View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 AM

Post Video: David Yates talks deleted Ron & Hermione Deathly Hallows: Part I scene

David Yates spoke to MTV about a deleted scene shot for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I involving an intimate and tender moment between Ron and Hermione while the trio were on the run, which, thankfully, will make the DVD extras, out next year.

Quote:
‪"There are a couple of things that we've lost that just didn't quite survive," he said. "I did this wonderful scene between Hermione and Ron. I wanted to explore their relationship a little bit more, so when Ron leaves it really breaks your heart.

‪"There was a scene we shot up in Scotland; it's a scene where Ron is showing Hermione how to throw a stone on a lake, how to spin a stone on the lake, and Hermione is being really girly about it. She's got a really rubbish throw, and she has to insist that Ron show her how to spin the stone to sort of entice tactility and physical contact, and it's a really funny, tender and moving scene," Yates described. "They're both very funny in it, but it ended up on the DVD because the overall tone of our film, as you know, is quite intense."

‪"The DVD extras, I would guess there is about 10 or 12 or 15 extra minutes," Yates revealed.
Don't forget to take part of our Deathly Hallows: Part I discussion, especially if you've seen the movie!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I has now been released worldwide. Click on the banner below to order tickets for the film at Fandango. Tickets are also on sale now in the UK; head over to the Harry Potter official UK Facebook for more information.