Thread: Daily Prophet
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
iBeJenn

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasina Riddle View Post
Egypt smiled. "Well its a job I love going to everyday." She just didn't love the coffee, but the girl didn't need to know that. "I'm Egypt Greenwood by the way." where were her manners? She held out her hand for the girl to shake. She nodded listening to the girl speak. "Well the Prophet does publish short stories and things of that nature. But perhaps you want to be an author more so than a journalists." she told her. And the world needed authors just as much as news reporters. "My sister Kenya is an author. She writes children's books and books for young witches." Paris even used to read some of Kenya's books. "Do you write for the school paper?" She knew Paris had written for the school paper during her last two terms at Hogwarts, and she could only imagine the things that flew from her daughter's quill.
"It's a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Greenwood," Selena smiled as she shook the older woman's hand firmly. "Well, since I'm a first year, I don't really know exactly how the school works. Though I think I would like to write for the school paper," Selena admitted sheepishly. "I haven't read Kenya's works yet, but I suppose I should give it a try," Selena said. Journalism was interesting, though she preferred short stories and the like. "If I were to pursue a career of being a writer, just an author, what do you propose I do?" Selena asked.