Thread: Staff Dais
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Antarctica
Dark Force Defense League
Welsh Green

Encyclopaedia Galactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
Risu seemed like his complete opposite when it came to action on the dancefloor. Sage was hiding up here to avoid dancing.. whereas the Astronomy professor seemed almost eager to get back out there again.

He seemed to be enjoying that pumpkin juice a whole lot too, and Sage found himself pouring a goblet of his own. "I was too busy concentrating on not tripping over," he admitted truthfully. So chances were he hadn't seen Risu. "Dancing isn't really my ... thing."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
"Judge for myself? Are you asking me to join you on the dance floor Risu?" She smirked... "Accident avoidance?" she made a quirky face. "It's the first time I heard of that kind of style. Maybe you will teach me." She said and looked at the herbology professor, "but I would hate to drag you out to the dance floor. At your age, no offense, I'm sure you need time to recuperate." She lifted the pitcher on the table, holding in laughter. "More Pumpkin Juice?"
"At my age, indeed," Risu repeated with a faint smile, running a hand through his greying hair. "It's the old-fashioned cut of my dress robes, isn't it? I knew I should have chosen something more... snappy. Oh, yes, thank you," he added in response to the Potion mistress' question, and held out his empty goblet.

Risu vaguely remembered their conversation in the staff room, so he kept a close eye on the stream of pumpkin juice flowing into his goblet so that Hecate didn't have an opportunity to slip some gruesome and painful death in liquid form into his juice.

"Dancing isn't really my, er, thing either, Professor," he told the Herbology teacher while still keeping watch, "but... thank you, Hecate..." He took a sip and found the pumpkin juice as refreshing and tasty as ever. "Er, yes, not my forte," Risu went on, "but I enjoy the occasional opportunity to do so. Just to keep the ageing joints agile, you see. I'm sure yours is the lesser need, of course, as someone who teaches Herbology, but for an astronomer... It's usually the eyes that are a problem first, and then your back - you are either sitting in front of a computer," Risu wondered briefly if Hecate and Sage knew what that ingenious Muggle invention was, "or bent over peering into a telescope."