Thread: Staff Dais
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Droo

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sebastian Price
First Year
The Harpy of Hogwarts | Dungeon Mistress | Bimba di Serpeverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarctica! View Post
Risu resurfaced (risurfaced?) from the depths of his goblet of pumpkin juice. The cool liquid did wonders for his sweaty face, and he felt his body relax a bit. In fact, he thought he could almost go for another round on the dance floor already. A bit surprised at himself about his enthusiasm (but he had been having fun) he looked down from the dais in the direction of the dinner tables while, next to him, the conversation between the Potions and Herbology professors chatted gently on, but his dance partner was nowhere to be found. Perhaps out for a walk.

His goblet was empty. Risu put it down on the table and rejoined the conversation. "Oh, perhaps you should judge for yourself, Professor," he said to Hecate with a slight smile. "Talent, I think, is a bit too grand for what I do. It's more... accident avoidance, really. In four-four time."

Next, he turned to Professor Dodson. "I'm very well, thank you. How are you? I think my partner and I passed you on the dance floor a few times?"
"Judge for myself? Are you asking me to join you on the dance floor Risu?" She smirked... "Accident avoidance?" she made a quirky face. "It's the first time I heard of that kind of style. Maybe you will teach me." She said and looked at the herbology professor, "but I would hate to drag you out to the dance floor. At your age, no offense, I'm sure you need time to recuperate." She lifted the pitcher on the table, holding in laughter. "More Pumpkin Juice?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
Hectate. Right. Sage simply gave a hesitant nod. Despite the rumours he'd heard, she SEEMED relatively normal. Heh. "Well... yes," he answered, head tilting to one side. "My parents are wizarding folk but using magic to farm just isn't satisfying." He doubted she'd understand..
"Or rewarding. It's the same reason I go picking nightshade on my own... there is nothing more rewarding as to find the perfect ingredient and picking it with your hand." She said moving her thumb over her finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
He seemed to be enjoying that pumpkin juice a whole lot too, and Sage found himself pouring a goblet of his own. "I was too busy concentrating on not tripping over," he admitted truthfully. So chances were he hadn't seen Risu. "Dancing isn't really my ... thing."
"Tripping? I'm sure, Sage... May I call you Sage? I'm sure you are amazing... at dancing." She smiled at him. Maybe she could befriend him... and he'd let her have the use of his stores.