View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 01:13 AM

Post Composer Conrad Pope talks involvement in Deathly Hallows: Part I musical score

Composer Conrad Pope updated his official Facebook on August 14, 2010 and again yesterday about his involvement in the creation of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I score, which is currently being created by Alexandre Desplat.

Pope announced his orchestration of the score here, two weeks ago:

Quote:
Am now in London, beginning orchestration on Harry Potter 7 for the ever-inventive Alexandre Desplat. Settling into the Sir Francis Goldshmidt rooms (yes,that IS the proper spelling) at Home House, Portman Square. (In my family however, these rooms are referred to as the LORD BROUCEK Suite—thanks, Paul). Looking forward to my fourth outing on Potter.
Pope updated yesterday, given a few teasers about the music and Harry's plights and flights in the first half of the Deathly Hallows films.

Quote:
Working on Alexandre Desplat's new score for the next "Potter". Exciting, vigorous music! Harry flies, fights and conjures. All accompanied by the distinctive, definitely non-generic voice of Desplat. Those who love melodies, harmonies and emotions in their film scores should be pleased. Reminds one of the old days. Stay tuned.
There is no set release date for the Deathly Hallows: Part I soundtrack; we will update as soon as confirmation has been announced by Warner Bros. Thanks to UHP for the tip.