View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 12:09 AM

Post Audio: Cast & crew at Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I press junkets

Yesterday I attended the UK roundtable press junket for Deathly Hallows: part 1 on behalf of SnitchSeeker. We discussed the latest film in the franchise, their current post-Potter projects, their other hobbies such as fashion and music and much more.

Interviews with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, David Barron, David Heyman and David Yates can now be listened to below (note: there is some mild language in a couple of the recordings);

Quote:
"I would never have stuffed nimbus' up my trousers. We joked about stuffing Dan in a car boot and saying we stole Harry." @TomFelton

"Voldemort is a rubbish house guest - he doesn't do the dishes! Draco walks about in a black suit, dressed for a funeral." @TomFelton

"I don't know what my hair colour is anymore. Even my eyebrows have been dyed!" @TomFelton

"Dan started as a child and quickly started talking like a 40 year old philosopher." @TomFelton

"Meeting Jade is my fondest memory of working on the films." @TomFelton

"Dumbledore would have a cape to stop him getting food on his beard. And Alan Rickman would always clear his own plate at dinner."

"We only work with people called David," jokes Heyman.

"By film 4 we had a feeling we'd do them all." Heyman

"I expect if @jk_rowling writes about HP again, it'll be to expand the world i.e. Monster book of monsters." Heyman

"We've just started editing part 2." Barron

"We're confident we can deliver part 2 in 3D." Barron

"Part 1 will be released in Blu-ray 3D." Heyman

"There's a tangible difference in the way the kids work when they come back from other projects or school." Barron

"The last shot was the trio escaping the Ministry. Then we all blubbed." Heyman

"We did ask John Williams to return for part 2 but his schedule wouldn't allow it." Heyman

"He did try to work his schedule around but it just wouldn't work." Heyman

The production trio refer to themselves as The Davids!

"The battle at hogwarts is inter-cut with Harry's horcrux search." Yates jokes that Dan was on the edge of hypothermia shooting on location in Pembrokeshire.

Harry and Hermione's dance was choreographed originally but then it was made more like goofing around, clumsy and awkward. It's a scene people either love or hate.

Shadow puppets were used as inspiration to create the Tale of Three Brothers sequence.

Dan saw a sign last night that said "Harry, I'm pregnant." He's confident it isn't his. Dan once asked directions in New York from an ambulance driver who recognised him from Equus rather than HP. "There are scenes in Potter that cost more than the entire Woman in Black budget."

The epilogue is being re-shot at Leavesden Studios.

Rupert and Emma served ice cream from his van on the last day. Ron Weasley's costumes are more expensive than they look. Rupert has a bubble car. "It was frightening to think we had the power to close down Picadilly to shoot a sequence that lasts a second."

Rupert is pleased with the love he gets from the Ginger Community. People come up and shake his hand in the street to thank him for being ginger.

Rupert bought Dan and Emma trumpets as a parting gift. Dan got a still with his foot crushing Rupert and gave it to him. Emma got him a diary. He engraved messages on the trumpets. He once got Emma a signed photo of Trevor Macdonald for her birthday.

Emma didn't tell anyone before she got her hair cut. She took pictures of Mia Farrow to the hairdresser. Her dad told her not to get carried away.

Shooting the epilogue at Kings Cross was stressful. They needed more time. It is being re-done at Leavesden. @EmWatson

Emma has just done a fair trade range with Alberto Ferreti. The name of the range will be revealed soon. Very classic French. Organic. Emma will work for free with anyone willing to do fair trade. That's why Emma wore vintage last night - "it's important you know where your clothes come from." She finds it alarming no-one questions where mass produced products come from. More than anything she wants to spread awareness.

Emma got to keep the cloak, wand and time-turner.

"Dan's been saying I pounced on him, that I'm an animal," re; the kiss with him. @EmWatson

"I was very cynical and dubious about the DH split but was won over with the idea." @EmWatson

"Being cold and wet on set was miserable and I was in tears some days but it works well." @EmWatson

The on-set photographer has pictures of @EmWatson sleeping in various places - she can sleep anywhere.

Emma wants to experiment with supporting roles and theatre.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released November 19, 2010, and July 15, 2011. Click on the banner below to pre-order tickets for Part I at Fandango. Tickets are also on sale now in the UK; head over to the Harry Potter official UK Facebook for more information.

I also interviewed many more cast members at the World Premiere on Thursday. Those videos will be online very soon.