View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithRodneyMcKay View Post
Coconut scented shampoo. That is what Sarah was on the hunt for. She'd run out while on holiday in the Dominican Republic with Lori and the guys, and the stuff really did wonders for her hair, especially when wet with salty sea water. Stocking up now would be ideal, as she could take the lot to Hogwarts with her.... The Prefect's bathroom was a wonderful place.

Shutting the door behind her, Sarah strode to the back of the shop, where the display used to be. She didn't know if they'd moved anything around, but it wasn't a huge shop so she'd be able to find it either way. Except - there was someone stood in the way. A boy no less. Looking at... was that scented soap? Oh, how very macho.

"Excuse me? I just need to get to this stand, would you mind shifting a little to your left please?" Polite as ever, Sarah smiled at him, and pointed in the direction of what she wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchideae View Post
... someone who was a MALE! The shock of it was striking, David had to admit, but not as much so as the girl - clearly older and more mature than the two giggling over there - who asked him to move over.

Squinting at the object in the young chap's hand, he frowned and mouthed an 'excuse me' to the woman he'd been talking with as he approached. "My young lad, I don't recommend the glitter stuff. Not very ... masculine." He winked, hoping the boy would maybe get what he was saying. He knew smells, astonishingly well, including what attracted the ladies.
All the many potent frangrances surrounding him and mingling together was starting to overpower him. Ugh, how could women not only tolerate this stuff, but go completely gaga over it, Ethan wondered as he frowned at the glitter-covered soap still in his hand.

The fifteen year old let out a long breath when a voice behind him made him turn. "Hmm? Oh... sure, sorry," he said, eyes still on the girl as he stepped to the side out of her way. There sure were a lot of pretty girls in Diagon Alley! And perhaps she could help him decide on just what to get for his mum. After all, she was a girl too and would probably know what other females liked...

Ethan had just opened his mouth to ask the girl her opinion on gifts, when he heard the words of the shopkeeper as he came towards him. "Wha-... b-but.. it's... this isn't for me!" he finally sputtered out as his cheeks turned an ever so slight tinge of pink and he tossed the soap back into its bin like it was a hot potato. The shopkeeper thought that he was here for all this girly stuff? And now so did the girl!

As embarassed as he now was, Ethan was half-tempted to walk out but quickly remembered that he was indeed here for a purpose - Mum's birthday. Taking a deep breath to regain his cool composure, the fifteen year old donned a relaxed smile and addresssed the shopkeeper, this time a little more calmly. "What I mean to say is, I'm looking for a present for my mother. I was hoping you could give me some ideas." Or just pick out the nearest pink whatchamajig, because that was his next option.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line