View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ashwinder

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7
Snake disguised as Raven Browncoat

Text Cut: Cela
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celandine View Post
"We're renting a house." Celandine explained. It was going to be quite big too. "Right on the beach. I can't wait to see it properly. My family don't live anywhere near Fiji." And who sounded completely pleased by that?!?

"Well. I always knew I was supposed to get married you know? It just depends on who it was going to be and I think, even if Copernicus can't get my father's permission, we'll run away and then I don't have to bother with silly suitors." She wrinkled her nose in distaste. "And so I guess I was okay with the idea of children already and its not much of a stretch to go from there to realising it might be kind of nice and I'd like it. Also, they'd be pretty." Like Cela. So another bonus.

She sat up straighter. "Well, not just charms really, all sorts of spells. I've been tinkering with stuff since my... well I guess it was my first year, but I didn't make my own until fourth year. I'm still kind of working out the kinks for most of them but I'm really very good at magic." Well duh. Probably by now everyone knew that. Especially 'claws. "I like simplifying magic. Things that you would normally have to do several different spells to achieve, worked into just one easy spell."

It didn't take much for Kellen to realize that there was a whole ton of family politics behind what Celandine was saying, and she could probably spend most of the summer detailing it all, if she chose to. So instead of asking for details, he commented, "I'm sure you'll have great kids."

But then his interest was hooked by her talk of charms and simplifying spells, something he could relate to a lot easier than babies and suitors. How many times did he wish a couple of spells could get rolled up together? Like an Insta-Duel-Winner. He'd like that, "Are any of them ready for a demonstration?" Because... she could do magic whenever now, right? And if she could show him a spell or two on the way out the door... could be fun.