Thread: Receiving Line
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by quidditch_captain View Post
Nymphy walked into the hall. It was magnificent, but before he could oogle he had to shake hands and the well-to-do people waiting at the entrance. "Hello!" he said to each as he past them. He gave a particular nod to the Headmaster, the Charms and Herbology professors, and his Hufflepuff prefects.....
"Nice to see you, lad," Tate waved at the boy as he strolled past. "You look very dapper this evening."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colley ♥ View Post
Lily an. Apparently that was her name now. She tilted her head towards the man who was addressing her, and offered another smile, "Surely you are too generous with your compliment, Headmaster." HOWEVER, she did agree with him, a bit. Heh. "I rather like the tux, however."
"Surely you know you deserve it and secretly agree," Tate glanced at her briefly again. "Glad you approve of the tux, although... if the tie mysteriously disappears, I think we should all pretend we don't know who the culprit is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh View Post
Raiden Jae Kururugi had never been to... events. He'd never attended any type of Ball. His family was not of the status that was invited to fundraiser events with important people. He hadn't even owned a suit until last term, and even then it had been Plymouth that had bought it for him. So the idea of a receiving line completely escaped him; what exactly was the point? You stood there, said hello to those coming in, and... then they went on their way? That was how it worked?

If that was how it was supposed to be though, then... well he supposed it wouldn't hurt to go along with it. Casting a glance at Cela, who was so shiny that it should have been illegal, he added himself to the line, the familiar awkwardness he had used to carry with him noticeably missing. He hadn't asked Plymouth if he'd be here tonight... heh. He wondered, if his friend were to show up, if he'd notice that Raiden had finally found use for the suit that Plymouth had bought for him months ago.

He absently straightened the silver tie, eyes wandering to look at the decorations.
"You look dapper, TOO, my boy," Tate offered a hand to the Slytherin prefect. Merlin, these kids cleaned up nicely. He'd probably have to shoo them out of the bushes all night to prevent secret smoochies, but it was worth it to see everyone having a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented_death_eater View Post
"Will do, boss," Vindictus guffawed.
Well, at least Vindictus would keep him from dying.

That was important. "You plan to dance, old boy?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer-em-ie
"They're good kids," he said. And then, changing the subject...

"I do believe my sister hopes to see you at some point this evening." Why, he couldn't fathom.
"I'm looking forward to seeing her again. Should I ask her to dance, or will you hit me?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest