View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Emileyn
Gryffindor
I Nailed Wormtail
Love Hunter Extraordinaire
Mooncalf

Default First Sight
♥ 2G FC| Narnian!| Fremione|Full Sail Girl ♥| Dramione| Shadowhunter!| Jesse ♥

Here's a new post!

Banner by Me

“Oh, Ginny, how I hate you,” Christelle muttered to herself as she threw the door to Ginny’s room open and stormed out into the hall. “Oh! Sorry! I should watch where I’m going,” Christelle said as she bumped into someone. She staggered as they regained their footing. His shoulders were broad, short and stocky with his bright red hair flaming in the hallway light. She noticed that his hair was longer than what she was normally used to. His hands flew to hers and she could feel the rough calluses and blisters brush against her skin as he caught her before she could fall.

“No problem,” he said, chortling as he stepped back. His hands were still holding her arms as she looked down at the ridiculous heels Ginny forced her in. She cursed under her breath as she realized that one of the heels broke.

He arched his eyebrows at her as she held onto his shoulder to bend over and hitch them off her feet. "She must be bloody insane if she thinks I'm wearing these,” she muttered as she tossed them back into Ginny’s room.

“I think I know where she keeps her stash of flip-flops, if you're interested,” he said slyly, smiling warmly at her.

She looked up, meeting his eyes and nodded mutely as he led her over to Ginny's bed. He kneeled down by the side of the bed and lifted the quilt that was touching the floor, showcasing his findings with his other hand. Christelle grinned as she picked out a pair of plain white sandals and slipped them onto her feet.

"Thanks," she told him gratefully.

He appraised her, taking in the dress that Ginny and Hermione talked her into wearing. Her dress was light lilac, bringing out the purple tint in her eyes. It hugged her body tightly, especially her curves. The strapless cocktail dress stopped short of her knees, showing off her long legs and dominant calves. The heart shaped neck line gave a boost to her breasts, but didn’t allow them to hang out. Her hair was in loose curls down her back and her mouth was formed in a shy smile.

“I’m Charlie, you must be Ginny’s friend?” Charlie asked with a crooked smile that had Christelle’s heart beating in over time.

“Y-yes, I’m Christelle,” she said breathlessly. His smiled widened as he held out his arm for her.

I've still got it, he thought to himself.

“Care to accompany me?” he asked smoothly. She took his arm gratefully.

“Thanks, I’m such a klutz, I’d probably trip down the stairs,” Christelle said with a nervous laugh. She mentally kicked herself, asking why she was so nervous all of a sudden.

“Good thing you walked into me then,” he laughed. She nodded slightly as they moved down the stairs slowly. As soon as they hit the bottom, her head snapped up at all of the curious, eager, mischievous faces. Her cheeks flooded red as she hastily drew her arm from his. Her eyes found Ginny and she glared at her innocent smile.

“Hey! Where are the heels? They finished the outfit!” Ginny protested as she surveyed her friend.

“The heels almost killed me, not to mention your brother,” Christelle grumbled as she went to sit down on the couch with Ginny and Harry.

“Don’t be overdramatic, Chris,” Ginny said with the role of her eye.

“Overdramatic, my ar—” Christelle started.

“You must be Ginny’s teammate,” interrupted a man with red hair that was graying in spots. Christelle’s cheeks flushed as she noticed Ginny’s father.

“Christelle… It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Weasley,” Christelle added.

“Call me Arthur. So, Ginny tells me your parents are Muggles, is that right?” Arthur said with a smile. Christelle ignored the roll of Ginny’s eyes as she looked away from her father and towards her older brother.

“Yes, sir,” Christelle said politely.

“So, what’s it like living with Muggles?” he asked excitedly.

“Sorry about him, he’s fascinated by Muggles,” Charlie whispered as he slid onto the now cramped couch beside her. Christelle jumped slightly, noticing that the small couch made their knees graze, legs connecting. His hot breath tickled her neck and she shivered involuntarily.

“It’s…okay,” Christelle finally answered. She didn’t feel like explaining that her Muggle family were monsters.

“Dinner’s ready,” Molly announced from the doorway before her husband could ask more unwanted questions to Christelle. Everyone shuffled their feet toward the backyard, where Bill and George had put a few tables together for all of the people. Christelle was seated in between Charlie and Ginny, and Ginny smirked at her when Charlie turned his head. It was then that she realized why Ginny made her wear the God forsaken dress. It must have slipped Ginny’s mind that she had a boyfriend already.

“Before we begin, I’d like to make a toast,” Arthur announced as he stood up from the head of the table. Harry took Ginny’s hand in his gently and kissed her palm. “To my only daughter and her fiancé, who we already see as our son, congratulations! We are very proud of both of you and glad you’ve found each other. To many happy years!” he said as he thrust his drink forward, some of the liquid spilling onto the clothed table. The tinkling of glasses was heard around the table as Ginny and Harry kissed quickly but softly. Charlie caught Christelle’s eyes, their own glasses clinking together before taking a sip. Christelle blushed tomato red as she looked down at her hands.

After dinner, everyone stayed outside, talking in clusters. Christelle dragged Ginny off to the side, Ginny smirking.

“You like him, don’t you?” she accused.

“I have a boyfriend, Ginny!” Christelle exclaimed. Ginny scowled.

“He’s a right git to you! You deserve someone who can treat you right!” Ginny protested.

“It’s not your choice to make. Bobby treats me just fine, thank you,” Christelle said coldly. “I love you to pieces, but I don’t appreciate the position you’re putting me in. I’m sorry, but I should go,” Christelle said as she started backing up. Ginny was about to argue, but Christelle Apparated away before she had time to. She landed in front of her boyfriend’s flat and made her way upstairs. Before sliding the key into place, she peered through the window to see if he was in sight.

She smiled broadly as she watched him walk toward the couch, but then she stopped, gawking at the sight before her. Bobby sat down beside a busty brunette as she giggled. He pulled her in for a deep kiss and Christelle staggered backwards. Before she let her tears release, she Apparated to her own flat, landing in her bedroom. Without bothering to change, she collapsed into her bed, thinking about how Ginny was right and how her boyfriend was cheating on her. She had known about it for a while really, she just chose to not believe it. That was, until she saw it for herself.

At some point, she pulled herself together. She cleaned her face and changed into a pair of cotton pajama shorts with a simple blue spaghetti strap top. She slipped into her covers wordlessly as she tried to fall into a deep slumber. No such slumber arrived, and a few hours later, she heard the door to her apartment being unlocked and knew that her unfaithful boyfriend had returned.

This wasn’t an entirely new feeling for Christelle. Her parents had constantly told her what a waste of space she was. She was an only child, an only, unwanted child. Her parents never held back from telling her that she had been a mistake from a drunken, wild night. And she was grateful when her letter from the Beauxbatons Academy had finally come. She went far away to her magical school, her parents always telling her that they knew something was wrong with her. She only came home on holidays, though she hated it. And over her summers, she occupied her time by dating what you would call the bad boys. But these aren’t the sexy bad boys you’re probably thinking about, no, these are the real bad boys; the ones that every mother would literally skin her daughter’s hide for even talking to. And like her current boyfriend, they would all cheat.

She had taken it as a fact that she just wasn’t good enough for anybody, so they had to bide their time somehow. She had accepted it long ago, but when she had finally found her current boyfriend, a graduate from Durmstrang, she thought she may have broken the rotten spell. But, as she saw that night, the curse, we should say, was still intact.

Bobby tiptoed into her room and not so quietly lost his trousers and shirt as he slipped into the bed beside her, his arm coiling possessively around her waist. She suppressed the tears that she could feel coming as she shut her eyes tightly and tried to go to sleep, ignoring the git behind her.

What do you think?

Last edited by Emileyn; 07-25-2011 at 04:28 PM.