View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
KellyBear
Gryffindor
Comet aka Fred
K/O Fred's Last Laugh
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nynevah de Wynter
Sock 1 Let the Merrymaking begin!
Ottery's Editor-In-Chief Resident Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Bear

Dickens of a Disclaimer: While the title of the story is taken from one of my favorite author’s stories (my least favorite of his, but then again I haven’t read Little Dorrit, yet) this story will not be some thinly veiled remake of that story which has been done ad nauseum. I will not make us suffer through the same thing. Let’s face it, the Muppets did it best, why try to top that? So, do not expect Professor Snape to suddenly be visited by the three ghosts of Christmas or the fat friar disguised as such and Nearly Headless Nick as Marley or any such thing. Just don’t. What you can expect is a series of comedic romances and lots of holiday cheer, so even if you don’t celebrate Christmas one hopes you will join in the yuletide gaiety. This is, as most of my fan fics, AU taking place in Harry’s fourth year so you know Cedric and Sirius are still alive so you can expect to see them here … and maybe even Santa Claus but only if you’ve been nice If you’re asking me why post it before Halloween it’s because this will probably end around Christmas (our time) as it’s a novel length fic. So please enjoy and have yourself a Merry Little Christmas or if you celebrate something else Happy Holidays even if it’s too soon.
I was wondering about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Tiger Burning Bright
[/B]The legend went that if you and your true love sat on the swing on Halloween night your love was true and would last through time, but if you should have a spat before the night was through or your lover would not sit with you then you were doomed not to love at all but run around miserably alone forever. As the Halloween ball approached the legend surfaced again, and the bets began to circulate as to what loving pair would dare to sit there.
*drags you off to the swing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet
The brown leaves fell from the trees in showers of autumn, dappling the sunlight. Ginny lay on the ground laughing with Luna who had just said something funny. All around them the grass swayed in a sea of light brown blades as the wind ran through it like a child laughing and playing. It was, well, it was beautiful. The days were a soft cool reminder of summer weather but for the golds, the browns, the reds and the falling leaves and bare skeletal trees. The girls were enjoying their afternoon off from classes, without homework, well there was always potion's work but the girl's had opted to skip it, there were not a lot of pretty days left in the year. There would be rain coming and lots of it.
I love this whole scene. It is very beautifully written. I love the description. I want to stay in this scene and savor it.

Your flavour is strawberry. You're a sweet person and a Gryffindor at heart. You
see risks and know they are just another part of life. You are loyal
and hold your loved ones close, their happiness is your prize. ♥