View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Canoir Greengrass
Slytherin
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hanna H. Holtby
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Katherine Snotra Salvatore
Department of Mysteries
MiaSanMia! | Bavarians ♠ Mrs. Gale Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneybird View Post
I’m not going to get mad like I did last January, but I’m not going to lie…this does feel like a stab in the gut. I have no doubt in my mind that Desplat is a talented composer with a wonderful musical imagination. However, I really wanted to end the series with John Williams. He was the one who brought the films to life for me with “Hedwig’s Theme” and gave the films that depth and imagination on screen, like the books. It seems only appropriate that he would be the one to finish it off and bring the series to a close with a proper finale. It would be nice for someone to use “Hedwig’s Theme” throughout the series the way Williams did, especially with “Harry’s Wondrous World,” at the end somewhere when the new generation rides off to Hogwarts.

Oh well, we could have ended up with a simply horrid composer. At least we’ve got someone like Desplat to take us to the close and for that I'm grateful.
I agree with you. I really wanted John Williams to come back and finish it. but I'm really grateful that we had Desplat
Canoir Greengrass is offline   Reply With Quote