View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
Nia
Ravenclaw
Streeler

What an amazing film! This really shows how much efford they've put into this, they wanted to give their best and in my opinion they succeeded! I was totally blown away by the performances of the trio, I just can't believe they're the same people we saw in Philosopher's Stone nine years ago. I am so greatful, so happy we have these actors and I'd just like to thank them and give them a hug. Rupert has always been amazing, but normally he's mostly been given the funny lines and he's been the comic relief of the films but now there's so much more. He really showed what he's capable of!
Emma had improved signifcantly, she wasn't bad earlier either, but now she's able to portray various emotions and she really was Hermione. A lot of people keep saying that Daniel isn't able to bring up the emotions of Harry, that he's too... well, maybe not bad but the worst of the three. But I've never quite understood that. I think Harry doesn't really show his feelings as much as Ron and Hermione might do (except when he's frustrated ). To me he's always seemed more like he wants to think things through in his own head and deal with things without showing too much of himself to other people. I don't quite know how to explain it, but there's kind of a silent power about him and i think Daniel portrays that very well. I've never really understood why people don't like his acting. I was happy how about his performance in this one again and he'd definitely improved a lot. I actually felt like I was really watching Harry, Ron and Hermione.
And oh my god... Hermione's screaming in Malfoy Manor was great! Not that I liked her being tortured but scenes like that just can't be too lame and I was so happy this one wasn't. I also loved the locket scene!! Godric's Hollow was great too and Bathilda Bagshot looked terrifying!
Harry and Hermione's dance was sweet <3 I loved that scene! I had to bite my tongue to not awwww to Ron and Hermione all the time But seriously, how cute was that piano thing?! I.almost.died.... and Ron touchind Hermione's face and.... i probably had a ridiculous smile on my face all the time

I would've liked to see more of Sirius's room, Lily's letter and the photo wouldn't have taken that much time to show. But this is a minor thing that doesn't really matter. All in all this was very faithful to the book which I love. I'm so happy they decided to split this into two films, it seriously would've ended up being a disaster otherwise.

When the film ended I felt very, very sad I was happy about the film, but the end is getting closer and closer and it really makes me tearful. I felt like the time before the film was the happiest time, even though it was so difficult to wait and I was so excited about this... but after seeing it I almost wished I could turn back time and return to the moment when I hadn't seen it yet. Then the end wouldn't feel so close. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to find my way out of the theatre in July... i'll probably just sit there in shock through all the final credits and cry my eyes off. I can't even think about it!
Nia is offline   Reply With Quote