View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
DanialRadFAN01

Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
N/A

Ministry RPG Name:
Phillip Flutterby
Games & Sports

x6
Gaga Mafia Monster : MURPHY : Kelvin's SS!BFAM : Roro's Evil Twin : Ravlyndor : Gopher

Headmaster Tate, admittably a bit ill-tempered, has given the Beginning-Of-Term-Welcome Speach here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
It was NOT his fault that students behaved badly. Would his speech have prevented that? Keep your pointed glances to yourself, Truebridge.

He gave the students still milling around the dais a hard look. He had TOLD them to sit down. Why were they still there? Did they want to lose points?

'Cause as far as taking away points went... he was ready. He'd had enough of lippy students being cruel to each other.

"Students and staff. I'd like to welcome you back to another year at Hogwarts. I wish I could give you a cheerful sort of happy speech with rainbows and butterflies, but I'm not really in the mood for it." Bullies had put him off rainbows and butterflies. Terrible tragedy. "As you can see, we've had significant changes in the staff after last term. For many of our staff, it simply proved too stressful to continue, but it has provided me with the opportunity to search the globe for the best professors currently in their respective fields. I hope you will join me in welcoming them."

He paused in case there might be some applause or some other happy welcome. "Same old, same old rules apply. Stay out of the Forbidden Forest. I don't call it Forbidden because of my illegal lollipop farm, but because if you go in there, you might die. Treat your professors and peers with the respect I believe they deserve, whether you agree or not. Do not cause harm. And the watchword still is... do not die."

"And now..." He clapped his hands, and food appeared on each table. "Eat, drink, be merry, for in a bit... we sleep."