View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Weasley174
Formerly: Harry174

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Summer Valentine
Gryffindor
Graduated
Hufflepuff
x8
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lissy Lou View Post
Nolan's eyes widened. WOW. That was certainly very intense, but he could recall the feeling of being a student who felt like the world was just crumbling around him. Everything felt so much worse than it really was. Now came the real challenge--giving advice. He wasn't really used to people seeking him out to help them with their problems but, he'd try his best. He was no therapist, but hopefully his words would help Simon a bit.

"Let's see..." Where to begin? Nolan decided to go with the stuff he KNEW he had good answers to, "As for losing house points, remember that it's only three points--you can easily make that up by attending class and doing homework! In a few weeks, no one will even remember that incident. And it's always challenging coming into an environment where you have to be more independent when you're used to having someone help you, but I assure you, it WILL get easier being on your own," he said with a smile.

Being a Hufflepuff himself, it irked him to know that someone was telling the first year that he wasn't supposed to be in that house. "The sorting hat put you in Hufflepuff for a reason. You're only in first year, and you need time to adjust and get used to your house. While you may not see why you were put there now, I'm sure you will in the future," he assured him with a nod. "Now, as for Amy, maybe she needs time to cool off before you approach her again. Perhaps if you waited a little longer to try and talk to her, you might have better results." Especially since this argument had apparently happened VERY recently.

As for the secret...Nolan was not going to pry into that. It was Simon's business, and if he wanted to share that he could, but if not--Nolan wasn't going to be nosy. That wasn't his place.
Simon looked at the Professor. "Are you sure that people will forget about it?" He asked looking straight at the Professor he doesn't want the Professor to lie to him about it, but this Professor seemed nice and it seemed like the Professor was telling the truth.

Simon then continued after wiping some of the tears of his face. "I just can't get used to it, I'm used to having someone around me all the time." He was used to having a bodyguard and his personal nanny with him all the time. "I normally have a bodyguard with me all the time and it was made me seem safe." Simon liked it when he did have one. "So you see it's hard to adjust to live here.

Simon smiled at the Professor. "How do you know the sorting hat sorted me into the right house?" He suddenly asked, he was starting to wonder if he was in the right house or if he belonged into a different one. He looked again at the Professor. "Do you think she will forgive me at all?" He asked, "I'll wait awhile before I try and talk to her again."