Thread: Coffee Room
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Hermione_loves_Ron

Hungarian Horntail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
November {Noe} Franze
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson {Noel} Corner
Brain Twin | MASTAH ASHURRII | Reisdent PokeNerd | Digifangirl

It was at the encouragement of his friend Mozzie that Ollie ever applied to the Daily Prophet. Maybe she was just tired of him spending all his time in the Leaky Cauldron, sitting in a corner and painting, he figured. Oh sure, he kept out of the way, drank a steady stream of tea, ordered a continuous flow of biscuits, but perhaps that hadn't been enough? She had all but thrown him out on the streets, demanded that he not return until he made an attempt at a job.

Ohhh. Maybe that was the factor; he'd spent his last two years much like a bum. In keeping up with his bummy appearances, he even crashed with Nolan. He didn't even have his own house. Oh the failure, oh the shame, oh the disgust.

At least, with a job and a steady flow of money, now, he'd be able to move out of his friend's house and finally have his own place? His parents would be pleased - at least now they could speak freely of their only son and safely attest that he was no longer a failure. No longer would his family wear the shame of his bearing. No longer would his family be mortified of his appearance, of his lack of life.

It was sort of thrilling - knowing he'd be writing, a task he greatly loved, and be able to have that nice little byline.

Disgust curled his upper lip as he looked around the tiny, dingy little break room. This was all the Daily Prophet could afford? The most wide-read Prophet couldn't afford an expansion, a nicer couch - a paint job? His eyes swept the sad walls and he noted how much nicer the room would look if only cleaned up - perhaps a lovely scheme of cheddar yellow and citrusy orange, he noted? Alternating horizontal stripes would bring a liveliness to the room, a cheer.

He wasn't entirely certain he was keen on the coffee - the dismal surroundings sucked his desire out of him. His stomach, empty, churned sadly.

TUNE IN! POTTERWATCH && BOOKCLUB