View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 AM

Post Deathly Hallows: Part I soundtrack release date Nov. 16; Xeno theme is groovin'

WaterTower Music, the distributors for Warner Bros' original soundtracks, have given the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I's score a November 16, 2010 release date, three days before the opening of the film.

The score, by Alexandre Desplat, can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. At the moment there are no song titles, samples, or cover for the CD; we will have all that as soon as they are released.

UPDATE: Thanks to our friends at UHP for letting us know that composer Conrad Pope has updated his Facebook with the following:

Quote:
Just finished the first week with the LSO of recording Alexandre Desplat’s score to “HP7”. Harry Potter now occupies a new musical universe. For Lovegood AD has written a charming, “groovin’” theme. Dobby, too, is given a new “voice”. The emotional music reaches its climax in Ron’s speech in the “wilderness” where the poetry of AD conveys the emotion in a single chord’s voicing. Stay tuned.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I will be out November 19, 2010 and July 15, 2011.