Thread: of Lainey
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mad Eye Touz
Dark Force Defense League

Diricawl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zahra Kettleburn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
CJ Cooper
Inside Kitty | HIT ENTER | UNO Queen

Lainey stood at attention and saluted Mr. Cedric of Hufflepuff. "Welcome aboard, sir." Or, you know, something like that. "You're eyeballing my dinosaur." Fact. He was. Lainey eyed it for a moment, too, then back to Cedric.

... Then to Becca. Huummmmmm. Awkward. Lainey never had been very good with tears and weird things. She was weird herself so fixing weird was.... well. What to do, what to do. "This office is SO DUSTY. I'm writing to that Truebridge fella and the other dude that was in here. For SHAME, making your allergies go ape. For SHAME. I'll write them right now." Or just hug and pat at Becca. One of those.

Now that Becca and Cela were in, Lainey pulled the candy jar back out. Mostly peppermints, some red, most green, but there were a few other goodies in and among the brimming jar. "Cela. If I recall, YOU like candy. Here," Lainey nudged the jar her way, hauling Becca with her as she moved. She might have sent Cela a HELPME look, but who could really tell.

"Oh!" Oh lookit everyone! "Bag boy! You feeling better now, young man?" Lainey regarded Jake with much more amusement than earlier. Now that they all were away from the stresses of the Staff Table, she was feeling much better. Much more herself. Surrounded by children, as it should be.