Thread: Receiving Line
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by quidditch_captain View Post
"Thank you sir, I try." he said, straigtening his jacket. "You as well, sir" he added, gesturing toward his fine suit.
"Thanks, my boy. We old men have to work harder to look good, but I appreciate the compliment," he grinned at the boy. Not so old, was he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Preston's attention returned to the Head Girl. He found the gold a bit.. garish, but what had become increasingly apparent was that he would likely not think much of anything the students chose to wear was in good, proper taste. Honestly, he thought his own sister should put on a wrap. He kept those thoughts to himself, however, and off his face.

"Thank you, Miss Toussaint..." I think.

"I do not hit people, Gaellen," he said, a smirk on his face. "I think she would quite pleased if you were to ask."

But, Preston would be watching.

Quite carefully.
"Then I will. First dance, perhaps. Where is she now?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapFrog View Post
Ellie hung her head as she stepped towards the receiving line. The proud tomgirl was wearing now wearing a gold dress and black high heels. She tugged the hem of the skirt, feeling that it wasn't long enough, despite its knee-length. Her mum had made such a fuss about this thing, she couldn't miss it. That and her family threatened to send a howler if she skipped. She even had a wear her hair down and put on makeup. Thank goodness for the other girls to help her get ready.

She stepped up, careful to not stumble in these alien shoes. She politely shook everyones hand, chit-chatting, making sure her presence was verified at this horrible event.
"Hello, my dear," Tate called to the girl hurrying past. "You look very nice this evening."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest