View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 06:26 PM

Post Yorkshire Dales & Hunsbury to feature in Deathly Hallows

The crew for Deathly Hallows have reportedly shot scenic footage of the Yorkshire Dales for the final Potter films. Specific sites used include Grassington Moor and Malham Cove.

Quote:
Sue Quinn, supervising location manager for the movie, said: “We have been doing a lot of filming in Scotland and we wanted somewhere different that had a certain isolation so we came to the Yorkshire Dales national park. It’s very beautiful here.”
Quote:
Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority chairman Carl Lis said: “It’s good to think that the iconic landscape of the Dales is going to be seen by a worldwide audience in the next Harry Potter film.

“We get dozens of requests every year from film companies wanting to shoot in the national park, which shows just how special an area it is.”
Photos of the area can be seen behind the cut;

Photos!: Grassington Moor and Malham Cove

A separate report tells us that aerial shots of a residential area in Hunsbury have been captured for the film. Residents were asked to leave their lights on and their curtains open, for the night shoot.

Quote:
The Mayor of Northampton, Cllr Michael Hill, who lives in East Hunsbury, received the letter to keep his lights on.

He said: “To be honest, I completely forgot! I think it would be nice if Northampton is given credit for taking part, but it will mean very little if we are just part of an anonymous backdrop.

“I think a few people will go along and try and see their houses.”