View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
Default Chapter: I'll come back when you call me ...
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

Replies er ... Reply : DracikinsLuver4321 Thanx for reading. I'll add a poll soon ... and you're first to post ... I'll have to do something about that

You're the whisper of a
Summer breeze
You're the kiss that puts my
Soul at ease
What I'm saying is im
In to you
Here's my story and the
Story goes
You give love, you get love
And more than
Heaven knows
You're gonna see
I'm gonna run, I'm gonna try
I'm gonna take this love
Right to ya
All my heart, all the joy

The brown leaves fell from the trees in showers of autumn, dappling the sunlight. Ginny lay on the ground laughing with Luna who had just said something funny. All around them the grass swayed in a sea of light brown blades as the wind ran through it like a child laughing and playing. It was, well, it was beautiful. The days were a soft cool reminder of summer weather but for the golds, the browns, the reds and the falling leaves and bare skeletal trees. The girls were enjoying their afternoon off from classes, without homework, well there was always potion's work but the girl's had opted to skip it, there were not a lot of pretty days left in the year. There would be rain coming and lots of it.

Ron and Harry walked together around the lake watching the Giant Squid playing catch with Seamus and Dean, it kept throwing the boys up in the air and catching them before they came down. Ron purposely did not look at the cursed swing swaying between the willow trees.

"So, any luck asking Cho out?" Ron asked.

Harry shook his head. Ron gave him a sympahtetic look.

"What about you, have you figured out who you're going to ask to the Halloween ball?"

Ron shook his head. "No mate, I don't have any idea who to ask. I was thinkning but she wouldn't ... nah."

"Who did you think you'd ask?" Harry asked with a pretty notion of who it was that remained unnamed.

"Well, I was thinking maybe--" the sound of laughter stopped him. It wasn't just any laughter it was hers that had caught his attention.

"That was funny, Krum," she said.

Ron turned to look, as did Harry and there they spotted them sitting on kissing rock talking. Harry's eyes turned from Ron to Hermione and he thought he caught sight of her looking at them. Hermione's eyes suddenly caught Harry's, and a look of the greatest regret seemed to cross over her face when she saw Ron next to him. Harry knew she hadn't planned this but Ron's temper wouldn't think the same.

"Krum I can forgive, he's some Bolshevik idiot ..."

"Durmstrang isn't in Russia, Ron." Harry explained.

Ron continued not having heard his mate, "but Hermione's been here for years. And she's sitting there with him, in plain sight of the whole school on Kissing Rock. Doesn't she care what people are going to say about that?"

"What could anyone say, Ron, I mean, this is Hermione? She's not Romilda Vane." Harry said alluding to the rumors of her romantic escapades, it was going around the school that she had failed to acquire Viktor Krum and had moved on her romantic aspirations closer to home, namely Cedric Diggory.

"They could say she's silly and naive. He's obviously just trying to use her. As a ploy, yeah, to ... to upset you."

"Me? Why? Hermione and I are only friends Ron and you know it. We've only ever been friends." Harry replied defensively.

"Viktor I have to go," Hermione said, pushing her hair back behind her ear.

"Perhaps I kuld walk yuu to yuur dormitory," the boy said bowing elegantly at her.

Hermione blushed. It was really the sweetest gesture in the world. The boy had all the old world qualities she always dreamed and read about in her romance novels. Still, in her heart she had a soft spot for the roguish hero that always gave the heroine as good as he got. But Rhett Butler was a hero in a silly novel who didn't know how to respect a woman. Roguish heroes were good on the covers of books or in between the pages of such, but in the real world she wanted a boy who just didn't think she was stupid and didn't mind her being smart.

"C'mon, Harry. I don't like the look of things here," Ron said and started walking back the say they had come around the lake.

"Yes, Viktor. I think that would be nice," Hermione replied, sighing and trying to quell her feelings of righteous anger, jealousy, shame and sadness. Boys could be so stupid. But Viktor Krum was not a boy. He gave her his arm to hold.

Ron and Harry walked past a gaggle of girls who were tailing Viktor Krum and talking in less than whispers so they could be heard about how sorry they felt for Harry if his girlfriend would so openly flirt with his competitor. "They must be broken up." Came the words over the wind.

Ginny and Luna were staring up at the clouds looking and pointing and laughing at the different shapes. The sound of her voice on the wind caught Harry's ears. Ginny had the cutest laugh, he realized.