'm holding a little dance party." He took another step forward, but he misjudged the distance between the edge of the small stage and some the moving white lights moved right into his face as he went to step on to the dance floor. Awkwardly flailing his arms "Oh YIKES!" He blurted out as he fumbled downward. He didn't faceplant, but his fall did look rather unpleasant. He took a quick glance to his right hand as he noticed it's glow fading. Lot of help that was? Where was the warning? Right yes... he stood up.

"You can dance in pairs if you want to, or you can dance on your own. Dance however you like to. Ballet, Ballroom, Break Dance." He recovered. And kept speaking as though there was now unlucky tumble seconds before. "Do what you makes you feel most comfortable. No one here is going to judge you on how well you can dance. This dance floor is a judgement free zone. In fact it's my personal opinion that there is no such thing as bad dancing. Errr...keep it appropriate of course, and strictly no moshing." Yes Professor Gunter knew what moshing was and he would not let any pits open up on his dance floor.

"If you absolutely do not want to dance, I understand. All that I ask is that you stretch, walk around the floor, do jumping jacks, run in place, doesn't matter. What is most important is that you move, and loosen up. Movement is key." He looked around to the class once more to take in their faces."I promise it will all make perfect sense once the party ends, and we move on to the full lesson."

With that. Professor Gunter turned his attention toward the band that was tuning itself. He swished his wand a few times (once for each instrument) as they all started to play some rave and sweet party songs. Oakey bopped his head a bit. Oh yeah, this was good song and he was going to get dancing. He tapped his feet a bit then really got going once the chorus really picked up.

________

OOC: WHOA huh Mini Activity RIGHT OFF THE BAT!? ...Yeah. Just as Professor Gunter asked of your students.
  • Go ahead and Dance.
  • Find a partner or 2. Dance together, or alone if that's their style.
  • Let them express themselves how they want on the Dance Floor.
  • If not Dancing, Stretch, or Walk around the Dance Floor.
  • You have to be moving
  • Keep the dances SS appropriate of course.

The Class will move on from there on May 18th Mid Afternoon-ish

Chelliephone 05-16-2021 03:54 AM

Evan couldn't help but shoot the Professor a look when he commented on his shoes. "...Thank you, sir." WAS Professor Gunter judging him on how well he could match? Was this a test? Did the Ravenclaw just FAIL?

He was debating if he should just quietly switch into his school shoes and say those were what was comfortable, but class was starting and now it would be too obvious so he just... moved his bag momentarily on top of them. Now no one could SEE the 'nice shoes'.

Uhm. But yes. Dancing, that was what they were doing now. Which... honestly Evan was a decent dancer, having done plenty of practicing with Chase and Noah over the years. But he wasn't particularly SURE if he wanted people to know that about him because for some reason it felt... embarrassing to him. Perhaps it was because it didn't fit his aloof image. Which was also silly given the fact Evan did not like that image, he just didn't know how to shake it.

Either way... he would be starting small. With some stretches as he moved onto the dance floor - it was good to stretch before physical exercise anyways. He would admit to momentarily being distracted by Professor Gunter's moves and he paused for a fraction of a second as he ... blinked .. before remembering the instructions were explicitly to keep moving. So he continued his stretches.

And debated how much he really wanted to let lose. Maybe with a partner, but for now this was enough.

Emzily 05-16-2021 08:01 AM

Lisa and Ollieeee
 
AAAAAAAAAAHH... It was true, they did have to dance. Remy was NOT a dancer but she wouldn't pass up a challenge. She spent a few moments watching the professor busting some moves and accidentally let out a loud laugh. Right... let's do this.

Remy shot a look to Ollie and Lisa and said, "Come on, let's be triple partners." That was allowed, right? Hopefully the girls didn't think Remy had totally gate-crashed them.

Before letting them respond, Remy started doing the robot and continued to laugh out loud.

NiallNIP 05-16-2021 08:16 AM

Been here since, y'know, forever, of course
 
Dancing? Not one of Quinn's preferred activities, truthfully. Especially in front of people. When Quinn entered the room he hoped that the dance floor wouldn't come into play for the lesson, though.... why wouldn't it?

Quinn wrung his hands in front of him as he looked around the classroom. He wasn't sure if dancing with someone else would make things better or worse. Definitely stretching or doing jumping jacks while other people were dancing would be just... weird... right..? Quinn awkwardly stepped onto the very edge of the dance floor and just started... bopping? from side to side. This was weird. He felt weird. He stopped and stepped off the dance floor and bit his bottom lip nervously. He was trying to think of a way to move while also... not moving..? It made less sense the more he thought about it.

Kolyander 05-16-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (Post 12495798)
Apollo wasn't sure what to make of Ancient Runes just yet. The new professor seemed okay and at least he didn't seem to be having them talk about their feelings which was a good thing. Although a dance setup? Was Professor Gunter preparing them for auditions? But not everyone who was auditioning for the play took runes? Perhaps this would give him a leg up?

"Hello Professor," he said, uncertainly, as he went to stand by Dahlia.

Lia giggled when Professor Gunter mimicked her reaction to seeing the classroom. How could she not react how she had? Music was key. It gave her sooooo many feels. It had gotten her through all of the best times in her life and many many sad and tough times too. If the entirety of the lesson contained music she was going to be fully focused the entire time.

Barely had the lesson even began and the professor went down. Right down like he had two left feet. OUCH! Lia's eyes grew wide. "Are you alright, Sir?" That fall didn't look very pleasant but Gunter was back up on his feet like nothing had happened.

Oooooh!

They were starting off with dancing! Sure she wasn't the greatest dancer every but she wasn't absolute horrible either. Normally she danced for fun though. A little bit of dance, a little gymnastics and some martial arts tossed in made for some interesting times when she was younger. As for selecting a partner..

Dahlia glanced at Apollo who she had noticed stand beside her before the lesson had even begun. "Want to be partners?" Since they were already standing near each other it only made sense to partner up.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208