View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
Nattie
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Reached and Spanked 1000! The Snitch

I'm not a massive fan of the films, but feel that I have to go on opening night to reaffirm how brilliant the books are (backwards logic, I know).

But I must say, this film is the best by far. I still have major issues with it, but in comparison with the past 6 films, job well done.

I did find I was a little disappointed with no good scene with the Dursleys. I was hoping for more of a big deal to have been made. But I suppose that this was made up for by the 1st Hermione scene, which I thought was touching.

I wanted the Kreachers tale section to be better, and more emotion into the Godrics Hollow section. I really did feel that they were underplayed. I remember reading these for the first time and they left me with a lump in my throat. But on screen, it just felt rushed.

Can someone tell me why Dobby wasn't wearing proper clothes??? I get that they can't go into every story line in the books so Dobby has been overlooked, but that is no reason to change his clothing. They gave him this whole dialogue in the film that just felt sickly, but something as important to the character as the symbol of being "free", they miss completely!