sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 343 users online including...
lnyalto , sweetpinkpixie , natekka , theylory , chesneyalfr , Emzily , ershadskjero

7 members
336 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Alexander Greingoth Era


Alexander Greingoth Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Alexander Greingoth [IC January 2076 - December 2081; OOC January 2012 - June 2013]

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Selkie
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 36,050

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Delilah Ellerby
Second Year

x1
Default Office of Aron Ashburry-Hawthorne, Department Head
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate



The office of the Department Head of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes lies smack bang in the middle of level three; the main doors led to the reception area, through which access to the main work areas was possible, and a smaller door opened out into the main internal corridor, with the break room and conference room across that hallway, and the bathroom to the right if you happened to exit the office from this smaller door.

The office itself is large, with a sizeable desk positioned opposite of the door by one of the large windows so that Aron can both see those who enter the office right away and still catch a glimpse of the great outdoors. On his desk, besides paperwork organized in various stacks and folders, is a framed photo next to a potted poppy that he brought up with him from his former position in Magical Law Enforcement.

Several comfy, but not too comfy, chairs sit on the opposite side of his desk for anyone who has official business with the DMAC Head. Scattered around the office and up against the walls are a variety of potted plants Aron had importanted from his hometown back in Australia. Opposite of the large windows on the opposite side of the office is an arched table with several chairs facing presentation board where small meetings and presentations may be held. In another corner of the office lies a fireplace with a limited connection to the floo network. Beside the fireplace at an angle facing towards it is a large comfy looking couch where Aron tends to get work done after office hours.

Please knock before you enter. Aron is not fond unannounced entrances when he is working.
Quote:
OOC: Please read the thread description before posting here! This isn't strictly a public thread, but anyone is welcome to have their character knock on the door, assuming they come through the reception first. The office can be used, with permission from the Department Head, for division meetings if the conference room is in use, or if a smaller, more intimate setting is required.

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 06-07-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Billywig
 
dan arjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 3,333

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cullen Maximus Pavus Trevelyan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Zacharias David McMillan
Minister's Office
x2
Default
Science Freak | Royalty in Love

Zach stood tall and fixed his robe before the door of the Department Head of Level 3.

He knocked on it and cleared his throat... He checked his watch to make sure that he is not late for the appointment.
__________________
I see trees of green,

Red roses too.

I see 'em bloom for me and for you.

And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.
dan arjay is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Grumbling to himself about how the floo network picked the absolute WORST time to malfunction - HE HAD A WIFE ABOUT READY TO POP OUT A BABY, OKAY?! - Aron sat at his desk looking over some paperwork when he heard the knock at his door. Oh, right, he had an appointment with someone from Level 1. Merlin help whoever it was if they had come to discuss the lab explosion. He had had enough inquiries about it already.

"Come it," he called, not bothering to get up from his desk. He had work to do and hopefully these actions were a nice indication that the Australian had no time to dillydally like a daisy.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Billywig
 
dan arjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 3,333

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cullen Maximus Pavus Trevelyan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Zacharias David McMillan
Minister's Office
x2
Default
Science Freak | Royalty in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Grumbling to himself about how the floo network picked the absolute WORST time to malfunction - HE HAD A WIFE ABOUT READY TO POP OUT A BABY, OKAY?! - Aron sat at his desk looking over some paperwork when he heard the knock at his door. Oh, right, he had an appointment with someone from Level 1. Merlin help whoever it was if they had come to discuss the lab explosion. He had had enough inquiries about it already.

"Come it," he called, not bothering to get up from his desk. He had work to do and hopefully these actions were a nice indication that the Australian had no time to dillydally like a daisy.
Zach opened the door and smiled. He walked in and moved towards the table with good composure and confidence. He extended his hand and said,

"Good day, Mr. Hawthorne. I am Zach McMillan from the office of the Minister." he said with a big smile. The kind of smile that means business.

He looked around the office and tried to familiarise himself to the new atmosphere. He rarely drop by the office of the DH of any level and now is the chance to do so.
__________________
I see trees of green,

Red roses too.

I see 'em bloom for me and for you.

And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.
dan arjay is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan arjay View Post
Zach opened the door and smiled. He walked in and moved towards the table with good composure and confidence. He extended his hand and said,

"Good day, Mr. Hawthorne. I am Zach McMillan from the office of the Minister." he said with a big smile. The kind of smile that means business.

He looked around the office and tried to familiarise himself to the new atmosphere. He rarely drop by the office of the DH of any level and now is the chance to do so.
"Ashburry-Hawthorne," Aron corrected with a raised eyebrow. Should at least get the Department Head's name correct when you make an appointment, no? Expression less than amused, he gestured towards one of the seats opposite him at his desk. "What can I do for you, Mr. McMillan?"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Billywig
 
dan arjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 3,333

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cullen Maximus Pavus Trevelyan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Zacharias David McMillan
Minister's Office
x2
Default
Science Freak | Royalty in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

"Ashburry-Hawthorne," Aron corrected with a raised eyebrow. Should at least get the Department Head's name correct when you make an appointment, no? Expression less than amused, he gestured towards one of the seats opposite him at his desk. "What can I do for you, Mr. McMillan?"
"I'm sorry, Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne." he said. He didn't intend to offend anybody, and he never imagined that people would be very protective of their surname, but no matter, he's purpose here is business.

"I'm here on behalf of the Senior Undersecretary. We were just wondering if we have made any decision on the Liaison position for the department, yet?" he said in a very plain and calm voice.
__________________
I see trees of green,

Red roses too.

I see 'em bloom for me and for you.

And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.
dan arjay is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan arjay View Post
"I'm sorry, Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne." he said. He didn't intend to offend anybody, and he never imagined that people would be very protective of their surname, but no matter, he's purpose here is business.

"I'm here on behalf of the Senior Undersecretary. We were just wondering if we have made any decision on the Liaison position for the department, yet?" he said in a very plain and calm voice.
Giving his visitor a firm nod, Aron leaned back in his seat a bit and listened to his inquiry. Wait...come again? His liaisons? Clearly there was a breakdown in communication while things were transitioning into the hands of the new Minister for Magic. A VERY severe one considering that the liaisons for his department had been assigned long before he had come to be the Head.

"Well, you can report back to your superior that the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes has had two liaison assigned for years now, Angela Dawson and Natasha Warrington."

Really? This was what the man had requested an appointment for? Because the Minister's Office was unorganized?
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Billywig
 
dan arjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 3,333

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cullen Maximus Pavus Trevelyan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Zacharias David McMillan
Minister's Office
x2
Default
Science Freak | Royalty in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Giving his visitor a firm nod, Aron leaned back in his seat a bit and listened to his inquiry. Wait...come again? His liaisons? Clearly there was a breakdown in communication while things were transitioning into the hands of the new Minister for Magic. A VERY severe one considering that the liaisons for his department had been assigned long before he had come to be the Head.

"Well, you can report back to your superior that the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes has had two liaison assigned for years now, Angela Dawson and Natasha Warrington."

Really? This was what the man had requested an appointment for? Because the Minister's Office was unorganized?
Zach felt a little bit shamed about the result of this meeting. He cleared his throat and said in a mild tone.

"I am really sorry, sir." he said. "Because of the ruckus with the change of government, the Liaison Supervisor is missing in action." he said in an apologetic tone.

"I am really sorry." he said standing and was about to say goodbye.

"I must be leaving now, sir. I am sorry for wasting your precious time." he said and waited for the acknowledgement from the other party.
__________________
I see trees of green,

Red roses too.

I see 'em bloom for me and for you.

And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.
dan arjay is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan arjay View Post
Zach felt a little bit shamed about the result of this meeting. He cleared his throat and said in a mild tone.

"I am really sorry, sir." he said. "Because of the ruckus with the change of government, the Liaison Supervisor is missing in action." he said in an apologetic tone.

"I am really sorry." he said standing and was about to say goodbye.

"I must be leaving now, sir. I am sorry for wasting your precious time." he said and waited for the acknowledgement from the other party.
Interesting choice of words, but Aron would throw the man a twig and not say anything. Also made him wonder if his was the only department that had files in need of a serious update. Looked like the new Minister and Senior Undersecretary had their work cut out for them.

"In the future, may I suggest the use of flying memos for this sort of business?" he said with a small nod towards the door. Don't let it hit you on your way out?
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom & Mungo's Mod
Book Club Mod


DMAC & DoM

Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 56,317

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Javier Hernandez
Graduated

Student Character:
Adam S. Luck
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Tucker Schultz
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default *continuing RP from Level 6!*
Curly Haired Prefect || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mšdchen

Gabi marched ahead of Aron, knowing exactly where she was going. This was her former level, after all, and even though she'd never actually been Department Head here, she at least knew where the office was. She was also upset that no one had dealt with this problem earlier as she had instructed. That was just what she needed in a crisis - employees who dropped the ball.

"So, what exactly is the problem again?" she asked, stopping outside the door and waiting for him to open it. It WAS his office after all.
__________________
I'm coming home tell the world that I'm coming home___________________________
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Aron felt slightly awkward FOLLOWING her through HIS department, but he really just needed to forget that and his man pride and just be grateful that she was going to personally look into the issue. "Last time I tried using it to the one of two places it should be hooked up to I ended up in Frankfurt," he said as he rubbed the back of his next and set three mugs of warm coffee on his desk. One for her and two for him.

I had been quite the week already.

"I haven't tried it again since, well, I don't fancy being shouted at in German again."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom & Mungo's Mod
Book Club Mod


DMAC & DoM

Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 56,317

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Javier Hernandez
Graduated

Student Character:
Adam S. Luck
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Tucker Schultz
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default
Curly Haired Prefect || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mšdchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Aron felt slightly awkward FOLLOWING her through HIS department, but he really just needed to forget that and his man pride and just be grateful that she was going to personally look into the issue. "Last time I tried using it to the one of two places it should be hooked up to I ended up in Frankfurt," he said as he rubbed the back of his next and set three mugs of warm coffee on his desk. One for her and two for him.

I had been quite the week already.

"I haven't tried it again since, well, I don't fancy being shouted at in German again."
Gabi managed a smirk and chuckled. "Well, lucky for you, if this happens again, you've got a German native with you," she told him. Alright, now onto the issue at hand...

To be honest, Gabi was still learning all this transportation stuff. She'd learned quite a big deal since being thrown into the position, mainly due to the fact that the former Department Head was her boyfriend, but she was still learning the tricks to the business. Thankfully, she knew quite a bit about the Floo network stuff (it was the portkeys that were tripping her up in her transportation education) so hopefully she'd be able to help Aron with this.

"Well, let's see....AHA! Yes, one of the spells used to configure Floo connections is specific to each country," she explained. Why hadn't she seen that before! She made a mental note to send a memo to her Floo personel the second she was done with Aron's office. "So if it's sending you to Germany, that's obviously broken. Let me see if tweeking that fixes the problem..." she muttered, kneeling down in front of the fireplace and taking her wand out of her skirt pocket.

She muttered a few incantations and waved the wand, and the only indication that she'd done it correctly was a few green sparks that erupted in the middle of the fireplace for a second or two before vanishing.

"That's a start. Care to test it?" she asked. Aron knew where these connections were supposed to go, not her, so it made sense that she use him as her guinea pig.
__________________
I'm coming home tell the world that I'm coming home___________________________
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Gabi managed a smirk and chuckled. "Well, lucky for you, if this happens again, you've got a German native with you," she told him. Alright, now onto the issue at hand...

To be honest, Gabi was still learning all this transportation stuff. She'd learned quite a big deal since being thrown into the position, mainly due to the fact that the former Department Head was her boyfriend, but she was still learning the tricks to the business. Thankfully, she knew quite a bit about the Floo network stuff (it was the portkeys that were tripping her up in her transportation education) so hopefully she'd be able to help Aron with this.

"Well, let's see....AHA! Yes, one of the spells used to configure Floo connections is specific to each country," she explained. Why hadn't she seen that before! She made a mental note to send a memo to her Floo personel the second she was done with Aron's office. "So if it's sending you to Germany, that's obviously broken. Let me see if tweeking that fixes the problem..." she muttered, kneeling down in front of the fireplace and taking her wand out of her skirt pocket.

She muttered a few incantations and waved the wand, and the only indication that she'd done it correctly was a few green sparks that erupted in the middle of the fireplace for a second or two before vanishing.

"That's a start. Care to test it?" she asked. Aron knew where these connections were supposed to go, not her, so it made sense that she use him as her guinea pig.
Aron attempted what was a rather awkward sounding chuckle. He really did not fancy being shouted at in any language if he could help it, but he supposed that it was something to at least be able to know what was being shouted at him. He was positive that none of it was good, however. Hence the shouting.

"Do those spells of expiration dates?" he asked while sipping on his first cup of coffee. He didn't know how spells and enchantments worked, if those things had specific time limits and all that. Probably something he ought to know considering his department and its involvement. He took a few steps forward and sipped some more from his mug while peering over her shoulder. "You sure I won't end up in Germany this time?"

He was partly joking partly serious as his prepared his fire place. Only the flames were a rather...unfortunate color now. "No offense, but I am not too eager to go jumping into white flames," he said with a slight jab of his thumb. Too much magnesium sulfate?
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom & Mungo's Mod
Book Club Mod


DMAC & DoM

Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 56,317

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Javier Hernandez
Graduated

Student Character:
Adam S. Luck
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Tucker Schultz
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default
Curly Haired Prefect || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mšdchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Aron attempted what was a rather awkward sounding chuckle. He really did not fancy being shouted at in any language if he could help it, but he supposed that it was something to at least be able to know what was being shouted at him. He was positive that none of it was good, however. Hence the shouting.

"Do those spells of expiration dates?" he asked while sipping on his first cup of coffee. He didn't know how spells and enchantments worked, if those things had specific time limits and all that. Probably something he ought to know considering his department and its involvement. He took a few steps forward and sipped some more from his mug while peering over her shoulder. "You sure I won't end up in Germany this time?"

He was partly joking partly serious as his prepared his fire place. Only the flames were a rather...unfortunate color now. "No offense, but I am not too eager to go jumping into white flames," he said with a slight jab of his thumb. Too much magnesium sulfate?
Gabi shook her head. "I didn't THINK they could expire, although it would make sense that they'd weaken over time," she said. "Although all of them malfunctioning at the same time? That seems a bit...odd. And last I checked they'd all passed inspection last year. I know my own fireplace at home doesn't need any maintenance and that's going on 20 years of being operational in the network..." she said, thinking out loud.

She blinked when suddenly, the flames started to turn white, not green as they were supposed to. UMMMM. That wasn't right. Not right at all. "WELL that brings us to another issue," she said. This time she knew EXACTLY what was up with the white flames. She picked up the pot of Floo powder on his mantle and examined it.

"Something is wrong with the powder. Not sure what, I'll have to run tests, but that is the only thing that effects the flames. No charm has anything to do with that - just with destination," she explained. She took a deep breath and tried to map out everything that was happening in her head. Ok, so the connections were faulty and not sending people to the correct places. Then Aron's floo powder was defective. So there was more than one reason as to why the network was all wonky...and she had a feeling it had to be connected. Someone was tampering with it. WHO was doing it was a completely different question, but...she couldn't see any other situation where BOTH components of the floo system got messed up at the SAME time.
__________________
I'm coming home tell the world that I'm coming home___________________________
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC
Abraxan
 
Hera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Perth, AU (GMT +8)
Posts: 25,094

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
Default
Ĺ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ Ĺ Team House Elf

Busting through the walls with an energetic flutter, the silver hummingbird hovered in the space above Aron's desk. Opening its beak, the slightly frantic voice of Seren came out.

"Aron! It's happening! I need you home now!"

The hummingbird dipped and dived, and disappeared into thin air.
__________________
Hera is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default I feel unjustly witty right now....just by that tacky spoiler name XD
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
SPOILER!!: Gabi gabbing :3
Gabi shook her head. "I didn't THINK they could expire, although it would make sense that they'd weaken over time," she said. "Although all of them malfunctioning at the same time? That seems a bit...odd. And last I checked they'd all passed inspection last year. I know my own fireplace at home doesn't need any maintenance and that's going on 20 years of being operational in the network..." she said, thinking out loud.

She blinked when suddenly, the flames started to turn white, not green as they were supposed to. UMMMM. That wasn't right. Not right at all. "WELL that brings us to another issue," she said. This time she knew EXACTLY what was up with the white flames. She picked up the pot of Floo powder on his mantle and examined it.

"Something is wrong with the powder. Not sure what, I'll have to run tests, but that is the only thing that effects the flames. No charm has anything to do with that - just with destination," she explained. She took a deep breath and tried to map out everything that was happening in her head. Ok, so the connections were faulty and not sending people to the correct places. Then Aron's floo powder was defective. So there was more than one reason as to why the network was all wonky...and she had a feeling it had to be connected. Someone was tampering with it. WHO was doing it was a completely different question, but...she couldn't see any other situation where BOTH components of the floo system got messed up at the SAME time.

Ah. Yes. That WAS a good point. Aron did not believe in coincidences. Not to that scale at least. So instead of a proper response there was a whole lot of hmmmmmmm-ing going on from his desk as he leaned against it and drank more of his coffee. He was almost done with his first mug of the stuff by this point.

"The powder has been tampered with?" he said, mouth open wide and coffee dribbling out of it in the process. Fantastic. All over his white shirt. "Do you mean someone broke into my office and did something to it over the holidays?" Sweet SWEET Merlin what else could go wrong on Level 3? Wait, no, he was not going to entrain the thought of 'what else.' Aron set his now empty mug down and then walked over to look at the powder. "I would offer up the lab on this level, but there was an explosion at the start of the year. Completely unusable. You'll have to use the one on Level 2." He was already groaning in his head about this. Derek was going to be SO distracted from his work and Miss Don't Tough This on level 2 was likely to be a great hinderance. Unless their talk at the orientation had been an indication of her calming down. "Let me know if you need someone from my Potion Accident Response Team for your investigation. Meriwether is one of the best in the business and has a strong team under his supervision."

Looked like it was busy times ahead. Speaking of lab explosion....he ought to go check on tha----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Busting through the walls with an energetic flutter, the silver hummingbird hovered in the space above Aron's desk. Opening its beak, the slightly frantic voice of Seren came out.

"Aron! It's happening! I need you home now!"

The hummingbird dipped and dived, and disappeared into thin air.
HOLD THAT THOUGHT!

Aron's jaw was hanging open like a Venus Flytrap - and probably a fly or two flew in and out in the time he just stood there staring at the hummingbird patronus. Happening. It. Happening. Home. Him. Seren. It. Now. Can. Not. Compute....

"MY WIFE JUST WENT INTO LABOR!?" he suddenly shouted out of both glee and anxiousness. Was that an earthquake? Oh. No. Nevermind. Just his hands shaking.

His eyes were back on Gabriela for now. "Ineedtogo," he said as he grabbed a few things off his desk and shoved them into his briefcase. "Take whatever you need for your investigation and make sure my office is locked as you leave, yeah?" And then he completely forgot that his floo network was having issues in his haste. Aron leaped into his fire place, grabbed some of the faulty floo powder and spoke. "Bristol!"

And then he was gone...and hopefully off to the correct location.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom & Mungo's Mod
Book Club Mod


DMAC & DoM

Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 56,317

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Javier Hernandez
Graduated

Student Character:
Adam S. Luck
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Tucker Schultz
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default
Curly Haired Prefect || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mšdchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
[/spoiler]
Ah. Yes. That WAS a good point. Aron did not believe in coincidences. Not to that scale at least. So instead of a proper response there was a whole lot of hmmmmmmm-ing going on from his desk as he leaned against it and drank more of his coffee. He was almost done with his first mug of the stuff by this point.

"The powder has been tampered with?" he said, mouth open wide and coffee dribbling out of it in the process. Fantastic. All over his white shirt. "Do you mean someone broke into my office and did something to it over the holidays?" Sweet SWEET Merlin what else could go wrong on Level 3? Wait, no, he was not going to entrain the thought of 'what else.' Aron set his now empty mug down and then walked over to look at the powder. "I would offer up the lab on this level, but there was an explosion at the start of the year. Completely unusable. You'll have to use the one on Level 2." He was already groaning in his head about this. Derek was going to be SO distracted from his work and Miss Don't Tough This on level 2 was likely to be a great hinderance. Unless their talk at the orientation had been an indication of her calming down. "Let me know if you need someone from my Potion Accident Response Team for your investigation. Meriwether is one of the best in the business and has a strong team under his supervision."

Looked like it was busy times ahead. Speaking of lab explosion....he ought to go check on tha----

HOLD THAT THOUGHT!

Aron's jaw was hanging open like a Venus Flytrap - and probably a fly or two flew in and out in the time he just stood there staring at the hummingbird patronus. Happening. It. Happening. Home. Him. Seren. It. Now. Can. Not. Compute....

"MY WIFE JUST WENT INTO LABOR!?" he suddenly shouted out of both glee and anxiousness. Was that an earthquake? Oh. No. Nevermind. Just his hands shaking.

His eyes were back on Gabriela for now. "Ineedtogo," he said as he grabbed a few things off his desk and shoved them into his briefcase. "Take whatever you need for your investigation and make sure my office is locked as you leave, yeah?" And then he completely forgot that his floo network was having issues in his haste. Aron leaped into his fire place, grabbed some of the faulty floo powder and spoke. "Bristol!"

And then he was gone...and hopefully off to the correct location.
Gabi was about to respond, and to tell him that it was probably the whole SHIPMENT of Floo that was defective, not just one pot, and that she could do testing in her own offices but suddenly...a patronus appeared in the office. Gabi assumed it was something important, and was going to ask what it was when Aron suddenly started babbling and running about.

Oh a baby! How delightful! Gabi barely was able to utter a small "Congratulations!' before he suddenly grabbed the floo powder out of the pot in her hands and jumped into the flames.

"Merlin!" she exclaimed in shock as he literally disappeared in a split second. The flames looked normal but, oh goodness, she hoped he had ended up in the right place! Blinking and slowly getting over the shock of the man diving into a faulty fireplace, she closed the pot of floo powder and tucked it into her purse. She'd examine this back in her office, with the help of her floo employees...

She walked out and, as instructed, turned and pulled out her wand, locking the office behind her.
__________________
I'm coming home tell the world that I'm coming home___________________________
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #18 (permalink)


DMLE & DIMC
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 5,532

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lydia Anni Wolff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Whitney Jo Quartermaine
International Cooperation
x7 x4
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

A memo folded into the shape of a miniature version of the Environmental Head's patronus floats into your office and lands neatly in the center of your desk before unfolding itself to reveal the message inside:

Quote:
Aron-

I've checked all of our files here and there's no record of the cosmetics lab having any kind of permits from us. If they're claiming that they do, they'd have to be forged. You might want to inform Wes......

-Roxanne
__________________
lazykitty is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #19 (permalink)

Billywig
 
dan arjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 3,333

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cullen Maximus Pavus Trevelyan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Zacharias David McMillan
Minister's Office
x2
Default
Science Freak | Royalty in Love

A paper eagle circled around the room and landed on the desk and unfurled itself.
Text Cut: parchment
__________________
I see trees of green,

Red roses too.

I see 'em bloom for me and for you.

And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.
dan arjay is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Puffskein
 
pinkphoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GMT+2
Posts: 1,543

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora "Orr" Opal
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jade Gemstone
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default half an hour after my post in the main work area ;)
Ravenpuff Girl / \ Bookworm and Music lover

Almost to the second, half an hour later, Jade was knocking on Aron's office door. She wondered what he wanted to talk to her about, she hoped that it wasn't something very long because she had just left Derek with Mr. Erikson. While Derek had been his usual self, she couldn't be sure that he wouldn't end up doing something bad to Erikson if he didn't have supervision at least for the next few days. And of course after this meeting with Aron, she needed to get down to Magical Creatures to find out what was new with Mutant X.
__________________
When you're ready come and get it, nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah.
pinkphoenix is offline  
Old 11-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkphoenix View Post
Almost to the second, half an hour later, Jade was knocking on Aron's office door. She wondered what he wanted to talk to her about, she hoped that it wasn't something very long because she had just left Derek with Mr. Erikson. While Derek had been his usual self, she couldn't be sure that he wouldn't end up doing something bad to Erikson if he didn't have supervision at least for the next few days. And of course after this meeting with Aron, she needed to get down to Magical Creatures to find out what was new with Mutant X.
Aron's desk was, for lack of a better word, a mess. With all the paperwork that had come with the previous mutant sightings combined with the floo network problems, it really was a wonder that the man hadn't drowned in the sea of papers.

"Oh, there that is," he said as he uncovered a memo from Roxanne regarding the lab where the crups had come from. Couldn't the woman have delivered the message herself? Especially considering how paperwork tended to become an accident itself within his office. Setting the memo in his drawer, the Department Head made a mental note to himself to go speak with Emily later about the issue - since it appeared as though Jade had arrived.

"Come in!" he called as he pulled out her file from his employee records on the shelf behind him.

And he was going to need to reply to that other memo too. Merlin. Get more on top of things Ashburry-Hawthorne!
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Puffskein
 
pinkphoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GMT+2
Posts: 1,543

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora "Orr" Opal
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jade Gemstone
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Ravenpuff Girl / \ Bookworm and Music lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Aron's desk was, for lack of a better word, a mess. With all the paperwork that had come with the previous mutant sightings combined with the floo network problems, it really was a wonder that the man hadn't drowned in the sea of papers.

"Oh, there that is," he said as he uncovered a memo from Roxanne regarding the lab where the crups had come from. Couldn't the woman have delivered the message herself? Especially considering how paperwork tended to become an accident itself within his office. Setting the memo in his drawer, the Department Head made a mental note to himself to go speak with Emily later about the issue - since it appeared as though Jade had arrived.

"Come in!" he called as he pulled out her file from his employee records on the shelf behind him.

And he was going to need to reply to that other memo too. Merlin. Get more on top of things Ashburry-Hawthorne!
At Aron's "Come in!"Jade opened the door and entered the office, closing the door behind her. "You wanted to see me?" She asked as she walked into the room to sit down in one of the visitor chairs that stood in front of Aron's desk.
__________________
When you're ready come and get it, nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah.
pinkphoenix is offline  
Old 11-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Rising from his seat as Jade entered - the man had some manners in him even if his attire implied otherwise - he gestured towards one of the open seats in front of his desk before speaking. "I did, have a seat," he nodded. "I promise this will not take too long." Considering she had a lot on her plate with this mutant case.

Sitting back down himself now, Aron lazily looked over her file since he had read it cover to cover several times already and really had no need to refresh his memory. "You've been with the department for quite some time now," he began as he put the file down on his desk. "What are your long term goals as a Reminisciator?"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 11-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Puffskein
 
pinkphoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GMT+2
Posts: 1,543

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora "Orr" Opal
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jade Gemstone
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Ravenpuff Girl / \ Bookworm and Music lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Rising from his seat as Jade entered - the man had some manners in him even if his attire implied otherwise - he gestured towards one of the open seats in front of his desk before speaking. "I did, have a seat," he nodded. "I promise this will not take too long." Considering she had a lot on her plate with this mutant case.

Sitting back down himself now, Aron lazily looked over her file since he had read it cover to cover several times already and really had no need to refresh his memory. "You've been with the department for quite some time now," he began as he put the file down on his desk. "What are your long term goals as a Reminisciator?"
At Aron's question, Jade's eyes widened. She hadn't imagined that this is why he would ask her to his office. But now that the question was posed, she began to silently reflect on her aims and goals. She had them of course but never gave much thought to them seeing as she was still relatively young and hadn't done a whole lot in her career as of yet.

But yes, she did have long term goals as a Reminisciator. Most definitely. And now was the best time to reveal her desires what harm could it do?

She took a deep breath and started to speak, "Well, Sir. Initially, I admit that my ultimate goal has been to become the best Reminisciator I could be and perhaps eventually take over from Shakespeare or whoever else is in the position of Head Reminisciator. But these past months, helping out on cases that involve memory retrieval and restoration and not just memory implantations which has been the bulk of my work as a Reminisciator has made me realized that I really want to work up my way to being the MRRB Supervisor. That is a position that I feel incorporates the best of being a Reminisciator but deals more with the fabric of the memory itself and not just manufacturing memories. It is also what I'm passionate about having started here in that department. I mean, I love being a Reminisciator don't get me wrong but I like to think that there is a lot more to memory implantation or deletion and I want to have the whole experience. Plus I think that I could bring my own learned expertise to the position and lead the bureau to fulfill its best potential. Um, that is my eventual goal."

As she finally finished talking, she turned red and was so embarrassed. She had just revealed to her boss her most inner desire about her career. Of course she would be nervous that he would think that she had such a high ambition for a job that she might be highly unsuitable for.
__________________
When you're ready come and get it, nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah.
pinkphoenix is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,961

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Aron was mentally grinning as Jade spoke. Yes yes, everything was going just as he had figured they would go, and with Shakespeare's situation becoming a bit more complicated, this was going to work out perfectly... But then she kept speaking and he found the rest of her answer surprising. Not in a bad way, but just a very unexpected one.

NOW he really needed to go back over her file. Maybe what he had in mind for her wasn't the way to go.

"Well, that certainly IS an outstanding goal, Jade, and one that I have no doubt you will be able to achieve," he said as he flipped through some more pages in her file using his index finger. "I actually called you in here today to discuss a different job opportunity, but after hearing what you just said it seems like, perhaps, a change in divisions would better suit you to help you grow as an employee of this department." He couldn't promote her to Supervisor right away, of course, but something else within the Memory Restoration and Retrieval Bureau was a possibility. "You have done an outstanding job in your current position, even going above and beyond what your duties as a Reminisciator require. My question to you now is...would you like to stay within your current division or do you feel a transfer is in order?"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213