Thread: Staff Dais
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Droo

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sebastian Price
First Year
The Harpy of Hogwarts | Dungeon Mistress | Bimba di Serpeverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
Sage was so on edge - not that that was anything new - that he very almost toppled off of his seat when he was addressed. He gave a little shriek too. The Potions Mistress? This was the woman all the children in his first Herbology lesson had been afraid of? He felt his face pale slightly as he gave her hand a shake. "S - Sage Dodson, ma'am," he stuttered in reply, "but I guess... you already knew that."
"S-sage?" She repeated trying to sound as if she wasn't teasing him. "I see my reputation precedes me." She turned to the other professors and then back to the Herbology one. "That's an interesting name for a man in your position. Do you come from a long line of Herbologists?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarctica! View Post
"Er... yes. I am," Risu said, taking a deep draught of his pumpkin juice. It felt very good. He had to resist the urge to wipe his sweaty brow with his sleeve. His dress robes (the male ball attendees were wearing a colourful mix of those and Muggle suits) were neither particularly fancy nor expensive, a research fellow not being the line of work that supplied fat cheques at the end of the month, but they did fit him well and Risu had cared well for them, so smearing a line of sweat onto the arms was not in.

He smiled, feeling a little like an athlete being complimented by his coach after a particularly successful run. "Thank you," he said. "Opportunities to dance are few and far between, but when they do come up, I like to, er, rise to the occasion. I need a break now though before I can rise again."

He flashed the Potions professor another smile before she wandered off to pull another teacher into their little group. Risu used the brief pause to gulp down more pumpkin juice. "Professor," he added his own greeting with a courteous nod when Hecate arrived with the man in tow, and stepped back a little to enlarge their circle.
"I look forward to seeing more of your talent on the dance floor," she said to the professor with a smile.