Thread: Daily Prophet
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
MeredithRodneyMckay
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Betsy Marin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Anderson MacKenna
Magical Law Enforcement
x7 x6
Sanctuary Abnormal | HuffRavSlythDor | Guard Badger ♥ | Stargater | Awaiting Culling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarctica! View Post
Pepper was observing the Great Hall rather blankly. He'd taken his chair and moved it to the back of the Daily Prophet booth, not really feeling up to talking to any of the students. They looked interested and eager, and more than one or two picked up a pamphlet as they passed, but he was sure that, if someone asked him about a journalistic career, he would make a mess out of explaining.

That would be bad.

He would have felt much more comfortable handing in an essay on the advantages of becoming a journalist. His hyphenated colleague was already chatting animatedly with a student, so when a girl, by the look of her of the thinking-about-one's-future age, stopped and studied the pamphlet right at the booth, Pepper got up and wandered over to her. "Good afternoon," he said, a little uncertainly, "would you be requiring assistance of any shape?"
For a second Sarah was sure it was the PAMPHLET talking to her, as a voice emanated from the vicinity of the booth.Staring at it, she turned the paper over and over, before catching sight of a person out of the corner of her eye. "Oh! Hehe," she laughed, turning to face the man, and giving him a smile. "Afternoon.Sorry, was in a world of my own then." My, that sure wasn't embarrassing, was it?

-groan-

Any assistance? Well, yes, but what on earth would she ask him? She wasn't very good at this. "Urrr, well yes please, if you don't mind.I was reading this," she waved the pamphlet in the air, as if he wouldn't have noticed her holding it already. "I was wondering if you could tell me EXACTLY what a journalistic career is like? I'm rather undecided on my future, so this job fair will come in very handy, I think..." Sarah smiled some more, trying to make him feel at ease as well.Truth be told, he looked more nervous than she did.